PDA

View Full Version : FK You Bourbon Street

SicEmBaylor
6/30/2010, 10:00 PM
I went to New Orleans today. I stopped at this one place in the French Quarter to grab a bite to eat.

4.75 for a f'n Bud Light. 4.75? Are you kidding me? You can get 1.50 longnecks in Waco. Imports are only like 2.50 for a Big-O at George's on a Friday/Saturday night.

I ordered a ****ty *** hotdog that cost 6.50. Holy **** that place is a tourist trap rip-off. I don't remember it being that bad last time I was in New Orleans.

SteelCitySooner
6/30/2010, 10:08 PM
I haven't been there since after Katrina but heard it's kinda gone downhill. Although I do feel like I been there lately after watching TREME...which didn't live up to THE WIRE..

SoonerStormchaser
6/30/2010, 10:15 PM
Yah...the last time I posted my feelings about New Orleans, I got negged to Bolivia. Those feelings still stand...the town is a ****hole!

Leroy Lizard
6/30/2010, 10:32 PM
I have eaten at two restaurants on Bourbon Street and hated both.

SicEmBaylor
6/30/2010, 10:41 PM
Yah...the last time I posted my feelings about New Orleans, I got negged to Bolivia. Those feelings still stand...the town is a ****hole!

I like visiting New Orleans, but I like leaving New Orleans even more.

sooner59
6/30/2010, 11:12 PM
SicEm, you need to start a segment regularly describing what "grinds your gears". Heh.

SicEmBaylor
6/30/2010, 11:23 PM
SicEm, you need to start a segment regularly describing what "grinds your gears". Heh.

The SF server doesn't have that amount of space. The NSA doesn't have that sort of space.

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2010, 11:34 PM
I like how you despise NO prices by comparing them to Waco prices. Of course you can get $1.50 longnecks in Waco.

It's ****ing Waco.

SicEmBaylor
6/30/2010, 11:34 PM
I like how you despise NO prices by comparing them to Waco prices. Of course you can get $1.50 longnecks in Waco.

It's ****ing Waco.

Yep, it's truly a little slice of heaven right here on Earth. I miss it.

olevetonahill
6/30/2010, 11:35 PM
But did ya get a Ho?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/1/2010, 01:04 AM
Do ya suppose NOLA has changed any since I was last there in 1975? According to Sicem, prices may have gone up a bit.

SteelCitySooner
7/1/2010, 01:17 AM
Last time I was there was the sugar bowl against LSU.. Suffice to say, I got no reason to ever go back.

Collier11
7/1/2010, 01:25 AM
I have eaten at two restaurants on Bourbon Street and hated both.

I was there for the Sugar Bowl, had fun, ate some good food, caught my waiter in the bathroom doing coke, drank alot of alcohol, the cops were cool, the city was a dump, overall I enjoyed the trip but wasnt amazingly impressed with the city

yermom
7/1/2010, 01:28 AM
if you wander off the main touristy area a bit you can find cheaper beers

i haven't really been there since Katrina, but doleo was buying sub $1 tallboys

i was pleasantly surprised by Cafe du Monde's prices

SteelCitySooner
7/1/2010, 01:41 AM
if you wander off the main touristy area a bit you can find cheaper beers

i haven't really been there since Katrina, but doleo was buying sub $1 tallboys

i was pleasantly surprised by Cafe du Monde's prices

Cafe du Monde was always an oasis...

Sooner in Tampa
7/1/2010, 06:04 AM

It's ****ing Waco.
HEH...you beat me to it...

Did Sic em REALLY say Waco?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Beer should be FREE in Waco!

OUMallen
7/1/2010, 08:40 AM
I went to New Orleans today. I stopped at this one place in the French Quarter to grab a bite to eat.

4.75 for a f'n Bud Light. 4.75? Are you kidding me? You can get 1.50 longnecks in Waco. Imports are only like 2.50 for a Big-O at George's on a Friday/Saturday night.

I ordered a ****ty *** hotdog that cost 6.50. Holy **** that place is a tourist trap rip-off. I don't remember it being that bad last time I was in New Orleans.

Where were you?

NormanPride
7/1/2010, 08:47 AM
Pick the most touristy, safe, bright, shiny, expensive, and obvious tourist trap. That's where he was. I bet there were cheap beers a block away but SicEm's idea of exploring is watching the travel channel.

royalfan5
7/1/2010, 08:52 AM
Stuff cost more in a tourist trap? Next thing you'll tell me is that Tuba likes bitching about Obama.

King Crimson
7/1/2010, 08:55 AM
yeah, sic for a state's rights free marketeer....you are showing a profound lack of market context here.

you know why a Rolling Rock costs 7 bucks in NYC, because people pay it. same deal in NO. it's touristy bs anyway, except for the muffellettas.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/1/2010, 09:18 AM
FK you back Baptist Aggie!

OUMallen
7/1/2010, 09:18 AM
This thread makes me sad. I love NOLA, from the touristy self-parody of the Quarter to getting into the Garden District and looking at the mansions.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/1/2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I think I could find you some cheaper beers and some better food than a $6 hot dog, but I won't.

