6/23/2010, 08:06 PM
I count 6 guys:

RB - Malcolm Brown
RB - Aaron Green
TE - Austin Sefarian Jenkins
DT - Quincy Russell
DE - Jemauria Rasco
LB - Anthony Wallace

I say UT closes with Brown, Sef-Jenkins and Russell (maybe Green too). OU closes with Wallace. LSU gets Rasco. Thoughts?

HBick
6/23/2010, 11:35 PM
I thought Sefarian-Jenkins was high on the Gators? Honestly I quit following him after the Barnett commit but we know how that turned out.

Aaron Green is looking Nebbish right? Or did the recent conference realignment change his tune? Although he could terrorize the Big 10 in my opinion.

I like Wallace, and think he'd flourish in Coach V's defense.

But I don't really think Sefarian-Jenkins is a battle between OU and Texas, I'd say that'd be between the Horns and SEC country. Although one would have to think that Sark at UDub would be a dark horse, he's doing big things up there.

Herr Scholz
6/23/2010, 11:56 PM
I thought Sefarian-Jenkins was high on the Gators? Honestly I quit following him after the Barnett commit but we know how that turned out.
He came out of nowhere begging for a UT offer. Took our coaches off guard because we already picked up MJ McFarland out of El Paso. We weren't looking for another TE. He's obviously too good to pass up though. He's coming next month with his Mom and has already as much said he'll commit on the spot with an offer. Supposedly the #1 TE in the country. We usually don't recruit Washington state.

Aaron Green is looking Nebbish right? Or did the recent conference realignment change his tune? Although he could terrorize the Big 10 in my opinion.
I don't think it's a huge factor with him plus his brother plays for the corn shuckers. Actually, he and Malcolm Brown have been talking more and more about being a lightning and thunder pair at UT.

I like Wallace, and think he'd flourish in Coach V's defense.
He's probably yours. You guys have a pipeline into Skyline for sure.

HBick
6/24/2010, 05:18 PM
He came out of nowhere begging for a UT offer. Took our coaches off guard because we already picked up MJ McFarland out of El Paso. We weren't looking for another TE. He's obviously too good to pass up though. He's coming next month with his Mom and has already as much said he'll commit on the spot with an offer. Supposedly the #1 TE in the country. We usually don't recruit Washington state.

Playing in National Title games makes this a much more common occurrence. He certainly looks to fit the Jermaine mold, but personally I don't know if anyone will be able to be as good as he was. Combination of freak athletic ability and the no huddle implemented in 2007 benefited him tremendously.

I don't think it's a huge factor with him plus his brother plays for the corn shuckers. Actually, he and Malcolm Brown have been talking more and more about being a lightning and thunder pair at UT.

Interesting, although I have a hard time believing they would both go to the same school, but we shall see.

He's probably yours. You guys have a pipeline into Skyline for sure.

That pipeline is a big deal that gets mentioned more and more these days. Not knocking it in any way, but I'd really like to see more activity in Houston. A&M, Horns, LSU, and even OSU recruits fairly well in Houston.

KiiDSooNER
6/24/2010, 06:58 PM
Out of those 6 guys, there aren't any battles IMO. Brown/Green = no because we already have Brandon Williams, ASJ = no because we haven't been recruiting him hard, Quincy Russell = no because we already have 3 DT commits, Rasco = no because we haven't been recruiting him hard either. Anthony Wallace could be a battle, but I never pictured him going to Texas, especially with their recent LB commits.

Tigeman
6/24/2010, 09:58 PM
Brown's already eliminated OU. So no battle there. That's a battle between *, Bama, and can't remember who the 3rd he listed was. I wanna say FSU for some reason. BUT that being said, it's a battle between * and Bama.

Tigeman
6/24/2010, 10:17 PM
Well apparently I've been smoking some crack b/c I can't find the source I found that info about OU being eliminated. Hmmmmm, So ignore what I said...lol.

