PDA

View Full Version : Official NBA Free Agency

Pages : [1] 2

JLEW1818
6/27/2010, 10:11 PM
okay, cool u think the NBA is gay? okay don't post here, go swim or ride a bike.

anyways so many rumors going on. Thursday is the day players and teams can actually negotiate and talk.

Let me be the first to say.. .and I'm sure many have said.

Lebron is not going to stay in Cleveland.... (even tho some of u dumbass people think they were going to win the title the last 2 seasons.... "derrrr just 1 more piece lebron needs.... oh ****??? he gots shaq????? ball game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cavs win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...... yah we saw how dumb many actually are.

anyway

Lebron and Bosh both leave their previous teams... do they come together? No.

Bosh goes to Miami.... oh and let me be the first to say that his guy is not a legit player. he will be a huge bust. He has Jermaine O'Neil written all over him.... save to the hard drive, and remember this.

Lebron is Lebron... deep down i still feel the NY Knicks... but Chicago is looking good.

The Knicks are the big losers here, if no Lebron... They end up overpaying for Joe Johnson, a guy who will never win a ring, as the best player on his team. And prlly a Carloz Boozer.

As for Amare.... the dude was suppose to be traded the last 3 years... if he stays in Arizona, I'm not surprised.

go suck on these stats and predictions for a while .

Eielson
6/27/2010, 10:49 PM
I'd say Lebron staying in Cleveland is as likely as anything. He's much too selfish to ever go to a place where he would have to live in Jordan's shadow. He won't play alongside Wade, and so Miami is an unlikely destination. I'm not saying that Wade would stay in Miami, but if the situation were one where Wade wouldn't want to be there, why would Lebron? In the end, I think it's New York or Cleveland, and I'm leaning towards Cleveland.

I'll just throw out some more predictions just for fun, although it would only take one or two things to throw everything off. Wade stays in Miami, and is joined by Bosh. Stoudemire and Johnson rejoin D'Antoni and New York becomes one of the top teams in the East.

Go suck on that?

ouleaf
6/28/2010, 10:49 AM
If the Knicks could somehow work out getting LeBron and Amare, then I really think you've got something there. I think Amare brings a lot more to the table than Bosh.

I don't really see him playing with Wade. I don't see him playing with Joe Johnson. I don't see him going to New Jersey. I unfortunately don't see him coming to Dallas :(

While I think Chicago would bring a lot to the table for James (cap room to sign another superstar, Derrick Rose already being there, big sports market) it all depends if he would want to be under the all encompassing Jordan shadow that is Chicago.

So I'd have to agree at this point it's either New York or Cleveland. I think Cleveland is on the inside track. They can offer him the most money. I think he likes playing where he grew up. While the team needs some restructuring, they still have some pieces in place that they can work with.

Scott D
6/28/2010, 02:22 PM
Lebron to Houston and jlew talks about him like he's the GOAT. :)

ouleaf
6/28/2010, 08:54 PM
Rumors circulating that the Mavs are in negotiations for a sign and trade for Joe Johnson. Not sure what the trade would entail....not sure that i really like it. Johnson is a good player, but i don't think it makes the Mavs instantly better than the Lakers. Almost seems better to stay relatively put and not go on a big spending spree. See what you can get with a player and Dampier's expiring contract.

If I'm Cuban my number one priority is getting Dirk squared away and then getting Heywood locked up....then work out any sign and trade scenarios.

JLEW1818
6/28/2010, 09:17 PM
any new updates/rumors?

Scott D
6/28/2010, 09:25 PM
Dirk and Lebron to Houston in a sign and trade for the whole Rockets roster ;)

JLEW1818
6/28/2010, 09:36 PM
Steven A. Smith claims that Bosh and James will head to Miami to join Wade....

i hate that guy. can't see that happening... he said he is confident in his "source"

ha

the_ouskull
6/28/2010, 10:37 PM
The Knicks are considering Amare and Joe Johnson, which would also be a D'Antoni reunion for them, not to mention making it a lot easier to take on a mid-level exception contract for a point guard that can actually run the 7SOL offense.

LeBron will go wherever. I'm not even going to care unless I start hearing about Houston being a suitor, 'cause nobody else in the division is either. (Nice try Cuban... now go and over-pay Shaq just like everybody knows that you're going to do 'cause you're an idiot when it comes to signing big men.)

Wade's staying put unless he gets a Godfather offer from someplace where he can still live like he does in Miami.

Bosh is an All-Star, and will be in Toronto, or wherever he goes. I question his long-term committment if anything, but he's an All-Star talent now, and will remain one for the immediate future. The good news is, I don't have to back this up, 'cause jlew picked the opposite. Thanks, Corso!

My dream scenario...?

- Bosh to L.A. for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum. This gets some of the Kardashian Klan out of the country, which is never a negative, even if it's Kim. (Sorry, Kim, but your hot is finally outweighed by the rest of your family's existance...)
- Wade to Houston. David Lee to Houston. 2011 to Houston. :D
- LeBron stays put. (Anybody can kiss your *ss, but when family and friends from "home" do it, it's even more flattering...)
- Dirk stays put.
- Johnson and Amare to NYK. They're good, not great, but they're going to get paid like they're great, and they'll jump at the first team to do it. If the Knicks somehow keep David Lee, they'll be a really good team, really quickly, but they're still a "lose-in-the-first-round" team.
- Ray Allen to OKC. KG to early retirement.
- I've been babbling for a while now. Stop reading.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
6/29/2010, 01:47 AM
Oh, and as far as other moves go, if you want to see the Thunder improve rapidly, quickly, sign Amir Johnson and either J.J. Redick or Mike Miller. Then we've got more assets freed up for an impact trade, too. Westbrook, Maynor, Cook, Harden, Sefolosha, Durant, Green, Collison, Ibaka, Krstic, Aldrich, and filler. Decent team. Playoff team. With Amir Johnson and Mike Miller, our only hole is height, 'cause even rebounding is covered. But, sadly, interior defense is a crappy weakness to have - especially in the West.

the_ouskull

Eielson
6/29/2010, 06:51 AM
Who else thinks this free agency will turn out like CFB expansion this off-season; over-hyped and not nearly as eventful as the media has made it sound?

badger
6/29/2010, 08:41 AM
I played around with that little ESPN lottery for who goes where.

Basically, half the time Lee from the Knicks ends up with the Thunder, every time Dirk ends up with the Mavs, but after trying several times, Bron never ends up on the same team. Bulls, Heat, Nets, Cavs...

the_ouskull
6/29/2010, 10:22 AM
My thoughts on free agency as of today - Tuesday - as I'll be in a job interview on July 1st.

-----

The Cream...

- LeBron to the Clippers if he leaves Cleveland... or Miami, if Bosh goes and Wade resigns.

- Dirk. Re-signs.

- Bosh to Miami, if LeBron and Wade go. To Houston in a sign-and-trade otherwise. (Look for Houston to give up Ariza, along with Lowry and Scola in the dreaded double-sign-and-trade, and maybe even Budinger.)

- Wade stays in Miami. Chicago may make a big push for him if Miami doesn't make any significant moves, though. (My dream: Boozer for Michael Beasley. How great would that idiot be in Utah? That's v-Blog gold right there, folks...)

The not-as-good-as-the-cream-but-still-a-good-pick-up...

- Boozer. Miami as a consolation prize. NYK if he's bought and paid-for outright. Maybe even the Nets. (Seriously...)

- Joe Johnson. NYK, or Chicago. Atl may pretend to want to re-sign him, but he's not the winner they need there. Ideally, sign-and-trade for a point guard, and then move Bibby to a team that desperately needs a point guard.

- Amare. NYK or re-sign in Phoenix, which, to me, would show their continued committment to entertaining losing. As with Johnson, signing in NYC would re-unite him with Mike D, and the 7SOL offense that they are both built to play in thanks to their unwaving dedication to purely offensive basketball.

- David Lee. Houston, or, even though I haven't heard a lot of about (that's kinda Presti's style...) OKC. Houston would be love for me, but OKC would be great for Lee and OKC, and OKC can afford him in a way that Houston can't. Financially. (Jerks... thanks for years of nothing, T-Mac, how's the legs, Yao...?)

- Gay. Memphis has said that they'll match any offer.. but if they sign-and-trade him, I know that Minnesota wants him. Heck, a lot of teams WANT him, but Minnesota is stupid enough to actually over-pay, where as most teams would just short their offer up front. (Jefferson or Love...)

- Ray Allen. Whoever lands one of the stud free agents will try to sign Allen for the midlevel. If they offer more years (at the midlevel) than Boston does, he'll go. Otherwise, he's a Celtic 'til the end.. of his contract.

- Tyson Chandler. His dream situation would be Phoenix, and, if the lose Amare, getting the anti-Amare in return wouldn't hurt. Phoenix's trainers would be testing their limits, but they healed Grant Hill. I'm pretty sure the Last Scion (Zion?) works in their training room.

- Brendan Haywood: Re-signs. He's a Cuban big man now. He's on lock.

- John Salmons. For a team that's all sad in the pants after losing out on Joe Johnson, you can dry your idiot tears with this guy. He won't be a max guy, ever, but he'll max out his effort and put a heck of a baller/scorer on the court for you. If the Bucks don't re-sign him, it's 'cause he wouldn't re-sign, meaning he's looking for a more structured offense... (PHOENIX!)

- Mike Miller. He's not JUST a goofy-looking white motherf*cker on par with Woody from WMCJ. He can also shoot lights-out, and rebound well for his position. He's not a great individual defender, but OKC plays a lot of team defense, and he is exactly what we need from his position in every other way - plus Durant and he can switch defensively with Durant guarding 2's and Miller guarding 3's. Plus, he's not so cocky that he wouldn't try to sign for much more than the midlevel, especially with a contender in the vein of OKC.

Scraps...

- Shaq to the Mavs in a move that Cuban's going to use to try to sell Dirk on staying. Dirk will stay 'cause he's a Mav, not 'cause of the move, and Cuban will go on thinking he's a genius for the way he signs big men, while Erick Dampier collects 12 million this season for backing-up a guy in Shaq that should already be a backup's-backup. You follow all that?

- Farmar to the Pacers, who desperately need a point guard who's not scared to get Roy Hibbert the ball.

- Redick. OKC would be great for him. Most likely, he'll re-sign, unless a team like Utah (heh) overpays him, or a team that signs a major free agent says, "So, our Franchise needs a spot-up shooter and he asked for you."

- Ben Wallace. Unless Cuban can sign him to a max deal, he's a Piston.

- Miami's crop o' agents not named D-Wade: If Wade stays, they'll try to re-sign a lot of them to smaller deals. Haslem will stay regardless. (Unless a team vastly over-pays him.. No Cuban, he's a 4, not a 5.) O=Neal and Richardson, especially, won't be making nearly the same salary... unless they are making it in another city.

- Michael Redd. He'll either be another "we missed out on Johnson" consolation prize, or he'll get pushed hard by whoever signs one of the available studs as a corner killer. I think his best years are past him. He was never really athletic, and, after an injury, at his age, what you did have goes quickly. The Bucks ought to re-sign him, but they probably won't. Youth movement and all.

