PDA

View Full Version : We had an SEC invite

badger
6/23/2010, 12:26 PM
So did Texas A&M, but not Texas and not OSU, according to Uncle Dave.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100623_92_0_ADOETe915556)

yermom
6/23/2010, 12:55 PM
told you guys we weren't going anywhere without the Pukes ;)

sooner_born_1960
6/23/2010, 01:06 PM
I really don't see why Boren is so concerned about OSU not getting an invite.

Boomer.....
6/23/2010, 01:07 PM
I doubt the State would let us split.

yermom
6/23/2010, 01:08 PM
well, separating from OSU AND Texas seems pretty foreign, really

our new regional conference rival becomes A&M?

tfoolry
6/23/2010, 01:08 PM
Hey wait, everything I read said texass was controlling everything.

sooner_born_1960
6/23/2010, 01:09 PM
Sounds like they were.

fwsooner22
6/23/2010, 01:11 PM

Interesting how nobody is commenting on this..........It's so easy to just blame ** for everything.

Serge Ibaka
6/23/2010, 01:15 PM
Going southeastward without OSU or UT was not a viable option.

htownsooner7
6/23/2010, 01:36 PM
Whats so great about playing ATM, Ark, Ole Miss, Miss St every year?

TexasLidig8r
6/23/2010, 01:50 PM

From Texas President William Powers...

Nor, he said, did Texas have conversations with the SEC.

"There was some outreach as to whether we wanted to talk. That was all. We did not," he said.

They can keep their little, SEC.. SEC.. SEC chants.

My diplomas say The University of Texas at Austin

NOT

The University of the SEC.

Serge Ibaka
6/23/2010, 01:53 PM

NOT

You know, it's probably possible to play in the SEC without giving into the conference-bromancing of the Old Confederacy. That's probably what I would do if my Sooners played in the SEC.

RedstickSooner
6/23/2010, 02:28 PM
I see no reason why we couldn't have accepted an invite, joined the SEC, and then, as fans, made "The SEC Sucks!" one of our favorite chants.

Sounds like fun to me.

tfoolry
6/23/2010, 02:40 PM
From Texas President William Powers...

Nor, he said, did Texas have conversations with the SEC.

"There was some outreach as to whether we wanted to talk. That was all. We did not," he said.

NOT

That makes sense they'd be afraid to talk to them after getting beat by 'bammers.

badger
6/23/2010, 02:47 PM
Was Texas ever a confederate state? I remember seeing promos for that one movie where the first black Heisman winner (from 'Cuse) came to Texas to play and they depicted the crowd as a bunch of confederate flag wavers.

Serge Ibaka
6/23/2010, 02:52 PM
Yep. Texas was among the first states to join the Confederacy.

Racists.

NorthernIowaSooner
6/23/2010, 02:54 PM
Was Texas ever a confederate state? I remember seeing promos for that one movie where the first black Heisman winner (from 'Cuse) came to Texas to play and they depicted the crowd as a bunch of confederate flag wavers.

yeah they were

SoonerMom2
6/23/2010, 03:01 PM
All of Texas joined the confederacy except one small town, Comfort, in Kendall County outside of San Antonio. The only town in Texas that voted not to secede from the Union during the Civil War (but the County did!).

They have a statue of a union soldier in the town.

BoulderSooner79
6/23/2010, 03:20 PM
The Oklahoma panhandle was separated from Texas so that Texas could enter the union as a slave state.

fwsooner22
6/23/2010, 03:32 PM
All in All the SEC is better than what we have now including **. I'm not sure it would be the best thing in the long run but at least we would see good football every week. No way ** is interested in that.......far too competitive.

ouflak
6/23/2010, 03:33 PM
well, separating from OSU AND Texas seems pretty foreign, really

I'm pretty sure the SEC saw Texas demanding all sorts of special concessions as far as controlling TV rights and didn't even want to put up with the headache of haggling with them about. I don't think they $aw any value with O$U. They just wanted to offer some quick invites, hope to snatch up a couple of big name teams, and maybe build the first true super conference (perhaps Georgia Tech and FSU also got invites).

our new regional conference rival becomes A&M?

Arkansas? Louisiana? It's not like we would not travel well to these destinations, and they to us. I think it would not be so bad at all.

Serge Ibaka
6/23/2010, 03:37 PM
All in All the SEC is better than what we have now including **. I'm not sure it would be the best thing in the long run but at least we would see good football every week. No way ** is interested in that.......far too competitive.

