PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win the CWS?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/25/2010, 08:29 PM
I'm going with So. Carolina. It would be the best thing for us if they did. Hell, if TCU can beat UCLA, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

bri
6/25/2010, 09:17 PM
TCU.

6/25/2010, 09:23 PM
TCU.They're in our recruiting area. That doesn't bother you?

6/25/2010, 10:34 PM
You GO, you nasty old Gamecocks! One more out to go. SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC! Yeah, baby, beat them orange aggy!RAH RAH RAH, GAMECOCKS!!!

2 hitter for Michael Roth. A pitcher who never went more than 4 1/3 innings, WENT THE DISTANCE!

Nasty old Gamecocks vs Low Country orange aggy round 2, tomorrow, no?

Eielson
6/25/2010, 10:39 PM
TCU.

6/25/2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I know they're(TCU) a sentimental preference, but I don't pull for teams in OU's recruiting area. I want UCLA vs those nasty old Gamecocks in the finals. But, you GO AHEAD AND ROOT FOR THE (MAYBE) NEW MEMBER OF THE BIG 12/NEW SWC..

Eielson
6/26/2010, 01:59 AM
TCU beat Texas.

CaliBornSoonerBred
6/26/2010, 09:04 AM
It's hard for me to pull for So Carolina or Clemson bc I feel we gave away both games in a way and I know we could have won both games. I don't like pulling for teams in our recruiting area but I'm going to have to go with TCU.

6/26/2010, 11:24 AM
TCU beat Texas.We're not changing each other's minds. I didn't really expect to.

Collier11
6/26/2010, 11:32 AM
TCU, baseball recruiting is much diff than any other sport and I dont think it is that big of a deal that they are close

6/26/2010, 04:07 PM
UCLA is putting it on TCU in the Sat morning-afternoon game. It's in the 7th or 8th, with UCLA leading by 5(OUCH!)

tulsaoilerfan
6/26/2010, 04:17 PM
None of the above; wish it could somehow end in a tie

jadubya
6/26/2010, 04:28 PM
UCLA. They are just flat out better than anybody else. It would make me puke if Clemson were to advance....since we GAVE that game away. USC beat us fair and square. We beat TCU twice.....and I don't need them becoming a baseball powerhouse in our backyard. We already lose too many kids to Wichita State to the North......

Eielson
6/26/2010, 04:43 PM
It would make me puke if Clemson were to advance....since we GAVE that game away. USC beat us fair and square.

How did we give the Clemson game away and not the USC game?

6/26/2010, 05:14 PM
UCLA. They are just flat out better than anybody else. It would make me puke if Clemson were to advance....since we GAVE that game away. USC beat us fair and square. We beat TCU twice.....and I don't need them becoming a baseball powerhouse in our backyard. We already lose too many kids to Wichita State to the North......Buh bye, hornytoads! UCLA would be my second favorite, after So. Carolina. I don't want Clemson, since a)we never beat them, and b)they are aggy

StoopTroup
6/26/2010, 05:36 PM
It would be the best thing for us if they did.

How so?

bri
6/26/2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I know they're(TCU) a sentimental preference, but I don't pull for teams in OU's recruiting area. I want UCLA vs those nasty old Gamecocks in the finals. But, you GO AHEAD AND ROOT FOR THE (MAYBE) NEW MEMBER OF THE BIG 12/NEW SWC..

Have you ever actually LOOKED at our roster? We recruit California way more than Texas.

Sooner95
6/26/2010, 08:34 PM
I really do not care, but if I had to pick..then SC..

jadubya
6/26/2010, 09:29 PM
How did we give the Clemson game away and not the USC game?

Clemson game: 3 runs scored off of 3 walks; 2 runs scored from missed flyball in left field. Final score: Clemson 6 - OU 4

The Clemson loss makes me sick.

South Carolina beat us fair and square. They flat out got the hits when they had to have them......we did not....they win. Scoreboard.

Glad that USC won against Clemson since the Tigers didn't deserve to be in that spot anyway.

6/27/2010, 01:36 AM
Have you ever actually LOOKED at our roster? We recruit California way more than Texas.Point taken! Must be them Grapes of Wrath Okies, coming back home to play in front of their distant relatives, huh? YOU GO, Nasty Old Gamecocks!!! Beat those Hollyweird surfer-boys!

