PDA

View Full Version : Improve ESPN College Gameday

badger
7/5/2010, 01:56 PM
We all watch it. We have a thread going every Saturday morning poking fun at it. How would you improve it? What do you all think of these recent changes?

a- Having celebrity guests related to the host site to make game picks.

b- Including Desmond Howard more

c- more attempts to visit new sites, such as armed forces academies, I-AA programs, etc?

Collier11
7/5/2010, 02:01 PM
Id say they need to let the fans vote on where they should go each week for one

I like the local celebrities being on the air, thats pretty cool

They should do something where they pick a local fan to come on and talk about their team as well, thatd be cool

badger
7/5/2010, 02:08 PM
Id say they need to let the fans vote on where they should go each week for one

That would be cool once per season. I would totally vote for Washington State. The way they've kept that flag thing going for so long is impressive.

soonervegas
7/5/2010, 02:12 PM
a and c are totally fine with me.

b is a disaster.

I really didn't watch last year after the UT pimping. I actually didn't feel like I missed out on anything either. Foxsports Saturday morning coverage is more Big 12 oriented and informative.

OUTrumpet
7/5/2010, 04:51 PM
I could go with a new song other than

"I BE COMIN

TO YO CIT-AY"

More objective. Less I <3 Texas. They've been way too bandwagon focused for a while.

I would like to see the fans vote on locations too.

silverwheels
7/5/2010, 05:05 PM
Leave it like it is. Gives me even more of an excuse to not watch ESPN other than when actual games are on.

SoonerStormchaser
7/5/2010, 05:08 PM
1. Fire that asshat Lee Corso.
2. Fire that Bucknut homer Herbie.
3. Quit going on the freaking road every week and just do it in studio...we don't need to see a bunch of moronic, classless fans who think their team should be ranked #1 when they're 2-10!
4. Get analysts from the lesser schools that won't champion all the big names week in and week out.
5. Their anti-playoff agenda is so transparent, it's sickening...how about hiring someone who WON'T tote their stupid party line.

BoulderSooner79
7/5/2010, 06:10 PM
More cowbell.

Collier11
7/5/2010, 06:39 PM
1. Fire that asshat Lee Corso.
Corso is for entertainment purposes only, everyone knows that

2. Fire that Bucknut homer Herbie.

Herbie is one of the most unbiased sports guys on TV easily, dont see where you are coming from on this one

3. Quit going on the freaking road every week and just do it in studio...we don't need to see a bunch of moronic, classless fans who think their team should be ranked #1 when they're 2-10!

Going on the road is kind of the point of the show and when have they ever been to a school who is 2-10?

4. Get analysts from the lesser schools that won't champion all the big names week in and week out.

Ratings Ratings Ratings, its just the way it is even if we dont like it

5. Their anti-playoff agenda is so transparent, it's sickening...how about hiring someone who WON'T tote their stupid party line.

If a company hires you dont you have to toe the company line? They did make a good point the other day, get some of those World Cup announcers to American sports. It is pretty sad how unwilling American announcers are to voice their opinion.

Eielson
7/5/2010, 07:40 PM
The show needs people that know more about college football than the average fan. Most times I see that show I end up feeling dumber afterwards. For me, people like Lee Corso need to be gotten rid of. He's like a bad entertainer. I probably learn more from watching The Office. Of course, they don't make that show for me. They just want more viewers, and they'd put people up there that don't even speak English if that brought in more money.

fadada1
7/5/2010, 07:42 PM
corso IS there for entertainment purposes. unfortunately, HE doesn't know that.

ouwasp
7/5/2010, 07:44 PM
I'd say drop those mushy human-interest stories. Some are decent, others are pure corn; who is to judge which is which? Drop them all and include more highlights, esp defensive ones.

BoulderSooner79
7/5/2010, 07:59 PM
I do admire Corso for coming back after the stroke - that took courage. It's just a fluff show that moves around to drum up regional interest - they're never going to have the in depth knowledge of the local fans. I like the morons with their goofy signs (especially when they sneak one past the censors). It reminds me this is college ball and not the NFL, but I don't expect to learn anything.

Collier11
7/5/2010, 08:03 PM
The signs are part of the greatness of Gameday, especially the ones who get past the censors.

ndpruitt03
7/5/2010, 08:21 PM
I don't get why anyone would watch Gameday.

agoo758
7/5/2010, 08:43 PM

Which ESPN analyst in hell doesnt support a playoff system? You really dont know what you are talking about.

