PDA

View Full Version : Official NBA Free Agency

Pages : 1 [2]

Sooner04
7/11/2010, 01:32 PM
Maybe Lebron doesnt want the weight of the world (Cleveland) on his shoulders and that doesnt make him a bad guy, he just isnt that type of person.
Then what exactly is he the "King" of? What exactly has "the Chosen One" been chosen to do?

Is he the "King" of ridiculous one-hour specials on ESPN?

Or was he "Chosen" along with Chris Bosh to help bring Dwyane Wade another title in Miami?

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 01:33 PM
as I've said for a long time.

His athleticism is far more impressive than his basketball skills.

Joining Wade and Bosh should help his knees

He still ran away.

MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Russell, Kareem (traded), Hakeem, Duncan, didn't have to run away.

But that's okay. Lebron will be a hall of famer, just not like some of the few elites.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 01:37 PM
And everyone of those guys that you just listed had really good players around him, no one wanted to play in Cleveland.

Why do you think Bosh said I dont want to go to Cleveland but id be happy to play with you in Miami, Cleveland is a dump

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 01:38 PM
I mean forgive my city. But who wanted to come to Houston to play?

San Antonio? who is tony parker without Duncan? Robinson was there. Duncan still got another 2 without him.

He will never be listed with the greats of greats.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 01:41 PM
Duncan had Ginobli and Parker, both really good AS caliber players.

Olajuwon had Kenny Smith, a HOFer in Drexler, a young Cassell, Otis Thorpe, Robert Horry, and Maxwell. Thats quite a team there Jlew

You cant even compare the two, not even close

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 01:48 PM
Ginobli and Parker, both drafted by the Spurs.

so its not like they were BIG AWESOME free agents that Duncan demanded!!!!!

Houston, Hakeem drafted.

Thorpe, traded to Houston.
Drexler, traded to Houston.
Kenny Smith, traded to Houston.
Maxwell, traded to Houston.

It can be done, without signing free agents, and running away. That's the point I'm making.

Houston and San Antonio are no different than Cleveland, market.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 01:49 PM
The point is, they were able to get really good players around him. The best player Gilbert put around Lebron was a washed up Shaq, a nearly washed up Jamison, and All Star Mo Williams, lol

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 01:51 PM
oh i know. Lebron was tired of waiting, and I don't blame him.

It still would have took another 2-3 years to win a ring in Cleveland. (that's my guess)

I don't blame him for going to Miami, with Wade and Bosh. It's his legacy. But it will stick. Very different than the other greats, at least how they did it.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 01:57 PM
After the dust settles, ppl will forget about the 1 hour special, no one will go play for Gilbert, and it will all come down to rings. If the Heat dont win atleast 1 ring and probably a cpl, it will look bad on Bron. If they do, he will go down as an All Time Great

Sooner04
7/11/2010, 01:59 PM
Olajuwon won his first ring without Drexler.

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 02:06 PM
After the dust settles, ppl will forget about the 1 hour special, no one will go play for Gilbert, and it will all come down to rings. If the Heat dont win atleast 1 ring and probably a cpl, it will look bad on Bron. If they do, he will go down as an All Time Great

Don't think he breaks the top 10 all time. ever.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 02:09 PM
Its all just opinion anyway, I think he would need to win 3 to make my top 10. We will see though

Collier11
7/11/2010, 02:10 PM
Still had the same core team other than him

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 02:14 PM
but u still have to look at the difference.

None of the greats went to another team. They had everything come to them (if needed). They were "the guy"

If Lebron Won in Cleveland, and then left, it changes things.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 02:17 PM
Not true on the 1st account, the 2nd, NO, it doesnt change anything. A ring is a ring, its not like he is doing it as a 36 yr old has been

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 02:18 PM
MJ did it as a 36 year old. And was still the best in the NBA. And still better than every current NBA player at that time.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 02:21 PM
That was a general statement

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 02:22 PM
I can see some of your point.

But could you name me a top 10 NBA player, who had to leave his team before winning, to join another team, in order to win a ring, while in his prime?

Shaq sticks out. But he went to LA, when Kobe was a rookie (13th pick). So i don't really consider it "running" away.

I just find it hard for the NBA to recognize Lebron as a top 10 ever, even if he wins 3 rings in Miami.

I don't know if there is another example, like Lebron to go by. ?

Collier11
7/11/2010, 02:27 PM
So if he had gone to NY with Amare would you say the same? If he had stayed in Cleveland and never won a ring you would kill him. Ultimately he did what he felt was best for him, in this case he took less money to pursue a ring with two of his friends and two really good players.