Collier11
6/27/2010, 01:39 AM
Weve had a Cali pipeline since Cochell

JLEW1818
6/27/2010, 08:24 AM
not pulling for either team.

but gotta like the underdog South Carolina...

setem
6/27/2010, 12:01 PM
UCLA they are awesome!

Okla-homey
6/27/2010, 03:49 PM
GO C0CKS!

6/27/2010, 04:35 PM
SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH RAH RAH RAH RAH

GamecockSkip
6/28/2010, 02:44 PM
Carolina of course.

6/28/2010, 02:59 PM
Carolina of course.Is East Carolina east of Coastal Carolina? and how far north or south is either of them?(yeah, I don't want to have to look it up)

virginiasooner
6/28/2010, 03:54 PM
UCLA
Go Bruins!!!

6/28/2010, 07:59 PM
Wholly smokes, the Dirty Cocks are roughing up the Hollyweird Bears. 5-0 in the 4th inning! Stroke-Em, cocks!

6/28/2010, 08:45 PM
COCKS!!!

Sooner95
6/29/2010, 06:11 AM
Their pitching has been top notch.

Okla-homey
6/29/2010, 06:47 AM
It would be so cool if Oregon State were in the CWS this year as they have been many times this decade. Think about it; Cocks v. Beavers. :D

acphilson
6/29/2010, 09:20 AM
It would be so cool if Oregon State were in the CWS this year as they have been many times this decade. Think about it; Cocks v. Beavers. :D

Those Cocks would have stuck it those Beavers I think...

GO COCKS....1 more.... It will be our first ever National Title in any of the 3 major sports....so this will be huge if we can win this.

By the way, you guys played great....I was surprised at how good your team really was...hated to see you lose that game against clemsux.....but you should be real proud of that team of yours.

6/29/2010, 12:26 PM
Those Cocks would have stuck it those Beavers I think...

GO COCKS....1 more.... It will be our first ever National Title in any of the 3 major sports....so this will be huge if we can win this.

By the way, you guys played great....I was surprised at how good your team really was...hated to see you lose that game against clemsux.....but you should be real proud of that team of yours.If you guys win, you can send us half the trophy, since we split with you, and were Bibled in the game you won against us.

6/30/2010, 12:19 AM
GAMECOCKS!...SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

CONGRATS!

King Crimson
6/30/2010, 04:30 AM
i liked UCLA's pitching going in, but frickin SC. you have to give them credit....but they are one Duke strike from going home and the Sooners moving on. ****ers.

Spurticus
6/30/2010, 05:27 AM
i liked UCLA's pitching going in, but frickin SC. you have to give them credit....but they are one Duke strike from going home and the Sooners moving on. ****ers.

Going into the Regionals, I would have said that just making it to Omaha
would have been big for us (that was the team goal this year). We played
pretty solid all year long, but hit a really bad slump about a week before
the end of the season. Lost a chance at the Eastern Conf. Title to Florida
in that final series with them, then lost two straight in the SEC Tourney.
While that was happening, Clemson started heating up at exactly the same
time we got cold. Both of us made the CWS in the same bracket, and after
we lost to the sooners in the fist game, and Clemson won against ASU, I
really wasn't liking the way it stacked up for us to win it. . . .The team
just sort of got back to mid season form after that loss to OU. We had a
different guy step up each game to play a key role in each game. Our
pitching had been good all year, but that part of the team really stepped
it up after that loss in the first round. Kept us in it so one of our guys could
come through with the game winner. . .. And the fact that we took Clemson
out twice back to back made this run all the more sweeter. I think after
we beat OU to get to Clemson the team started to realize they were good
enough to win it all. Started playing like each game was the title game, and
finally ended in a Championship for Tanner and the Yardcocks. I'm just
glad I lived long enough to see a major sports title won by the Gamecocks.
Hope I can see a few more before I take the permanent vacation, but this
one was special !

