PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is a classic! (whornfans link)

BoonesFarmSooner
10/14/2003, 07:31 AM
You know, sometimes Boones thinks the writers for Seinfeld are the same ones who post on hornfans.com

They have some really good material!

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=stands&Number=2073135&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all&vc=1

BoonesFarmSooner
10/14/2003, 07:38 AM
Sounds a lot like what happened to me on Saturday. I had to answer the teary eyed question's of my 5 and 4 year old sons "If OU is so bad, how come they beat us." I just told em that they may win in football, but that is not the only sport we play at Texas, and reminded them of how great it was during basketball and baseball. I reminded them of how happy we Horns were watching the womens and mens baketball teams go to the final 4, and how happy we were beating Florida St. to go to CWS this past year. They still looked a little sad, so I let them wear my 2002 national championship baseball t's. They then wanted to sing 'The Eyes', and then it was bed time. First thing they said to me on Sunday morning? "Dad, OU really does still suck. I hate them." I am proud.

BWHAHAHAhahahahahahaha

Why don't you let your son wear one of those "Official UT Swimming Championship" speedo's while your at it!

Ghost of Samara
10/14/2003, 07:38 AM
I have three words for that thread: pa thet ic.

Cam
10/14/2003, 08:04 AM
This is from Longhorngirlie:

If beating OU is the only reason you can give your children to be Longhorns, then you haven't done a very good job with them. If its all about winning, tell them to root for OU or Miami.

You might want to consider instilling in them some more basic values such as pride. Such as supporting a historically clean program that has never been embarassed by widespread cheating and criminal acts by your young son's heros.
One of you that post over there might want to explain to her UT's MNC/cheating history.

Eddie Money
10/14/2003, 08:05 AM
I am on the floor.

"If its all about winning, tell them to root for OU"

AMEN, BROTHER!

Eddie Money
10/14/2003, 08:10 AM
Jack wouldn't stop crying. "But all I have are Longhorn clothes. I wish I could just throw them away and get some Oklahoma shirts."

-man, that is funny.

SOONER44EVER
10/14/2003, 08:14 AM
That kid is 5 and he seems to have more sense than any of the longhorn fans. BTW my daughter is 2 and she has the inverted horns handsign down pat. I'm one proud daddy.

Eddie Money
10/14/2003, 08:15 AM
You know, all their talk about basketball kind of shows how short their memories are, donesn't it? Oh well, Kelvin's crew can remind them about the years before last one...

RUF/NEK MAXX
10/14/2003, 08:16 AM
I liked how they think Rick Barnes is the Bob Stoops of Collegiate basketball. Last time i checked, one great season and several good seasons without Championships does not make you anything like Bob Stoops. But just for fun, does anyone have the numbers of each of these coaches, like winning % and titles and stuff. just for a fun comparison

BoonesFarmSooner
10/14/2003, 08:28 AM
Yeah, ask Barnes what his record is against OU

Those guys have no sense of reality at all. But it is entertaining!

RU4OU2
10/14/2003, 08:51 AM
After the game Mrs. RU4OU2 and I were on our way back to the car when we witnessed something similar. A texas fan was sitting on a bench with a beer in each hand and his young son (7 or 8) stood in front of him crying like a baby, saying "daddy, I just wanna go home!!!".

KABOOKIE
10/14/2003, 08:59 AM
So sad. At least their kids seem to have some sense.

OUDoc
10/14/2003, 09:10 AM
I think someone should call DHS on these people. My 11-year-old step son thinks it's cool when we win, sucks when we don't. He NEVER cried for OU losses, even at that age. What are they telling these kids to make them take it so seriously? Adult fans crying, fine. Kids shouldn't cry, it's just a game to them!

MITSooner
10/14/2003, 09:35 AM
We should start thinking of the Longhorn children before we pound them 65-13...

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN???

sooner_jc
10/14/2003, 09:53 AM
Man - I remember when we used to have to look forward to basketball season. Those were the days........that SUCKED!! HA HA! It sucks to be a whorn these days!