What about Garnett, he may not be top 10 but he is up there. You mentioned Shaq. What about Drexler that I just mentioned, hell, what about ARod in baseball, players do it all the time.

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 02:28 PM
Of the listed, Shaq is the only guy that could be considered top 10 ever.

KG, Pierce, and Allen could win 4 rings with Boston, and KG would still never ever ever ever be ahead of Tim Duncan.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 02:31 PM
Well listen man, if you are talking top 10 ever, thats a very limited list. Doesnt make sense to just consider who I think are the top 10 ever and I think the Garnett/Duncan question might be closer than you think. Garnett in his prime was better than Dunca in his prime IMO, problem was that he was stuck in Minnesota

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 02:31 PM
MJ
Wilt
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Russell
Duncan
Kobe
Hakeem
O
Shaq

no order, just some names to consider "Lebron" passing.

JLEW1818
7/11/2010, 02:32 PM
Well listen man, if you are talking top 10 ever, thats a very limited list. Doesnt make sense to just consider who I think are the top 10 ever

AI ? :D

Scott D
7/11/2010, 04:28 PM
Ginobli and Parker, both drafted by the Spurs.

so its not like they were BIG AWESOME free agents that Duncan demanded!!!!!

Houston, Hakeem drafted.

Thorpe, traded to Houston.
Drexler, traded to Houston.
Kenny Smith, traded to Houston.
Maxwell, traded to Houston.

It can be done, without signing free agents, and running away. That's the point I'm making.

Houston and San Antonio are no different than Cleveland, market.

Once again, The Cavs GM "WAS" Danny Ferry...the guy was completely awful as a GM. In fact, the only competent move he ever made in his tenure was drafting LeBron James which to be honest, a lobotomized chimp could have managed to not screw up. What move did Ferry ever make that would give anyone a clue that there was a shot that the Cavs would be true blue scary legitimate contenders?

Collier11
7/12/2010, 02:18 AM
Suns make a few moves...

Hedo Turkoglu from the Raptors for Barbosa and Dwayne Jones

Rights to Josh Childress from Atlanta/Greece

Eielson
7/12/2010, 06:53 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

Rev. Jesse Jackson managed a way to call this racism. Shock!

Eielson
7/12/2010, 06:55 AM
Suns make a few moves...

Hedo Turkoglu from the Raptors for Barbosa and Dwayne Jones

Rights to Josh Childress from Atlanta/Greece

The Suns sure know how to make their team no fun to watch. D'antoni, Marion, Stoudemire, and now Barbosa...

JohnnyMack
7/12/2010, 01:08 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2010/07/340x_picture_3.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
7/12/2010, 01:50 PM
Maybe Lebron doesnt want the weight of the world (Cleveland) on his shoulders and that doesnt make him a bad guy, he just isnt that type of person.

i think its pretty obvious that he doesnt wanna be that guy...the guy to carry the weight, the guy to take the last second shot, the guy to build around....

His make up is just different than guys like Kobe and MJ...they didnt wanna play with the elite, they wanted to beat them

Collier11
7/12/2010, 01:52 PM
I think another big difference is the way that most athletes these days are, all buddy buddy. Hell, even when I was playing I hated my opponents, now they all hang out after games and during the off-season.

Curly Bill
7/12/2010, 02:04 PM
I think another big difference is the way that most athletes these days are, all buddy buddy. Hell, even when I was playing I hated my opponents, now they all hang out after games and during the off-season.

Yup. Not a big fan of this, but I definitely agree with ya.

the_ouskull
7/12/2010, 02:51 PM

I hate my opponents AND teammates, even now. I love sports.

the_ouskull

Collier11
7/12/2010, 10:13 PM
Derek Fisher back to the Lakers
Tyson Chandler to the Raptors
Heat sign Haslem and are close to signing Mike Miller

JohnnyMack
7/13/2010, 11:26 AM
http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-james-is-a-**********?skyline=true&s=i

Collier11
7/13/2010, 02:40 PM
Looks like the Heat are gonna sign Ilgauskas

Serge Ibaka
7/13/2010, 02:41 PM
Looks like the Heat are gonna sign Ilgauskas

I'm looking forward to Gilbert's firey-email about Big Z.

Solid signing though. Miami is getting scarier.