JLEW1818
7/5/2010, 09:37 PM
I'll always watch the full 2 hours week 1.

sometimes i just wake up at 10:55 to see the head gear selection. I don't care what anyone says, it never gets old.

1890MilesToNorman
7/5/2010, 09:42 PM
Dennis Miller, Howard Cosell and Furgie.

oudavid1
7/5/2010, 10:13 PM
Dennis Miller, Howard Cosell and Furgie.

hahahahahahaha now that was funny

I think you cant have people vote because USC, Texas, Florida would always win.

SoonerStormchaser
7/5/2010, 10:34 PM
The signs are part of the greatness of Gameday, especially the ones who get past the censors.

Like this one?
http://www.rammerjammeryellowhammer.com/weblog/archives/Corso1.jpg

Which ESPN analyst in hell doesnt support a playoff system? You really dont know what you are talking about.
Come back when you have some more posts and board experience...and when you learn what an apostrophe is for when used in contractions.

JohnnyMack
7/5/2010, 10:39 PM
Go back to it being a 1 hour show.

Keep the current on-air talent intact as they are really good together and if you think Kirk Herbstreit is anything less the one of the best analysts in college football you are a ****ing moron. The guy is a total pro who does his homework, offers timely insight and is in no way biased towards his alma mater. But some people will bitch no matter who is doing the broadcast unless they let Barry Switzer and Merv Johnson do the show.

JLEW1818
7/5/2010, 10:52 PM
agree

Bruiser53
7/5/2010, 11:28 PM
Improvements you ask?

1) Permanently relocate to Norman

2) Provide free kegs

I think these are improvements we can all get behind.

goingoneight
7/5/2010, 11:38 PM
I agree with the in-studio idea.

It could be hosted as a daily college football feed, panning to each major game of the day. In this day and age, every big game is televised, so have your commentator and color guy outside the Cotton Bowl before kickoff, have them hanging out at the tailgating sections before the game gets underway. To me, that would be pretty kewl to see highlights from in studio, storylines and then going on location to talk with say... Nessler, Blackledge and Erin Andrews outside OU/TX. Then, Herbie, Musburger and Salters at Alabama/UF since many big games fall on the same day.

gaylordfan1
7/6/2010, 08:04 AM
I kinda like waking up in the morning and getting caught up on all the games being played and the progression of the teams..... I really don't follow a lot of the teams other OU and get most of my info from highlights. I tend to lean to the side favoring Herbie. He always gives respect to OUr team.

SoonerAtKU
7/6/2010, 09:23 AM
If you do it in the studio, it becomes just another pre-game show like the terrifyingly bad NFL Sunday shows. Keep it on the road, keep the fans involved, keep the actual gameday feel, which was the point of the show originally.

I remember going to the Colorado game in '95 and stopping by the Gameday tent, and there were maybe 100 people scattered around. I don't know if they were broadcasting at the time, but can you imagine OU fans having that little interest in the show now? I think that's a testament to how well they've done with the show for years.

Fowler is awesome, Herbstreit is great, Corso is a penis, but you need a villain up there.

TMcGee86
7/6/2010, 09:34 AM
I'd say drop those mushy human-interest stories. Some are decent, others are pure corn; who is to judge which is which? Drop them all and include more highlights, esp defensive ones.

This. I'd welcome more actual in depth analysis of game play.

I understand Espn has to try and appeal to the masses, and that's why they do it, but if I'm improving it, that's what I'd do. If a really good human interest story is there, okay, but don't go searching for one every week.

gaylordfan1
7/6/2010, 09:38 AM
The human-intrest story about the DT from Boston College was great.... He deserved being in the spot light for his courage and fortitude to get healthy from his battle with cancer.

ndpruitt03
7/6/2010, 09:39 AM
I understand some human interest stories. But most of them aren't really that interesting.

SbOrOiNaEnR
7/6/2010, 09:58 AM

THAT'S not a biased opinion at all ;)

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1997/0203_large.jpg

badger
7/6/2010, 10:39 AM
THAT'S not a biased opinion at all ;)

I was asking what you thought of those recent changes, not giving my endorsement of those changes.