EDIT: NVM.... knew I wasn't on crack. Found it.... http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1096051

HBick
6/25/2010, 11:14 AM
I think Brown is in the unique position of being able to go where ever he wants, he can pretty much do whatever he wants and will push for starting time as a freshman

Mad Dog Madsen
6/25/2010, 11:56 AM
I think Brown is in the unique position of being able to go where ever he wants, he can pretty much do whatever he wants and will push for starting time as a freshman

I heard the same about Bryce Brown last year. That didn't work out so well. ...Where did he transfer to anyways???

oudavid1
6/25/2010, 02:14 PM
I heard the same about Bryce Brown last year. That didn't work out so well. ...Where did he transfer to anyways???

He actually hasnt decided yet, hes still welcome at "The Real UT" though

Go Vols!

Herr Scholz
6/25/2010, 03:27 PM
Brown's already eliminated OU. So no battle there. That's a battle between *, Bama, and can't remember who the 3rd he listed was. I wanna say FSU for some reason. BUT that being said, it's a battle between * and Bama.

Yeah, Brown's down to us, Bama and FSU. We're supposed to be in the lead but his trip to Bama this past week was a good one. Still think we get him in August.

Green's down to us, Cal, Nebraska and FSU. His recruitment is supposed to go into the Fall but our stock is rising.

Tigeman
6/25/2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah, Brown's down to us, Bama and FSU. We're supposed to be in the lead but his trip to Bama this past week was a good one. Still think we get him in August.

Green's down to us, Cal, Nebraska and FSU. His recruitment is supposed to go into the Fall but our stock is rising.

See I don't know where you guys are getting this that your in the lead? I've been hearing from a VERY close source that Bama's in the lead. His visit just put them out further.

Consider his statements after his visit with you guys, as just "Ho Hum", and it leads credit to my statement.

I wouldn't trust your TX recruiting insiders... they're gonna blow sunshine up your you know where!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/26/2010, 04:04 PM
Herr; what is/was the conventional wisdom in Gaystin re why the baseball cows couldn't beat TCU in Gaystin, to advance.

KiiDSooNER
6/27/2010, 09:46 PM
Well, looks like Quincy Russell has recommitted back to Texas.

Herr Scholz
6/28/2010, 03:37 PM
See I don't know where you guys are getting this that your in the lead? I've been hearing from a VERY close source that Bama's in the lead. His visit just put them out further.

That's just what I've been hearing. His quotes I've seen have been nothing but positive toward UT and he's talked openly about he and Green playing together in Austin. We'll know soon enough though.

Herr Scholz
6/28/2010, 03:38 PM
Herr; what is/was the conventional wisdom in Gaystin re why the baseball cows couldn't beat TCU in Gaystin, to advance.

TCU was better and our bats were inconsistent. They deserved to go.

Herr Scholz
6/28/2010, 03:39 PM
Well, looks like Quincy Russell has recommitted back to Texas.

:D Can't ever have enough of talented bigs in the middle.

BillyBall
6/28/2010, 03:44 PM
3 posts in a row, if you start answering your own comments I'm going to get worried...

Herr Scholz
6/28/2010, 04:14 PM
Just trying to cover all the comments directed toward me in a single drive by.

goingoneight
6/28/2010, 04:58 PM
Keep working on your drive bys and you might make the football team. :P

KiiDSooNER
6/28/2010, 06:50 PM
How much schollies does Texas have left?

6/28/2010, 07:23 PM
Just trying to cover all the comments directed toward me in a single drive by.This entire thread was a drive-by on your part. We are duly impressed by your cows' ability to recruit in their home state. haha.

Herr Scholz
6/29/2010, 10:42 AM
How much schollies does Texas have left?

Looks like 3 more to 25 total.

Tigeman
7/6/2010, 06:00 PM
So I'm laughing because SuC believes Wallace is theirs after his and Chris Barnett's visit. Even if they did make an unofficial trip over to UCLA while there. Gotta love that they believe it's between them and * for Wallace.

Boy those guys are optimistic. You can eliminate their football program and they'd still think they were getting every 4 and 5* recruit that visits. LOL. As for what they think about OU's chances..... they believe we're a far far far dark horse in the Wallace race. LOL. Gotta love that, considering everyone here and in TX thinks he's ours.

Curly Bill
7/6/2010, 10:44 PM
Every fanbase thinks every recruit that visits is gonna be their's, they just can't see how anyone in their right mind would choose to go elsewhere. OU fans are as guilty of it as any.