TUSooner
7/1/2010, 09:40 AM
Generally, I hate to hear of people having a bad time here, especially when they've done all the obvious things to ensure they will not enjoy the best things (such as they are) about this city. (Eating Lucky Dogs and other overpriced fare, drinking bad beer, and never leaving Bourbon St and the French Quarter come to mind as the prime errors.)
But when SicEm and Leroy Lizard (& a few other of my faves) say they had a ****ty time here, I say, "WELL DONE, NEW ORLEANS!!!" :D

royalfan5
7/1/2010, 09:45 AM
Generally, I hate to hear of people having a bad time here, especially when they've done all the obvious things to ensure they will not enjoy the best things (such as they are) about this city. (Eating Lucky Dogs and other overpriced fare, drinking bad beer, and never leaving Bourbon St and the French Quarter come to mind as the prime errors.)
But when SicEm and Leroy Lizard (& a few other of my faves) say they had a ****ty time here, I say, "WELL DONE, NEW ORLEANS!!!" :D

Btw, can you book nutria shooting tours when visiting New Orleans.?

TUSooner
7/1/2010, 09:49 AM
Btw, can you book nutria shooting tours when visiting New Orleans.?

Not sure, but I think there's still a decent bounty on pelts. :)

royalfan5
7/1/2010, 09:55 AM
Not sure, but I think there's still a decent bounty on pelts. :) One of my roommates had a summer job shooting them in Slidell one year. It sounded like a lot of fun.

49r
7/1/2010, 10:45 AM
If you can't enjoy New Orleans, high prices in tourist traps and all, I'm guessing you're doin' it wrong.

Just sayin'

soonerbrat
7/1/2010, 10:47 AM

yes, but you can't have that nice early morning smell of vomit in Waco.

49r
7/1/2010, 10:54 AM
I'm guessing you can't get girls in Waco to show their titties in exchange for some plastic beads, either.

But maybe they would if beers were $4.75 instead of $1.50

soonerboomer93
7/1/2010, 11:11 AM

if by heaven you mean **** hole, then you're right.

soonerbrat
7/1/2010, 11:37 AM
Last time I was there was the sugar bowl against LSU.. Suffice to say, I got no reason to ever go back.

that's the last time I was there too. all the LSU donks made it unbearable. they were the most obnoxious fans I have ever been around, and I've traveled to a LOT of away games.

Oldnslo
7/1/2010, 12:12 PM
I just got back from NOLA (had family business to handle, K, or I'd have looked you up).

I had a wonderful time. And the food was great. And my brother and I got hammered listening to some GREAT live music.

Who do I blame for Sic'em's misfortune?

Sic'em.

Stitch Face
7/1/2010, 12:30 PM
Why would anyone need to go to New Orleans for cuisine when we have Popeye's right here in Oklahoma?

Collier11
7/1/2010, 12:39 PM
Ahhh Popeyes, man that stuff is good but it runs right thru ya

Stitch Face
7/1/2010, 12:48 PM
I do like me some Popeye's.

And Copeland's, for that matter. (Owned by the same guy, supposedly.)

royalfan5
7/1/2010, 01:19 PM
I'm still kind of upset that Popeye's got rid of Delta Sauce.

GottaHavePride
7/1/2010, 02:24 PM
HEH...you beat me to it...

Did Sic em REALLY say Waco?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Beer should be FREE in Waco!

Beer should be outlawed in Waco. Everyone knows Baptists aren't allowed to drink. ;)

olevetonahill
7/1/2010, 02:31 PM
Beer should be outlawed in Waco. Everyone knows Baptists aren't allowed to drink. ;)

Naw bro they can drink on Sat. they just cant dance

SicEmBaylor
7/1/2010, 02:51 PM
Pick the most touristy, safe, bright, shiny, expensive, and obvious tourist trap. That's where he was. I bet there were cheap beers a block away but SicEm's idea of exploring is watching the travel channel.

This is actually so not true when it comes to me that it's not even funny.

I abhor touristy areas and try my damnedest to get off the beaten path. Admittedly, I didn't do that this time but I was in the French Quarter and ALL of the French Quarter is a tourist trap. Almost always has been.

I don't remember the name of the place I stopped at.

On the plus side, New Orleans didn't smell as bad as it has all the other times I've visited.

SicEmBaylor
7/1/2010, 02:53 PM

I never said I had a ****ty time, but once again you've done a smashing job of making over simplistic assumptions.

I like New Orleans.

Stitch Face
7/1/2010, 03:05 PM
You should talk to me. I make extremely complicated assumptions.

SicEmBaylor
7/1/2010, 03:13 PM
They did have some good looking cigar shops. I wasn't really in town for very long, just a few hours, so I didn't get to see as much as I wanted. Next trip down there though I'm hitting up the cigar shops.

It's only 3 hours away, so it's not really a big deal to go down there.