Jimmy Lizard
10/14/2003, 10:04 AM
RE: "You might want to consider instilling in them some more basic values such as pride. Such as supporting a historically clean program that has never been embarassed by widespread cheating and criminal acts by your young son's heros."

He better hope they don't discover the NCAA Web site.

Jimmy Lizard
10/14/2003, 10:05 AM
By the way, they had better hope that OU doesn't beat UT in basketball next time around.

GDC
10/14/2003, 10:55 AM
:) Life is good. :)

Tailwind
10/14/2003, 11:05 AM
Egad! Some of those people really tear each other up! Pretty sad, if you ask me.

KaiserSooner
10/14/2003, 11:07 AM
Did you guys see the extra jab that Longhorn Girlie threw in??.....Switzer's criminals.

What a total bitch.

That holier than thou attitude is so maddening. When they show zero respect for their opponents (mind you, following a 52 pt trip behind the woodshed), it is no wonder Texas is so hated by so many.

Here's to many more 52+ pt slaughters of the Longhorns.

Billy Sims
10/14/2003, 11:40 AM
The best post on there was this one

theres a little boy up in Palestine that used to want to be a Longhorn until this past weekend too.....now he wants to be a Sooner.........

He should have picked up that phone and committed at half time.

SoonerInHouston
10/14/2003, 12:12 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! That is funny!

Pricetag
10/14/2003, 12:43 PM
People outside of the country know what Texas is, though. They really have nothing, do they. Pathetic.

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2003, 12:48 PM
Oh my goodness . . . that is pathetic . . . "Switzer's criminals" . . . whatever.

Stoop Dawg
10/14/2003, 12:56 PM
Every time OU beats Texas by more than 50 points a kitten dies. Bob, please think of the kittens!!!

DarrellZero
10/14/2003, 02:39 PM
Of all the dumba$$ threads I've ever read on hornfans, I believe this is the dumbest. How can a group of people take themselves so seriously? What is wrong with them? Teaching a 5 year-old to say someone "sucks"?

Norm In Norman
10/14/2003, 03:03 PM
I wish I had read this thread sooner.

http://members.cox.net/norminnorman/MackLoses02.jpg

RacerX
10/14/2003, 03:22 PM
somebody has to post that over there.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/14/2003, 03:24 PM
Good one, Norm.

You know I grew up as a Sooner. We had season tickets and everything, but at 5 years old I don't remember taking any football games that seriously. What it is life and death down there if you lose a football game?

sooner_jc
10/14/2003, 04:21 PM
I posted the pic and I'm prepared for a swift banning by the "admin" over there.

Joe
10/14/2003, 04:24 PM
Damnit, their site keeps making IE crash when I try to post it.

Soonerborn03
10/14/2003, 04:40 PM
It seems like the dad of the 5 year old finds it more important for his son to want to say OU sucks more than he wants him to say Hook 'em...i think there's somethin wrong with that.

Oh yeah...and the guy that said that Texas is one of the most beautiful places on earth...could he really be serious about that?

Penguin
10/14/2003, 05:04 PM
Man. And to think that I was actually starting to feel sorry for them.

Can tejas get the death penalty for having the worst fans in the country?

SoonerJLB
10/14/2003, 05:29 PM
I think someone should call DHS on these people. My 11-year-old step son thinks it's cool when we win, sucks when we don't. He NEVER cried for OU losses, even at that age. What are they telling these kids to make them take it so seriously? Adult fans crying, fine. Kids shouldn't cry, it's just a game to them!

My 11 year old daughter still kind of remembers the Blake years when Daddy wasn't quite as happy on Saturday nights. She was about 5 years old when Nebraska put a whooping on us in 1996 (or 1997) but she didn't cry or wish she was a Husker fan. However, she did probably cry if I wouldn't let her watch Rugrats. Hell, The crying texas kid's Dad was probably not even born yet when texas won its last Nat'l Championship.

It all goes back to the way Texans (especially longhorn fans) are raised to believe the are the "Chosen ones" on the planet. Oh what delusional, myopic lifes longhorn fans live. Sucks to be them....reality hit them in the face like a pimp with a bitch slap on the face.

Reminds me of what Barry said about longhorn players/fans, "Texas (players/fans) are like the kids who were born on 3rd base but think they hit a triple".