I wouldn't put this fear past Oklahoma leadership either.

badger
6/23/2010, 03:59 PM

Racists.

:D They also were last in the RRS to admit black football players.

OU > Texas

Sabanball
6/23/2010, 04:35 PM
I believe Pres. Boren is correct and I think we would still take you, even with everything that has happened. I also bet the overwhelming majority of your fan base and coaching staff/team would have been in favor of the move. Instead your PTB decided that staying intertwined with Texas was the best thing to do. I have yet to hear one argument or rationalization that justifies staying joined in a conference with them was your best option.

Texas would not come to the SEC because they in all their delusional grandeur think they are too good for us. Fact is they would not be the big kid on the block anymore--and they know it. Hell, Tennessee has won as many NC's as they have since 1971 and LSU has won twice as many in that same time period! You guys are better than that and it really disappointed me to see your administration basically agree to become an athletic subsidiary of the Longhorn program.

Serge Ibaka
6/23/2010, 04:38 PM
I believe Pres. Boren is correct and I think we would still take you, even with everything that has happened. I also bet the overwhelming majority of your fan base and coaching staff/team would have been in favor of the move. Instead your PTB decided that staying intertwined with Texas was the best thing to do. I have yet to hear one argument or rationalization that justifies staying joined in a conference with them was your best option.

We really like going to Dallas, getting drunk, and watching football every October.

Sabanball
6/23/2010, 04:49 PM
We really like going to Dallas, getting drunk, and watching football every October.

The RRS could have been maintained. And, there's a good chance that the SEC championship game could have been rotated between DFW and Atlanta. Talk about some good football--you guys could end up getting drunk and going down there twice in some years(though, that did not go very well last year, did it? Lol)

If the press release is correct then I really think Pres. Boren sold you guys down the river. Refusing to make the move solely because we would not be bringing in Okie St and Texas along with you is ridiculous and very short-sighted, considering the direction that big time college football is headed.

delhalew
6/23/2010, 04:52 PM

Texas would not come to the SEC because they in all their delusional grandeur think they are too good for us. Fact is they would not be the big kid on the block anymore--and they know it. Hell, Tennessee has won as many NC's as they have since 1971 and LSU has won twice as many in that same time period! You guys are better than that and it really disappointed me to see your administration basically agree to become an athletic subsidiary of the Longhorn program.

Come on SB!! I am one of the fans that was cool with a move to the SEC. How can you say you haven't heard a valid argument for staying?
Haven't we lost enough history? People here will tell you little brother means nothing, and they are not wrong. That said, we have been playing since before statehood.
I may believe we fit better in the SEC than the PAC10, but we deserve our own regional conference as long we can preserve it.
Someday the Big X11-2 may collapse. In that case I hope we join you. In the meantime it would please me if you would quit insulting us for trying to hold on to our conference. You know we're not scared and you know we don't need Texas...so quit implying that is our motivation.

Sabanball
6/23/2010, 04:55 PM
Come on SB!! I am one of the fans that was cool with a move to the SEC. How can you say you haven't heard a valid argument for staying?
Haven't we lost enough history? People here will tell you little brother means nothing, and they are not wrong. That said, we have been playing since before statehood.
I may believe we fit better in the SEC than the PAC10, but we deserve our own regional conference as long we can preserve it.
Someday the Big X11-2 may collapse. In that case I hope we join you. In the meantime it would please me if you would quit insulting us for trying to hold on to our conference. You know we're not scared and you know we don't need Texas...so quit implying that is our motivation.

I don't think YOU the fans are, BUT I am not that sure about your administration and leadership. They seem way too beholden and deferent to Texas throughout this whole process--much beyond what I would think a school of your stature and tradition should. You may not feel that way, but that IS the perception of a lot of us around the country on the outside looking in.

But, like I said on another thread, it is what it is and YOU ALL are the ones that have to live with the consequences. I maintain it was a missed opportunity but who knows sometimes lightning strikes twice --perhaps we will travel down this road again one day. College football conference expansion/consolidation is not about to come to an end IMO and maybe under different leadership perhaps OU and AM possibly make the move to the SEC one day in the future if the Big 12 as currently constituted does not remain viable. Guess we will have to see...

soonervegas
6/23/2010, 04:59 PM
Not having UT and OSU in conference is too big of a cluster. Would you go to another super conference without Auburn and Tennessee? Probably not.

delhalew
6/23/2010, 05:02 PM
I don't think YOU the fans are, BUT I am not that sure about your administration and leadership. They seem way too beholden and deferent to Texas throughout this whole process. You may not feel that way, but that IS the perception of a lot of us around the country on the outside looking in.