Zbird
7/1/2010, 05:20 PM

Nah. Waco should pay you $4.75 to drink a beer there. Why else would anyone want to go there?

King Crimson
7/1/2010, 06:17 PM
waco is a bull**** town where republicans pretend that "self-determination" is a romantic, true american awesome life.

7/1/2010, 06:34 PM
waco is a bull**** town where republicans pretend that "self-determination" is a romantic, true american awesome life.What do "your people" do in Waco?

HBick
7/1/2010, 07:15 PM
Well I have had a blast in NOLA, and have been three times in the the past 4 years. Yeah the French Quarter is expensive, what did you expect? And why did you order a hot dog? I eat bbq and seafood only when I'm there. I also really enjoy Rick's Cabaret, but that's more of a college thing I think.

Also, I'm a huge fan of hand grenades. They make any night fun

SicEmBaylor
7/1/2010, 07:21 PM
Well I have had a blast in NOLA, and have been three times in the the past 4 years. Yeah the French Quarter is expensive, what did you expect? And why did you order a hot dog? I eat bbq and seafood only when I'm there. I also really enjoy Rick's Cabaret, but that's more of a college thing I think.

I don't eat seafood, and I eat BBQ all the time. Why would I get BBQ in New Orleans?

HBick
7/1/2010, 07:28 PM
I don't eat seafood, and I eat BBQ all the time. Why would I get BBQ in New Orleans?

I don't really think New Orleans is the city for you then. And there is some damn good BBQ w/ a cup of Gumbo in the Treme and also in the French Quarter. I think the limited time really hurt you. My first time there I was not enjoying it until the 3rd day. And also Texas BBQ is completely different than NOLA bbq. You should give it a chance.

Also you should go at night and enjoy some of the live music. I was lucky enough to see Dr. John one night when I was there. Absolutely amazing.

olevetonahill
7/1/2010, 09:48 PM

Dont ya have to get those at a Gun show in LA?:D

HBick
7/1/2010, 10:30 PM
Dont ya have to get those at a Gun show in LA?:D

They are the most delightful alcoholic concoction I've ever had. 1 and I'm drunk, 2 and I'm blackout. Not that I encourage it, but on my trips to NOLA, I usually have one bad night because I think I can "handle myself." They are quite effective and I highly recommend them.

tommieharris91
7/1/2010, 10:35 PM
They are the most delightful alcoholic concoction I've ever had. 1 and I'm drunk, 2 and I'm blackout. Not that I encourage it, but on my trips to NOLA, I usually have one bad night because I think I can "handle myself." They are quite effective and I highly recommend them.

Whoosh. ;)

King Crimson
7/2/2010, 12:12 AM
What do "your people" do in Waco?

you know i meant RINO's. c'mon. don't be a hater.

7/2/2010, 12:32 AM
you know i meant RINO's. c'mon. Don't be a hater.

SicEmBaylor
7/2/2010, 02:21 AM
Waco is notoriously RINO. It has a long history of breeding moderate to liberal Republicans. That's changed a little the last few years, but Republicans are still the minority in any case. Waco as a whole is Democrat.

the_ouskull
7/2/2010, 10:42 AM

Being surrounded by Baptists doesn't make it a "slice of heaven on Earth." What makes you think those f*ckers are gettin' in?

the_ouskull

btk108
7/2/2010, 11:49 AM
some Hog fan offered me a Hand Grenade when I was floating the river at Tahlequah last month. What the heck is it?

HBick
7/2/2010, 12:27 PM
some Hog fan offered me a Hand Grenade when I was floating the river at Tahlequah last month. What the heck is it?

A hand grenade is a strong alcoholic cocktail drink. It was first made at the 1984 Louisiana World Exposition. It is sold at four locations in the French Quarter in New Orleans and through mail order and the Internet. The recipe, trademark, and licenses of the product are owned by 721 Bourborn, Inc. The "hand grenade" consists of 1½ ounces of rum, gin, vodka, grain alcohol, and melon liquor served over crushed ice and garnished with mint.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/HandGrenade.JPG/220px-HandGrenade.JPG

Replace grain alcohol with everclear and there you go.

Crucifax Autumn
7/2/2010, 05:20 PM
That's a bong grenade.

btk108
7/2/2010, 05:50 PM
That's a bong grenade.

The wifey just said that as I was readin yr post.

StoopTroup
7/2/2010, 07:02 PM
I'm guessing you can't get girls in Waco to show their titties in exchange for some plastic beads, either.

But maybe they would if beers were $4.75 instead of $1.50

What would he do with titties? :D

btk108
7/2/2010, 07:09 PM
be like the dog who caught the car....what the hell do I do now?

StoopTroup
7/2/2010, 07:10 PM
I was thinking she might actually grab him by the helmet cam and make him ride bitch on his moped.

StoopTroup
7/2/2010, 07:11 PM
I'm saving my vacation next year and I'm gonna go after that bin laden dude.

btk108
7/2/2010, 07:11 PM
I was thinking she might actually grab him by the helmet cam and make him ride bitch on his moped.

*LMAO*