Collier11
7/13/2010, 02:44 PM
So far

Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Ilgauskas
Haslem
Mike Miller...

not sure if they are gonna go after a true PG or just play Wade and Bron there, that is the interesting part to me

Scott D
7/13/2010, 03:54 PM
eh, either chalmers at the point or lebron plays the point, wade's definitely going to be the 2, and getting Z allows them to play Bosh at the 3 or 4, be interesting to see if he's quick enough to guard other 3's.

JohnnyMack
7/13/2010, 03:56 PM
I hope the Lakers sign Raja Bell and Raja clotheslines LBJ like he did to Kobe back in the day.

HBick
7/13/2010, 04:26 PM
The Heat still have to play as a team, which I have no doubt will happen. It just sucks because if they do turn into what people fear (winning it every year) it might drive other elite players to do the same thing.

Collier11
7/13/2010, 04:31 PM
I hope the Lakers sign Raja Bell and Raja clotheslines LBJ like he did to Kobe back in the day.

Yea because Lebron isnt way bigger and stronger than Kobe

JohnnyMack
7/13/2010, 04:35 PM
Yea because Lebron isnt way bigger and stronger than Kobe

Hey, I can dream.

Collier11
7/13/2010, 04:36 PM
Im just sayin, if you want someone to take a hard shot on Lebron it needs to be someone bigger than Bell :D

ouleaf
7/13/2010, 04:44 PM
Im just sayin, if you want someone to take a hard shot on Lebron it needs to be someone bigger than Bell :D

Unless Bell pulls off one of those flying kicks to the chest like that Dutch guy did against Spain.

Collier11
7/13/2010, 04:47 PM
ooooh, it would be SO ON then

Eielson
7/13/2010, 05:08 PM

Artest could easily take him out.

Collier11
7/13/2010, 05:13 PM
Thats funny, Lebron is a big man...bigger than ron ron

yankee
7/13/2010, 06:15 PM
Artest could easily take him out.

artest would rather go at fans in the stands.

the_ouskull
7/13/2010, 09:22 PM

Sometimes it's not the size of the dog, but... wait, I f*cked that up. Ron Artest is f*cking crazy. Total Tyson Zone. There, that's better.

the_ouskull

Eielson
7/13/2010, 09:24 PM

250>260?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lebron_james/

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ron_artest/

Collier11
7/13/2010, 10:05 PM
I guess youve never seen them next to each other, Lebron looks much stronger. Of course, you never know how any NBA guy can fight, ive seen some look like big ol weenies including Kobe.

Eielson
7/13/2010, 10:44 PM
I guess youve never seen them next to each other, Lebron looks much stronger. Of course, you never know how any NBA guy can fight, ive seen some look like big ol weenies including Kobe.

It doesn't matter if Lebron is bigger. Ron Artest would win in a fight, and it's not even much of a question. I'm not going to try to change your opinion though, seeing as you're the biggest Lebron lover on this site.

Curly Bill
7/13/2010, 10:45 PM
I think Artest would likely rip Bron's head off and hand it to him.

...and I'd pay to see that. :D

Collier11
7/13/2010, 10:48 PM
It doesn't matter if Lebron is bigger. Ron Artest would win in a fight, and it's not even much of a question. I'm not going to try to change your opinion though, seeing as you're the biggest Lebron lover on this site.

Oh man, Eielson says I love Lebron, oh man...I guess I must.

Back to the topic at hand, I think Lebron looks much stronger than Artest. Hell, Artest didnt really look like he could fight all that well against Ben Wallace or against the Piston fans.

Eielson
7/13/2010, 11:02 PM
Hell, Artest didnt really look like he could fight all that well against Ben Wallace or against the Piston fans.

Geez, could you show your Lebron love anymore? Are you really going to use an incident in which Artest did not throw a single punch to justify that Artest can't fight?

Collier11
7/13/2010, 11:12 PM
Not sure what point you are trying to prove but as usual, you are failing. The arguments you start and the disagreements you have on this board remind me so much of arguing sports with a girl who knows little about sports.

"C11s a Lebron Lover, C11s a Lebron lover"...good grief you are lame

The time that I saw Ben Wallace go after Artest, Artest cowered away. My statement is based on fact, not any love of Lebron. And if you need to know my exact feelings on Lebron, I posted them in a previous thread when you were acting a fool about this retarded topic, go back and read them

Eielson
7/13/2010, 11:29 PM
I love Lebron!

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1900/thslapdm9.gif

Collier11
7/13/2010, 11:34 PM
youre a girl arent you

Eielson
7/14/2010, 12:27 AM
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7932/4funnyig6.gif

Collier11
7/14/2010, 12:33 AM