PDA

View Full Version : Some Obama-care provisions begin today

Okla-homey
7/1/2010, 06:24 AM
Particularly the 10% Federal tax on indoor tanning.:rolleyes:

Which is a way to raise some money to help pay for Obama-care that only affects white people. Especially white women.

Funky.

KABOOKIE
7/1/2010, 06:54 AM
Did menthol cigarettes get a 10% tax hike?

colleyvillesooner
7/1/2010, 08:08 AM
We filled the wifes prenatal vitamin yesterday because as of today it changed classification and jumped in price.

Thanks a lot Bin Laden.

TUSooner
7/1/2010, 08:40 AM

Which is a way to raise some money to help pay for Obama-care that only affects white people. Especially white women.

Funky.

Taxing vain & stupid white women is probably the best part of the whole plan.

ndpruitt03
7/1/2010, 08:57 AM
Taxing vain & stupid white women is probably the only good part of the plan.

FIFY

Harry Beanbag
7/1/2010, 09:01 AM
Unfair and unequal taxation for everyone, that's America.

King Crimson
7/1/2010, 09:06 AM
skin cancer tax. medical marijuana, next?

will come as no surprise to the readers, but there are so many MM distribution centers in Boulder....it's mindblowing. i've got a card, since one of my buddies is a quadriplegic.....i'm one his "aides". peeps with a lot of medicinal needs in town, let's say.

hilarious.

OklahomaTuba
7/1/2010, 09:15 AM
Was just in Vail, saw about 6 "wellness centers" in a town of 15,000.

It will be interesting to see how it all works out for them.

Stitch Face
7/1/2010, 11:34 AM
Excellent. I like my women to look like alabaster ice statues.

GottaHavePride
7/1/2010, 02:09 PM
I see no problem with taxing people who have a statistically MUCH higher chance of developing skin cancer later in life and needing expensive medical care for it.

Remember - that tax also hits *********gy frat boys. And George Hamilton.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/1/2010, 02:11 PM

Funky.

Well, it was white women that voted him in so they might as well enjoy his hope and change.

Leroy Lizard
7/1/2010, 02:17 PM
Taxing vain & stupid white women is probably the best part of the whole plan.

Are we taxing those women who go to the beach to tan?

No. This is just one more creative way for the government to extract money from its citizenry. Any excuse will do.

Stitch Face
7/1/2010, 02:31 PM
Hate to say it, but when it comes to the lesser of two evils I prefer sin taxes to across the board rate increases. At least then I can try to avoid it.

yermom
7/1/2010, 02:45 PM
as long as it's not one of my sins :D

Leroy Lizard
7/1/2010, 02:54 PM
Hate to say it, but when it comes to the lesser of two evils I prefer sin taxes to across the board rate increases. At least then I can try to avoid it.

Tanning is sinning?

Stitch Face
7/1/2010, 03:02 PM
According to dermatologists, yes. According to the government who proposes to ultimately ration your healthcare, yes.

Just like smoking and eating too much fat and using too much carbon, etc.

Leroy Lizard
7/1/2010, 03:08 PM
According to dermatologists, yes. According to the government who proposes to ultimately ration your healthcare, yes.

okay, but those who tan are doing nothing more than those that go to the beach or pool, at least tanning-wise.

So, they're only taxing it because they can. Fine. But at least they should quit the excuses. That's the part I hate.

GottaHavePride
7/1/2010, 03:12 PM
okay, but those who tan are doing nothing more than those that go to the beach or pool, at least tanning-wise.

So, they're only taxing it because they can. Fine. But at least they should quit the excuses. That's the part I hate.

Not everyone who goes to a beach is increasing their risk for an expensive medical condition, though. They make stuff called "sunscreen" that a lot of people use.

Leroy Lizard
7/1/2010, 03:29 PM
Not everyone who goes to a beach is increasing their risk for an expensive medical condition, though. They make stuff called "sunscreen" that a lot of people use.

Those that go to the beach still take on a tan. They just may not get burned. But then again, those that go to a tanning booth typically don't get burned either.

We should tax sunburns, I suppose. (Or, how about not imposing such silly taxes at all?)

KABOOKIE
7/1/2010, 03:32 PM
Somebody needs to pay for this **** and white people are good targets. Especially the guilty ones.

Okla-homey
7/1/2010, 03:34 PM
I Just wish they had taxed hair weaves along with tanning, so it would be felt approximately racially equally and stuff. And fake nails so the Asian wimmen would also feel some pain.

yermom
7/1/2010, 03:59 PM
now you are talking!

although, those aren't unhealthy, just dumb ;)

KABOOKIE
7/1/2010, 04:02 PM
Of course. And stupidity is a leading cause of people getting their asses all busted up in car wrecks and general accidents around the house.

Leroy Lizard
7/1/2010, 04:10 PM
Let's tax those too.

Serge Ibaka
7/1/2010, 04:16 PM
Let's tax those too.

Don't we already?

Harry Beanbag
7/1/2010, 08:17 PM
as long as it's not one of my sins :D

Exactly. Everyone is inconsistently hypocritical.