6/23/2010, 01:31 PM
in Louisiana.

oqPF9dtCc9g

Serge Ibaka
6/23/2010, 01:41 PM
crap.

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 02:15 PM
It makes sense to me that it's happening. I think folks were more worried what the first hurricane would do with it all but now it looks like we don't need to wait any longer as it's infiltrated populated areas.

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 02:27 PM
Acid rain baby !

C&CDean
6/23/2010, 02:34 PM
I remember it raining mud after those May tornadoes in Moore.

ouleaf
6/23/2010, 02:45 PM
I think this calls for an Ollie Williams - BlaccuWeather Forecast

http://www.planet-familyguy.com/pfg/images/characters/ollie.jpg

IT'S RAININ' OIL!!!

OklahomaTuba
6/23/2010, 02:57 PM
They told me that if I voted for McCain, it would rain oil.

And they were right!

Ike
6/23/2010, 03:00 PM
It makes sense to me that it's happening. I think folks were more worried what the first hurricane would do with it all but now it looks like we don't need to wait any longer as it's infiltrated populated areas.

being as how the official word is "oil does not evaporate", even though there is very little research on what happens to weathered oil, it will be interesting from a scientific point of view to see what happens with storms over the gulf and inland from the gulf with respect to the spill. Does it actually rain oil, or was this particular incident an instance of oil 'vapor' that was at low altitude that blew over and settled in the NOLA area (which I am told is probably more likely than the oil actually being up in the clouds)? How far do these things blow? And more interestingly to me is how this may or may not affect hurricanes. Not just the idea of hurricanes bringing oil on shore, but given that the official line is that oil doesn't evaporate, will an oil slick prevent water from evaporating? or even slow the evaporation of water? If so, I would think it is possible that the oil slick could have a deadening effect on hurricanes as they enter the gulf, as IIRC, they are primarily fueled by hot water from the sea evaporating up into them.

There is a chance that the oil slick may make things suck less than we though it would (if it indeed tends to rob hurricanes of fuel, and other weather can't take it very far inland). But It might also be possible that things work the other way, and the oil could wind up making hurricanes more powerful...In which case, things might suck even more. We aren't going to know for sure until it happens. (but for the sake of the people on the Gulf shores, I hope it doesn't happen...then we can carry out those experiments in a lab)

homerSimpsonsBrain
6/23/2010, 03:06 PM
It was probably just benzene or toluene. No worries.

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 03:46 PM
I'm sure that this all will be argued by attys over the course of the next 100 years or so.

Okla-homey
6/23/2010, 03:53 PM
I'm sure that this all will be argued by attys over the course of the next 100 years or so.

damn skippy!:D :texan:

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 03:55 PM
I know that acid rain was proved to be a polluter due to the amount of pollutants emitted into the air which resulted in rain distributing the pollution. With the pollutant (oil) being pumped from the earth into the gulf can it be distributed via rain? I'd say there's probably enough proof that at least some of the chemicals that are in crude oil can be absorbed into sea water and that could result in acid rain. Can it rain oil? Hellifiknow.

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 03:58 PM
Maybe some Cajun creetin just dumped the the oil he usually takes to Jiffy Lube in the storm sewer. If he did and he youtubed it I'd say it is further proof that Okie Hillbilies is way smarter than them Cajuns that think they slaughtered us in 2003.

Okla-homey
6/23/2010, 04:02 PM
I know that acid rain was proved to be a polluter due to the amount of pollutants emitted into the air which resulted in rain distributing the pollution. With the pollutant (oil) being pumped from the earth into the gulf can it be distributed via rain? I'd say there's probably enough proof that at least some of the chemicals that are in crude oil can be absorbed into sea water and that could result in acid rain. Can it rain oil? Hellifiknow.

God made it rain frogs once.

And fiery hail too.

You can look it up. It's in the Book of Exodus.

I still think NOLA must have done something to really tee-off the Man Upstairs because they can't seem to catch a break. I think He teased 'em with the Super Bowl win, then yanked the rug out from under them with this oil spill.

StoopTroup
6/24/2010, 01:41 PM
Someone said that the dispersant could possibly allow the oil to tag along as it evaporates and thus we might just see more of this "Raining Oil" stuff.

Guess we'll see.

NormanPride
6/24/2010, 01:53 PM
Well that makes it easy to catch, right? Just catch all the rain and we have all the oil! Simple.

We're completely screwed, aren't we?

Ike
6/24/2010, 01:54 PM
Well that makes it easy to catch, right? Just catch all the rain and we have all the oil! Simple.

We're completely screwed, aren't we?

probably.

NormanPride
6/24/2010, 01:58 PM
The upside of everything in the gulf being dead after this is that we won't have to worry about any more accidents.

Crucifax Autumn
6/24/2010, 02:06 PM
At least if it's in the rain a bunch of us non-coastal people can get in on all this fun.

Ike
6/24/2010, 02:07 PM
At least if it's in the rain a bunch of us non-coastal people can get in on all this fun.

Yeah, I can't wait to have all my food fry itself in the pan naturally!

Crucifax Autumn
6/24/2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I can't wait to have all my food fry itself in the pan naturally!

Awesome!

Crucifax Autumn
6/24/2010, 02:18 PM
I can't believe no one's done this yet...

It's Raining Oil! Hallelujah! - It's Raining Oil! Amen!
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet!
It's Raining Oil! Hallelujah!