Personally, the one thing ESPN did that irked me was take away the Lou Holtz pep talk and replace it with something stupid called "Dr. Lou." However, since that's not on ESPN College Gameday, let's just say that if he were to wield a college polo and visor and start pepping up some imaginary locker room full of players, badger would not be disappointed :D

EstablishedSooner1967
7/6/2010, 10:44 AM
More down horns when OU is playing anyone but Texas..

KantoSooner
7/6/2010, 02:05 PM
Not sure how to implement this, I would need to give it thought, but anything that would humiliate Corso and Holtz in amusing, cruel ways would be good. Maybe something like following them with hidden cameras the night before the game and then broadcasting them eating soup with their fingers and wetting themselves.

NormanPride
7/6/2010, 02:32 PM
How about some football 101? So few fans know the difference between a zone-read and a cover 1.

badger
7/6/2010, 02:33 PM
How about some football 101? So few fans know the difference between a zone-read and a cover 1.

This would be a good segment for Mike Leach to be a part of. Till Mikey returns to coaching (hopefully not at Poke State - see T. Booner/Poke thread), he would be perfect for explaining the weird quirks of football.

I think Mikey would be good not only for entertainment, but because he never played the college game himself and would know how to relate to a majority of his audience :D

Booner
7/6/2010, 02:46 PM
It would be nice if they would highlight the top 10 players at a particular position each week (week 1 = defensive tackles, week 2 = offensive tackles, week 3 = cornerbacks, etc.). They tend to spend too much time on two or three teams each week so that it gets boring unless they are talking about a team from the conference.

It would also be nice if they got someone to do a segment on keys to success each week for each conference. They could get some stat freak to go into detail about each conference (for example, is rushing the ball a key to success in a conference, or is stopping the rush, or stopping the big play, etc.). The stat freak could do some polling of coaches to get their insight (if they would respond).

Overall, the show is getting a bit fluffy and boring though I'll usually turn it on anyway.

rawlingsHOH
7/6/2010, 02:48 PM

lol

rawlingsHOH
7/6/2010, 02:56 PM
Zone-read is a read option, zone blocked up front, with the QB in the shotgun reading selected keys at the snap of the ball, that will cue him to keeping it or handing of to the running back.

Cover 1 is man coverage with a single safety up top!

Now we can get back to the human interest segments.

NormanPride
7/6/2010, 02:56 PM
This would be a good segment for Mike Leach to be a part of. Till Mikey returns to coaching (hopefully not at Poke State - see T. Booner/Poke thread), he would be perfect for explaining the weird quirks of football.

I think Mikey would be good not only for entertainment, but because he never played the college game himself and would know how to relate to a majority of his audience :D

That's... actually really cool. I think the majority of viewers would get a kick out of it even if they didn't understand, because Mike would be so damn entertaining.

texaspokieokie
7/6/2010, 03:02 PM
who really watches it ???

KantoSooner
7/6/2010, 05:03 PM
Better yet, how about if Mike Leach did the section.....speaking only PIRATE. YArrrrrrr!

badger
7/6/2010, 05:05 PM
Better yet, how about if Mike Leach did the section.....speaking only PIRATE. YArrrrrrr!

I posted this image during last football season after NP described it being put in 1999's playbook. Picture Leach saying "arrrrrrgh" throughout:

http://i46.tinypic.com/14bn0p.jpg

:D

HBick
7/6/2010, 05:41 PM
I would really like if they took the time to learn to pronounce all the player's names correctly. If they are a starter, please learn how to say the name correctly.

Also I agree with dropping the human interest segments. Instead of that, why don't you do interviews with all the title contenders coaches throughout the season? Obviously, you do your dark horses toward the beginning in case they flame out, but at the end of the season you have interviews with Urban, Saban, Lester, Tressel, Mack and of course Bobby Stoops (Kiffin left off due to pure dislike). This is a one time thing, it would get old each season, but it'd be nice to have a one-on-one interview with these coaches toward the end of the season. Especially on rivalry weeks. They do this to an extent, but it could be a great "feature."

OU v. Tejas would be the early October feature followed by the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party on Halloween weekend, then do Bammer when they play LSU (and interview Lester if they are still in it at that point).

PLaw
7/6/2010, 07:28 PM
corso IS there for entertainment purposes. unfortunately, HE doesn't know that.