- T-Mac: "I still got it, guys. Come to NYK and find out. Hey, NYK, I still got it. Sign me to the midlevel and I'll prove it." If he plays more than 20 games before his leg falls off, maybe he'll get a chance to prove it.

- Channing Frye. Phoenix will re-sign him because Phoenix is dumb.

- Kyle Korver. If he signs with one of the big-name free agents, or with a team like OKC looking for solid outside shooting, and not a lot else (sad...) then the ladies of Utah are going to be crushed.

- Amir Johnson. I hope nobody else notices this guy and Houston gets him on the cheap. Otherwise, he'd be killer in OKC.

- Josh Howard. "I was gonna get fat paid, but then I got high..."

-----

the_ouskull

badger
6/29/2010, 11:17 AM
So...um... any chance Shaq can keep making $1.8 million per month to fund his lifestyle?

After Shaq and his wife filed for divorce, he was forced to cough up a list of his monthly expenses to the court. Although the NBA star reportedly earns a ridiculous $1.8 million a month, he spends half that amount on expenses. Monthly vacations $110,505, gifts $60,417, clothes/laundry $23,950, child care $46,500, gas $24,300, food $12,775 and mortgage on three houses $468,245. According to that rundown we conclude his children must be taken care of by royalty, he regularly fuels up a jet and he eats about twelve gourmet meals a day.

I know the big guy does a lot of charity work, but something tells me he's going to be one of those notorious cases of pro athletes who are broke after retirement... or if he has to take a pay cut this season, before retirement.

the_ouskull
6/29/2010, 01:36 PM
I think that, with all of his other endeavors, he's fairly well taken care of. If he's smart, he'll cut off all of the b.s. now, or he's already invested his career earnings, and he's living off of interest and checking.

the_ouskull

Scott D
6/29/2010, 02:20 PM
papers out here (on vacation in NJ now) think that the Nets are likely to make the strongest pushes for David Lee and Rudy Gay.

the_ouskull
6/29/2010, 05:34 PM
Dirk is going to opt out. I still think he'll sign in Dallas, though.

the_ouskull

badger
6/29/2010, 05:46 PM
Dirk is going to opt out. I still think he'll sign in Dallas, though.

the_ouskull

Dirk: Geld... oder mehr Geld? MEHR GELD! MEHR GELD!

For the frauleins out there who don't know a word of Gerrrrrmahhhn, here's a translation: Dirk either makes about $21 mil on what's left on his contract, or opts out for a deal close to $96 mil over four years.

So... geld, or mehr geld? He chooses mehr (more) geld (money), of course :D

the_ouskull
6/29/2010, 07:29 PM
The really crazy thing, is I could see Dallas pulling off quite the doozy to get/keep Dirk happy.

- Erick Dampier's expiring contract and DeShaun Stevenson FOR
- Al Jefferson

This gives Minnesota a low-post rebounder and rim protector (that sucks) and another wing player. It also frees up space for Kevin Love to work offensively down low - a much better passer than Jefferson. It also gives them a $13 million expiring contract to work with.

Dallas gets a guaranteed 20/10 guy, if he stays healthy.

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
6/29/2010, 07:35 PM
i think lebrick will make his decision Sunday afternoon.

ouleaf
6/30/2010, 09:08 AM
The really crazy thing, is I could see Dallas pulling off quite the doozy to get/keep Dirk happy.

- Erick Dampier's expiring contract and DeShaun Stevenson FOR
- Al Jefferson

This gives Minnesota a low-post rebounder and rim protector (that sucks) and another wing player. It also frees up space for Kevin Love to work offensively down low - a much better passer than Jefferson. It also gives them a $13 million expiring contract to work with.

Dallas gets a guaranteed 20/10 guy, if he stays healthy.

the_ouskull

A lot of the Dallas Sports reports/radio talk guys, have brought this up a bunch too.

I think Donnie flew out to Germany today to finalize Dirk's deal. Probably looking at a 4 year deal....not sure if they will maybe back end load it to help free up some space the next couple years or what.

If we could get Jefferson in here, re-sign Haywood, and get rid of the completely useless Dampier once and for all, I think it would make a lot of Mavs fans happy.

Not sure how Haywood would react to them bringing in Jefferson. Rumors have been passing that Haywood wants out of Dallas after splitting time/not starting even when it was clear that he was the better player. I could definitely see contract negotiations with Haywood being tough. He isn't young anymore and will be 32 right after the season starts. So he probably only has 2 or 3 quality years left. I'm worried that he will be one of those guys demanding a ridiculous 5 or 6 year deal.

If that deal you proposed is on the table though, I definitely pull the trigger. Dampier is useless. Stevenson is overpaid for how little he played with us, so he's definitely expendable.

the_ouskull
6/30/2010, 09:39 AM
Exactly. Stevenson is expendable in Dallas. In Minnesota, he'd be a rotation player. And, since his contract is only 4 million and change for 10/11, and then he's done, they're basically trading Jefferson for 17 million in cap relief, which, next season, would allow them to make a run at another really good free agent class around the same time they're hoping (we'll see) to bring in Ricky Rubio.

Erica Dampier, Kevin Love, Corey Brewer, Martell Webster, and Ramon Sessions on the court with Jonny Flynn, Wes Johnson, and Stevenson coming off of the bench. That's a pretty athletic team, but Love may be the best passer on it, and there's no depth, especially in the front court, and very little consistant scoring. But, given what they've got now, it's a start, and, like I said, it'd allow them to sign a max player next summer. Minnesota ought to do the deal. Maybe Dallas throws in a first-rounder to make it look better than it is, too. I mean, it's not like Dallas' first-rounders are ever worth much. That's why they're in the mess they're in. That and Cuban over-paying anybody he has to stand in a chair to greet properly.

the_ouskull

badger
6/30/2010, 10:32 AM
Free agency starts tomorrow, right?

These blue chip recruits should do what the big college football signees do - like up a bunch of hats, and then put on the hat of the team they're gonna play for.

...that will probably not happen, but since Bron Bron missed out on putting on a media show like that, now he'd have his chance.

ouleaf
6/30/2010, 12:31 PM
Exactly. Stevenson is expendable in Dallas. In Minnesota, he'd be a rotation player. And, since his contract is only 4 million and change for 10/11, and then he's done, they're basically trading Jefferson for 17 million in cap relief, which, next season, would allow them to make a run at another really good free agent class around the same time they're hoping (we'll see) to bring in Ricky Rubio.

Erica Dampier, Kevin Love, Corey Brewer, Martell Webster, and Ramon Sessions on the court with Jonny Flynn, Wes Johnson, and Stevenson coming off of the bench. That's a pretty athletic team, but Love may be the best passer on it, and there's no depth, especially in the front court, and very little consistant scoring. But, given what they've got now, it's a start, and, like I said, it'd allow them to sign a max player next summer. Minnesota ought to do the deal. Maybe Dallas throws in a first-rounder to make it look better than it is, too. I mean, it's not like Dallas' first-rounders are ever worth much. That's why they're in the mess they're in. That and Cuban over-paying anybody he has to stand in a chair to greet properly.

the_ouskull

If they could add a J.J. Barea to the package, instead of giving up a draft pick I'd much rather do that. While J.J. is a crowd favorite and plays the Mighty Mouse role well, his departure would free up more room for Roddy B. Mavs fans are very excited about seeing an increased role for him next year. Only problem is J.J. isn't a player most teams are scrambling to get even in a reserve role.

tommieharris91
6/30/2010, 06:59 PM
LeBron and Wade to the Big XII. Bosh and Johnson to the SEC. Big 10 gets Pierce, Nowitski, and trades Northwestern and Minnesota to the Lakers for Kobe.

Yea, I have as much of a clue as everyone else.

JLEW1818
6/30/2010, 08:33 PM
11:01 PM Central time. the phones light up

Sooner04
6/30/2010, 09:22 PM
Always beware of a guy who puts up big stats on a lousy team.

Yes, I'm talking about you, Chris Bosh.

JLEW1818
6/30/2010, 09:25 PM
aka Jermaine O'Neil ?

or will he be a Pau Gasol (legit)

Bill Simmons is tweeting that Lebron and Bosh will sign max contracts, and they have already decided.

Sooner04
6/30/2010, 09:43 PM
aka Jermaine O'Neil ?

or will he be a Pau Gasol (legit)

Bill Simmons is tweeting that Lebron and Bosh will sign max contracts, and they have already decided.
I find Bosh signing a max contract to be pure folly. Seven seasons in the league, three postseason victories.

Not series victories. No, just victories. GTFOH with that!

Collier11
7/1/2010, 01:36 AM
Word is that Lebron wants to be signed by July 5th

Collier11
7/1/2010, 01:39 AM
Also hearing that Pierce and Dirk will resign with their teams.

I think Lebron is either Cleveland or Chicago

Those saying that Bosh, Wade, and Lebron can work, I highly doubt it. They did a deal on ESPN tonight and to make it work the Heat would have to trade Beasley and then sign 9 guys to the league minimum.

TUSooner
7/1/2010, 07:37 AM
Since soccer haters feel free to go on every soccer thread to say how and why they don't like that sport, for one time only I'm going to pop in here and say I don't give a rat's @ss about the NBA or LeBron or any of this freeagency horse ****. And I think any one who does care is wasting their time and, indirectly, mine. When I heard Bosh on Mike & Mike (minus 1 Mike) all morning the other day, I wanted to go to the studio and kick M. Greengerg right where his balls would be if he had any. They should have gone off the air rather than waste a whole show on that crap, and I feel the same everytime I hear anything about this rancid subject. The NBA chews dirty skivvies and so does this thread!!! So THERE!

I mean that in the nicest possible way. :)

Eielson
7/1/2010, 10:39 AM
Since soccer haters feel free to go on every soccer thread to say how and why they don't like that sport, for one time only I'm going to pop in here and say I don't give a rat's @ss about the NBA or LeBron or any of this freeagency horse ****. And I think any one who does care is wasting their time and, indirectly, mine. When I heard Bosh on Mike & Mike (minus 1 Mike) all morning the other day, I wanted to go to the studio and kick M. Greengerg right where his balls would be if he had any. They should have gone off the air rather than waste a whole show on that crap, and I feel the same everytime I hear anything about this rancid subject. The NBA chews dirty skivvies and so does this thread!!! So THERE!

I don't think the people in this thread were your problem, so I really don't understand what you're trying to do here. Prove that you're just as bad as the people that upset you?

Sooner04
7/1/2010, 10:41 AM
I think Eielson missed the point.

the_ouskull
7/1/2010, 10:44 AM

Is this where we come in acting shocked?

leaf: Moving Barea would be great for Dallas, but with Flynn, Sessions, and Rubio (potentially) in Minnesota, I don't think that they'd be interested in taking him back, and I don't think that they want to get other teams involved in a 3-way. It's too easy to catch something...

the_ouskull

badger
7/1/2010, 12:52 PM
The NBA chews dirty skivvies and so does this thread!!! So THERE!

I hear you, man. It's like the WNBA compared to college womens basketball. There just isn't that connection, because they're no longer playing for your alma mater, and they're getting paid. In the case of NBA Free Agency hype hype hyyyyyyyyyyypeeeee, they're getting paid a lot.