Ruf/Nek7
7/7/2010, 12:15 AM
:eek: Doesnt matter where green or brown go...i hope they both go to texass if you ask me. I could see it now, brown arrested for assualting green bc he was sleeping with his hoe and sipping his jamarcus russell drink! OU got their guy in Williams....just another solid RB to add to OUr collection!

Tigeman
7/7/2010, 12:16 AM
Very Very true. However most of us aren't naive enough to eliminate a school like Texas if they are considered the front runner.

oudavid1
7/7/2010, 02:42 AM
Comes down to coaching, "Advantage Stoops and Sooners"

7/7/2010, 11:19 AM
Comes down to coaching, "Advantage Stoops and Sooners"...and, officiating. Score for the cows on that one.

HBick
7/7/2010, 11:49 AM
Anyone care to give a little more detail on the Wallace USC visit?

Herr Scholz
7/14/2010, 03:23 PM

Consider his statements after his visit with you guys, as just "Ho Hum", and it leads credit to my statement.

I wouldn't trust your TX recruiting insiders... they're gonna blow sunshine up your you know where!
Brown is back on the UT campus today but his coach said not to expect a commitment. I'm banking on his mother's reported preference for the Horns to help us win out in the end. Man we need this guy.

http://texas.rivals.com/default.asp

ddub0224
7/14/2010, 04:39 PM
It makes sense for him to go there...he has the best chance to start since they don't have an elite back (and haven't in years).

Tigeman
7/14/2010, 04:46 PM
It makes sense for him to go there...he has the best chance to start since they don't have an elite back (and haven't in years).

Yeah, but Ingram leaves Bama after this year for the NFL. That leaves Brown and Richardson as their tandem, then Richardson leaves the following year.

Herr Scholz
7/14/2010, 04:57 PM
Just the last couple. Jamaal Charles rushed for 1,600 yards in '07 and had another 200 receiving.

Sabanball
7/17/2010, 10:00 AM
I think Malc Brown will be a tough pull for us, but I think Bama has a shot and don't count us out just yet. If he wants to play in a spread O then by all means he is better off going to Texas. OTOH, if he wants to carry the rock 20 times a game and go to the NFL in 3 yrs he should probably come to Tuscaloosa.

7/19/2010, 01:30 AM
Here's some Top Quality posting from some similar quality Cows' fan:

Originally Posted by cherrylimeade
Your penis envy always makes me smile. Who's your Big XII Daddy?

RLIMC: Could you be a bit more explicit?[/QUOTE
Cherrylimeade:You just appear to obsess on Texas and all that comes with it. I just find it amusing....

RLIMC: What do you make of the fuc*ing OU gets by the refs every year in the RRS, even when we win? I would expect you find it amusing, too.

Cherrylimeade: Come on Rush... you can do better than that, can't you? That is so damn lame. O U SOONER CRYBABIES. Somebody always does you wrong.... You guys are a bunch of titty babies.........you being one of the biggest ones. Grow you some balls, boy!

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 02:00 AM
Here's some Top Quality posting from some similar quality Cows' fan:

Originally Posted by cherrylimeade
Your penis envy always makes me smile. Who's your Big XII Daddy?

RLIMC: Could you be a bit more explicit?[/QUOTE
Cherrylimeade:You just appear to obsess on Texas and all that comes with it. I just find it amusing....

RLIMC: What do you make of the fuc*ing OU gets by the refs every year in the RRS, even when we win? I would expect you find it amusing, too.

Cherrylimeade: Come on Rush... you can do better than that, can't you? That is so damn lame. O U SOONER CRYBABIES. Somebody always does you wrong.... You guys are a bunch of titty babies.........you being one of the biggest ones. Grow you some balls, boy!

When texas (WHO DOES EVERYTHING BETTER THAN OU, RIGHT?) has 7 national championships.....they complain. Get like US!

Herr Scholz
7/19/2010, 10:56 AM
If he wants to play in a spread O then by all means he is better off going to Texas. OTOH, if he wants to carry the rock 20 times a game and go to the NFL in 3 yrs he should probably come to Tuscaloosa.
UT coaches know how to run the ball and develop talent. See: Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson and Jamaal Charles (all of whom had 1,000 yards in the NFL last season). We ran the spread with VY and Colt but that's not our offense this year. We tailor the offense around the talent we have.