Lee and his schtick have become very tiresome, period.

Watching C. James play during his time at SMU, I had always admired him as one of the last good white running backs. But after he ripped his britches with the Leach fiasco, I see him as the prima dona poster child.
I now change channels when I see his face.

May and Herbie don't bother me that much, but Keith Jackson they are not.

Boomer

oudavid1
7/6/2010, 08:59 PM
Not sure how to implement this, I would need to give it thought, but anything that would humiliate Corso and Holtz in amusing, cruel ways would be good. Maybe something like following them with hidden cameras the night before the game and then broadcasting them eating soup with their fingers and wetting themselves.

ok this is a little much and.....

The human-intrest story about the DT from Boston College was great.... He deserved being in the spot light for his courage and fortitude to get healthy from his battle with cancer.

he was a LB but i completely agree, loved this story and i sometime go to youtube to watch him on gameday, almost brings a tear to my eye

OUthunder
7/6/2010, 09:46 PM
Add Erin Andrews so that I actually have a reason to watch. Haven't watched the show in a couple of years. Same BS every week. Herbstreit is awesome but I thought that of Trev too. Plus he was a Big XII homer.

prrriiide
7/7/2010, 02:14 AM
Herbstreit is awesome but I thought that of Trev too.

Really? I thought:

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/557379.jpg

Leroy Lizard
7/7/2010, 02:21 AM
I would really like if they took the time to learn to pronounce all the player's names correctly. If they are a starter, please learn how to say the name correctly.

Except first names. Goofy first names should be mispronounced as a matter of policy.

badger
7/7/2010, 09:19 AM
Really? I thought:

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/557379.jpg

Trev: During these preseason polls and Heisman preseason hype sessions that ESPN has granted me, I am going to go out of my way to trash the University of Oklahoma and Adrian Peterson. Ooo, they both suck, yes they do! And now, back to what I told ESPN I was going to do.

ESPN: Fired.

Trev: But...but... I wanna be Herbie soooo bad.

IronHorseSooner
7/7/2010, 09:38 AM
I am usually hard on Corso, but after his medical problems, not as much. People tend to laugh at him, instead of with him. Herbie's the best of the bunch, and Fowler tends to be a good ringleader. Howard provides no value added to that program. BTW, I didn't watch last year, and I told myself that before the season even started. Now, with St. Tim the Circumcizer and the Dynamic Duo at * gone, it should be less nauseating.

gaylordfan1
7/7/2010, 09:41 AM
Its easier to stomach with 3 fried eggs and a helping of Wright brand bacon! Wash it down with a Mountain Dew and HELLO game day!

gaylordfan1
7/7/2010, 09:42 AM
Got to have something on my stomach for the amount of alcohol I consume during every game! :D

HBick
7/7/2010, 11:56 AM
Except first names. Goofy first names should be mispronounced as a matter of policy.

But of course. First names don't count. Like last year when Corso referred to "Dez" Bryant as "Deez" Bryant for a week haha.

tfoolry
7/7/2010, 12:28 PM
I don't care where Gameday is as long as they have Barry Switzer & this girl do all the picks. http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp229/BRAGGonUT/oklahoma-girl.jpg

cheezyq
7/7/2010, 04:06 PM
We all watch it. We have a thread going every Saturday morning poking fun at it. How would you improve it? What do you all think of these recent changes?

a- Having celebrity guests related to the host site to make game picks.

c- more attempts to visit new sites, such as armed forces academies, I-AA programs, etc?

Aside from him being forced by ESPN to take up the OU argument in 2008 (since he clearly was the worst debater of all the hosts), what does he really bring to the show? Personally I think he's an idiot just slightly above the Lee Corso mold.

BillyBall
7/7/2010, 04:13 PM
Trev Alberts

Okie35
7/8/2010, 12:04 AM
a and c are totally fine with me.

b is a disaster.

I really didn't watch last year after the UT pimping. I actually didn't feel like I missed out on anything either. Foxsports Saturday morning coverage is more Big 12 oriented and informative.