King Crimson
6/30/2010, 05:37 AM
Going into the Regionals, I would have said that just making it to Omaha
would have been big for us (that was the team goal this year). We played
pretty solid all year long, but hit a really bad slump about a week before
the end of the season. Lost a chance at the Eastern Conf. Title to Florida
in that final series with them, then lost two straight in the SEC Tourney.
While that was happening, Clemson started heating up at exactly the same
time we got cold. Both of us made the CWS in the same bracket, and after
we lost to the sooners in the fist game, and Clemson won against ASU, I
really wasn't liking the way it stacked up for us to win it. . . .The team
just sort of got back to mid season form after that loss to OU. We had a
different guy step up each game to play a key role in each game. Our
pitching had been good all year, but that part of the team really stepped
it up after that loss in the first round. Kept us in it so one of our guys could
come through with the game winner. . .. And the fact that we took Clemson
out twice back to back made this run all the more sweeter. I think after
we beat OU to get to Clemson the team started to realize they were good
enough to win it all. Started playing like each game was the title game, and
finally ended in a Championship for Tanner and the Yardcocks. I'm just
glad I lived long enough to see a major sports title won by the Gamecocks.
Hope I can see a few more before I take the permanent vacation, but this
one was special !

i congrats you guys, great wins. with all respect here, i'm not sure who you are talking to in this post. you are one strike away from losing to Oklahoma for the second time (you split with us, yo) and the team of destiny stuff and Clemson hate/love is a little goofy on our board.

congrats on the championship, big ups.

badger
6/30/2010, 09:07 AM
Congrats to Spurt and any other Gamecocks that might be lurking. We'll get you next year. :)

acphilson
6/30/2010, 09:15 AM
Whats all this split stuff? Come on... We were the last team standing. I really dont have a problem that we lost a game to your team, cause you guys are good, and I have a lot of respect for the Sooner program. But its our day today, and We are National Champions, which is great, because I never thought I would see it while I lived.

Anyway, not a normal poster here, I come here for the legendary Farks you guys are known for.. But you guys have a great baseball team, and am glad we found some way in hell to get past you. Good luck next year Sooners, and please, beat that Urnge team down every chance you get, cause we all know, Urnge is the ugliest damn color on the planet.

Harry Beanbag
6/30/2010, 09:30 AM
Gamecocks allowed an average of 2.28 runs per game, pretty incredible. You're gonna win the CWS every time doing that. Congrats.

badger
6/30/2010, 10:30 AM
Urnge is the ugliest damn color on the planet.

Urnge? That's awesome. I am going to have to remember that this October and November :D

Spurticus
6/30/2010, 02:28 PM
Gamecocks allowed an average of 2.28 runs per game, pretty incredible. You're gonna win the CWS every time doing that. Congrats.

Yeah, kinda sux that none of our pitchers made the all tournament team ?!?!
Heard today that it was only the second time a team won the CWS from the loser's bracket, and the first time any team had won it after losing the first game of the tourney. . . Tanner and his guys have a lot to be proud of.

Boomer.....
6/30/2010, 02:51 PM
Congrats to Spurt and any other Gamecocks that might be lurking. We'll get you next year. :)

This!

Eielson
6/30/2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.ourkitchensink.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/south-carolina-cheerleaders.jpg

badger
6/30/2010, 05:53 PM
http://americasbestonline.net/sc72a1.jpg
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/scar/graphics/fans800x600.gif
http://www.americasbestonline.com/south%20carolina1.jpg
Of course, So Car fans have probably already seen all of these :D

acphilson
7/1/2010, 09:05 AM
Urnge? That's awesome. I am going to have to remember that this October and November :D

Yeah bro. I refuse to even acknowledge that color. So I call it Urnge. I wont even drink Urnge juice, I hate Urnge that bad. Its the ugliest damn color in the universe, and it should be outlawed. I hate Urnge so bad, that if Al'qeada were to attack say....an Urnge team's campus (lets say OSU or Clemtech University) and blow up their stadium, I would probably cheer for those bastards. I hate Urnge that much. If I ever threw up, and it came out Urnge colored, I would probably slit my own throat and gouge out my own eyes.

By the way, thanks for the congrats, and no, I dont want to see you next year. I didnt like seeing you guys this year. Your team is that good, trust me.

badger
7/1/2010, 09:09 AM
I hate Urnge so bad, that if Al'qeada were to attack say....an Urnge team's campus (lets say OSU or Clemtech University) and blow up their stadium, I would probably cheer for those bastards.