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 03:43 PM
UT coaches know how to run the ball and develop talent. See: Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson and Jamaal Charles (all of whom had 1,000 yards in the NFL last season). We ran the spread with VY and Colt but that's not our offense this year. We tailor the offense around the talent we have.

That goes without saying, which really sucks for OU when we shut down Shipley(09) and all of the sudden (look over there!!!) there goes Goodwin (expletive)

Sabanball
7/19/2010, 04:12 PM
Everybody claims to build their team and game plan around there talent, but given the kind of downhill, brutal runner that Malcolm Brown is I really do think he would thrive more in our scheme than with either one of your teams. With the Gilbert kid and your corps of receivers, you guys are going to remain a pass first team for the foreseeable future, as are the Sooners. All that being said, in the end I see this being Dre Kirkpatrick in reverse from last year and MB staying home due to the immense pressure and lure of playing in front of the home crowd.

Herr Scholz
7/19/2010, 06:54 PM
With the Gilbert kid and your corps of receivers, you guys are going to remain a pass first team for the foreseeable future...
We'll see. We rush more than people give us credit for, even without a marquee back the past two seasons. In fact, we've run the ball more than passed 3 of the past 4 years. In 2007 we had Jamaal Charles and ran it very well. Since VY left:

2009: 513 rushing attempts vs. 540 passes. 2,400 yards gained on the ground.

2008: 508 rushing attempts vs. 447 passes. 2,500 yards on the ground.

2007: 539 rushing attempts vs. 436 passes. 3,000 yards on the ground.

2006: 483 rushing attemps vs. 371 passes. 2,400 yards on the ground.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/all-time-results.html

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 10:07 PM
Good point Herr, and your right you guys did have balance.

But im hoping your defense wont be as good as last year, but you do have Aaron Williams and one of the browns i forgot his first name

Herr Scholz
7/20/2010, 11:13 AM
But im hoping your defense wont be as good as last year, but you do have Aaron Williams and one of the browns i forgot his first name
We lost Kindle, Lamaar Houston and Earl Thomas, all great players. Our DT position remains thin but LBs and DE are still strong. The secondary is the strength of the D. Aaron Williams will be a top 10 pick in next year's draft coming out after his jr. year. The other two CBs are Chykie Brown and Curtis Brown and both have a shot at the NFL as well. Safeties are Blake Gideon, Christian Scott, Kenny Vaccaro and Brewster.

In 2011, the secondary will be totally revamped but we're very experienced and talented there for this season.

oudavid1
7/20/2010, 05:25 PM
Safeties are Blake Gideon

Oh i know this guy :D :D :D

http://insidetexas.com/media/images/article/1225608165.jpg

Which led too......

http://ou.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2008/12/07/big12BIS.jpg

oh and

http://images.dailyme.com/assets/2010010700001712.jpg

which cost them 17 yards because he picked it on 4th Down

which could have helped this guy on the 1 yard line later in the drive

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Citi+BCS+National+Championship+Alabama+v+Texas+2Zr r31JiGgGl.jpg

Hes my favorite Horn!!!!!!!!

goingoneight
7/20/2010, 05:44 PM
Gideon can be picked on for 2 bad plays in his career? Give me that kinda safety any day of the week. Keenan Clayton, Brian Jackson and Dom Franks all dropped what would have been a year ago. All were good players for us.

Kenny Vacarro looks like he's gonna be a mean hitter for you guys, Lid.

EstablishedSooner1967
7/20/2010, 07:15 PM
RB - Malcolm Brown UT
RB - Aaron Green UT
TE - Austin Sefarian Jenkins UT
DT - Quincy Russell UT
DE - Jemauria Rasco ?
LB - Anthony Wallace OU

oudavid1
7/20/2010, 08:52 PM
Gideon can be picked on for 2 bad plays in his career? Give me that kinda safety any day of the week. Keenan Clayton, Brian Jackson and Dom Franks all dropped what would have been a year ago. All were good players for us.

Kenny Vacarro looks like he's gonna be a mean hitter for you guys, Lid.

You can Have em, i made my argument.

texaspokieokie
7/21/2010, 08:52 AM
yep, Gideon is a hero in lubbock & oklahoma !!!