I actually prefer Des over Lee and Kirk probably because he's not around that much. I don't like Foxsports coverage mainly because that one old guy I never remember his name lol. I make sure I tune in as the kickoff starts. Anyway, having the fans choose the location would be great.

badger
7/8/2010, 02:28 PM
This has nothing to do with ESPN College Gameday, just ESPN... they just started airing the ads for the new NCAA Football 2011 game. It has a "Where I come from" theme and features none other than ADrian Peterson. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it had to do with the Sooner School and it showed a shot of the post-touchdown/extra point schooner run :D

:mad: It also features Teebz being all like "only gators get out alive, durrr" and colt being all like "hook them there horns" and ohio state, michigan, usc, etc.

:) but it features OU with AD, so keep an eye out for it! it will probably air again during all the bron crap on espn tonight

Eielson
7/8/2010, 02:32 PM

I would watch it every week if they had a show with Leach and James on together.

badger
7/8/2010, 02:35 PM
I would watch it every week if they had a show with Leach and James on together.

Awwwwkwarrrrrrd :D

Eielson
7/8/2010, 02:37 PM
No homo.

badger
7/8/2010, 02:53 PM

ESPN: Craig, we are moving you to be prominently featured on our College Gameday show.

James: Yay! Here comes the Pony Express!

ESPN: You will be debating your son's playing time with Mike Leach.

Leach: Lazy entitled brat.

James: Our family CONTINUES to be a victim of something!

JRAM
7/8/2010, 06:50 PM
Get rid of Desmond Howard. That would be great improvement.

oudavid1
7/9/2010, 01:51 AM
Anything with Mike Leach is a good idea.

Eielson
7/9/2010, 01:54 AM
Anything with Mike Leach is a good idea.

Awwwwkwarrrrrrd :D

NMSooner'80
7/9/2010, 01:14 PM
One thing that would improve it would be to make the hosts talk instead of keeping their tongues fully up an orifice of guys like Tebow, Colt and Mack. That shameful uber-promotion of "head to head" in 2008 (since OU beat the Sand Aggies so badly, that didn't really count in the three-way tie argument for some strange reason) really turned me off of all ESPN college football programming.

gaylordfan1
7/9/2010, 01:18 PM
What is this "ESPN" that everyone is talking about?

XingTheRubicon
7/9/2010, 02:06 PM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6906/anofficerandagentleman0.jpg (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/anofficerandagentleman0.jpg/)

CAUSE I GOT NO PLACE ELSE TO GO!!!1!1!!!

I find myself watching Gameday for utterly no reason other than it's an hour and a half until whogivesash*t Penn State and Northwestern kick off @ 11 and have yet to figure out how to make that time go by.

badger
7/12/2010, 02:11 PM
ESPN ignored this thread :P

Linky (http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2010/07/college-gameday-expands-to-three-hours/)

* ESPNU to Televise First Hour of Expanded Show
* Erin Andrews Adds College GameDay, Good Morning America to Sideline Reporting Role
* ESPN Radio to Simulcast College GameDay for First Time
* College GameDay on ESPN Radio to Originate from ESPN’s College GameDay Site
* Chris Fowler and John Saunders Add Weekday Hosting Duties
* Play-by-play Commentator Rece Davis, Reporter Jenn Brown Added to Thursday Night Games

ESPN’s two-time Emmy Award winning College GameDay Built by The Home Depot will expand to a three-hour format and now be aired from 9 a.m. to noon ET, providing an extra hour of college football analysis, news and features every Saturday during the season beginning Sept. 4.

I really don't mind the extra hour... we're all watching SportsCenter by that time anyway so if it's Gameday instead live from Norman it's all good.

They should have a new theme song to go with their reformed show though, not that "Yeah this country... song is shi-tay" :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
7/12/2010, 06:48 PM
haha, yep just seen that.

JLEW1818
7/12/2010, 06:49 PM
ESPN’s two-time Emmy Award winning College GameDay Built by The Home Depot will expand to a three-hour format and now be aired from 9 a.m. to noon ET, providing an extra hour of college football analysis, news and features every Saturday during the season beginning Sept. 4.

ESPNU will televise the new first hour of the popular show -- originating from the site of the day’s best game or the game with the most compelling storyline -- from 9 a.m.-10 a.m. From 10 a.m. to noon, GameDay will continue to air on ESPN. The first site of the season is yet to be announced. Each location throughout the year will generally be determined on the preceding Monday.

The three-hour College GameDay will feature show host Chris Fowler with analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard. Also, Erin Andrews will join the College GameDay lineup, anchoring several segments during the first hour on ESPNU, and contributing reports, interviews and features during the ESPN portion of the show.