SoonerJLB
10/14/2003, 05:59 PM
Of all the dumba$$ threads I've ever read on hornfans, I believe this is the dumbest. How can a group of people take themselves so seriously? What is wrong with them? Teaching a 5 year-old to say someone "sucks"?

The horn fans are really, really having a meltdown at Hornfans and longhorn fan zone...it is hillarious. We can expect nothing but weak smack from them for awhile (at least until February....when they go for their recruiting championship). We will only hear about how good their swimming, diving, track and field, tractor pulling ect and of course their tier 1 education smack.

I never did understand why they even bring that up....the only schools they should even try education smack is the Ivy League schools, Northwestern, Stanford, and maybe a couple of other top tier 1 schools. Texas is ranked like #49 out of 50 in the so called tier 1 education. When my nephew was accepted at Harvard...I jokingly asked him if he was sure he wanted to settle for an Ivy league school when there was the University of Texas. He gave me a strange look and said why not just go to Oklahoma...Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan...what is the difference? There are all just football factories and they don't have a squash team. The moral to the story is...if your school doesn't have a squash team...why bother bragging about the academics. :D

I wish I was a shower rod or rope salesman and my territory was texas. I would make a killing this week.

Jimmy Lizard
10/15/2003, 01:53 AM
I like how they sang The Eyes of Texas before going to bed. :)

sooner_jc
10/15/2003, 08:22 AM
Bevolatile (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=Bevolatile&Number=2077497&Board=stands&what=showflat&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all&vc=1)
500+ posts
10/14/03 05:44 PM
Re: My Five Year Old Son Wishes He Were A Sooner [re: Bevolatile (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=stands&Number=2073135&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&vc=1)]

I hate to spoil the HeyLookAtTheBadWhiningBlamingWinningIsEverythingPa rent party, but for the record the original post was intended as a smartass dig at Mack, as in "holy cow look how bad it is folks, my little boy wants to be a Sooner". I wasn't actually soliciting parental advice, whining, or blaming. Just telling what I thought was a funny episode that fit the post-10/11 mood.

My sense of humor is a bit on the dry side and I didn't go into the full-blown details of the story, so looking back I can actually see how some of you might have taken this the wrong way. Like everything else in life, there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. The unglamorous truth being that my son was in a pretty fragile mood that day anyway because he'd missed his nap two days in a row and hadn't seen his daddy in a couple of days. That's when he's most likely to cry unexpectedly about any little thing (again, not asking for advice here--just clarifying the backstory a bit).

And no, I'm not an ogre parent who tries to beat a "winning is everything" mentality into my kid. We only put him in sports like tee ball and youth soccer at Westlake where they don't emphasize competition at all. He does understand that certain teams are our big rivals because last year at a birthday party some Sooners dad tricked him into thinking that he was doing the Hook-em sign wrong. While I was driving him home he said "Dad, you taught me to do the Hook-em-Horns the wrong way. Here's how it's really supposed to go," and I look in the rear view mirror to see him doing the upside-down horns. He was truly bewildered that a grownup would intentionally tell him something that wasn't true so I had to explain the whole rivalry thing to him then.

Anyway, my son's response was just the capper to a long hard day for him and he's totally over it. It was true but I blew it out of proportion a bit because it made a good story, I thought, and his reaction seemed more interesting than most of ours because, you know, kids say the darndest things.

Sorry to rain on the holier-than-thou parade, but thanks to those who stuck up for me. And the masturbation post was hilarious.

"I thought we were going to win," Mack Brown said. "That shows you how crazy this game is, or how clueless I am as a coach."

At least he has a sense of humor. And I haven't been banned yet!

soonerndn
10/15/2003, 08:44 AM
From the whorn board: "I thought we were going to win," Mack Brown said. "That shows you how crazy this game is, or how clueless I am as a coach."

Someone please make this a signature.

Jimmy Lizard
10/15/2003, 12:37 PM
I remember crying after the Game of the Century, but I was only six. (My Dad scolded me for taking the game too seriously, btw.) I sure don't remember asking my Dad if I could be a Husker fan. :)

Jimmy Lizard
10/15/2003, 12:41 PM
In other words, Bevotile lied to stir people up.

