PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones' ESPN interview

Rocko
6/22/2010, 12:39 PM
One of the front page stories on the College Football website

delhalew
6/22/2010, 12:59 PM
What website? Would it kill ya' to post a link?

Boomer.....
6/22/2010, 01:03 PM
It's at ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Big Red Ron
6/22/2010, 01:08 PM
Boring

GKeeper316
6/22/2010, 02:10 PM
landry doesnt interview well at all...

did anyone else catch that he was being interviewed by an OU alum (Dari Nowkhah)?

Tigeman
6/22/2010, 04:55 PM
Saw this yesterday....

Something that caught me was Landry kept saying something along the lines of when something isn't going your way, you just push through it harder....

NO NO NO Landry.... this was your problem last year. You kept locking onto receivers when they were covered and you tried to push it through. Get that mentality out of your head, and look for a solution that will work (I.E. other receivers) LOL! :P

Now before someone gets all pissy, realize I'm just playing here!

oudavid1
6/22/2010, 09:11 PM
I love Landry.......and lamp!

swardboy
6/22/2010, 09:24 PM
Sam didn't exactly light 'em up in his early years of interviews....but man, my attention was riveted to Landry's highlights when I saw this on TV. We have one talented muchacho throwing the pill.

Rocko
6/22/2010, 10:49 PM
I love Landry.......and lamp!

Excellent Anchor Man reference!

SoonerGrant
6/22/2010, 11:34 PM
Seems like he was preoccupied with something else. Seems he needs a little more practice in the public speaking domain.

oudavid1
6/22/2010, 11:55 PM
Excellent Anchor Man reference!

thanks my good man

gaylordfan1
6/23/2010, 08:29 AM
Oh guys, the kid is doing fine. He is working his way into the limelight slowly.

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 08:38 AM
It's tough following a Legend.

He's doing as good a job as anyone I've ever seen though.

I know the folks in New Mexico are pretty proud of him and what he's accomplished so far at OU. It wasn't completely or even close to his fault we played in the Sun Bowl but knowing he has a Post Season Trophy under his belt is much better than a Post Season loss. Knowing how to win on the Road against a decent opponent your last time out is a good thing IMO as we start the next Season. Cinncinati and Texas on the road should tell us just how good he is or isn't. I have a feeling he gonna light it up.

IronHorseSooner
6/23/2010, 08:47 AM
I noticed afterward that they aasked what is OUr biggest concern this year, and they said WR. After Broyles, I believe that the other WRs/TEs had just 4 TD catches. They did mention Kenny Stills. To me, we NEED Ratterree to continue to develop like he did the end of last year and this spring, and D. Miller need to continue to improve. I have a good feeling that it will happen.

gaylordfan1
6/23/2010, 08:49 AM
whats this i'm hearing about Haywood not meeting the criteria for admission? Any truth to that? Man, I hope thats all wrong....

rawlingsHOH
6/23/2010, 10:00 AM
I noticed afterward that they aasked what is OUr biggest concern this year, and they said WR. After Broyles, I believe that the other WRs/TEs had just 4 TD catches. They did mention Kenny Stills. To me, we NEED Ratterree to continue to develop like he did the end of last year and this spring, and D. Miller need to continue to improve. I have a good feeling that it will happen.

WR is a strength... Broyles, Miller and Reynolds are a great trio... Caleb and Kenney can fill roles... and a frosh may emerge!

FAR from the biggest weakness or concern heading into 10...

Sooner04
6/23/2010, 10:04 AM
Our biggest concerns this year are at O-line and QB.

goingoneight
6/23/2010, 10:43 AM
If by QB you mean backup QB. Taking Sam's great career with a loaded offense out of the picture for a moment, OU fans would have been thrilled to see a freshman QB put up the numbers LJ did following Bomar and Thompson. Remember that it was FAR from ideal conditions for even 4th-year, Heisman winner-Sam to succeed in.
LJ will be good provided the dreaded sophomore slump doesn't plague him.

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 10:47 AM
04 is just **** stirring. Pay him no mind.

IronHorseSooner
6/26/2010, 09:24 AM
WR is a strength... Broyles, Miller and Reynolds are a great trio... Caleb and Kenney can fill roles... and a frosh may emerge!

FAR from the biggest weakness or concern heading into 10...

That's what I thought. I think we have a decent (didn't say great) two-deep at WR. It was Trevor Matich who said it, and whereas he seems okay, he does come off as being a bit dense. Heck, I would say OUr biggest weakness this year is at kicker (both placekicker and kickoff kicker).

How could WR be an issue? We have a Biletnekoff candidate, and return four other guys who were starters last year. As well, we have good pass catching backs, and Ratterree looks to be settling into his own.

I would also say that OL isn't as big of a concern as kicker as we return 8 guys who started at one point last year who are in OUr two-deep. The only two who didn't were Stephenson (could be OUr best), and Alandoye (who is OUr biggest).

TXBOOMER
6/27/2010, 02:13 PM
I can't wait to see if he has improved. I agree with you boys...we are stacked at WR. The tator state game kinda skewed his numbers last year. The O Line and the field goal kicker(s) are my major concerns.

Salt City Sooner
6/27/2010, 03:29 PM
DT depth is my hands down biggest issue. A couple of weeks ago, Venables said that Taylor is ahead of schedule on his rehab, which would go a long way towards alleviating my concern on the subject, but if he can't go, there's pretty much nobody left who has seen meaningful snaps other than McFarland (& the only time he really saw good, meaningful playing time w/ the game in doubt was in the bowl, replacing AT). Some young pups would have to grow up in pretty short order.

oudavid1
6/27/2010, 09:12 PM
as far as wide receivers go, compared to Texas (Best team in conference last year) our returning WRs vs theirs: We win in Receptions (OU +41), Yards(OU +875), Yards Per Rec(OU +2.7), Yards Per Game(OU +23.0), And TDs(OU +10). Thanks Shipley.

IronHorseSooner
6/28/2010, 10:57 AM
as far as wide receivers go, compared to Texas (Best team in conference last year) our returning WRs vs theirs: We win in Receptions (OU +41), Yards(OU +875), Yards Per Rec(OU +2.7), Yards Per Game(OU +23.0), And TDs(OU +10). Thanks Shipley.

I just hate it when facts bear out those things.:D But, but, wait- :texan: has the best recruiting class of WRs since EVAR:rolleyes: