PDA

View Full Version : FYI for all NRA members

85Sooner
7/5/2010, 04:47 PM
Today, The NRA endorsed Harry Reid for Senate. No wonder why we are in the shape we are huh.That was all i needed to hear to cancel my membership.

yermom
7/5/2010, 05:01 PM
all their fear mongering and begging for money in my mailbox was enough for me

olevetonahill
7/5/2010, 05:09 PM
Im a paid up Life member. I usually read who they are endorsing and take a close look at that candidate. If his/her over all views line up with mine then I vote that way. If not then I vote for the one that does.

Yermom,The Fear thing is done on both sides of the Gun issue.

I would hate to think of where our Gun rights would be today, had we not had the NRA.

yermom
7/5/2010, 05:18 PM
i was a lot more sympathetic before being on their mailing list

85Sooner
7/5/2010, 06:09 PM
i was a lot more sympathetic before being on their mailing list

From what it seems , you seem to follow the more liberal path, so that is not surprising to me.

" I heard that guns were dangerous and killed people, so I bought one and loaded it and placed it in a chair in the corner of my living room. after two weeks..... it had not shot anyone, it was then realized that it was not the gun, but rather the person that was the dangerous one."

delhalew
7/5/2010, 06:13 PM
We would be in a very different place without the NRA. Might I suggest just not voting for Harry Reid. Lmao.
Are you sure that's not a misprint...or a bad joke...or a hacker.:)

olevetonahill
7/5/2010, 06:22 PM
The NRA base their Endorsement on One thing and thats the Candidates stand on GUNs
If they are more Pro Gun than their opponent then they get the NRA endorsement. Its that simple :cool:

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2010, 06:27 PM
The NRA base their Endorsement on One thing and thats the Candidates stand on GUNs
If they are more Pro Gun than their opponent then they get the NRA endorsement. Its that simple :cool:

That's usually the case, but the NRA will endorse an incumbent over a challenger who may be slightly more pro-gun than their opponent.

I myself am a case and point. I believe I scored slightly higher on my NRA questionnaire when I ran for State Rep. than my opponent did. However, they endorsed her (a 10 year incumbent) over me which I honestly didn't have a problem with. If you have a pro-gun incumbent (even if it's a Democrat) then it makes more sense to endorse the incumbent over the challenger.

Leroy Lizard
7/5/2010, 06:30 PM
Harry Reid has been around forever and he still has political pull. If he's pro gun and has the political clout to fend off the gun nancies, then I can understand the NRA endorsing him.

olevetonahill
7/5/2010, 06:33 PM
That's usually the case, but the NRA will endorse an incumbent over a challenger who may be slightly more pro-gun than their opponent.

I myself am a case and point. I believe I scored slightly higher on my NRA questionnaire when I ran for State Rep. than my opponent did. However, they endorsed her (a 10 year incumbent) over me which I honestly didn't have a problem with. If you have a pro-gun incumbent (even if it's a Democrat) then it makes more sense to endorse the incumbent over the challenger.

Sic, Thats because YOU were a Political Unknown . while the Incumbent had a track record.;)

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2010, 06:39 PM
Sic, Thats because YOU were a Political Unknown . while the Incumbent had a track record.;)

Exactly what I'm saying. And, like I said, I didn't have a problem with it. It makes total political sense. In fact, I'm glad the NRA is that flexible with its endorsements. I think it serves them better in the long run.

Although the idea of endorsing Harry Reid makes my skin crawl a bit.

yermom
7/5/2010, 07:06 PM
From what it seems , you seem to follow the more liberal path, so that is not surprising to me.

" I heard that guns were dangerous and killed people, so I bought one and loaded it and placed it in a chair in the corner of my living room. after two weeks..... it had not shot anyone, it was then realized that it was not the gun, but rather the person that was the dangerous one."

i joined a gun club and joining the NRA was basically required as a part of joining. it seemed like every other day i was getting some letter about how they needed more of my money because some bogeyman was coming for my guns. me being a member in my mind doesn't warrant bombarding me with junk mail constantly.

my grandfather, who was retired military and a retired cop taught me how to shoot. now i have one of his Colt 1911's and you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands ;)

i'm pretty liberal on a lot of things. gun control isn't one of them.

olevetonahill
7/5/2010, 07:16 PM
Exactly what I'm saying. And, like I said, I didn't have a problem with it. It makes total political sense. In fact, I'm glad the NRA is that flexible with its endorsements. I think it serves them better in the long run.

Although the idea of endorsing Harry Reid makes my skin crawl a bit.

I havnt gotten my latest Mag yet so I havnt a clue as to whats going on with this

Crucifax Autumn
7/5/2010, 07:41 PM
His opponent is one of the most stupid people to ever walk the earth. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Peach Fuzz
7/5/2010, 07:50 PM
So does this mean you have to take off your 8 NRA stickers off your rear-windshield?

ndpruitt03
7/5/2010, 08:32 PM
The NRA is doing this because they are scared that if the dems keep their advantage in the senate a Chuck Shumer or another even further left winger will be the Majority leader in the senate.

tommieharris91
7/5/2010, 09:53 PM
His opponent is one of the most stupid people to ever walk the earth. Maybe that has something to do with it.

This.

Taxman71
7/6/2010, 01:15 PM
Many folks around here (Oklahoma) already canceled their NRA membership when they lobbied hard trying to defeat the anti-trespassing bill protecting Oklahoma farmers, ranchers and landowners.

Leroy Lizard
7/6/2010, 03:20 PM
Many folks around here (Oklahoma) already canceled their NRA membership when they lobbied hard trying to defeat the anti-trespassing bill protecting Oklahoma farmers, ranchers and landowners.

What was the NRA's reasoning?

Peach Fuzz
7/6/2010, 04:18 PM
Wow ole vet you negged me for that... it was a joke francis now Im gonna cancel my membership :D

Crucifax Autumn
7/7/2010, 09:08 AM

You assume they used reasoning? If they had they wouldn't have alienated some of their biggest supporters.

And Angle is still an idiot. Snuffaluffagus coulda beat Reid a few months back and this retard seems to be TRYING to lose.

Taxman71
7/7/2010, 09:29 AM

Hunting. People who don't own or lease land want to hunt wherever they can, especially coonhunters (although not really a firearm sport) due to large area required to hunt. For obvious reasons, the NRA and the hunting organizations are closely aligned.

Okla-homey
7/7/2010, 10:20 AM
It's not going to matter if the GOP wrests control of the Senate from the Obamazombies this fall.

Me? NRA Life Member and proud of the work of America's oldest civil rights orgainization.

delhalew
7/7/2010, 10:36 AM
You assume they used reasoning? If they had they wouldn't have alienated some of their biggest supporters.

And Angle is still an idiot. Snuffaluffagus coulda beat Reid a few months back and this retard seems to be TRYING to lose.

I'm not privy to everything she has said or done, but based on her desire to dismantle a broken federal beaurocracy, I wish I could vote for her. If only we had a return to federalism candidate in OK.
BTW, big fan of Snuffy. Snuffaluffagus never hurt nobody.:D

Leroy Lizard
7/7/2010, 12:23 PM

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20008886-503544.html

I'd vote for her.