I don't think the people in this thread were your problem, so I really don't understand what you're trying to do here. Prove that you're just as bad as the people that upset you?
Awww, it's not a big deal. People were off saying soccer sucks because it's boring in the other thread and now he let a little rant slip by here. No worries :D

Always beware of a guy who puts up big stats on a lousy team.

Yes, I'm talking about you, Chris Bosh.
It is amazing how much they're paying these guys who do even less than Bosh will/has/etc. in the league, so if he ends up being an overpaid veteran bench warmer, he'll have company.

Aaaaaand... who will be the first big free agent to go? I bet it'll be Dirk, back to his Mavs. Any other takers?

Eielson
7/1/2010, 01:57 PM

Can somebody fill me in?

badger
7/1/2010, 02:03 PM
Can somebody fill me in?

In jest, just for fun... like the Oklahoma City RedHawks offer for Bron Bron to go play minor league baseball.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=226&articleid=20100701_226_B6_OLHMIY753150&archive=yes)

Lighten up :D

TUSooner
7/1/2010, 03:15 PM
In jest, just for fun... like the Oklahoma City RedHawks offer for Bron Bron to go play minor league baseball.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=226&articleid=20100701_226_B6_OLHMIY753150&archive=yes)

Lighten up :D

Tickets to the all-you-can-eat section of the park could be the clincher. It'd work for me.

Collier11
7/1/2010, 04:58 PM
The most important decision has been made already, atleast if you are Kobe. Phil decided to return next year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5346690

Collier11
7/1/2010, 04:59 PM
Joe Johnson not signed yet but likely to stay with the Hawks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5344459

JLEW1818
7/1/2010, 06:13 PM
yep, I like the Lakers to repeat. Phil gets his 4th set of 3peats .

Skull, Bosh has met with Houston!!!! worth a try. ship yao's *** back to China !!! ;)

Eielson
7/1/2010, 10:26 PM
The most important decision has been made already, atleast if you are Kobe. Phil decided to return next year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5346690

No need to watch basketball next season!

tommieharris91
7/1/2010, 10:51 PM
LOL T-Wolves sign Darko Milicic to 4yr/$20M.

Eielson
7/1/2010, 10:54 PM

That is why the Wolves still suck.

the_ouskull
7/2/2010, 10:39 AM
That is why the Wolves still suck.

If you don't have faith in this man:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ku7kpaw8h81qaucglo1_400.jpg

..then screw you, hippie!

the_ouskull

badger
7/2/2010, 11:09 AM

Not to be outdone by Minny-ha-ha, Milwaukee signed Drew Gooden to a 5 year/$32 million deal. :rolleyes:

ouleaf
7/2/2010, 12:25 PM
Not to be outdone by Minny-ha-ha, Milwaukee signed Drew Gooden to a 5 year/$32 million deal. :rolleyes:

Gooden is a pretty under-rated guy IMO. I was sad to see him leave the Mavs this year. He played well for us, but then again anybody is better than Dampier.

He is definitely a serviceable big man. He'll get you rebounds, play some defense, and can get you 3 or 4 buckets and a few trips to the line per night. He's good size for a PF, but a bit undersized when squaring up against the big Centers out there.

$6 or so million a year isn't a bad price either, but I doubt he'll be there for the entire 5 years. That guy is a true Journey Man.

Collier11
7/2/2010, 02:16 PM
Amare about to sign with NY and reunite with D'antoni

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnO8k2.banIRnDvJSZHdE2Y5nYcB?slug=ys-stoudemireknicks070210

Collier11
7/2/2010, 02:18 PM

Gooden is a pretty under-rated guy IMO. I was sad to see him leave the Mavs this year. He played well for us, but then again anybody is better than Dampier.

He is definitely a serviceable big man. He'll get you rebounds, play some defense, and can get you 3 or 4 buckets and a few trips to the line per night. He's good size for a PF, but a bit undersized when squaring up against the big Centers out there.

$6 or so million a year isn't a bad price either, but I doubt he'll be there for the entire 5 years. That guy is a true Journey Man.

Drew is a 11 and 8 guy for his career, while not spectacular it is respectable. On the surface it doesnt scream $32 mil but this is pro sports these days.

Darko is a whole other story, that guy is a 5.6 and 4.1 guy for his career and his best season, last season...he avg 8.3 and 5.5. in 24 games with Minn. We will see if he keeps getting better but I wouldnt have paid $5 mil a year for him

Collier11
7/2/2010, 02:19 PM
Here is a full FA tracker on Yahoo if you want to keep up throughout the weeks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ak0O0GNI7mAZ8R1fCO.x2aG8vLYF?slug=ys-nbafreeagenttracker2010

Scott D
7/2/2010, 03:31 PM
actually, Atlanta's stupidity makes even the Darko deal look like one hell of a bargain.

Max salary for a secondary scorer who holds onto the ball way too much and gets to the line way too little for someone who has possession of the ball is nothing but laughable at best.

Collier11
7/3/2010, 01:16 PM
Paul Pierce stays with the Celts as expected

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Av_voL34qM31KXW73hyqnAw5nYcB?slug=ap-celtics-pierce

the_ouskull
7/3/2010, 02:40 PM
Skull, Bosh has met with Houston!!!! worth a try. ship yao's *** back to China !!! ;)

Unless we can get multiple picks and a max-player for Yao, there's no way that's worth it, or even viable.

As for Bosh, Toronto is going to find a way to f*ck this up for us. They're going to wind up just letting him go, rather than sign-and-trading him. That takes teams out of the running unless they have the cap space to sign him to a max deal. Something that, with Yao on the roster, we can't do. He d*cked around too much and tweeted too much, and now Toronto is like, "Sure, it'll hurt us too, but f*ck that guy." And I kinda don't blame 'em.

the_ouskull

Collier11
7/3/2010, 02:42 PM
Bosh is good, really good. Honestly though, do any of you (Jlew, Skull, anyone else) really think that he can make a team a winner without another really good player with him?

Do you think he could be the final piece for a team like Portland or Houston? I dont see him having that kind of impact honestly. I think he needs another superstar to play with honestly

Sooner04
7/3/2010, 04:36 PM
Bosh is good, really good. Honestly though, do any of you (Jlew, Skull, anyone else) really think that he can make a team a winner without another really good player with him?
I do not. He's won three playoff games in his career. Not series, GAMES.

He's a good piece, but I don't think he can carry a team to anything other than mediocre heights.

the_ouskull
7/3/2010, 10:10 PM
With other solid veteran role-players around him, he can lead a team to the playoffs. I don't think he's ready to be "The Man" somewhere, though.

Also, the playoffs argument isn't entirely fair with Bosh. He hasn't exactly been saddled with superior talent all around him.

06/07 - Bosh averaged 10+ boards per game while nobody else on the team averaged five per. His fellow starters included: T.J. Ford, Anthony Parker, Jorge Garbajosa, and Rasho Nesterovich. Please, read that again. Bosh made the playoffs with THAT team around him. Sure, they were bringing in some decent talent off of the bench in Calderon and Bargnani, but they were still REALLY salty. I mean, Joey Graham and Juan Dixon averaged 16 and 26 minutes per game, respectively. This was ALL Bosh. (Mo Pete and Kris Humphries rounded out the 10-deep.)

07/08 - the starters were Calderon, Parker, Moon, and Bargnani. A much better starting five with Bosh, but still nobody else that's a "good" NBA player. Calderon was pretty good, and Bargnani is pretty good, but either are definitively "good" players. "Serviceable" may be more accurate.

Carlos Delfino, Jason Kapono, Nesterovich, Humphries, and Ford round out the 10-deep.

Bosh was the best player on the team and it wasn't even close. And, to make the playoffs with THAT roster... twice... he's better than anybody's giving him credit for.

I don't think he's a piece to build around, but if you can add him, you're sitting really pretty... (ala - Scottie Pippen, Pau Gasol, etc...)

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
7/4/2010, 12:09 AM
we will see stuff happen Sunday night

Collier11
7/4/2010, 01:07 PM
You mean...Fireworks? Hey Oh!

tulsaoilerfan
7/4/2010, 09:42 PM
Will LeBron hurry the **** up and sign? I'm getting tired of hearing about his over hyped ***

JLEW1818
7/5/2010, 09:36 PM
I'm still saying New York. idc

badger
7/6/2010, 09:12 AM
Will LeBron hurry the **** up and sign? I'm getting tired of hearing about his over hyped ***

If he didn't want the attention he would have kept this a lot quieter... although it could be even worse with a grand tour of the each NBA city like originally thought, so I guess that's something to be thankful for.

I really thought up till the last second of his playoff ouster that he'd be staying in Cleveland. He seemed happy there, the fans loved him and all of his family and friends live there.

But... when he left to the lockerroom, the way that he tore his jersey off seemed to just be saying "Eff this. I'm finished with this crappy organization that can't get my a ring."

TUSooner
7/6/2010, 01:21 PM
Even Phil Jackson is tired of this subject!

;)

Collier11
7/6/2010, 01:25 PM
Whats funny is that Lebron isnt saying anything yet you all still accuse him of seeking attention.

badger
7/6/2010, 01:51 PM
I heard that the announcement is coming Wednesday.

the_ouskull
7/6/2010, 01:54 PM
We'll see... Now, check all of the various cities in the running and see if any of them have anything major going on on Wednesday... parades, mass suicides... (sorry Cleveland) ...whatever...

the_ouskull

Eielson
7/6/2010, 01:56 PM
Whats funny is that Lebron isnt saying anything yet you all still accuse him of seeking attention.

All we need is a jlew comment to even this out.

Collier11
7/6/2010, 03:11 PM
I speak the truth, Jlew speaks craziness

Scott D
7/6/2010, 05:54 PM
I think the funniest part is that the "Lebron Drama" isn't even a 30 second commercial compared to the biggest drama queen of them all..#4 in Minnersoda.

JLEW1818
7/6/2010, 06:13 PM
I think Wade and Bosh end up together somehow

JLEW1818
7/6/2010, 09:04 PM
Lebron James will announce decision Thursday 8 Central, ESPN

badger
7/7/2010, 09:10 AM
Lebron James will announce decision Thursday 8 Central, ESPN

yeah... espn lied initially :D

Bron Bron really seems to want to stay in Cleveland, but it having trouble convincing others to go there, so I'm not sure it will happen. Poor Cleveland. Nobody loves you cept Drew Carey ;)

Ahhhhhh...
All this energy callin' me
Back where it comes from
It's such a crude attitude
It's back where it belongs
All the little kids growing up on the skids
Go "Cleveland rocks!", "Cleveland rocks!"

My Opinion Matters
7/7/2010, 09:58 AM
Sounds like Bosh is headed to Miami, which means Lebron is probably headed to Chicago or possibly New York. Sorry Cleveland.

Mjcpr
7/7/2010, 10:14 AM
Sounds like Bosh is headed to Miami, which means Lebron is probably headed to Chicago or possibly New York. Sorry Cleveland.

I think he'll stay with Cleveland which will leave the Bulls with nothing. I don't follow the NBA much but I did like the Bulls in the Jordan era so I try to keep up with them.

My Opinion Matters
7/7/2010, 11:37 AM
I think he'll stay with Cleveland which will leave the Bulls with nothing. I don't follow the NBA much but I did like the Bulls in the Jordan era so I try to keep up with them.

If Lebron is serious about winning I don't see him returning. The talent level in Cleveland is diminishing and with Cleveland management seemingly unable to add a legitimate second banana to Lebron through trades or free agency I think the writing is on the wall. Without more help, the last two seasons is the best we're ever going to see a Cavs and Lebron combination.

If it's Chicago he'll be joining a nucleus with Rose, Noah, and Deng. Although I personally see potential chemistry issues between James and Rose, Chicago is instantly a contender with that roster.

HBick
7/7/2010, 11:46 AM
Why would Lebron go on television for an hour to announce he's leaving Cleveland? That would be extremely detrimental to his image. I think he'll announce he'll stay for 2-3 years to get Cleveland one last chance.

ouleaf
7/7/2010, 11:50 AM
At this point, I'd say it is either Cleveland or the Knicks. If he bails on Cleveland, that chapter will go down in history as a failure for Lebron. If he can live with that mark of failure on his resume, then he will more than likely leave.

However, when comparing to the greats (Jordan, Kobe) who remained loyal and stuck out the tough times to find success again and again. I think it will show Lebron's true determination and that his sole focus/obsession even is basketball.

If Lebron isn't 100% focused on basketball and more concerned with expanding his "Brand", then by all means leave Cleveland for greener pastures (NYC). If he bolts for the Knicks, he'll have a chance to become the greatest player in the biggest city, for one of the most storied franchises ever. His legend will grow much more than like of Frazier, King, or Ewing. He'll be able to create his own shadow, not unlike the ones that hang over Chicago, Los Angeles, or Boston.

I definitely think the Knicks made a smart move in signing Amare right away. I think having him there was definitely a boost in the Knicks stock. Teaming up with him, might be the best shot at a title, and a true Robin to his Batman.

Scott D
7/7/2010, 12:02 PM
If Kobe was loyal, he'd be a New Orleans Hornet...case closed.

ouleaf
7/7/2010, 12:16 PM

Yeah, those 6 days of having his draft rights were the most significant part of his career. How could I forget about that?

badger
7/7/2010, 12:30 PM

Meh, Charlotte really wanted Floppy Divac, so they got who they wanted and Kobe went to the Lakers

Vlade had been trade bait for the Lakers for a long time. Charlotte took the bait.

btw, bosh and wade to the heat means there's fewer free agency options for cleveland to get Lebron his Scottie sidekick. Makes you wonder if Bron Bron is actually gonna stay?

sooner59
7/7/2010, 01:08 PM
I have to think he isn't coming back to Cleveland now. Staying in Cleveland diminishes his image, chances at a title, and chances that any big time players will ever join him. I'm not counting Shaq in his old age.

badger
7/7/2010, 01:58 PM
I have to think he isn't coming back to Cleveland now. Staying in Cleveland diminishes his image, chances at a title, and chances that any big time players will ever join him. I'm not counting Shaq in his old age.

I am amazed that someone of Bron's statue couldn't recruit more players to consider Cleveland. Maybe that city really is destined to be losing if even Bron can't get more players to come there.

If Bron leaves, it's a big failure on a lot of people's parts.

Nike: The witness campaign was cool for Bron, but did little else for his hometown.

Cleveland: You're plastering HOME billboards and signs everywhere, but not trying to get other players to join Bron, when that was what really would have kept him around more than a few signs.

Bron: Maybe you're not King James after all if you can't convince other top free agents that your home turf is worth playing for and winning championships for.

Then again, did Nike ever want Bron to stay/play in Cleveland? Maybe this is what they were hoping for all along - for no free agents to consider the Cavs to force Bron to look elsewhere, like New York (Amare) or Miami (Bosh/Wade).

Collier11
7/7/2010, 03:10 PM
Wade and Bosh in Miami automatically makes them one of the 2 best teams IMO, if they get Lebron as well and they can make that work, watch out.

Having said that, I dont know how you keep 3 superstars happy, never really seen it happen other than Boston and that was later in all of their careers

sooner59
7/7/2010, 03:33 PM
I image Nike is itching for New York. I don't blame anybody for not wanting to play in Cleveland during their prime if they can win elsewhere. In and interview with Wilbon, Bosh was asked why he took less money to play with Wade in Miami rather than Lebron in Cleveland. He danced all around the real reason without saying it. You could tell he just flat out didn't want to live in Cleveland.

JLEW1818
7/7/2010, 04:04 PM
Boozer to Bulls

Lebron had his chance to play in Chicago. He doesn't want to. MJ shadow = fact.

badger
7/7/2010, 04:15 PM
I am wondering how Lebron will get this crap to last an hour. Maybe he'll start with 30 hats all lined up on a table, and eliminate one every other minute of the special till he announces the winner at the end?

(that would be so full of fail)

Or perhaps, he'll announce it right away so that we don't have to stay tuned for the entire show?

(that would be so full of win... for us, not him)

Or perhaps, there'll be nothing revealed at all up until the last minute, filling the first 59 minutes of nothing but highlight reels, tossing powder into the air off prop scorer's table, with ESPN features on the nickname "King James" (complete with actors depicting the original King James).

It's probably gonna be the hat thing. He missed out on it for choosing a college and now he's gonna get his chance here. So...full...of...fail!

Oh wait... it's all gonna get leaked beforehand and we won't have to watch! :D

Win!

Eielson
7/7/2010, 04:39 PM
Wade and Bosh in Miami automatically makes them one of the 2 best teams IMO

They have two players under contract, and tomorrow they will have four. How in the world can you say they are automatically top 2? You don't even have a clue what they're starting lineup will be yet.

Curly Bill
7/7/2010, 04:54 PM
Yep, I don't see it.

One superstar in Wade, and a very good player in Bosh does not the 2nd best team make.

...and at the end of the day there's still just one ball to go around, and so many shots to be taken.

Scott D
7/7/2010, 05:15 PM
Meh, Charlotte really wanted Floppy Divac, so they got who they wanted and Kobe went to the Lakers

Vlade had been trade bait for the Lakers for a long time. Charlotte took the bait.

btw, bosh and wade to the heat means there's fewer free agency options for cleveland to get Lebron his Scottie sidekick. Makes you wonder if Bron Bron is actually gonna stay?

I guess I should apologize to Kobe then....since the Hornets were in unload mode...more reason that George Shinn should be reserved for the eternal heights of the Donald Sterling award.

Collier11
7/7/2010, 06:53 PM
They have two players under contract, and tomorrow they will have four. How in the world can you say they are automatically top 2? You don't even have a clue what they're starting lineup will be yet.

Again, in the East. Pat Riley is the head of that team, they will have a decent roster.

Collier11
7/8/2010, 01:18 AM
"Multiple sources telling Newsday that LeBron has decided to join Wade, Bosh in Miami"

Take it for what its worth but if this happens and IF Wade and Bron can learn to co-exist, Watch Out! This could also be a complete disaster, we will see in a few hours

ouleaf
7/8/2010, 08:29 AM
Pat Riley is the head of that team, they will have a decent roster.

Does that also mean Riley will kick Spoelstra to the curb like he did Van Gundy in 05-06 now that the Heat will be good this year? Seems like he coaches only when it's convenient.

I do realize he is a hall of fame coach, and very much deserving of that honor.

Eielson
7/8/2010, 09:22 AM
If Lebron uses this hour-long show to rip Cleveland's heart out, I will lose all remaining respect I have for him.

badger
7/8/2010, 10:46 AM
If Lebron uses this hour-long show to rip Cleveland's heart out, I will lose all remaining respect I have for him.

OK, so everyone pick a pony. Spek to the winner.

Someone volunteer to take a suitor each - Cavs, Nets, Knicks, Heat, Bulls or Clippers, the six teams that visited with Bron.

Since nobody else will take them, I will take the ultimate darkhorse, the Clippers. Can you imagine Blake and Bron on the same team? That's reason enough to hold out hope for a miracle!

Eielson
7/8/2010, 10:58 AM
I picked Cavs originally, so I'm going to stick with it. If my life depended on it I'd pick the Heat due to the sources, though.

HBick
7/8/2010, 11:05 AM
I hope Lebron joins the super friends in Miami. Boston, Orlando, Miami and the Bulls? Looks like a decent eastern conference for the first time in years. Plus with Boozer leaving Utah, and Amare leaving Phoenix, it creates a much different landscape. The west won't be nearly as dominant which bodes well for up and comers like the Thunder and Grizzlies.

ESPN is stupid, I'm so tired of hearing about what "the nation" thinks. He's a professional athlete with one goal, winning championships. He doesn't need money, his endorsement deals are bigger than his contract.

Eielson
7/8/2010, 11:07 AM
I honestly think the Heat would be better off without Lebron. The Eastern Conference would be stronger with Lebron in New York or Cleveland.

HBick
7/8/2010, 11:16 AM
I honestly think the Heat would be better off without Lebron. The Eastern Conference would be stronger with Lebron in New York or Cleveland.

Oh I completely agree, for the better of the league and the conference. I do like having something to dislike. I'm too much of a Kobe fan to hate on him for too long.

Collier11
7/8/2010, 12:26 PM
Does that also mean Riley will kick Spoelstra to the curb like he did Van Gundy in 05-06 now that the Heat will be good this year? Seems like he coaches only when it's convenient.

I do realize he is a hall of fame coach, and very much deserving of that honor.

Thats the rumor

Apparently he is announcing within the 1st 10 minutes of the show

badger
7/8/2010, 01:44 PM
Oh Riley, always ready to tan, slick your hair back and run your players like cattle in practice. :D

So... we have me taking the Clips (yay, Blake!), Eielson on the Cavas, HBick with the Heat. Any takers on Bulls, Knicks or Nets?

Some media types are calling the Bron announcement his shot at college recruiting, because everyone back then pretty much knew that he was NBA-bound no matter what (the NCAA openly said that he wouldn't have even been eligible with as many adidas shoes, retro jerseys, etc he was receiving). Does he put on a hat, put on a jersey, spend an hour boarding a plane to his new hometown? :rolleyes:

Collier11
7/8/2010, 01:55 PM
Well since I posted the quote, im goin with the Heat :D

Eielson
7/8/2010, 01:56 PM
Haywood stays with the Mavs. Six years, 55 million. Cuban is a moron.

badger
7/8/2010, 02:05 PM
Well since I posted the quote, im goin with the Heat :D

da heat are already taken! pick a different one!

Collier11
7/8/2010, 02:13 PM
Mexico Banditos

Scott D
7/8/2010, 02:21 PM

not if they manage to trade Dampylon to Miami for Beasley.

Collier11
7/8/2010, 03:09 PM
"LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.

That adds more fuel to the fire that James, 25, will announce he's joining the Miami Heat Thursday night, as several insiders told ESPN this morning."

ouleaf
7/8/2010, 04:08 PM

The Mavs would have been far worse, had they not re-signed him, I promise you that.

Plus, this contract isn't nearly as bad as Dampier's (7 for 73) or LaFrentz's (7 for 70). I also think we've heard that the 6th year of Haywoods deal is not fully guaranteed.

So to average out at about $8-9 million per season, while it really isn't great for a slightly above average Center, I think the Mavs got a pretty good price, when considering the past contracts Cuban gave to big guys, and the fact that Haywood is by far the better player over either of those guys.

badger
7/8/2010, 04:14 PM

I heard Beasley regretting that he left KSU, even though he got drafted high and was making pro money. Kansas State really has something special going on with their crazy tempered Cuban-American coach and the Octagon of Doom.

I'm all for it... because if they become a basketball school, we'll never have to worry about them during football season again :D

ouleaf
7/8/2010, 04:17 PM

I would definitely still be willing to take on Beasley. I know he has had some up and downs and is a bit undersized for a 4, but he's still a young, athletic guy. Just anything to move Dampier is all I care about at this point.

Other rumors going around that Dallas might be the next team to pick up Shaq. Cuban has wanted for so long to have Shaq in a Mavs uniform and I definitely think Mavs fans would be receptive and excited to see him.

If he is willing to play in a backup role....playing about 15-18 a night, I say bring him on for the mid-level exception. He is no where near what he was 5 years ago, but if he can get in some semblance of shape, there is no reason he couldn't give you decent numbers in a limited role. Hell, last year in only playing about 20ish mpg I think he still averaged 12 and 7.....still better than Dampier.

ouleaf
7/8/2010, 04:30 PM
Also....complete long shot rumor going around that the Mavs want to make a push for a Chris Paul trade.

I think the Hornets are a sinking ship and Paul knows it. If this is true, I sell the farm if I'm Cuban to get him. Throw in Dampier's contract, Caron Butler, Roddy B (unfortunately), DeShawn Stevenson and probably the Mavs 1st round pick this year, Dominique Jones for Paul and we'd probably have to take Peja's bad contract for one year.

the_ouskull
7/8/2010, 04:52 PM
Paul
Butler
Peja
Dirk
Heywood

Deece starting five. No bench. Two-year window, tops... assuming that they get a bench, and can make Peja's cap space become something productive next season.

the_ouskull

badger
7/8/2010, 04:53 PM
Also....complete long shot rumor going around that the Mavs want to make a push for a Chris Paul trade.

I wish there was a way to get Paul back in OKC. The fans here loved him. He's be a good wingman for Durant.

Rumor has it that Paul and the future Heat trio (it really seems inevitable the way some are talking about it) made a pact to all play on the same team again after the Beijing Olympics when free agency allowed. With all the rumors about this pact, as well as the rumor that Bron rented six villas off the Florida coastline for a post-announcement party... would Paul try to expedite his inevitable stop in Miami to play with his Olympic buddies?

Scott D
7/8/2010, 05:05 PM
Miami couldn't afford to bring in Paul if they do in fact as it looks bring in Lebron.

In fact, out of their 5 players (including James), Beasley is the only trade value they have (pending whether or not he's part of a Bosh sign & trade). It'll be interesting to see how they work with signing veterans to the vet. minimum to flesh out their roster.

ouleaf
7/8/2010, 05:28 PM
Paul
Butler
Peja
Dirk
Heywood

Deece starting five. No bench. Two-year window, tops... assuming that they get a bench, and can make Peja's cap space become something productive next season.

the_ouskull

I doubt we can keep Butler in any sort of trade scenario for Paul. His expiring contract next year would be valuable to the Hornets if they are trying to cut payroll.

badger
7/8/2010, 05:32 PM
If a ring is important enough to some of these players, they'll probably sign for less, especially if they have tons of endorsements. For some of the marginal, not-as-big-name players that don't have their own shoes or toothpaste endorsements, they'll probably demand a little bit more from their NBA contract.

Would the stars heading to Miami all take less just to play and win with each other?

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 07:15 PM
almost that time.

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 07:55 PM
F'n LeBron man...

Collier11
7/8/2010, 07:59 PM
Jlew has a BONER

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:04 PM
If/when Lebron leaves, will he be as hated as Modell in Cleveland? Man they are gonna suck if he leaves

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:18 PM
Jon Barry just nailed it, Lebron doesnt look happy or relieved. I think his heart is in Cleveland but he knows he isnt winning a title there

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:28 PM
Stephen A. Smith got hammered a week ago when he said Miami, guess alot of people owe him an apology

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 08:29 PM
HEAT

Eielson
7/8/2010, 08:29 PM
Jon Barry just nailed it, Lebron doesnt look happy or relieved. I think his heart is in Cleveland but he knows he isnt winning a title there

You're such a Lebron lover.

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 08:30 PM
he about to cry???

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:30 PM
Just bein a realist, not sure how that makes me a Lebron lover

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 08:32 PM
you love LeBROONNNN

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:32 PM
LOL

HBick
7/8/2010, 08:34 PM
LOL @ The City of Cleveland

This is what I saw.

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:35 PM
I feel really bad for Cleveland, talk about an uber depressed city.

I dont think anyone can doubt Lebron anymore that he doesnt care about winning anymore cus he just took less money to Win

CatfishSooner
whYY?

Collier11
whYY?

?

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 08:36 PM
@ Hbick:

Why lol at ClevelandD?

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 08:38 PM
Collier...do you think Miami wins the championship next year?

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:40 PM
Depends on who they are able to put with them, right now the roster is

Lebron
Dwade
Bosh
Chalmers
Beasley

Thats it, I think some vets will go play for the minimum for a chance to win but I dont wanna say for sure until I see who they add cus Orlando and Boston are still really good, plus Chicago got better

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:42 PM
Having said that, Pat Riley will put together a good team around them and I think Id feel comfortable saying they will atleast be in the Eastern Conf Finals in Year 1

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 08:45 PM
o so they're keeping beasely?? He's more of a 4 isn't he? and isn't bosh more of a 4 too?

So for now this is this roster:
1-chalmers
2-wade
3-lebron
4-beasely
5-bosh
?????
so is their biggest need a center?

Eielson
7/8/2010, 08:46 PM
Just bein a realist, not sure how that makes me a Lebron lover

You act like you know what he was thinking just by seeing his face. You're every bit as much of a Lebron lover as jlew is a Lebron hater. Just slightly less disturbing. Actually, a lot less disturbing...but still.

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 08:48 PM
what's wrong w/ being a lebron lover/??? he's the best player in the NBa!

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 08:48 PM
i hate this stupid fag even more

"derr even the custodian matters"

good lord. I feel like a cavs fan tonight.

I'm not in shock that he left cleveland.

I'm just in shock that Miami got what they got.

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 08:49 PM
what's wrong w/ being a lebron lover/??? he's the best player in the NBa!

incorrect, Kobe Bryant is.

Lebron's stats will go down in every category.

They will bring in a point guard.

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:49 PM
I am a fan of Lebron, I enjoy watching him play. I saw him play live in OKC this year and it was something amazing to watch, honestly.

So I admire his ability and despite his ego which all athletes have, especially superstars, he comes off as somewhat humble and a good guy and I respect him for that. Am I a Lover, not at all, I love Albert Pujols, I am an admirer though.

To your other point, when they were showing him before they went live he looked uncomfortable, you can tell by body language how alot of people are thinking. Maybe he just has a good poker face but he looked really uncomfortable

badger
7/8/2010, 08:50 PM
lol they just showed a lebron jersey burning in cleveland and then cut to lebron's face. his tone suddenly turned a little bit more sulky :D

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:51 PM

Thats why you should respect him more, he took less money and will give up some of his stats in hope of winning, you always criticize him for not winning, well thats what he is trying to do with this deal

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 08:52 PM
guess we will see how successful his "team" will be.

Bosh could end up like Jermaine O'Neil

lots more to go.

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:53 PM
Even if Bosh ends up like Jermaine Oneal the team still has 2 of the top 3 guys in the league IMO

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 08:54 PM
for sure no augments here.

They are for sure a top 4 team in the NBA. right now.

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:55 PM
Just saw the Heat draft picks scroll the screen, I had forgotten about them

Desean Butler- If he comes back from his knee he will help this team
Dex Pittman- A big Body
Jarvis Varnardo- A Big Body who can play some D

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 08:55 PM
I have a feeling more Life-Style Professional Lebron James haters will join me.

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 08:56 PM
Does Miami have a chance at Nash?

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 08:56 PM
Just saw the Heat draft picks scroll the screen, I had forgotten about them

Desean Butler- If he comes back from his knee he will help this team
Dex Pittman- A big Body
Jarvis Varnardo- A Big Body who can play some D

yah, all second round picks.. but at least bodies.

Collier11
7/8/2010, 08:57 PM
Does Miami have a chance at Nash?

He would have to play for a very small contract, highly doubt it

yah, all second round picks.. but at least bodies.

Cheap, thats the Key. Plus, Butler was a top 15 pick most likely if he didnt get hurt

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 08:58 PM

You think Kobe is the best player in the NBA?

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 09:00 PM
i like this Miami Heat team to average 34.234 free throw attempts per game.

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 09:02 PM
To anybody who now hates Lebron, jump on my back, I will show you the way. I'm a veteran

Collier11
7/8/2010, 09:03 PM
Im so sick of Stuart Scott, he would rather be all the athletes buddy than be a real media guy

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 09:07 PM
stew's eye weirds me out man...

Collier11
7/8/2010, 09:08 PM
What do you think the stat lines will be, I say...

Lebron- 25ppg, 10 ast, 8 reb
Dwade- 27ppg, 6 ast, 5 reb
Bosh- 19ppg, 11 reb

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 09:10 PM
wow the magic really need Kevin Durant.

HBick
7/8/2010, 09:11 PM
@ Hbick:

Why lol at ClevelandD?

It's fairly morbid, but that city just under has awful luck with pro sports franchises. Browns left, then they came back, and suck. Indians, need I say more? Cavs, one finals appearance and probably won't make it back anytime soon.

Then you have the Cincy fans who have the Bengals that are up and comers, and the Reds who are in the playoff race, so not all is lost for the State of Ohio, oh and don't forget tOSU

HBick
7/8/2010, 09:13 PM
I am a fan of Lebron, I enjoy watching him play. I saw him play live in OKC this year and it was something amazing to watch, honestly.

I feel the exact same way, people are still going to be ooed and awed, and he will still in the top 10 x amounts of time.

It will be fun when he goes back to Cleveland in the fall, that will be on ESPN/TNT for sure.

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 09:15 PM
man, i really thought he was gonna play baseball

badger
7/8/2010, 09:16 PM
While it sounds like a good idea to team up with two other talented players, the fact of the matter is that they only issue one championship a year in the NBA. No bowl games to have lots of trophies and teams going out as winners - only ONE! ...and there are a LOT of teams that have three talented players! Boston... LA Lakers... Spurs... etc. This is no guarantee of anything, especially given that the roster is bare bones beyond those three as ESPN kept repeating.

Will the move be worth it if it gets him no closer to a title?

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 09:23 PM
so the 3 second round picks, just landed this sweet deal?

****ing pittman's fat ***

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 09:46 PM
LOLz

bluedogok
7/8/2010, 09:49 PM
I guess some were disappointed.....