Ah yes... NP my husband has a phrase for games where you don't want either team to win (like USC/Texas title game a few years ago). We're rooting for the terrorists ;)

Post more often. SEC fans are fun during football season.

acphilson
7/1/2010, 09:52 AM
Ah yes... NP my husband has a phrase for games where you don't want either team to win (like USC/Texas title game a few years ago). We're rooting for the terrorists ;)

Post more often. SEC fans are fun during football season.

I love this site, trust me. I visit often, but dont post much. Your fark boards are legendary, and often get my dumbass in trouble at work, from laughing so hard. Usually people come by, and are like....dude, WTF is so damn funny...then I show them, and some get the whole "fark" thing, and others are like....well, people that wear Urnge....just losers.

When you refer to the USC/Texas game, that "MY USC, from 2002 CWS?" or that poser school out west, that has my personal hero, Lane Kiffin as head coach? And yes, I think Lane Kiffin IS THE MAN....

Why you say??? Sure, I know he is a ****** nozzle, but he totally embarrassed the crap out of UcheaT in Knoxville...and guess what color that team sports???? You got it.... URNGE. I hate them too. Bunch of arrogant damn hillbillies. Anyway, gotta show Kiffin the love, for making UcheaT look like a bunch of idiots.

Also, never a huge OK fan....sorry, am on the East Coast...but when Bob Stoops came to OK, well, Im a Stoops fan, so that makes me a OK fan too I suppose. Weird huh?

Eielson
7/1/2010, 10:27 AM
Orange is a secondary color anyway. Losers.

badger
7/1/2010, 10:30 AM
When you refer to the USC/Texas game, that "MY USC, from 2002 CWS?" or that poser school out west, that has my personal hero, Lane Kiffin as head coach? And yes, I think Lane Kiffin IS THE MAN....

so sorry to admit that usually when referring to USC around here, it is Southern Cal, not South Carolina, but will try to make the distinction in the future. I was referring to the football game where Vince Young single handedly pwn3d carroll and his clan of cheaters.

you SEC'ers... aside from Rocky Top of course, must love Kiffiekins now... after a year of hating, a lifetime of love. Bawwwwwww :D

As for the Stoops love, I think most OU fans like Spurrier as well, because he's like Stoops' visor daddy or something. You guys really need to go out and win the SEC this year. Just... win em all. Fun and Gun, tricky plays, whatever, just beat EVERYONE. Then, we can have this fun conversation again in late December

acphilson
7/2/2010, 09:54 AM
so sorry to admit that usually when referring to USC around here, it is Southern Cal, not South Carolina, but will try to make the distinction in the future. I was referring to the football game where Vince Young single handedly pwn3d carroll and his clan of cheaters.

you SEC'ers... aside from Rocky Top of course, must love Kiffiekins now... after a year of hating, a lifetime of love. Bawwwwwww :D

As for the Stoops love, I think most OU fans like Spurrier as well, because he's like Stoops' visor daddy or something. You guys really need to go out and win the SEC this year. Just... win em all. Fun and Gun, tricky plays, whatever, just beat EVERYONE. Then, we can have this fun conversation again in late December

I know about the USC thing....just poking around there. Back here, USC only means South Carolina. Funny thing is, the other USC has claimed rights in a California Court no less, to the USC and SC logos....WTF, cant have it both ways dammit. Sigh....anyway....

So true about Kiffin....love to hate him, but love what he did to UcheaT.

Stoops actually came to one of our games last year, cant recall which one, and gave our team a pep talk...and that was HUGE believe it or not, because Stoops and OK are well respected and established. So he garnered a lot of love from us REAL USC fans, both for him, and the OK program. I always find myself pulling for you guys now, no matter who you play....just dont play us...

Winning the SEC? Ugggh.....thats a tall tall order...when you have the likes of Florida and Bama lurking around. Those are two smash mouth football teams that are just plain tough. But, then again.....you never know... dont worry about us though, you just smack down any team that wears Urnge, and we will try to do the same....because we all know, that is damn ugliest color ever.....EVER.

By the way, did I mention how much I hate teams that wear Urnge? Not sure I have or not...