Herr Scholz
7/21/2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah, unfortunately he's still known for that drop in Lubbock. Still, Gideon had 62 tackles last year (7th on the team) and 6 interceptions which was behind only Earl Thomas. I'll take a returning starter at safety with those stats any day. I think he's underrated and I expect him to make a lot of plays this season.

texaspokieokie
7/21/2010, 06:00 PM
no matter what his stats & talent; he cost tx a chance @ mnc.

oudavid1
7/21/2010, 06:08 PM
no matter what his stats & talent; he cost tx a chance @ mnc.

And let us take the 2008 big 12 title, thanks Blakey Boo!!!!!!!!

Herr Scholz
7/23/2010, 11:32 AM
That loss in Lubbock was on the team, not one player. In fact, I'd put more of the blame on Colt and Mack for poor clock management during our last scoring drive. We left way too much time on the clock and Colt ran out of bounds instead of sliding.

BTW, Gideon is the leader of the secondary, the QB. He calls all the shots and directs traffic. He's only a Jr. but he's acting like a veteran Sr. back there. He's very important to our D. I know you guys can relate, remembering how losing Ryan Reynolds hurt you a couple of years ago.

pilobolus
7/23/2010, 02:23 PM
F**k off whorn.

Herr Scholz
7/23/2010, 03:42 PM
Touche'

HBick
7/23/2010, 04:53 PM
Herr, what is the state of the OL, how many did you all lose (if any?)

texaspokieokie
7/23/2010, 05:08 PM
gideon had the game in his hands & it fell right thru.

7/23/2010, 08:09 PM
gideon had the game in his hands & it fell right thru.He believed in "Sooner Magic".

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 11:28 PM
Herr, what is the state of the OL, how many did you all lose (if any?)

They lost 3 if im not mistaken, the whole left side. But some guys might move around. They have great size coming in though.

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 11:31 PM
F**k off whorn.

Lets save that for the one week in October, Herr is nice and respects on this board and its actually kinda nice. We have a whorn adviser. Besides, he just puts facts out there which i enjoy.

But know this Herr, you say one dam word of the "Eyes of....."

I'll kick some ***.

Unless you guys somehow win, which in that case, you kinda deserve to. but dont tell anyone i said that.

Herr Scholz
7/26/2010, 02:43 PM
They lost 3 if im not mistaken, the whole left side. But some guys might move around. They have great size coming in though.
Yeah, that's right. We lost Ulatoski (LT), Tanner (LG) and Hall (C). Kyle Hix is moving from RT to LT and everyone's holding their breath on that one. Michael Huey is moving from RG to LG. David Snow is the new C. Tray Allen is RG and Britt Mitchell is RT (unless Mason Walters takes his spot). Of these 5 penciled in starters right now, they're all seniors except for Snow who's a junior.

The backups are all iffy and young except for Walters (who's probably the best lineman we have). With the new scheme and new players, we're just not sure what we're going to have yet. 2011 is where we're really going to be green but hopefully Mack will play a lot of guys this year.

And thanks for the support, david, but I've developed a thick skin over the years. No worries.

KiiDSooNER
7/26/2010, 10:13 PM
Haha nah Herr you're cool. I don't mind you being here at all. There are actually a lot of Texas posters around a bunch of OU forums that I post on that I enjoy.

oudavid1
7/26/2010, 11:49 PM
(unless Mason Walters takes his spot).

except for Walters (who's probably the best lineman we have)

Well than he should take his spot, i mean if Mack knows anything

Of these 5 penciled in starters right now, they're all seniors except for Snow who's a junior.

Just like OU in 2008, but they wont be as good (IMO) and you have 3 new guys anyway.

I think our DLine will be just fine against you guys, and sadly i think your Dline might be even better against us.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/27/2010, 09:55 AM
Yeah, that's right. We lost Ulatoski (LT), Tanner (LG) and Hall (C). Kyle Hix is moving from RT to LT and everyone's holding their breath on that one. Michael Huey is moving from RG to LG. David Snow is the new C. Tray Allen is RG and Britt Mitchell is RT (unless Mason Walters takes his spot). Of these 5 penciled in starters right now, they're all seniors except for Snow who's a junior.

Is that the same Britt Mitchell that de-committed from us?

Herr Scholz
7/27/2010, 11:36 AM
Haha nah Herr you're cool. I don't mind you being here at all. There are actually a lot of Texas posters around a bunch of OU forums that I post on that I enjoy.

Gracias. I try to respect the board I'm on if I'm a visitor. I like talking recruiting.

Herr Scholz
7/27/2010, 11:39 AM
Well than he should take his spot, i mean if Mack knows anything
Walters was injured all last year with multiple stress fractures in his left foot (an old high school injury which he finally took care of with surgery). You know how bad that can be for a 300 lb. guy (ask Yao Ming). Supposedly he's ready to go. He's a real difference maker if healthy.

I think the battle in the trenches should be a good one this year both ways. As usual. I think both teams might be a little thin at DT. You'll probably see Sam Acho move inside a lot this year due to our depth chart (ala Lamaar Houston who was a DE).

oudavid1
7/27/2010, 01:29 PM
Walters was injured all last year with multiple stress fractures in his left foot (an old high school injury which he finally took care of with surgery). You know how bad that can be for a 300 lb. guy (ask Yao Ming). Supposedly he's ready to go. He's a real difference maker if healthy.

I think the battle in the trenches should be a good one this year both ways. As usual. I think both teams might be a little thin at DT. You'll probably see Sam Acho move inside a lot this year due to our depth chart (ala Lamaar Houston who was a DE).

Sam is a great player, and if we can get him and Roberson on the same side, look for OU to go the other way. That being said i think our DLine will out play yours (but im just a little bit biased anyway.)

Herr Scholz
7/27/2010, 03:23 PM
Is that the same Britt Mitchell that de-committed from us?

Not sure. This is his 5th year. He's from Kilgore and was a TE in high school.

oudavid1
7/29/2010, 08:22 PM
Im sorry, but I think OU wins the battle in the trenches

soonerguild
7/29/2010, 10:43 PM

We need to, who ever has rushed for more yards has won the last 4 or 5 times, I don't remember exactly how many but it's been a few.

Herr Scholz
7/30/2010, 01:04 PM

That's fine. I would expect almost every Sooner to say this. Can you detail why you think so? To me, both teams have question marks at O line as well as DT being thin (both sides of the line for both teams being vulnerable to going downhill quickly with injuries).

For UT on O line, we have 2 senior starters back in Hix and Huey on the left side, a Jr. C Snow who's played a ton at several positions and another couple of seniors on the right side who have had meaningful snaps. It's not as green or inexperienced as many are making it out to be. In fact, they seem pretty excited about the new emphasis on running downhill (which better suits them) instead of the sideways stepping/zone blocking scheme all the time. I think you'll see a significant jump in our running game this year as opposed to the last two. Next year is the one that looks scary for us at O line with an entire new group stepping in. Our backups are all talented but all have areas to improve in and none have seen the field to date except for Mason Walters who might turn out to be a top 10 pick if he can stay healthy.

At DT, we have one excellent, solidified starter in Kheeston Randall. We're still looking for another couple who can play at this point. Calvin Howell seems the most ready but we might have two true freshmen in the rotation this year in Taylor Bible and Ashton Dorsey. This is our team's biggest area of concern if you ask me. DE Sam Acho will probably spend all his time at DT on obvious passing downs. That's how thin we are there.

Who's starting for your O line? Backups? What do your D tackles look like? Is Taylor supposed to be 100%? Thanks.

oudavid1
7/30/2010, 01:43 PM
That's fine. I would expect almost every Sooner to say this. Can you detail why you think so? To me, both teams have question marks at O line as well as DT being thin (both sides of the line for both teams being vulnerable to going downhill quickly with injuries).

For UT on O line, we have 2 senior starters back in Hix and Huey on the left side, a Jr. C Snow who's played a ton at several positions and another couple of seniors on the right side who have had meaningful snaps. It's not as green or inexperienced as many are making it out to be. In fact, they seem pretty excited about the new emphasis on running downhill (which better suits them) instead of the sideways stepping/zone blocking scheme all the time. I think you'll see a significant jump in our running game this year as opposed to the last two. Next year is the one that looks scary for us at O line with an entire new group stepping in. Our backups are all talented but all have areas to improve in and none have seen the field to date except for Mason Walters who might turn out to be a top 10 pick if he can stay healthy.