There are political and monitary considers for the admins to juggle. Most importantly, they know how much of the fanbase want our conference preserved. I am old enough to feel strongly about the Big 8, much less the Big 12. You should hear MY FATHER'S opinions on the matter. He wants to kick Texas out and rebuild the Big 8. He is glad we still have OUR conference.

Sabanball
6/23/2010, 05:06 PM
Not having UT and OSU in conference is too big of a cluster. Would you go to another super conference without Auburn and Tennessee? Probably not.

Most true Alabama fans will tell you that our most natural rival is Tennessee--NOT Auburn. In a way, they are our "Texas". Our current series with Alabama Polytechnical Institute(as Auburn was known then) did not even start until 1948, after a long hiatus. That being said, I would not mind at all not being in the same conference with them, but I will concede that our series with Tennessee would need to be maintained.

Sabanball
6/23/2010, 05:09 PM
There are political and monitary considers for the admins to juggle. Most importantly, they know how much of the fanbase want our conference preserved. I am old enough to feel strongly about the Big 8, much less the Big 12. You should here MY FATHER'S opinions on the matter. He wants to kick Texas out and rebuild the Big 8. He is glad we still have OUR conference.

We agree! I'm an old Big 8 fan myself. I grew up in Green Country and that was all we had back then. Nebraska was a much more honorable foe than Texas, and usually more was on the line. The Texas game was still big, but it was different kind of rivalry. More hate and less mutual respect than with the huskers. That's what I remember about it, and that's one reason this whole thing with Texas is so troubling to me. Oh well, this world is obviously not the same one that your father or I grew up in. Things have definitely changed...

htownsooner7
6/23/2010, 05:22 PM
Sabanball, here's what no one is getting, including you according to your post. OU got guaranteed way too much money to not make the safe play and stick where we are for now. You and everyone else get so ademant and say it was "shortsighted" and not in line with "where college football is heading." You telling me the SEC won't still kill to have us in 3 years. Of course, they would. No risk and all reward in taking the guaranteed money now and seeing how the conferences shake out. OU will not be left out in the cold, way to powerful of a program and presence. The SEC will still want us as soon as they expand, as will most everyone else. No downside to staying where we are.

delhalew
6/23/2010, 05:25 PM
There are political and monitary considers for the admins to juggle. Most importantly, they know how much of the fanbase want our conference preserved. I am old enough to feel strongly about the Big 8, much less the Big 12. You should here MY FATHER'S opinions on the matter. He wants to kick Texas out and rebuild the Big 8. He is glad we still have OUR conference.

We agree! I'm an old Big 8 fan myself. I grew up in Green Country and that was all we had back then. Nebraska was a much more honorable foe than Texas, and usually more was on the line. The Texas game was still big, but it was different kind of rivalry. More hate and less mutual respect than with the huskers. That's what I remember about it, and that's one reason this whole thing with Texas is so troubling to me. Oh well, this world is obviously not the same one that your father or I grew up in. Things have definitely changed...

It was actually a little heartbreaking trying to explain to him that reverence for history is dead and college football has followed the pros to a place were the money men run the show. I probably should have allowed him to keep some illusions about integrity being involved.

Sabanball
6/23/2010, 05:27 PM
Sabanball, here's what no one is getting, including you according to your post. OU got guaranteed way too much money to not make the safe play and stick where we are for now. You and everyone else get so ademant and say it was "shortsighted" and not in line with "where college football is heading." You telling me the SEC won't still kill to have us in 3 years. Of course, they would. No risk and all reward in taking the guaranteed money now and seeing how the conferences shake out. OU will not be left out in the cold, way to powerful of a program and presence. The SEC will still want us as soon as they expand, as will most everyone else. No downside to staying where we are.

No way you guys would not have stood to make more money in the SEC. I will NEVER be convinced of that. Besides, that's not the reason that Pres Boren gave for not making the move anyway.

But, I would agree and concede, 3 yrs down the road or whenever I still think the SEC would take you guys.

Frozen Sooner
6/23/2010, 05:35 PM
OU has pretty much had a standing invitation since 1994 or so. Had the Big 12 not been formed to begin with, we'd have been a member of the SEC West back in 1996. I figure that's where we'll eventually wind up-if the SEC wanted us when we were terrible, they'll want us now and for the foreseeable future.