As part of her role, Andrews will also work as the sideline reporter on the game from which College GameDay originates from, if the game is on an ESPN network (ESPN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.). In addition to her responsibilities across ESPN platforms, Andrews will provide select reports on ABC’s Good Morning America throughout the year.

“Millions of fans can start their college football Saturdays an hour earlier and the ever-expanding ESPNU offers the perfect home for more award-winning College GameDay,” said Norby Williamson, ESPN executive vice president, production. “As part of the new lineup, we’re thrilled to announce an enhanced role for Erin Andrews that includes GameDay, while some of our most prominent college football personalities will have new and expanded responsibilities.”

College GameDay and College GameDay on ESPN Radio
For the first time, ESPN Radio will simulcast the television version of College GameDay (9 a.m.-noon). In addition, every remote edition of College GameDay on ESPN Radio – Saturdays from noon to 7 p.m. -- will now originate from the same site as ESPN’s College GameDay. The program – hosted by Ryen Russillo with analysts Trevor Matich and Brad Edwards – is scheduled to travel to eight regular-season games in 2010.

ESPN’s Thursday night series and studio coverage
Rece Davis, who will continue to anchor ESPN’s daylong Saturday studio coverage with analysts Lou Holtz and Mark May, will assume play-by-play responsibilities for ESPN’s popular weekly Thursday night ESPN College Football Primetime game series. He will join returning analysts Craig James and Jesse Palmer. Jenn Brown will join the Thursday team as the sideline reporter.

As part of ESPN’s year-round commitment to college sports and the Bowl Championship Series, Chris Fowler -- adding to his extensive duties with ESPN -- will host College Football Live and contribute college football content to SportsCenter on Mondays and Tuesdays during the season. John Saunders, who will continue to anchor Saturday pregame, halftime and postgame studio segments on ABC with analyst Jesse Palmer, will also host College Football Live and studio coverage around game telecasts every Thursday and Friday on ESPN and ESPN2.

College Football Live, the weekday college football studio show providing in-depth analysis, news, interviews and more – is aired generally at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN through the conclusion of the BCS National Championship Game.

College GameDay
College GameDay -- entering its 24th season and 18th season of originating from a game – won the 2009 and 2007 Studio Show Weekly Sports Emmy and was the recipient of the Outstanding Contribution to Amateur Football Award, given by The National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame Awards Committee in 2006. Fowler will begin his 21st season as host of the show. Corso has been affiliated with the show since its first year while Herbstreit – who won a Sports Emmy as best Studio Show Analyst in 2009 -- will begin his 15th year and Howard his fifth.

The 2009 College GameDay season was the most-viewed ever for the program, averaging 1,711,000 households, 2,034,000 viewers and a 1.7 rating for increases of 14 percent (vs. 1,504,000), 12 percent (vs. 1,815,000) and 13 percent (vs. 1.5) over 2008. The previous high was set in 2007.

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2010/07/college-gameday-expands-to-three-hours/

Jason White's Third Knee
7/13/2010, 08:45 AM
I used to love Gameday. Now, it's jumped the shark. Herbie USED to be unbiased. Corso USED to be simply a fool. Now it seems that they have and agenda and pander for ratings. I have a hard time watching it anymore and it used to be one of the great things about CFB.

budbarrybob
7/13/2010, 10:00 AM
If a company hires you dont you have to toe the company line? They did make a good point the other day, get some of those World Cup announcers to American sports. It is pretty sad how unwilling American announcers are to voice their opinion.

Remember Bob "Taco" Greise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE4XhdgjD64

Now there's colorful for you. Too bad he had to appologize afterwards.

budbarrybob
7/13/2010, 10:03 AM
I'll watch Game Day more often if Erin stops wearing Scarfs and Turtle Necks. :D

I'm a dog I know.

Mississippi Sooner
7/13/2010, 10:07 AM
I find myself watching Gameday for utterly no reason other than it's an hour and a half until whogivesash*t Penn State and Northwestern kick off @ 11 and have yet to figure out how to make that time go by.

