PDA

View Full Version : Gamecock fans go nutz

Okla-homey
7/4/2010, 10:10 AM
My neice, a Carolina alum, sent me these pics from last weeks festivities in Columbia. USC had never before won an NCAA championship in any sport.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/34479_405004086727_504831727_454222.jpg
Fans crowd grounds and front steps of the state capitol following victory parade through the streets of Columbia

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/36876_404435036727_504831727_452959.jpg
Gamecock flag flies atop state capitol dome.

olevetonahill
7/4/2010, 10:18 AM
What they win ?

Okla-homey
7/4/2010, 10:20 AM
What they win ?

baseball.

olevetonahill
7/4/2010, 10:22 AM
I see , i were expecting Tiddly Winks er somepun so i was close.:D

Ardmore_Sooner
7/4/2010, 10:40 AM
We still struck out Bradley Jr. to eliminate them.

I'm not bitter or anything. :)

tommieharris91
7/4/2010, 11:13 AM
I recommend you delete this thread. It brings up bad memories.

sooner59
7/4/2010, 12:33 PM
I thought they had one championship but it was like womens lacrosse or some stupid **** like that. Either way, its the first one that mattered. Good for em.

Okla-homey
7/4/2010, 12:35 PM
I recommend you delete this thread. It brings up bad memories.

I will if they ever manage to beat OU in a national championship football game. Which ain't bloody likely. ;)

tulsaoilerfan
7/4/2010, 01:19 PM
Did any chicks get nekkid? ;)

badger
7/5/2010, 11:25 AM
Carolina fans seem cool, so if we couldn't win it (we totally got a strike in what should have been the final pitch of the game, which got ump'd a ball instead, so the next pitch sent in the tying run, then we lose, then baj angry... etc etc), I'm glad they did, especially since they haven't won any titles in anything before.

It would be awesome if they could follow this up with a solid football season - beat Florida, take their division, etc.

Jacie
7/5/2010, 12:10 PM
It would be awesome if they could follow this up with a solid football season - beat Florida, take their division, etc.

If that happens we will have to listen to Lou Holtz explain how it was under his leadership that the foundation was laid for The Old Ball Coach to come in and win . . .

delhalew
7/5/2010, 12:21 PM
I admire Gamecock fans for staying solid despite ALWAYS being denied a championship. In the grand scheme of things, they deserve a victory.

badger
7/5/2010, 01:16 PM
If that happens we will have to listen to Lou Holtz explain how it was under his leadership that the foundation was laid for The Old Ball Coach to come in and win . . .

Lou Holtz seems like a very nice guy (and he has to be to put up with Mark May, lol) and I wouldn't mind hearing about Lou talk about South Carolina endlessly, and I bet everyone here would love it too.

Why? Cuz the more Lou talks about the Gamecocks, the less Lou talks about the Domers :D

EDIT: Speaking of Dr. Lou, I want his pep talk back. It was awesome. It was one of the reasons to tune into Friday night football. Then, during basketball season, Bobby Knight needs to do his own pep talk in a similar fashion, expect there will be less pep, less talk, and a lot more yelling. :D

bluedogok
7/5/2010, 01:23 PM
Why? Cuz the more Lou talks about the Gamecocks, the less Lou talks about the Domers :D
BINGO!!!!

badger
7/5/2010, 01:46 PM
BINGO!!!!

and oh man does he talk about the domers - he was saying 10 wins no questions after their 0-8 start season finally finished with like two wins or so... don't remember exactly. all i know is that it started 0-8 and was baaaaaaaad. the next season i think they only had like four wins. lou really, really loves the schools he used to coach at to a fault :D

Getting back to the Cocky cocks though, it really is time for Spurrier to do something good with their football program.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/5/2010, 06:09 PM
We still struck out Bradley Jr. to eliminate them.

I'm not bitter or anything. :)We were heavily Bibled in that baseball game. Cocks should send us half the trophy.

7/5/2010, 06:15 PM
Getting back to the Cocky cocks though, it really is time for Spurrier to do something good with their football program.Saban and Meyer (and Leslie, to a lesser extent, IMO)have the SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, wrapped up.

homerSimpsonsBrain
7/6/2010, 10:13 AM
Just returned from the palmetto state. They are about as pumped about beating Clemson as they are about winning the CWS. The hate between Clemson and Carolina is epic in SC. Cant imagine folks getting so worked up about an in state rival. Bunch of wierdos.

:D

Bourbon St Sooner
7/6/2010, 10:17 AM
FWIW, we handed them their only loss of the entire NCAA tournament. I think they were 12-1.

badger
7/6/2010, 10:24 AM
Just returned from the palmetto state. They are about as pumped about beating Clemson as they are about winning the CWS. The hate between Clemson and Carolina is epic in SC. Cant imagine folks getting so worked up about an in state rival. Bunch of wierdos.

:D

Unlike our state, the orange stepbrother has actually done more winning in meaningful sports than the crimson big brother... so picture Poke State beating OU in the College World Series to win the national championship. We would never, ever hear the end of it.

homerSimpsonsBrain
7/6/2010, 10:42 AM
Unlike our state, the orange stepbrother has actually done more winning in meaningful sports than the crimson big brother... so picture Poke State beating OU in the College World Series to win the national championship. We would never, ever hear the end of it.

Oh the Clemson fans are hearing it now. Until this series USC's claim to fame was knocking Clemson out of the CWS a few years ago (sound familiar??)

USCs previous contribution to collegiate athletics before this was the coining of possibly the greatest slogan ever for a college team...

http://rlv.zcache.com/south_carolina_you_cant_lick_out_cocks_t_shirt-p235893104521220473tdf9_210.jpg

USC most definitely equates to oSu in S.C. Little brother mentality of the fans and all. They're just much more polite than Poke fans

7/6/2010, 01:08 PM
Oh the Clemson fans are hearing it now. Until this series USC's claim to fame was knocking Clemson out of the CWS a few years ago (sound familiar??)

USC most definitely equates to oSu in S.C. Little brother mentality of the fans and all. They're just much more polite than Poke fansClemson is the ag school, ya know...and they are urnge. Seems that makes them automatically little brother in the Palmetto State? They may have more national championships than the cocks, but they don't have many, do they?