CORNholio
6/23/2010, 05:36 PM
Mark me down for one that would've loved to be in the SEC. Would never do the SEC chant though. Hate to see OU and Tex part ways as they are the closest state culturally while still different. It means something to beat them. Something the SEC just cant match if the shorthorns were not to come along and something the Oregons and Cal's of the world certainly wouldn't bring to the fans.

Herr Scholz
6/23/2010, 10:48 PM
SEC fans are just mad they got shut out of the Texas recruiting base. Again. I thought they were the big bad conference that didn't need anything or anybody? That's obviously been proven wrong. They were groveling to get into this market and are now bitter.

delhalew
6/23/2010, 11:04 PM
SEC fans are just mad they got shut out of the Texas recruiting base. Again. I thought they were the big bad conference that didn't need anything or anybody? That's obviously been proven wrong. They were groveling to get into this market and are now bitter.

Two partys handled the whole thing with class. Slive of the SEC and Oklahoma. They made their deals behind closed doors and you didn't hear a peep out of either of them.
Herr, the SEC was simply reacting to the possibility of a superPAC by cherry picking two teams that would benifit them AND break the PAC deal.
Don't be arrogant, just be glad you got to keep your conference for the time being.
****ing whorns think everything is about you. Don't buy the orangeblood hype.

Herr Scholz
6/23/2010, 11:08 PM
Oh yeah, jerkoff Horn fans. You don't think the SEC wanted serious inroads into the Texas recruiting market and tv sets? You don't think that's what their constant interest in getting us, aggy or you is about? Think about it.

delhalew
6/23/2010, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah, jerkoff Horn fans. You don't think the SEC wanted serious inroads into the Texas recruiting market and tv sets? You don't think that's what their constant interest in getting us, aggy or you is about? Think about it.

I think nobody in this world does anything if it doesn't benefit them. Yup...thought about it.

Herr Scholz
6/23/2010, 11:31 PM
Mike Slive took a very publicized trip to College Station. He was a scavenger looking to clean up. So much for classy behind closed doors.

OU would've suffered in recruiting had aggy been allowed to leave to the SEC btw. East Texas and the Beaumont triangle? Buh bye.

Crucifax Autumn
6/23/2010, 11:59 PM
I doubt it. OU has ALWAYS recruited well regardless of conference.

Herr Scholz
6/24/2010, 12:04 AM
Sure but do you want to recruit against those teams that could've been playing every year in Texas along with the teams now? Bama for Anthony Wallace, Florida for Trey Metoyer, LSU for Marquis Anderson, etc...

Letting the SEC into Texas is like inviting a vampire into your home. They'll never leave.

SoonerKnight
6/24/2010, 01:29 AM
You see SB * and OU have history. Bad history, good history whatever and we the fans, students, the powers that be that are from oklahoma and * understand that the rivalry needs to be maintained.As far as anyone from Oklahoma liking * not just the school but the state all I can say is yeah right. My dad is not a football fan but he is an okie and if we ever went through * he always told us **** now cuz * ain't worth pissing in. Seriously I think you have to be raised around it to truly understand what this rivalry means. I have co-worker who is a retarded * fan and we talk all kinds of smack but he still respects OU!! It is what it is!

John Kochtoston
6/24/2010, 02:28 AM
OU leaving OSU behind and bolting for the SEC was and is an absolute non-starter in the Oklahoma legislature. If OSU had an invite, I'd bet a crystal football we'd be booking hotel rooms for Baton Rouge in 2012 right now.

NormanPride
6/24/2010, 10:01 AM
I really think the "letting the SEC in" is an overhyped argument. So Georgia is going to sign more Texas kids? That leaves more of everything else open. Florida wants part of the Texas pie? Then we get to pick a few from them as well. It works both ways. As many that want to leave the state to go to the SEC will want to leave the SEC and come here. It's not like there's a huge lack of great recruits around. The real losers would be TCU and Houston. Kiss their leftovers goodbye.

Frozen Sooner
6/24/2010, 10:33 AM
Yeah, the SEC is just completely unable to compete because they're denied the Texas kids. There's NO Texas kids that want to go to SEC programs already and there's just not enough kids in the SEC natural recruiting area to support high-level programs.

:rolleyes:

NormanPride
6/24/2010, 11:07 AM
Agreed, Froz. There's only about 50-60 kids every year in the SEC that have that SEC speed. Then after that you might as well go to Texas.

KantoSooner
6/24/2010, 11:18 AM
Didn't you get the memo?
KIDS don't have 'SEC Speed'; the SEC has 'SEC Speed'.

