PDA

View Full Version : I just realized...

SunnySooner
6/30/2010, 08:15 PM
between Mormon State, LoSuR, and eaTme, we're playing three different kinds of aggy this year. It's like we've decided to stand up for sheep's rights or something. Or maybe not. If we give them all the beatdowns I hope we do, that may be their only consolation.;) :D

yermom
6/30/2010, 08:40 PM
i'm sure it's no record

the Mildcats are aggies too

Salt City Sooner
6/30/2010, 11:00 PM
Are the 'noles aggies (as much as you can get in Florida, that is) ?

Frozen Sooner
6/30/2010, 11:19 PM
Don't we play Iowa State as well?

And a women's college is not an ag school.

Salt City Sooner
7/1/2010, 12:06 AM
Don't tell my aunt that. She can de-horn a bull with the best of 'em. :D

KantoSooner
7/1/2010, 08:59 AM
Plus the Pokes, we must be setting an aggie slappin' record.

rawlingsHOH
7/1/2010, 10:43 AM
Are the 'noles aggies (as much as you can get in Florida, that is) ?

inland florida is actually very agriculturally driven, especially the area known as the florida "heartland". but FSU is up in the panhandle. no they aren't Aggies, but Florida A&M is also in Tallahasse.

SunnySooner
7/1/2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah, ya know how LosuR is the cowboy/redneck school, and OU is the preppy/snobby school? In FL it's the reverse--FU is the hick school, Gainesville is out in the boondocks, and Free Shoes is the urban/city kids school in the state capitol, Tally.

And Iowa State and KSU are aggy? I did not know that, learn something new everyday. Are they just the aggy schools in their states, or were they called aggys at some point?

Anyway, that's a lot of sheep lovers in one season. Weird.

pweitkem
7/1/2010, 11:23 AM
I believe almost every land grant college was named A&M. OSU was land grant from OU. TA&M was land grant from UT. Iowa State from Iowa. Which is at the very heart of why they feel so inferior to the larger universities... land grant is just another way of saying, 'don't have land, let's take some of this other school's land and give it to you... there you go, now you're a university too.' and thus, the little stepbrother effect you get with most A&M schools.

prrriiide
7/1/2010, 10:11 PM
I believe almost every land grant college was named A&M. OSU was land grant from OU. TA&M was land grant from UT. Iowa State from Iowa. Which is at the very heart of why they feel so inferior to the larger universities... land grant is just another way of saying, 'don't have land, let's take some of this other school's land and give it to you... there you go, now you're a university too.' and thus, the little stepbrother effect you get with most A&M schools.

Well, that and the fact that they are lost in small-talk conversation without a dictionary and a thesaurus.