At DT, we have one excellent, solidified starter in Kheeston Randall. We're still looking for another couple who can play at this point. Calvin Howell seems the most ready but we might have two true freshmen in the rotation this year in Taylor Bible and Ashton Dorsey. This is our team's biggest area of concern if you ask me. DE Sam Acho will probably spend all his time at DT on obvious passing downs. That's how thin we are there.

Who's starting for your O line? Backups? What do your D tackles look like? Is Taylor supposed to be 100%? Thanks.

Yeah, Adrian will defiantly get to 100% before the texas game and one point i want to emphasize is that our entire oline has plenty of starts, we return a whole group witch gives us the advantage over a DECENT Kheeston Randall, and both of our DT (Taylor, McFarland) played in the bowl game. McFarland got in when McCoy got hurt earlier in the year as well. And as far a running the ball, we have excellent linebacker potential (more than i think you guys) and your running backs dont really scare me. None of them broke long runs on OU last year and our safeties will only be improved. But shoooot, im am biased, ill try not to be in our arguments herr.

Herr Scholz
7/30/2010, 02:05 PM
No worries. It's hard not to be biased at this time of year. We can nitpick each other's lineup for days but the bottom line is both teams will field nasty defenses just like always. The winner will be the one who can run the ball better than the other and turnovers are always key. Special teams has been big too. One could argue we only won last year because we had a better placekicker.

owenfieldreams
7/30/2010, 06:05 PM
I expect our starting O-line to look like this when we take the field on 9/4:

LT: Stephenson
LG: Good
C: Habern
RG: Evans
RT: Brandon

There's a chance that Jarvis Jones beats out Brandon. Stephenson is the only one w/o starting experience. He was suspended last year (grades) but is considered someone who can be as good as Trent Williams. He was a highly recruited O-lineman out of the Kansas City area.

SoonerSoph
8/5/2010, 04:13 PM
I count 6 guys:

RB - Malcolm Brown
RB - Aaron Green
TE - Austin Sefarian Jenkins
DT - Quincy Russell
DE - Jemauria Rasco
LB - Anthony Wallace

I say UT closes with Brown, Sef-Jenkins and Russell (maybe Green too). OU closes with Wallace. LSU gets Rasco. Thoughts?

Brown - 95% UT
Green - 60% UT
ASJ - 95% UT
Russell - 100% UT
Rasco - 80% LSU
Wallace - 51% OU

Need to start beating Texas again on a regular basis... Texas is the "cool" school to go to now as a result.

Herr Scholz
8/5/2010, 04:56 PM
Need to start beating Texas again on a regular basis...
That's really not necessary. ;)

oudavid1
8/5/2010, 08:14 PM
That's really not necessary. ;)

Too bad -Ronnell Lewis

Sabanball
8/15/2010, 01:48 PM
Any news recently on Malcolm Brown?

Herr Scholz
8/16/2010, 01:36 PM
Any news recently on Malcolm Brown?

I heard he was going to decide in the next week or two between UT and Bama. His HC doesn't want this being a distraction during the season.

Sabanball
8/17/2010, 01:19 PM
I heard he was going to decide in the next week or two between UT and Bama. His HC doesn't want this being a distraction during the season.

Really? Thanks for the info, HS.

Tigeman
8/17/2010, 01:47 PM
Saban,

From what I've heard in his "camp" you guys had him if you wanted him. Despite everyone in TX thinking they had him brain washed, he was all yours. Problem is, you guys kind of focused on Crowell heavily at the end here and Brown sensed that. He kind of felt you guys were slow playing him. Watching Crowell's video's though, I can't say I blame you! That being said, looks like he's flipped back to *, which sucks b/c I did not want to see him end up there.

So where and when can we meet up w/ Saban to give him a kick in the rear for letting this one go? :mad:

Sabanball
8/18/2010, 01:18 PM
James Wilder out of Tampa is supposed to announce today, and word is that he will opt for Georgia, though I am hearing that FSU is still in the mix. Either way, I think this sets up either Malcolm Brown or Isaiah Crowell to announce for us, possibly both. No way we are slow-playing Brown, he is at the top of our board.