Here's how it works: speedy guy goes to SEC school, he gets faster than speeding bullet. Normal guy goes to SEC school, he gets faster than anyone else at his position in non-SEC conference.

Remember this. Within the SEC it is referred to as 'Lojik'. Which means it makes sense, formally. I believe this because a guy from the SEC splained to it me. I couldn't have worked out something this complex for myself.

You see the pattern?

Why, everything is better in the SEC. Prettier girls, colder beer, ribs are more tender.

Don't fight it, it simply is.

And, if you have doubts, just tell yourself, well, no use in questionin' it, it's LOJIK

Frozen Sooner
6/24/2010, 11:23 AM
I'd agree that the ribs are more tender. The ribs here are great.

ouflak
6/24/2010, 12:39 PM
OU leaving OSU behind and bolting for the SEC was and is an absolute non-starter in the Oklahoma legislature.

I just don't think so anymore. It's about the money. The legislature can't make money for the schools' athletic programs. If OU and A&M leave the http://freespace.virgin.net/tony.ford7/FormerlyKnownAs.jpg (the conference formerly known as the Big XII) when the CU/NU revenue money runs out, joining perhaps Georgia Tech and FSU in the SEC, I really don't see what OSU (or any legislature) can do about it or even has to do with it. They'll just have to get along without us. We certainly will get along without them.

TexasLidig8r
6/24/2010, 01:25 PM
and A&M leave the http://freespace.virgin.net/tony.ford7/FormerlyKnownAs.jpg (the conference formerly known as the Big XII)

Greatness sir.

Well played.

badger
6/24/2010, 02:18 PM
LSU already hyper-recruits Texas, if nobody's pointed that out yet. :les: is trying to get enough Texas-grown talent to make up for his incompetence.

Say that Lester has a national championship? It was a fluke year and should have a bigger asterisk next to it than Texas' 2008 Big 12 title claims... but hey, I'm sure that every national championship ever claimed could be disputed to some degree, so I'll save that :les: bashing for another day.

Would other SEC schools invade our territory besides :les: if we joined? They already do. Tennessee routinely steals the top Oklahoma-grown talent (Robert Meacham comes to mind), as does Arky.

We already compete with the SEC recruit-wise.

A-M
6/24/2010, 04:24 PM
Recruiting from a different conference state had very little if anything to do with OU staying in the Big 12. Neither did *** or any other school. It all came down to money. Stay in the Big 12, less travel expenses (no travel out west or east, nor expense of CCG) with increased income from TV, new TV exposure with conference channel and OU channel, share NU and CU buyout money with only 10 teams. All of this means more net money then going to either PAC-10 or SEC. Think about it for a minute and put some numbers to it and then tell me we stayed in the Big 12 because of ** or okie lite. All schools run on money, not being a school tagalong or anything else. DB, a smart man who can talk you into whatever he wants, and he did it again.

EnragedOUfan
6/24/2010, 04:52 PM
Mike Slive took a very publicized trip to College Station. He was a scavenger looking to clean up. So much for classy behind closed doors.

OU would've suffered in recruiting had aggy been allowed to leave to the SEC btw. East Texas and the Beaumont triangle? Buh bye.

People like you are riding on this recruiting business too much man......OU's history and stats speak for themselves..Remember now, OU earned 6 national championships and 3 Heisman trophies when they weren't even affiliated in the same conferece as Texas teams. The recruiting argument is weak.......

Frozen Sooner
6/24/2010, 04:57 PM
People like you are riding on this recruiting business too much man......OU's history and stats speak for themselves..Remember now, OU earned 6 national championships and 3 Heisman trophies when they weren't even affiliated in the same conferece as Texas teams. The recruiting argument is weak.......

And of OU's 5 Heisman Trophy winners four weren't from Texas...
Winners:
Billy Vessels (OK)
Jason White (OK)
Sam Bradford (OK)
Steve Owens (OK)
Billy Sims (TX)

HBick
6/24/2010, 05:11 PM
Winners:
Billy Vessels (OK)
Jason White (OK)
Sam Bradford (OK)
Steve Owens (OK)
Billy Sims (TX)

This speaks volumes of talent that is grown in Oklahoma. It really is impressive that the State of Oklahoma has put out this many Heisman Winners.

That said, whenever I look on Rivals or Scout, Bama offers all over the country, a few OU kids, and lots of recruits from Texas have Bama offers.