SpeedTV.com - INDYCAR: Panther Racing Fails To Sign LeBron (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-panther-racing-fails-to-sign-lebron/)
National Guard Panther Team fails in attempt to sign reigning NBA MVP, vows to support his return to basketball.
Media Release | Posted July 08, 2010 Indianapolis, IN

Panther Racing regrets to announce today that it was unable to come to a contract agreement with reigning NBA Most Valuable Player LeBron James, who plans to announce his future destination live on ESPN this evening at 9 p.m. (EST). Several attempts to reach James’ agent were unsuccessful as Panther Racing management had hoped to lure LeBron to Indianapolis to sign with the two-time IZOD IndyCar Series champions.

The team intended to add LeBron in 2011 as a teammate to current No. 4 National Guard driver and former Indianapolis 500 winner Dan Wheldon.

“I think, like a lot of teams, we really felt like it was our obligation to give our best efforts to sign LeBron to join Panther Racing,” team co-owner John Barnes said. “He’s a tremendous athlete and obviously he would have been a great addition to both Panther and the IZOD IndyCar Series, but we knew it was a long shot going into negotiations. We wish LeBron and his family all the best in his future endeavors and hope that when he hits the free agent market again he’ll consider Panther Racing.”

Collier11
7/8/2010, 09:54 PM
In the last 5 days, Lebron hater Jlew has posted something on his own wall on Facebook about Lebron 7 times :D

JLEW1818
7/8/2010, 09:55 PM
Phil and the Lakers finish off the 3peat next year.

Gives the Heat a year to add a few more pieces. And a MLE.

but damn.

badger
7/8/2010, 10:10 PM
So... um... you know how I mentioned earlier that they were burning Bron stuff in Ohio? Here's proof:

Link (http://www.cleveland.com/photo-contests/index.ssf/2010/07/lebrons_decision_post_your_pho.html)

I guess Ohioans just like to burn stuff. I hear tOSU burns couches after big wins... apparently big losses too :D

Also, Cleveland police are guarding the Bron billboard in the center of town.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/392266/x2_1e1cb61_medium.jpg
Nawww... they wouldn't vandalize that, now would they :rolleyes:

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 10:12 PM
In the last 5 days, Lebron hater Jlew has posted something on his own wall on Facebook about Lebron 7 times :D

:D

Collier11
7/8/2010, 11:11 PM
Dan Gilbert is an idiot of epic proportions, talk about a lack of professionalism. His letter to Cleveland fans is embarrassing, he should be more upset that he couldnt put a good enough team around Lebron, not that Lebron left his azz

sooner59
7/8/2010, 11:29 PM
Cleveland fans need to STFU. The only reason they got the hometown prodigy was that they sucked so much *** that they got the opportunity to draft him. Then after 5 years, he signed a 2 year extension to try to stay and give the city something they needed. He played 7 years in the dying rust belt. He doesn't owe Cleveland anything. They should just be happy they had him for as long as they did. And then turn their anger to the Cavs organization for not making the right moves for Lebron to have a better shot at a title. Lebron is 25. He has money. He knows he is going to get tons more wherever he goes. He will enjoy an international city like Miami. He will get to taste victory as Miami will probably win 2 or 3 titles with them. Then he will get another big contract to finish out his career. He may stay with Miami and keep the nucleus together and try to win more titles. He might take on the Knicks or even the Nets, especially if they move to Brooklyn. Maybe try L.A. Who knows.

Collier11
7/8/2010, 11:33 PM
I can understand extreme disappointment but this anger is unreal, he didnt stab them in the back like Modell, he turned them into a winner and took them to the Finals while playing with mostly crap.

sooner59
7/8/2010, 11:40 PM
Did Gilbert really say that he guarantees the Cavs would win an NBA championship BEFORE the "self-titled FORMER King" does? Wow. That guy has left this planet. Pass me what he is smoking.

Collier11
7/8/2010, 11:43 PM
He is drunk, him and Jlew are buds

Eielson
7/9/2010, 12:13 AM
Dan Gilbert is an idiot of epic proportions, talk about a lack of professionalism. His letter to Cleveland fans is embarrassing, he should be more upset that he couldnt put a good enough team around Lebron, not that Lebron left his azz

Cleveland went after plenty of players. They apparently just didn't want to play with Lebron.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 12:18 AM
Two of the top 15 players in the league just signed to play with him, I think you are reaching

sooner59
7/9/2010, 12:35 AM
Its not that they didn't want to play with Lebron. They didn't want to play in Cleveland. Lebron wouldn't either if he wasn't a homegrown Ohio boy. Hell, if I were offered a job in Cleveland knowing I could get one elsewhere even for a little less money, even I wouldn't go to Cleveland, lol.

Eielson
7/9/2010, 12:37 AM
Two of the top 15 players in the league just signed to play with him, I think you are reaching

Well, he actually signed with them, but whatever. It's two players, and established superstars. No matter what, he can't take the spotlight from them, and he certainly won't take the ball from them. If Wade and Lebron clash, who is Miami going to side with? Wade of course, so he has no reason to be afraid of that attention-whore.

What happened last year? Cleveland went hard after Artest. What happened? He wanted to play with Kobe. Cleveland went hard after Ariza. What happened? He decided to play with...Yao? It was a common trend.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 12:40 AM
It is Cleveland, not Lebron.

sooner59
7/9/2010, 12:50 AM
L.A. city/market > Cleveland city/market
Houston city/market > Cleveland city/market

and so on...

Lebron and was the only thing Cleveland ever had to offer to a free agent. And a lot of people want lifestyle/market or a chance to play with Lebron and "maybe" win a title.

Eielson
7/9/2010, 01:04 AM
L.A. city/market > Cleveland city/market
Houston city/market > Cleveland city/market

and so on...

Lebron and was the only thing Cleveland ever had to offer to a free agent. And a lot of people want lifestyle/market or a chance to play with Lebron and "maybe" win a title.

I'm not going to discount Cleveland being the location, but I definitely did get the feeling that nobody wanted to play with Lebron. Regardless, I hate the move. Cleveland treated Lebron as well or better than any sports superstar in recent history. They basically worshiped the guy and were willing to do anything for him. Everybody claims that Lebron had no talent around him, but it was good enough. They won 60+ games for two straight seasons and even went to the finals once. He turned his back on them, and decided to make it as painful as possible. He couldn't just say a painful goodbye...he had to rip their hearts out during an hour-long show on national TV, and waited until most of the other big-time free agents had already signed. I hate it, but then again, I'm a pretty loyal guy.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 01:27 AM
He owed them nothing, he had already given them everything. I dont agree with the hour long special but you and I both know he wasnt winning a title in Cleveland anytime soon

sooner59
7/9/2010, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I didn't like the special either. Kinda lost respect for that. But I don't believe that just because he was born in Ohio and Cleveland drafted him that he should have to stay there or else he is a doosh. He wanted a bunch of attention and titles. He got the attention, but not championships, so he wanted to do new things. Thats fine. If people don't want to play with Lebron, then they are basically saying, "I don't want a leader. I want money and easy street."

Collier11
7/9/2010, 01:42 AM
People criticized him for being about the money and he left over $20 mil on the table to try and Win, I have respect for that

Eielson
7/9/2010, 01:56 AM
People criticized him for being about the money and he left over $20 mil on the table to try and Win, I have respect for that

He's still a disloyal, attention-whore.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 02:03 AM
How is he disloyal? Are you saying every player who leaves in free agency is disloyal?

And almost every superstar is an attention whore, he is one of the more well spoken and respectul attention whores ive seen :D Oh yea, he is a good guy who doesnt get in trouble either

sooner59
7/9/2010, 02:57 AM
He stayed in a dead city 2 years longer than he actually had to. That is more loyal than I would have been.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 03:00 AM
Id say staying and taking the money when your heart isnt into it is far more disloyal

Collier11
7/9/2010, 03:55 AM
Adande answers all of Jlew and some of you other peoples criticisms of Lebron, basically if you criticize him for not having a ring yet then you can no longer criticize him or you are a hipocrite

"People want loyalty, as if that's going to cover things. Just imagine if LeBron spent an entire, title-free career in Cleveland. In 25 years, when the greats are gathered for a tribute to the all-time legends, the chatter could go like this:

"Hey, it's Tim Duncan, four-time champion."
"Look, it's Kobe, wearing all five of his rings."
"There's LeBron ... he was ... loyal."
Awkward silence.
"Have you seen KG?"

Don't ask him to be loyal if you won't grant him an exception to the ring rule. (As in Jordan, Magic and Bird on one side of the tee at the charity golf tournament, Ewing, Barkley and Malone on the other)."

Boomer.....
7/9/2010, 08:03 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MMIER8qjgE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MMIER8qjgE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

badger
7/9/2010, 08:35 AM
Adande answers all of Jlew and some of you other peoples criticisms of Lebron, basically if you criticize him for not having a ring yet then you can no longer criticize him or you are a hipocrite

"People want loyalty, as if that's going to cover things. Just imagine if LeBron spent an entire, title-free career in Cleveland. In 25 years, when the greats are gathered for a tribute to the all-time legends, the chatter could go like this:

Awkward silence.
"Have you seen KG?"

Don't ask him to be loyal if you won't grant him an exception to the ring rule. (As in Jordan, Magic and Bird on one side of the tee at the charity golf tournament, Ewing, Barkley and Malone on the other)."

For as cocky and arrogant as Reggie Miller was, he spent his entire career in Indy and didn't get a title. Poor Reggie.

Bron apparently quit during the playoffs, according to the Cavs owner and that we're now seeing the real Bron, not being covered by anyone.

So now... it's time for Bron to stop hiding and do the thing he has neglected to for years even though Michael and Kobe both did it:

WIN THE D@MN DUNK CONTEST, ALREADY

My Opinion Matters
7/9/2010, 09:18 AM
Here's my take on this:

The comparisons between Lebron and Jordan can officially end now. Win a few titles down in South Beach and he might be viewed as historically significant as Magic or Bird. Maybe. But at the end of his career he'll likely be regarded as an equal to Kobe Bryant, not that that's anything to be ashamed of. But yesterday Lebron's potential to be the greatest ever died. Yesterday he decided "ah, f*ck it, I'm not good enough to lead a team a championship". The "he's disloyal!" side of this story is being overplayed, the real truth is that this is the coward's way out. Michael Jordan would have never said "I'm not good enough to beat these guys." MJ would have never said "I can't beat 'em, so I'll join 'em." Yeah, Jordan had Pippen, but that's not a fair comparison. This would be like Jordan having Pippen and Charles Barkley.

I don't intend to sound overly critical of Lebron, all he's really guilty of is surrendering his oppurtunity to be one of the top 2-3 players to ever play the game. It's his decision. It just reveals he's not really wired like guys like MJ, or even Kobe Bryant for that matter. Again, that's ok, it's just disappointing. I find it ironic that Lebron made the move to Miami to secure his legacy, but in reality he's tarnishing it.

badger
7/9/2010, 10:35 AM
Call Bron a quitter, a coward, a traitor, etc., but seeing how those crazy Ohioans reacted to the announcement shows that he might have made the right decision by leaving if to stay meant to to have fans that would burn his jersey at the spur of the moment, to have an owner that already thought he was a quitter and a self-titled narcissistic king, to be at a franchise that top free agents didn't want to go to.

My Opinion Matters
7/9/2010, 10:50 AM
Oh come on, imagine a scenario where Landry Jones held a press conference to announce he's transferring to the University of Florida because his friends played there and it he felt he had a better chance to win there. Our fans would react the exact same way. This is how sports fans behave.

