PDA

View Full Version : Nightlife in the metro...

Peach Fuzz
7/1/2010, 04:43 PM
Just turned 21 and havent really had to time to 'splore the clubs and bars around here... Just wondering where I could bring 5-10 friends and have a blast at. What nights are the best at that place?

Oh and I cant stand Affliction shirt guys... so if its overrun with them dont even post :D

Good fun/pretty chicks is a plus... good is stretching it

Collier11
7/1/2010, 05:27 PM
Do you want Bricktown, OKC in general, or Norman, im assuming Bricktown?

In Bricktown youve got a few options

City Walk- 7 clubs in 1 so you have plenty of options and if you dont like a particular crowd you can move on to one of the other clubs. Last time I was there they have a Country club, Techno, cigar lounge type place, 80s music, Live music, piano bar, and hip hop. It is usually a decent time

Sky Bar, it is ok, it used to be a blast but now they let anyone in and you see alot of WT. A pretty good DJ though and the bars are pretty accessible

Rok Bar- This is my favorite place, its a NY style bar/club, They have a really good live DJ most nights, reasonable drinks, it does get really crowded though

Americas Pub, weekend nights they have a live DJ and a dance floor but it is set up with a wrap around bar in front, pool tables and stuff like that in one of the front corners, and a dance floor in back

Cafe Nova- This place is fun but it gets way packed and hard to get to the bar. Good atmosphere and music though, this is located on 4308 N Western Ave

If you need Norman ideas just let me know, if you are wanting other parts of OKC I cant really help you

HBick
7/1/2010, 07:11 PM
Campus Corner is pretty much fun no matter where you go during the school year. Summer time, Louie's Too can be fun, same with Logans. Brothers has been really busy the past month, 747 has dollar domestics on Wednesday nights. But no matter where you go, your going to have affliction shirts, but in Norman, you'll also have a bunch of frat stars with their croakies on after dark, etc... Norman is your best bet for girls around 21+/-

I don't go to Bricktown.

OKC, stick to Western, with Cok in the Walk (be aware, lots of fights), The Dugout is fun if your with friends, shoot some pool, etc... Or you can go to Speak Easy, Edna's (get a lunch box), The Sip and Go (Sopangos), or Nova.

And if you're feeling really crazy I suggest going to Club Rodeo I think on Wednesday's? I'm not sure which night but they have .50 long necks, and your also less than like 3 miles from Nite Trips where any 21 year old should experience.

Let me know if you have any questions.

silverwheels
7/1/2010, 08:50 PM
If you don't like the Affliction or Ed Hardy crowd, Rok Bar and America's Pub in Bricktown should be visited sparingly, although they can be fun sometimes. Citywalk is really for the mid-to-late 20s crowd, so that leaves Skky Bar. Skky usually isn't too crowded and there are two bars on either end of the dance floor and tons of waitresses walking around, so it's not too hard to get a drink. There's also a couple of piano bars in Bricktown, but if you're younger than 35, you probably shouldn't go.

Western is full of hipsters and McGuinness alums, so I would also go sparingly, but that's just me. It's not too bad most nights, especially at Sopango's and Edna's. Wasn't a fan of the Speakeasy, although that could be because I ran into an ex-girlfriend there once, and she is also a McGuinness alum. And it was totally dead on a Friday night.

Stitch Face
7/1/2010, 09:27 PM
First, a couple of questions:

Do you like the nightlife? Do you like to boogie?

Collier11
7/1/2010, 09:55 PM
If you don't like the Affliction or Ed Hardy crowd, Rok Bar and America's Pub in Bricktown should be visited sparingly, although they can be fun sometimes. Citywalk is really for the mid-to-late 20s crowd, so that leaves Skky Bar. Skky usually isn't too crowded and there are two bars on either end of the dance floor and tons of waitresses walking around, so it's not too hard to get a drink. There's also a couple of piano bars in Bricktown, but if you're younger than 35, you probably shouldn't go.

Western is full of hipsters and McGuinness alums, so I would also go sparingly, but that's just me. It's not too bad most nights, especially at Sopango's and Edna's. Wasn't a fan of the Speakeasy, although that could be because I ran into an ex-girlfriend there once, and she is also a McGuinness alum. And it was totally dead on a Friday night.