Same here. It's just part of the Saturday morning ritual during football season. I rarely pay attention to what they are saying unless they are talking about the Sooners. In fact, we'll often have the sound turned down and have some music playing. Basically, it's on because there is nothing else on tv on Saturday morning, and it just adds to the college football feel of the day.

badger
7/13/2010, 10:25 AM
Same here. It's just part of the Saturday morning ritual during football season. I rarely pay attention to what they are saying unless they are talking about the Sooners. In fact, we'll often have the sound turned down and have some music playing. Basically, it's on because there is nothing else on tv on Saturday morning, and it just adds to the college football feel of the day.

I love me some Sooner talk too, but some of the features are fun. Remember when they did an "all about Appalachian State" feature after they beat Michigan? It served as a reminder that the school that claims more all-time victories than anyone was about to give up that honor to us if things keep going as they are now :)

Sooner04
7/13/2010, 10:29 AM
Hello, my name is Sooner04 and I do not watch ESPN's College Gameday.

Mississippi Sooner
7/13/2010, 10:31 AM
I love me some Sooner talk too, but some of the features are fun. Remember when they did an "all about Appalachian State" feature after they beat Michigan? It served as a reminder that the school that claims more all-time victories than anyone was about to give up that honor to us if things keep going as they are now :)

I do remember, and I loved it, too. I don't think too many people at the time knew that App. State's win would be the beginning of such a downhill slide for Meatchicken.

bmjlr
7/13/2010, 11:19 AM
I will watch it more now with Erin Andrews in the first hour...on mute of course, but great way to start my morning.

IronHorseSooner
7/13/2010, 12:10 PM
I used to love Gameday. Now, it's jumped the shark. Herbie USED to be unbiased. Corso USED to be simply a fool. Now it seems that they have and agenda and pander for ratings. I have a hard time watching it anymore and it used to be one of the great things about CFB.

^^^This! Ever since the 2008 three-way-tie debauchle, I haven't been interested, and it only increases my blood pressure. In fact, they have been going that way for a while. Instead of objectively analyzing the games and educating the fans, they have been more interested about ratings. Remember back in 2000 when they stirred the pot about FSU getting to play us over Miami? What people forget about that whole scenario is that U-Dub was the #4 team, and they beat Miami in week two. Instead of pointing that out, they kept stoking the flames between Miami and FSU. Does that sound somewhat familiar to 2008 between us and *, and them ignoring what Tech did? As Coach Gottfried said about the fact that Tech beat *, and that needs to be factored into the scenario, "I don't care about Tech."

OUmillenium
7/13/2010, 12:19 PM
Its not bad the way it is. If you are totally bored and no game on yet, its ok. If you are not totally bored, its not worth watching...like most tv really.

Salt City Sooner
7/13/2010, 01:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/f7be9e76.jpg

Mississippi Sooner
7/13/2010, 01:25 PM
That caricature of Lou Holtz is hilarious.

KantoSooner
7/13/2010, 01:39 PM
caricature?

Oh, sheet yeah.

for a moment I thought that was a photo of him.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/13/2010, 03:22 PM
Yes to more "mic'd during practice" those are cool. more things like that..

Mississippi Sooner
7/13/2010, 03:27 PM
caricature?

Oh, sheet yeah.

for a moment I thought that was a photo of him.

The glasses are what makes it.

I swear, Lou's glasses are so thick now, it sometimes looks like his eyes are bigger than the rest of his face.

ashley
7/13/2010, 08:02 PM
I think the show is still fantastic. If you don't like it, don't watch. It is like porn, no one admits watching it bit it made 13B last year.

w0lfe
7/14/2010, 07:42 AM
The fact that it is now 3 hours long this coming up season goes to show its still widely popular with fans and ratings are still high

Sooner04
7/14/2010, 08:51 AM
Three hours killed WCW Monday Night Nitro, and it'll be death to College Gameday.

Mississippi Sooner
7/14/2010, 09:13 AM
Three hours killed WCW Monday Night Nitro, and it'll be death to College Gameday.

I'll give them no more than a year if they hire Vince Russo to book the show.

:cool:

GottaHavePride
7/14/2010, 10:01 PM
If Fox Sports had a brain, they'd hire Mike Leach and Bobby Knight to do a pregame show. I'd watch that every damn week. Especially if they provide Leach and Knight with a keg for during taping.

w0lfe
7/15/2010, 09:58 AM
Lol. That debra girl with the puppies had my ratings though