My Opinion Matters
7/9/2010, 10:52 AM
We probably wouldn't burn our couches though. Points for us on that.

badger
7/9/2010, 11:43 AM
Oh come on, imagine a scenario where Landry Jones held a press conference to announce he's transferring to the University of Florida because his friends played there and it he felt he had a better chance to win there. Our fans would react the exact same way. This is how sports fans behave.

meh. we'd win with or without him, so the smarter gundy brother sayeth.

[hairGel]Burn his jersey!

...so sayeth the dumber gundy brother.

;)

Eielson
7/9/2010, 12:01 PM
Awkward silence.
"Have you seen KG?"

That's just further confirming that he is disloyal. He just listed reasons why he thought it was okay. You and he value championships over loyalty, and that's fine. Like I said, I'm big on loyalty, and that's why I hate the move. You're not, that's fine, just don't try and convince me this is in any way loyalty. Tim Duncan and Kobe played for one team their entire career (so far). His legacy will never be on their level.

Eielson
7/9/2010, 12:09 PM
And almost every superstar is an attention whore

Did you hear that Durant signed with the Thunder? I must've missed the TV show.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 12:14 PM
That's just further confirming that he is disloyal. He just listed reasons why he thought it was okay. You and he value championships over loyalty, and that's fine. Like I said, I'm big on loyalty, and that's why I hate the move. You're not, that's fine, just don't try and convince me this is in any way loyalty. Tim Duncan and Kobe played for one team their entire career (so far). His legacy will never be on their level.

I didnt say I value anything over anything, I said he does and it is his choice, not yours or mine. There was nothing disloyal about what he did though, he honored his contract, obligation complete. This is pro sports

My Opinion Matters
7/9/2010, 12:18 PM

As a pretty objective NBA fan, I disagree that Lebron's legacy can never reach Duncan/Kobe levels. The Heat are going to win championships. It's just a question of when and how many. I said earlier in the best case scenario he might be able to equal the legacy of Bird or Magic, but the more I think about it the less I believe that. At best he equals Kobe and Duncan, which is sad, because he is considerably more talented than either of them.

Curly Bill
7/9/2010, 12:24 PM
As a pretty objective NBA fan, I disagree that Lebron's legacy can never reach Duncan/Kobe levels. The Heat are going to win championships. It's just a question of when and how many. I said earlier in the best case scenario he might be able to equal the legacy of Bird or Magic, but the more I think about it the less I believe that. At best he equals Kobe and Duncan, which is sad, because he is considerably more talented than either of them.

See, this I don't see. I know the NBA is a superstar league, but as someone said last night it's still a team game. 2 superstars, one very good player, and a bunch of dudes does not a team make.

Eielson
7/9/2010, 12:54 PM
I didnt say I value anything over anything, I said he does and it is his choice, not yours or mine. There was nothing disloyal about what he did though, he honored his contract, obligation complete. This is pro sports

Do you not know the definition of disloyal or something?

Collier11
7/9/2010, 01:26 PM
He has no obligation to honor Cleveland outside of his contract which he did, he is a grown man and his obligations are to himself and his family. Just because he left Cleveland doesnt make him disloyal, its not that black n white

Eielson
7/9/2010, 01:30 PM

We'll have to see how things go, but the one thing the four greats listed in your post have in common is the fact that they won championships with the team they started with. They never bailed on their teams, they didn't make excuses, and they won. Perhaps Lebron's overall legacy will be one of the all-time greats, but his legacy as a winner will always have a bit of an asterisk by it. Like you said, this was cowardly, and if the Heat go on to to win several championships, what happened this summer will be one of the most highly remembered events of this decade. I just think it will always overshadow his championships. On the other hand, if he doesn't win championships, his legacy will take a huge hit.

I honestly don't consider these guys to be a lock for championships. Sure, the Celtics did it, but that was different. Bosh isn't near the defender that KG was, and the Cavs don't have Rondo and Perkins. Riley is going to have do an incredible job to get two guys like that on this team before next season starts. From what it looks like right now; Odom, Pau, and Bynum are going to eat Miami alive inside for the next 2-3 years. I'll have to wait and see, though. If they get somebody who can guard Kobe (so wade doesn't have to) and a center who can play defense and rebound, then I'll start to believe. Until then I won't. After those 2-3 years, who knows what will happen. I could easily see OKC developing into the better team. Maybe even Oden stays healthy and Portland becomes a league power. Anything can happen in 2-3 years, and I think it will take Miami some time to truly become a team rather than 3 great players.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 01:31 PM
Do you not know the definition of disloyal or something?

This is the dictionary definition, he fulfilled his obligation. So please explain to me how he owed Cleveland anything else

"false to one's obligations"

Eielson
7/9/2010, 01:32 PM
He has no obligation to honor Cleveland outside of his contract which he did, he is a grown man and his obligations are to himself and his family. Just because he left Cleveland doesnt make him disloyal, its not that black n white

Yup. Pretty sure you don't understand what loyalty is.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 01:35 PM
Yup. Pretty sure you don't understand what loyalty is.

This is the dictionary definition, he fulfilled his obligation. So please explain to me how he owed Cleveland anything else

"false to one's obligations"

Sometimes you try too hard and it backfires, I hate that for you :texan:

Collier11
7/9/2010, 01:37 PM
Sometimes you try too hard and it backfires, I hate that for you :texan:

And if you want to change it from disloyal to loyal your definition would be as follows

"faithfulness to commitments or obligations." So again, he fulfilled his obligations and commitments so....please explain how he is disloyal?

Sooner04
7/9/2010, 01:38 PM
We were all "WITNESS"es last night to the nuking of a legacy.

The ego of one and the amateurish yes men that make up his handlers. I just can't believe somebody didn't step in and stop the whole mess.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 01:40 PM

The ego of one and the amateurish yes men that make up his handlers. I just can't believe somebody didn't step in and stop the whole mess.

He and most "superstars" have had their knob slobbed by handlers, friends, and fans since a young age, this is the way people are nowadays unfortunately

badger
7/9/2010, 01:53 PM

It really turned out pretty bad, didn't it? When they said hour-long special, I didn't think he'd do it if he wasn't staying in Cleveland.

Then, he's like "South beach... I'm goin' to Miami!" and the rest of the "special" is showing highlights of him in Cleveland, donning a Cavs uniform from throwbacks to current, jersey popping the "Cleveland" across the front... ugggggh.

It reminded me of what a local football recruit here in Tulsa did. Booker T. Washington's colors are orange and black and the player (who I think already verballed to OSU and was considered a strong OSU lean) showed up in a Booker T. pullover, making a lot of OSU fans think that he would stick with his original commitment.

Then, he rips it off to unveil Arkansas gear and puts on an Arkansas hat.

He said afterward that his real fans would stick with him... sort of like what Bron said last night.

HBick
7/9/2010, 02:27 PM
Okay I didn't watch enough of the Knicks this past season, but did David Lee really deserve $80 mil?

ouleaf
7/9/2010, 02:29 PM
Multiple reports out saying that the 1 hour special was actually Jim Gray's idea to begin with. Gray approached LeBron during the finals and suggested he do a special and that Gray get to conduct the interview. So Jim Gray is part-doosh in this whole circus as well.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 02:45 PM
Lebron did donate all proceeds to the Boys n Girls club, so there was some unselfishness in his Vanity :D

badger
7/9/2010, 03:14 PM
Okay I didn't watch enough of the Knicks this past season, but did David Lee really deserve $80 mil?

He removed his shirt. Lady sports fans everywhere think $80 mil is too low :D

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/david-lee.jpg

:hot:

Scott D
7/9/2010, 03:29 PM
Multiple reports out saying that the 1 hour special was actually Jim Gray's idea to begin with. Gray approached LeBron during the finals and suggested he do a special and that Gray get to conduct the interview. So Jim Gray is part-doosh in this whole circus as well.

Jim Gray is 100% doosh, 100% of the time.

Scott D
7/9/2010, 03:41 PM
Let's get some facts in here and not have your brains twisted by Dan Gilbert's rant that even a tantrum throwing 4 year old would have been embarassed by.

1. Cleveland wasn't getting free agent talent period. It had 0 to do with Lebron, and 100% to do with the fact that it's Cleveland..the place is a ****hole, I've been there.. and living in Detroit, I am qualified to call a city a ****hole.

2. The NBA of now isn't the NBA of the Bird/Magic/Jordan years, so don't even bother with comparing them or David Robinson, etc to Lebron James now in terms of "loyalty". NBA Free Agency wasn't even close then to what it is now. No longer are the "major" free agent singings going to be the over the hill guy, or the journeyman guy who manages to find a job every year.

3. Loyalty....Lebron James MADE the Cleveland Cavaliers into a decent franchise again, Dan Gilbert didn't, Mike Brown's inability to coach on the fly didn't. Danny Ferry needs to be called out on what he was during his tenure there, a horrible GM. We don't have this discussion if the guy doesn't screw the pooch and convinces Carlos Boozer to stay in Cleveland instead of taking off for the green fields of Salt Lake City. He honored his original contract, he honored his extension, as Collier said, he had no obligation to stay with the Cavs. Using that argument is as dumb as if you call out someone you work with out because he leaves that job for a job with another company that is offering him the chance to move up within the company rather than remain stagnant in the office where both of you work.

4. The whole "Coward" argument. Anyone who has watched James over his career knows that he has never really wanted to be "the guy" taking the final shot in the game. That's fine, not everyone has to be "that guy" no matter how big of a name they are in the game, or how talented they may be. Wade's willing to be "that guy", so if James wants to defer to him in that moment so be it. If anything, this is going to elevate Dwayne Wade into the stratosphere, however I really doubt that it's going to change a realists position on James.

5. Miami will win their division this year, but I have my doubts in the postseason, I'd be marking 2011-12 as the year of The Heat, but they might be able to pull in a few mid level FA's at veteran minimum this year and be able to use the mid-level exception on one of them at the end of this season. The question is "Who out there is willing to take a lot less than they could potentially get this offseason for a chance to win with Wade, James, and Bosh now, and perhaps parlay that into a better deal next year?"

And fwiw, I'm still laughing at the Atlanta Hawks for overpaying Joe Johnson by like 2x his actual value at minimum.

badger
7/9/2010, 04:49 PM
So if you're looking for Fathead bargain (and those things ain't cheap), the Bosh Raptors one is selling for half off ($49 down from $99) and the Lebron Cavs ones are all selling for.... $17.41.

It is absolutely pure coincidence that 1741 was the year Benedict Arnold was born.

Further, it is absolutely pure, pure, PURE coincidence that the owner of Fathead is also the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

As in, Dan Gilbert, the guy that called Lebron a "SELF-TITLED FORMER KING" among other things.

Coincidence.

:D

HBick
7/9/2010, 05:14 PM
Anyone else think it's going to be just plain fun to watch the Heat play this year? Imagine that first match up with Boston or Orlando? Hell even Chicago in the East. It's going to be amazing, and then mix in the West, and things get even more fun.

