PDA

View Full Version : David Feherty's American Journey (7/3: Bradford & Kim)

HBick
7/2/2010, 09:27 PM
http://newsok.com/former-sooners-sam-bradford-anthony-kim-featured-on-david-fehertys-cbs-sports-special/article/3472816

As CBS golf analyst David Feherty prepares to celebrate his first Fourth of a July as a U.S. citizen, he praises this country as a land of opportunity.

CBS golf analyst David Feherty, left, caddies for former OU quarterback Sam Bradford during a round of golf at Belleride Country Club in St. Louis. Feherty interviewed Bradford for his CBS sports special at 1 p.m. Saturday.

In his CBS Sports special Saturday, Feherty highlighted two former University of Oklahoma star athletes — quarterback Sam Bradford and golfer Anthony Kim — as examples of Americans who have taken advantage of their many opportunites.

Bradford had the chance to excel in many sports, before zeroing in on football.

Growing up in Los Angeles as the son of Korean immigrants, Kim chose golf over gangs.

"I chose four people with uniquely American stories that really could only happen in this country," said Feherty, who also spotlighted former secretary of state Condoleeza Rice and Lady Antebellum singer Charles Kelley in the special "Golf Magazine Presents David Feherty's American Journey," 1 p.m. Saturday on KWTV-9.

Feherty noted Bradford, a Putnam City North High School graduate, has unlimited potential on and off the field.

"He could have been a Rhodes Scholar," Feherty said with his distinct Irish accent. "He could have been a professional golfer. He could have been anything he wanted to be. And that's the story to America to me. If you're willing to be in the right place at the right time and do things that unsuccessful people don't want the responsibility for, it doesn't matter who you are or where you're from, you can do it here."

Feherty witnessed Bradford's golf skills firsthand when he caddied for him during a round at Bellerive Country Club in St. Louis, and Bradford nearly made a hole in one.

"We didn't make a single retake," Feherty said. "He has got a swing. It's unfair to be the No. 1 draft pick (in the NFL) and be that good at golf as well. He'd kick Tony Romo's (rear), I think."

If for some reason Bradford, the No. 1 overall draft choice of the St. Louis Rams, decided to shuck his NFL dreams for a shot at the PGA Tour, Feherty said his short game would be his downfall.

"These guys out here on tour are so incredible around the greens because they spend so much time at it. I don't think Sam had hit a ball in weeks when I went out to interview him. He can swing like a pro, but finishing it off would be like asking a (golf) pro to hold still in the pocket and go with his third option and put it on the numbers. It's not going to happen."

There's another section on Kim in the article, but I figured most people wanted the Bradford info. Special airs tomorrow 1PM on CBS

goingoneight
7/2/2010, 09:49 PM
I saw a pic in the DOK today of that. Looks like Sammy was sporting a 'Stache. But it was a badly pixelated black and white pic, so it could have just been the photo.

sooneron
7/3/2010, 10:51 PM
Condy Rice? srsly?

picasso
7/3/2010, 11:02 PM
Condy Rice? srsly?

She's rumored to be on the short list for first female member at Augusta National.

sooneron
7/3/2010, 11:15 PM
Would that make her a double token?

Soonrboy
7/3/2010, 11:36 PM
Watched it today..the guy is pretty funny, the one who hosts it. Even the Condy Rice piece was decent. Sam was incredible, of course. No mustache on him. He looks huge.

delhalew
7/4/2010, 12:49 AM
Would that make her a double token?

Umm...really? No part of you wanted to take that back?