Frozen Sooner
6/24/2010, 05:14 PM
Trust me, I hear about it every time 'Bama and OU are going head to head for a recruit. Too many people around here know where I went to undergrad. :D

HBick
6/24/2010, 05:27 PM
Trust me, I hear about it every time 'Bama and OU are going head to head for a recruit. Too many people around here know where I went to undergrad. :D

I think Oklahoma and Bama are much in the same vein. Meaning, both are the biggest brands in their respective states. Sure the Thunder are in OKC now, but that doesn't compare to the money maker of OU or Alabama football. But I think a lot of high school players don't have the ties that many of fans have to the school. They are looking for the best fit for them to win a championship/make it to the NFL/another countless scenario.

OUthunder
6/24/2010, 05:29 PM
Didn't you get the memo?
KIDS don't have 'SEC Speed'; the SEC has 'SEC Speed'.

Here's how it works: speedy guy goes to SEC school, he gets faster than speeding bullet. Normal guy goes to SEC school, he gets faster than anyone else at his position in non-SEC conference.

Remember this. Within the SEC it is referred to as 'Lojik'. Which means it makes sense, formally. I believe this because a guy from the SEC splained to it me. I couldn't have worked out something this complex for myself.

You see the pattern?

Why, everything is better in the SEC. Prettier girls, colder beer, ribs are more tender.

Don't fight it, it simply is.

And, if you have doubts, just tell yourself, well, no use in questionin' it, it's LOJIK

The girls are prettier and it's not even close.

Salt City Sooner
6/24/2010, 10:42 PM
Winners:
Billy Vessels (OK)
Jason White (OK)
Sam Bradford (OK)
Steve Owens (OK)
Billy Sims (TX)
& if you REALLY want to accentuate that point, Billy Sims was born in St. Louis.

John Kochtoston
6/25/2010, 12:33 AM
I just don't think so anymore. It's about the money. The legislature can't make money for the schools' athletic programs. If OU and A&M leave the http://freespace.virgin.net/tony.ford7/FormerlyKnownAs.jpg (the conference formerly known as the Big XII) when the CU/NU revenue money runs out, joining perhaps Georgia Tech and FSU in the SEC, I really don't see what OSU (or any legislature) can do about it or even has to do with it. They'll just have to get along without us. We certainly will get along without them.

The legislature does make money for OSU's athletic department, albeit indirectly, and does make money for both OU and OSU's general budgets.

KantoSooner
6/25/2010, 06:57 AM
The girls are prettier and it's not even close.

Well, there you go.

I guess I'll just have to stay in Okiestan and console those heartbroken Oklahoma women who couldn't make the cut in MizzSippy. It's a hard job, but someone's got to do it.

badger
6/25/2010, 08:40 AM

So is your nickname "Julio Jones" by now? ;)

TAFBSooner
6/27/2010, 09:05 PM
LSU already hyper-recruits Texas, if nobody's pointed that out yet. :les: is trying to get enough Texas-grown talent to make up for his incompetence.

Say that Lester has a national championship? It was a fluke year and should have a bigger asterisk next to it than Texas' 2008 Big 12 title claims... but hey, I'm sure that every national championship ever claimed could be disputed to some degree, so I'll save that :les: bashing for another day.

Would other SEC schools invade our territory besides :les: if we joined? They already do. Tennessee routinely steals the top Oklahoma-grown talent (Robert Meacham comes to mind), as does Arky.

We already compete with the SEC recruit-wise.

Badger, =today() is the very best day to bash :les:.

To that end, there isn't enough talent in texas to make up for :les:'s incompetence.:D

stoopified
6/29/2010, 10:25 AM

Racists.On top of which UT was coached by Darrel Royal who finally signed his first black player in 1971 after 15 years as UT coach.

47straight
6/29/2010, 01:32 PM
On top of which UT was coached by Darrel Royal who finally signed his first black player in 1971 after 15 years as UT coach.

Stoopified, how dare you slander such a progressive leader at a progressive school! Everyone knows it was 1970 when the first african-american lettered at UT!!!

Do you really think they would have named the stadium after Royal if he had waited until 1971? No sir.

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't let that slide. A man's reputation is at stake.

Harvick1
6/29/2010, 08:39 PM

It'd be nice, at least for the first decade.

Sabanball
6/29/2010, 08:48 PM
I'd agree that the ribs are more tender. The ribs here are great.

Try Archibald's in Northport.;) They put dreamland to shame.

Frozen Sooner
6/29/2010, 09:17 PM

I agree. And I have. :D

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2010, 02:00 PM

Just so's you know, I just chomped down on some Archibald's ribs.

soonerboomer93
7/2/2010, 07:57 PM
wb to the states froze