PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 Players per conference

IronHorseSooner
6/30/2010, 02:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/tag/_/name/top-25-players-2010

As you can see, they are at #5, and we already have The Stache, DM, Beal, and Broyles there (BTW, more than any other team, so far). I am curious as to who the top 4 would be. My guess is some combo of Jerrod Johnson & Von Miller from A&M, Travis Lewis, and Aaron Williams from *. If that is the case, I wonder why QC isn't on that list. He's the best returning safety in a pass-happy conference.

Eielson
6/30/2010, 02:59 PM
Miller is #4. Aaron Williams was #7. I'd almost guarantee Travis Lewis is in the top 3, and I agree that Carter probably should've made that list. It's not necessarily a complete outrage, though.

BoulderSooner79
6/30/2010, 05:48 PM
From the Von Miller case:

Only 1.5 of his 17 sacks came in the final four games of the season, and he was held to just one tackle and no sacks against Oklahoma, which is somewhat troublesome,

I really didn't find this troublesome.

IronHorseSooner
6/30/2010, 07:17 PM
I overlooked Williams. Come to think of it, I would put Henery from NU on there. He's a standout at both punter and kicker.

oudavid1
7/1/2010, 12:30 AM
Williams best moment was knocking out Sammy B, next year he wont be there to knock out so i dont how they win

Chiliman
7/1/2010, 08:55 AM
If they rank T Lewis above Beal, the list has no credibility IMO.

IronHorseSooner
7/1/2010, 10:25 AM

I would guarantee they do. On most pre-season AA lists, Lewis is a first-teamer, and Beal is only on some of them. He will likely be the preseason Big XII Defensive PoY. I bet that Jerrod Johnson is the same for offense, even though you could make a VERY strong case for Broyles. I am still unsure who the other in the top 3 would be. Again, you could make a quite strong case for Henery from Nebbish.

badger
7/1/2010, 11:11 AM
Travis is #3. I wonder who the top 2 will be?

I know A&M loves their QB and he's not on the list, but not sure he deserves that recognition.Kansas State doesn't have anyone on the list... hmmm

freshchris05
7/1/2010, 11:42 AM
Tired of waitin for futbol americano

Salt City Sooner
7/1/2010, 12:23 PM
Travis is #3. I wonder who the top 2 will be?

I know A&M loves their QB and he's not on the list, but not sure he deserves that recognition.Kansas State doesn't have anyone on the list... hmmm
I'm betting Daniel Thomas is in the top 2. It's a pretty overlooked fact by most, but he led the league in rushing last year.

Eielson
7/1/2010, 02:05 PM

I'd probably agree with Beal over Lewis, but Lewis already has over 250 tackles and he hasn't even started his junior year, so I don't think that takes all the credibility away from this list.

However, Murray over Beal is a bit ridiculous at this point.

85sooners
7/1/2010, 02:15 PM
:pop:

freshchris05
7/1/2010, 03:34 PM
I really hope Murray comes out and has a monster year. I feel like I've been saying that every year since '01. What is he a 10th year senior now? It'll be weird when he's gone.

Boomer.....
7/1/2010, 04:04 PM
I see him doing big things this year.

Of course I said that last year also.

IronHorseSooner
7/1/2010, 09:52 PM
I'm betting Daniel Thomas is in the top 2. It's a pretty overlooked fact by most, but he led the league in rushing last year.

Enough that I even forgot about him. I couldn't even remember his name. All that I could remember about him was his jump-pass 2pt. conversion. I wonder if he remembered his power-towel?

JLEW1818
7/1/2010, 10:07 PM
so who will be 1 and 2?

Salt City Sooner
7/1/2010, 11:00 PM
IMO, it'll be:

1. Johnson
2. Thomas

Salt City Sooner
7/1/2010, 11:08 PM
Enough that I even forgot about him. I couldn't even remember his name. All that I could remember about him was his jump-pass 2pt. conversion. I wonder if he remembered his power-towel?
He also threw a 40+ yard bomb to Banks out of the Wildcat. IMO, we got off lucky that night in that KSU only ran him 15 times. He gashed our D a LOT, especially out of said Wildcat. I'd be more than willing to bet that if you asked Snyder, he'd have done things a bit differently.

JLEW1818
7/2/2010, 11:40 PM
No. 2: Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State

oudavid1
7/3/2010, 01:56 AM
Jerrod Johnson for sure! He is an elite player and will break out this year.

JLEW1818
7/4/2010, 09:52 AM
tx aggies = 2009 pokes

TXBOOMER
7/4/2010, 10:24 AM
Broyles is our best player on offense. Lewis is our best player on defense. I'm not sure I would trade either one of them for anyone else on the list.

IronHorseSooner
7/4/2010, 10:34 AM
What is funny is that by the end of the year, I bet we put about four more guys on that list (QC, J-Mac, Ronnell Lewis, Nelson). Again, I can't figure out why QC wasn't on that list, and Gideon was. QC's had a better career, is one of the most feared hitters around, and I believe (I might be wrong) he has more career picks. But, I guess that had to have their * quota on that list.

TXBOOMER
7/4/2010, 12:34 PM
What is funny is that by the end of the year, I bet we put about four more guys on that list (QC, J-Mac, Ronnell Lewis, Nelson). Again, I can't figure out why QC wasn't on that list, and Gideon was. QC's had a better career, is one of the most feared hitters around, and I believe (I might be wrong) he has more career picks. But, I guess that had to have their * quota on that list.

Your signature is kinda funny when you think about Wort being the biggest hitting LB on our team. I agree about QC but the writer is just trying to spread the recognition.

Leroyt
7/4/2010, 01:31 PM
Johnson may have another year under his belt, and though he does seem to have the talent, I don't think it will come together for him this year. The already mediocre o-line may be starting 3 frosh, and johnson has already shown a willingness to toss a few off his back foot up for grabs when it gets tight at the end.