When I go to Bricktown I usually go to Rok bar and I rarely see any meat heads in there, Americas Pub, maybe so

silverwheels
7/1/2010, 10:07 PM
Well, I've cut way back on my partying, so it's been a while since I've been to Rok Bar, but it used to be like that. And it was impossible to get a drink.

btk108
7/1/2010, 10:32 PM
America's Pub sucketh....

sooner59
7/1/2010, 11:16 PM
Campus Corner is pretty much fun no matter where you go during the school year. Summer time, Louie's Too can be fun, same with Logans. Brothers has been really busy the past month, 747 has dollar domestics on Wednesday nights. But no matter where you go, your going to have affliction shirts, but in Norman, you'll also have a bunch of frat stars with their croakies on after dark, etc... Norman is your best bet for girls around 21+/-

I don't go to Bricktown.

OKC, stick to Western, with Cok in the Walk (be aware, lots of fights), The Dugout is fun if your with friends, shoot some pool, etc... Or you can go to Speak Easy, Edna's (get a lunch box), The Sip and Go (Sopangos), or Nova.

And if you're feeling really crazy I suggest going to Club Rodeo I think on Wednesday's? I'm not sure which night but they have .50 long necks, and your also less than like 3 miles from Nite Trips where any 21 year old should experience.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Nova is decent. Edna's is ok, but can get a little crazy. Last time I was there, I saw a 63 year old crackhead lady giving another chick a lapdance. It was....well....interesting. Cok of the Walk is ok, nothing special. Sipangos, I wouldn't know, because it was so smokey that I couldn't breathe, so I walked back out. Never been to the Dugout. If you want to take a trip back in time to the 70s/80s and and see some retro stuff, check out Groovy's. We ended up there once when we got in a car with some chicks and I had to take a few minutes to realize what was going on. Ended up having a great time and had to play wingman for my buddy who was trying to score a ****, lol.

Collier11
7/1/2010, 11:16 PM
Well, I've cut way back on my partying, so it's been a while since I've been to Rok Bar, but it used to be like that. And it was impossible to get a drink.

Well I only go about twice a year so...

:D

HBick
7/2/2010, 12:07 AM
Smoke doesn't bother me, but Groovy's, how could I forget? Great cougar hangout, but it doesn't compare to Russel's if your looking for cougars.

sooner59
7/2/2010, 01:35 AM
Well, it censored milk (spelled with an "f" instead of the "k"), so yeah cougar works.

Peach Fuzz
7/2/2010, 03:30 PM
Well last night I started at APub just to get loose.. Went to sky, rok, and sheetywalk(if ya cant tell it sucked to me) first 3 were fun but city was a meat party...

Time to head souf for Norman... what all can I expect and what places are a must... got 3 girls and 2 guys going with thou

Oh and btw I do have interest in the cougs... they dont bs as much :D

Collier11
7/2/2010, 03:46 PM
Norman you have a few things to consider,

If you are wanting laid back stay away from campus (although with it being summertime im not sure how packed campus corner will be)?

Laid back you can go for Louies west side or Blu, on Campus you have another Louies, Logans (kinda like Rok Bar but not as fun), 747 (has really died lately, supposed to be a nicer trendy bar), The Deli if you want live music and lots of cigarette smoke but cheap beer, or you can head over to Main Street where you have Bison Witches (basically a step up from a dive bar), Abners (tons of alcohol selection but a poor atmosphere IMO), or this new sports bar which is apparently pretty cool, I havent been there yet.

btk108
7/2/2010, 04:39 PM
or this new sports bar which is apparently pretty cool, I havent been there yet.

They have your picture at the door and you haven't figured how to sneak in yet, huh? :D

Tulsa_Fireman
7/2/2010, 05:17 PM
Years ago, we used to call Sherlock's Sure-f*cks down on... Meridian? Used to be the epicenter of raging cougar estrogen.

Curly Bill
7/2/2010, 05:20 PM
There's this place called The Hideout...

...but you have to be a member.

btk108
7/2/2010, 05:48 PM
Years ago, we used to call Sherlock's Sure-f*cks down on... Meridian? Used to be the epicenter of raging cougar estrogen.

Still there.....still ragin

HBick
7/2/2010, 07:17 PM
747 is fun on Wed. Dollar Domestics. Other than that if you want to see people your best bet is going to be Brother's because that's the only place underage kids can even get into, therefore 21 year old's go there. You may get lucky and see Louie's Too (nextdoor to Louie's) crowded but you can smoke in there.

O'Connell's is meh. I'm partial to the old one, but it's impossible to get over there now due to the construction (Note: not impossible but just a hassle). Also you can aim for Bill's next to the dorms, Wednesday's are bingo and it's usually pretty fun, just make sure you go before 11 otherwise you might be SOL on finding a table.

