PDA

View Full Version : DROID

Sooner in Tampa
7/1/2010, 06:07 AM
OK...bit the bullet and bought a Droid last night.

It is crazy how cool this phone is...now...I help with the best apps that I need to be loading. I can google them, but, I want to hear from the masses...Please

TIA

Stitch Face
7/1/2010, 11:31 AM
If you get your friends' phone numbers you can enter them on the virtual keypad and then talk to them in realtime.

GottaHavePride
7/1/2010, 02:07 PM
Handcent is good - it's a better app for sending texts / picture messages / video messages. Lets you customize the interface a bit.

Astro File Manager - does what you think it does, because otherwise there's not really a good way to move around or delete files.

Haven't found a good vuvuzela app yet. ;)

Stitch Face
7/1/2010, 02:38 PM
Alarm - allows you to set various times of the day during which you can be notified to wake up or do certain things by a sonic signal. It's pretty sweet.

OKLA21FAN
7/1/2010, 02:51 PM
get the one with a compass in the stock, and this thing which tells time :pop:

KABOOKIE
7/1/2010, 03:10 PM
Search Google in the Market and select everything they have.

Also, Live Scores is a FREE easy app for NCAA, MLB, NBA etc scores.

Pandora Radio.

OU Adonis
7/1/2010, 03:47 PM
Shazam - App that will recognize just about any song and tell you the name of the song and also give you links to listen and download.

AggieTool
7/1/2010, 04:19 PM
Love my EVO, same OS.

btk108
7/1/2010, 04:41 PM
If you get your friends' phone numbers you can enter them on the virtual keypad and then talk to them in realtime.

heh...good un

btk108
7/1/2010, 04:41 PM
Alarm - allows you to set various times of the day during which you can be notified to wake up or do certain things by a sonic signal. It's pretty sweet.

Bazinga!

jiminy
7/1/2010, 05:28 PM
Dolphin HD is the best web browser I've tried

A Sooner in Texas
7/1/2010, 10:47 PM
Love my EVO, same OS.

Me too...I think it's faster than my computer at work.

A Sooner in Texas
7/1/2010, 10:49 PM
And we have great 4G service in my area, which just makes my Evo fly through everything.

jage
7/1/2010, 11:02 PM
Locale is one of the coolest I use. Lets you set your phone settings to automatically change based on your locations. So for example, I have some settings for home and default (ringtone on, wireless on, bluetooth on), one for work (ringtone off, vibrate on, wireless off, bluetooth off), another church, etc...

Math Alarm Clock. For people like me who somehow wake up and turn off the alarm without knowing it, this app is great. Forces you to do a math problem to turn the alarm off, and you can change the level of difficulty along with pretty much any setting under the sun.

WeatherBug Elite. Love the realtime weather updates in the top bar based on your location. Best weather app out there imo.

Cheerin' 4 OU
7/2/2010, 03:06 AM
Is now a bad time to tell you to take your Droid back and wait for the Droid X which is coming very soon?