These people are nuts.

mentalkase
10/15/2003, 12:53 PM
Longhorngirlie is a pile of ****.

This thread really opens my eyes to how sorry of a bitch she really is.

They should vote her sorry no good for nothing *** off the site.

KaiserSooner
10/15/2003, 02:47 PM
The sad thing is that LonghornGirle (ie, the Nazi Rose of Texas) epitomizes that fanbase.....they truly believe their team lost to Switzer because he was a cheater and his players were criminals.

OUDoc
8/3/2007, 09:06 PM
This was a funny thread.
I miss the texas meltdowns during our run.
Ehh, the new streak starts this year.

MR2-Sooner86
8/3/2007, 09:43 PM
New poster here but I've read the site for a couple of years. I must say this gives me a good laugh. Can't wait to see it again on hornsfans this year.

:pop:

Sooner98
8/4/2007, 10:39 AM
If beating OU is the only reason you can give your children to be Longhorns, then you haven't done a very good job with them. If its all about winning, tell them to root for OU or Miami.

You might want to consider instilling in them some more basic values such as pride. Such as supporting a historically clean program that has never been embarassed by widespread cheating and criminal acts by your young son's heros.

I especially enjoyed this quote, in light of recent events.

stonecoldsoonerfan
8/5/2007, 04:30 AM
We cannot proceed.
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was:

There was a problem looking up the post in our database.

This is not necessarily an error. If you feel this is an error then it could be something as simple as your browser not being set to accept cookies. If you feel this error is a problem with the server then please contact [email protected] and let us know what exactly went wrong so it can be fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise, please use your back button to return to the previous page.

auto
8/5/2007, 06:50 AM
The sad thing is that LonghornGirle (ie, the Nazi Rose of Texas) epitomizes that fanbase.....they truly believe their team

Truly a great name for her. As lurker there, it is amazing the shiaaat over there. They shut their own fans threads down fast than a Sooner posting at PukePower.com.:D

utex74
8/5/2007, 01:14 PM
Longhorngirlie is a pile of ****.

This thread really opens my eyes to how sorry of a bitch she really is.

They should vote her sorry no good for nothing *** off the site.

It's her site. (hers and Orangeblood) And she will ban you in a heart beat. I've been banned from a board before. But overall it is a very useful site and they have great, and FREE, tailgates.

Jacie
8/5/2007, 02:25 PM
It's her site. (hers and Orangeblood) And she will ban you in a heart beat. I've been banned from a board before. But overall it is a very useful site and they have great, and FREE, tailgates.

Were you banned from her site or a Sooner board? I enjoy reading the posts there and getting material to post on Sooner boards but was banned from posting a few years ago after referring to Cedric Benson as Bennie.

StoopTroup
8/5/2007, 02:46 PM
That kid is 5 and he seems to have more sense than any of the longhorn fans. BTW my daughter is 2 and she has the inverted horns handsign down pat. I'm one proud daddy.
Just pulled my 5 yr old Boy into the kitchen after reading this...

I said "Son...you need to learn this hand signal. You'll thank me later. :D "

Thanks 44.

SPEK

47straight
8/5/2007, 10:55 PM
But overall it is a very useful site and they have great, and FREE, tailgates.

And after all, tailgating is what most UT fans care most about anyway.

utex74
8/5/2007, 11:15 PM
Were you banned from her site or a Sooner board? I enjoy reading the posts there and getting material to post on Sooner boards but was banned from posting a few years ago after referring to Cedric Benson as Bennie.

I was banned from one particular board on hornfans. They are quick with the hammer.

SoonerRecon
8/6/2007, 02:24 PM
And after all, tailgating is what most UT fans care most about anyway.

they have no place to tailgate. they fire up their grills in parking garages. pathetic

47straight
8/7/2007, 07:35 AM
Ventilation issues aside, they do do it up quite well. And there are places to do it - which leads to very, very funny situations like Deloss Dodds selling out their fans' tailgating spots to corporate promotion trucks. Hee hee.