I refuse to go to Rok Bar, so I don't know if Logan's is like it or not, but Logan's is probably the second most crowded place on campus corner during the summer, and there is usually not a line, I think this speaks volumes to how dead CC is during the summer. Blu is fun for happy hour, really cheap mixed drinks. Abner's on main street has a great selection, just a crappy atmosphere. Bison Wiche's has a deal on Wednesday, or is it Thursday? Like 5.75 all you can drink beer.

Also I like Coache's if your looking for something chill. It's not too crowded and if you go to the bar area, next door to the restaurant, you'll find a bunch of pool tables and flat screens.

Royal Bavaria is fun as well. Never been but hear really good things, but Royal Bavaria is north of Robinson on the east side, but a great place to start if your feeling adventurous.

I frequent these places a lot, let me know if you have any questions

btk108
7/2/2010, 07:19 PM
the Deli is a cool bar to just hangout out at...thanks, C11

StoopTroup
7/2/2010, 07:23 PM
First, a couple of questions:

Do you like the nightlife? Do you like to boogie?

DN2qImB0sT0

StoopTroup
7/2/2010, 07:26 PM
YAAAHOOO!!!! EVERYBODY DANCE!!!!

DIu0jQ5TaRQ

StoopTroup
7/2/2010, 07:32 PM
Peach Fuzz is into runnin' around
Hanging with the crowd
Putting your business in the street talking out loud
Saying you bought him this and that
And how much you done spent
I swear he must believe it's all heaven sent
Hey boy, you better bring the chick around
To the sad, sad truth, the dirty lowdown...:D

yj4JCPXQjk8&feature=related

SoonerInKCMO
7/2/2010, 07:33 PM
Have you tried the Habana Inn off of I-44? I hear good things from people at work.

StoopTroup
7/2/2010, 07:40 PM
There's a place up on I-35 I see when I'm headed to Norman for a game....

Never been in but always wanted to...

I think it must be called "XXX" because it's on the roof.

btk108
7/2/2010, 08:34 PM

DN2qImB0sT0

What is that hanging down between her legs?

StoopTroup
7/2/2010, 08:40 PM
What is that hanging down between her legs?

Disco Balls? :D

btk108
7/2/2010, 08:50 PM
lets have C11 check it out and report back

Collier11
7/2/2010, 10:43 PM
I refuse to go to Rok Bar, so I don't know if Logan's is like it or not, but Logan's is probably the second most crowded place on campus corner during the summer, and there is usually not a line, I think this speaks volumes to how dead CC is during the summer. Blu is fun for happy hour, really cheap mixed drinks. Abner's on main street has a great selection, just a crappy atmosphere. Bison Wiche's has a deal on Wednesday, or is it Thursday? Like 5.75 all you can drink beer.

Im not partial to any bar on campus cus im sick of campus corner but Id be interested to knwo what bar is more crowded than Logans, that place is the only place on campus that routinely gets packed from what I have seen

Collier11
7/2/2010, 10:44 PM
lets have C11 check it out and report back

Habana Inn, thats the place you dance at right?

btk108
7/2/2010, 10:51 PM
Habana Inn, thats the place you dance at right?

they let me in on your lifetime membership

HBick
7/3/2010, 10:30 AM
Im not partial to any bar on campus cus im sick of campus corner but Id be interested to knwo what bar is more crowded than Logans, that place is the only place on campus that routinely gets packed from what I have seen

It depends on what night of the week, and also on a Holiday weekend like this one, all bets are off. But last night, Logan's was packed by 11pm. Brother's was extremely crowded as well. Louie's Too had a DJ (it was his last show sadly, he's a great guy), and it was a mad house in there. The Deli had live music and had a line. But since it's summer time on a Friday night, Logan's is going to be most crowded. Saturday it will be Brother's due to the band.

But when school is in session, it will be all different, also next week the 2nd session of summer school starts, so things will change again next week when kids are gone/coming into Norman.

Collier11
7/3/2010, 12:35 PM
I didnt know anyone still went to Brothers, I never go there though

Peach Fuzz
7/3/2010, 03:57 PM
I went to logans and louies last night too... not too bad at all, CC was a bunch of older rounder guys tryin to make convo with anything that had legs... pretty funny but theyre game was... meh... Guess Ill just find a coug... i need to get laid :D

Collier11
7/3/2010, 04:19 PM
Go to Sugers :D