That said, I think it's great for the West that Boozer and Amar'e are both gone. David Lee to Golden State is an interesting move and makes them a better team. So, rough look at the west now

1. Lakers
2. Dallas
3. Nuggets
4. Portland
5. Spurs
6. OKC
7. Utah
8. Kings

I'm partial to the Kings, I think they are going to be a great team in the future with the Cousins pick, and also Tyreke Evans's 2nd year in the league will be great.

HBick
7/9/2010, 05:14 PM
Anyone heard anything on Kevin Love?

Curly Bill
7/9/2010, 05:19 PM
Anyone else think it's going to be just plain fun to watch the Heat play this year? Imagine that first match up with Boston or Orlando? Hell even Chicago in the East. It's going to be amazing, and then mix in the West, and things get even more fun.

That said, I think it's great for the West that Boozer and Amar'e are both gone. David Lee to Golden State is an interesting move and makes them a better team. So, rough look at the west now

1. Lakers
2. Dallas
3. Nuggets
4. Portland
5. Spurs
6. OKC
7. Utah
8. Kings

I'm partial to the Kings, I think they are going to be a great team in the future with the Cousins pick, and also Tyreke Evans's 2nd year in the league will be great.

The whole free agent circus turned me off. Watching three of the biggest prima donas the leagues has all on the same team? Naw, not really looking forward to it.

Eielson
7/9/2010, 06:24 PM
3. ...Using that argument is as dumb as if you call out someone you work with out because he leaves that job for a job with another company that is offering him the chance to move up within the company rather than remain stagnant in the office where both of you work.

Let's just call it like it is. He turned his back on the team that invested so much into him and treated him so well, and didn't even try to make it easy on them. You can debate whether you think this was bad or not, but it was disloyalty.

4. The whole "Coward" argument. Anyone who has watched James over his career knows that he has never really wanted to be "the guy" taking the final shot in the game. That's fine, not everyone has to be "that guy" no matter how big of a name they are in the game, or how talented they may be. Wade's willing to be "that guy", so if James wants to defer to him in that moment so be it. If anything, this is going to elevate Dwayne Wade into the stratosphere, however I really doubt that it's going to change a realists position on James.

It's not really about him refusing to be "the guy." It's about this:

Michael Jordan would have never said "I'm not good enough to beat these guys." MJ would have never said "I can't beat 'em, so I'll join 'em."

And fwiw, I'm still laughing at the Atlanta Hawks for overpaying Joe Johnson by like 2x his actual value at minimum.

The laughter eventually got too painful so I quit.

JLEW1818
7/9/2010, 06:42 PM
The Rockets are a top 6 team in the West.

We were 9 without Yao

Collier11
7/9/2010, 06:43 PM
Let's get some facts in here and not have your brains twisted by Dan Gilbert's rant that even a tantrum throwing 4 year old would have been embarassed by.

1. Cleveland wasn't getting free agent talent period. It had 0 to do with Lebron, and 100% to do with the fact that it's Cleveland..the place is a ****hole, I've been there.. and living in Detroit, I am qualified to call a city a ****hole.

2. The NBA of now isn't the NBA of the Bird/Magic/Jordan years, so don't even bother with comparing them or David Robinson, etc to Lebron James now in terms of "loyalty". NBA Free Agency wasn't even close then to what it is now. No longer are the "major" free agent singings going to be the over the hill guy, or the journeyman guy who manages to find a job every year.

3. Loyalty....Lebron James MADE the Cleveland Cavaliers into a decent franchise again, Dan Gilbert didn't, Mike Brown's inability to coach on the fly didn't. Danny Ferry needs to be called out on what he was during his tenure there, a horrible GM. We don't have this discussion if the guy doesn't screw the pooch and convinces Carlos Boozer to stay in Cleveland instead of taking off for the green fields of Salt Lake City. He honored his original contract, he honored his extension, as Collier said, he had no obligation to stay with the Cavs. Using that argument is as dumb as if you call out someone you work with out because he leaves that job for a job with another company that is offering him the chance to move up within the company rather than remain stagnant in the office where both of you work.

5. Miami will win their division this year, but I have my doubts in the postseason, I'd be marking 2011-12 as the year of The Heat, but they might be able to pull in a few mid level FA's at veteran minimum this year and be able to use the mid-level exception on one of them at the end of this season. The question is "Who out there is willing to take a lot less than they could potentially get this offseason for a chance to win with Wade, James, and Bosh now, and perhaps parlay that into a better deal next year?"

BUT HE WAS MEAN TO CLEVELAND CUS EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A "GO NOWHERE" KINDA FRANCHISE AND CITY, HE OWED THEM THE REST OF HIS CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Eielson

Scott D
7/9/2010, 07:17 PM
Let's just call it like it is. He turned his back on the team that invested so much into him and treated him so well, and didn't even try to make it easy on them. You can debate whether you think this was bad or not, but it was disloyalty.

In the end, it's still a job. Plenty of people leave one place for another because of the different opportunities it provides. Just because his job is playing basketball makes it no different than any other potential opportunity for anyone else.

Besides, we know how the 'hometown savior" career long scenario works in this league. Just ask Patrick Ewing.

As for the MJ comparison thing....Let's get one thing straight on that. Jerry Krause was some sort of maniac genius...something that Danny Ferry would never be mistaken for. Anderson Varajao is no Horace Grant, and the Cavs never once had anyone who could be remotely considered a Scotty Pippen in the last 7 years. Jordan never had to leave, because they built a team around him that suited his style and needs. Without James, the Cavs have been a joke of a roster for the last 7 years. They only made the Finals in 07 because they beat a very tired Pistons team that was already tuning out Flip Saunders.

Eielson
7/9/2010, 07:59 PM
BUT HE WAS MEAN TO CLEVELAND CUS EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A "GO NOWHERE" KINDA FRANCHISE AND CITY, HE OWED THEM THE REST OF HIS CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Eielson

Don't attempt to imitate me. You're not smart enough to do it.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 08:22 PM
I know, youre so smart you argue with a dictionary, Brilliant!

Eielson
7/9/2010, 08:58 PM
I know, youre so smart you argue with a dictionary, Brilliant!

Loyalty means, "unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause." I'm not arguing with the dictionary. That is definitely not describing Lebron James' actions towards Cleveland. It's kinda sad that you were raised to believe that loyalty only lasts until the contract runs up. You'd make an awful friend.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 09:20 PM
Id hate to see you try and wiggle your way thru an actual meaningful conversation

stoops the eternal pimp
7/9/2010, 09:46 PM
the NBA is a job....he's making a lot of money with a current employer but thinks he'll be happier working for somebody else...he switches employers..not sure what the problem is

Collier11
7/9/2010, 11:13 PM
Bulls sign Korver and Redick, talk about some good shooting to go along with a great PG and a very good post player now in Boozer

Collier11
7/9/2010, 11:14 PM
Lebron agrees to a sign and trade, Cleveland gets two 1sts and two 2nds

Collier11
7/10/2010, 12:51 AM
Lebron and Bosh get 6 years and $110 mil
Wade takes 6 years and $105 mil

tulsaoilerfan
7/10/2010, 01:50 AM
He and most "superstars" have had their knob slobbed by handlers, friends, and fans since a young age, this is the way people are nowadays unfortunately

I was hoping he would have about 6 hats on a table in front of him like most HS football stars :D

tulsaoilerfan
7/10/2010, 01:52 AM
the NBA is a job....he's making a lot of money with a current employer but thinks he'll be happier working for somebody else...he switches employers..not sure what the problem is

I agree; hell i could see people being so upset if it was just a money grab, but it's not that by any means; the man left about 15 million on the table; how many people on this forum would do that?

tulsaoilerfan
7/10/2010, 01:55 AM
Lebron agrees to a sign and trade, Cleveland gets two 1sts and two 2nds

Ok call me confused now lol

Collier11
7/10/2010, 02:02 AM
Instead of just signing a free agent contract and leaving Cleveland high n dry, he agrees to a sign n trade which gives Cleveland compensation and allows him a little more money

Scott D
7/10/2010, 06:35 AM
The only good thing I can say about it on Cleveland's part is that Danny Ferry isn't there anymore to make terrible draft picks.

JLEW1818
7/10/2010, 08:28 AM
There is going to be a breakup between the 3 at some point over the next 3 years.

It's just too good to be true.

JLEW1818
7/10/2010, 09:05 AM
All these first rounders they are giving up is unreal.

tulsaoilerfan
7/10/2010, 10:40 AM
Instead of just signing a free agent contract and leaving Cleveland high n dry, he agrees to a sign n trade which gives Cleveland compensation and allows him a little more money

Oh i understand that part just never heard it mentioned as a possibility by anyone, so that kinda surprised me

tulsaoilerfan
7/10/2010, 10:41 AM
Well all 3 can opt out after 3 or 4 years; can't remember which it is and i really don't want to look it up :)

Collier11
7/10/2010, 01:30 PM
4 years

Salt City Sooner
7/10/2010, 04:13 PM
Gilbert's getting creative now. How ya REALLY feel there, Danno? :D :

addition, Fathead.com, an online retailer owned by Cavs owner Dan Gilbert dropped the price of its LeBron Fathead wall decals from $99.99 to $17.41, which happens to be the same year Revolutionary War traitor Benedict Arnold was born.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5369316

Scott D
7/10/2010, 07:09 PM
I think what pisses me off about what Gilbert has done, and continues to do is that if his name had been Mark Cuban, he'd have already gotten a call and fine from Stern's office.

If he has trouble separating Dan Gilbert the fan from Dan Gilbert the owner, then he should learn to keep his trap shut.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 02:00 AM
Gilbert is a mega doosh, what player is gonna want to play with him now knowing that he will turn against them if they leave?

the_ouskull
7/11/2010, 10:40 AM
What other player is going to be from Ohio, turn around his "home team" over the course of the better part of a decade, and then leave them high-and-dry in a dooshtastictic one-hour special?

LeBron called out Cleveland first; he called out Gilbert first. Do I think Gilbert's being juvenile? H*ll yeah, I do, and it's freakin' AWESOME! :D

the_ouskull

Scott D
7/11/2010, 01:08 PM
Gilbert is a mega doosh, what player is gonna want to play with him now knowing that he will turn against them if they leave?

To me the funniest part is that Gilbert hasn't realized that players didn't want to go there when LeBron was there, they don't want to go there now. Maybe he better fill his roster from Quicken Loans employees...or raid the FatHead Locker Room.

sooner59
7/11/2010, 01:12 PM
The one hour special was a doosh move, but "leaving them high and dry"? Yeah he was from Ohio, got drafted by Cleveland, turned the franchise around, and signed an extension a few years ago to try to bring them a title. He couldn't do it. He was always "expected" to bring Cleveland a title. He didn't choose to get drafted by them and have that put on his shoulders. Why should he "have" to stay there his whole career? I was happy to see him leave that town. Its obvious he has wanted out for a while. He appears to want to stay for his image there, not like that matters anymore. He might have won a title if he stayed, but he want several titles. It was never happening there. Special on ESPN = doosh move. Gilbert and Cavs fans burning him in effigy = bigger doosh move and unappreciative for what he gave them for 7 years.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 01:23 PM
Maybe Lebron doesnt want the weight of the world (Cleveland) on his shoulders and that doesnt make him a bad guy, he just isnt that type of person.