Sabanball
8/18/2010, 09:04 PM
Per a tweet from Bruce Feldman, Malcolm Brown committed to the l**ghorns tonight.

Hard for us beat Mac for this kid when he had Mama on his side. A big get for T*xas.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school_football/Steeles_Brown_commits_to_UT_101038704.html

Tigeman
8/18/2010, 09:58 PM
Dude's already 225 lbs????

Herr Scholz
8/19/2010, 09:37 AM

I knew we had him all along. ;)

Actually, I think it was a number of things that helped us: changing our offense to a more downhill running scheme (he said this was a big factor), close to home (like the TE Jenkins who just chose Wash. - allowed him to see our campus and team several times), we had Mom in our corner, us backing off Aaron Green to not muddy the waters of RB recruitment, Bama recruiting other RBs hard, etc. Still, I think his decision was a hard one. Glad we won this one. Our fanbase was about to go apoplectic if we missed on a top notch RB this time.

Sabanball
8/19/2010, 01:27 PM
I knew we had him all along. ;)

Actually, I think it was a number of things that helped us: changing our offense to a more downhill running scheme (he said this was a big factor), close to home (like the TE Jenkins who just chose Wash. - allowed him to see our campus and team several times), we had Mom in our corner, us backing off Aaron Green to not muddy the waters of RB recruitment, Bama recruiting other RBs hard, etc. Still, I think his decision was a hard one. Glad we won this one. Our fanbase was about to go apoplectic if we missed on a top notch RB this time.

Hope he enjoys pass-blocking...;) .

Just kidding....Congrats, HS. You guys got a good one. He's too talented a runner to relegate to light duty in any offensive system, even Mack has to know that. I still maintain he would have got more work carrying the rock in our O, but he'll still have a great career in Austin and probably still end up in the NFL. I knew he would be a 50/50 shot for us at the very best. I wish him the best, except if we ever have a rematch in the next 4 yrs and against my second favorite team the Sooners.:)

Herr Scholz
8/19/2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks, happy we landed him. Don't think Mack Brown and Greg Davis don't know how to utilize a RB though. UT has 4 RBs in the NFL right now coached by Brown at UT: Ricky Williams (Dolphins), Cedric Benson (Bengals), Jamaal Charles (Chiefs) and Chris Ogbonnaya (Rams). The first 3 all ran for over 1,000 yards last season. Williams and Benson ended their UT careers ranked 1st and 5th on the all time college rushing list respectively.

Our problems running the ball the past few years have been more about scheme. We've been running the spread because we had VY and then Colt. Our coaches have no problem changing the offense around the personnel they have, which is what is happening now once again.

Tigeman
8/19/2010, 02:54 PM
Now the question is, does Saban stay in his ear. Once the season starts and he sees * still can't run the ball.... do the thoughts about making a mistake start creeping in his head? :D

It is only a verbal after all :rolleyes: :D

Herr Scholz
8/19/2010, 03:01 PM
I'm sure Malcolm will hear plenty from a lot of people before he signs on the dotted line. We'll see about our running game this year though.

Sabanball
8/19/2010, 04:35 PM
I really don't see him reneging. Even though I'm disappointed we didn't get him, I think Malcolm has handled his recruitment with a lot of class and I think that says something about his character. That being said, I would see no reason to expect him to go back on his word--and even if he tried, I don't think Mama would let him.:) Unfortunately for my OU friends, he's a L**ghorn now. Take it to the bank.

Soonermagik
8/20/2010, 04:54 PM
Not a big surprise, IMO. Why go compete at OU where we're loaded at RB? We're in a day and age where every guy wants to play immediately. He wouldn't play at OU right now... see Jeremy Calhoun.

ouwasp
9/8/2010, 11:55 PM
Bump to get the Barry Sanders thread off the top of the list :P

ddub0224
9/10/2010, 03:31 PM
i second that

boomersooner28
9/10/2010, 04:11 PM
Bump to get the Barry Sanders thread off the top of the list :P

Bastage. I read through a bunch of this again thinking something happened!

:( :D

cjames317
9/15/2010, 11:56 AM
sMack and Major were at the Aledo-Lake Travis game keeping tabs on Aledo's jr RB Jonathan Gray. I hope Stoops and Cale keep up!