PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Be Careful!

Okla-homey
6/22/2010, 11:16 AM
I usually don't pass this sort of thing along, but I trust the source and it's scary as heck. I have redacted the victim's name whom I know personally.

In short, CLOSE YOUR GARAGE DOOR AFTER YOU PULL IN AND BEFORE YOU GO IN THE HOUSE.

You know <blank> lives down the street on Owasso Place or something. That street that angles off toward Peoria north of us in Maple Ridge. <blank> had just gotten home from a baseball game last night, left his garage door up and door open b/c he had out-of-town guests following him home from the game.

He was in the house and turned around saw that 3 black guys had just come in - masked, guns pointed at him. They tied him up and hit him in the head and stole EVERYTHING - money, wallet, phone, ipod, computer, car (brand new Lexus) and keys.

They made him give them the combination to his safe in his garage and they took all of his guns. Fortunately they left all of their fingerprints. Then they threw him in the bathroom and left him. Then <blank's> company arrived - a friend and his 12-yr-old son.

They tied up the kid and held a gun to his head and tied up the dad, too. Stole $800 in cash and took his keys and phone, too. He's just on a trip around the country with his kid going to different baseball fields. Threw the kid in the bathroom w/ <blank> and beat up the dad and then threw him in the bathroom, too.

They heard the guys talking and they were flipping a coin to see if they were going to kill <blank> and friends. The coin landed on the "kill" option but they noticed <blank's> certificate and a hat from a recent Blackwater training seminar thing he had attended, and they asked the guest dad if he was a federal agent. He said "no" - later wishing he'd said yes.

Anyway, they took everything and scared the living daylights out of them all, of course, including the kid. <blank> and his friend did hear them referring to one of the guys by a name like Lilo or something that the cops determined was possibly the name of the head of the Crips gang. I guess they're working on it.”

NormanPride
6/22/2010, 11:21 AM
That's insane.

soonerscuba
6/22/2010, 11:24 AM
I refuse to believe there are black people in Owasso.

Okla-homey
6/22/2010, 11:25 AM
I refuse to believe there are black people in Owasso.

Owasso Place, in Maple Ridge. Please try to keep up.;)

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 11:26 AM
We don't call them black people up here, just neighbor, friend, etc.

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 11:33 AM
Stupid freaking crackers. If you gots lots of stuff someone s gonna try and separate you from yo stuff if yo make yoself a mark.

Turn on yo interweb and if yo make a million plus a year yo mght wanna hire yoself sum muscle. The polease is busy trying to explan to yo mayo that having polease is impotant and dat us and da bluds realize yo don't got no polease in the air neither.

Yo all is fair game.

Seriously though....times are hard folks and incidents like Homey istalling about are on the rise. If your workng n the backyard make sure your house is locked and the alarm is set. Yeah it's a hassl. But that's why you have an alarm and a panic code for. Get smart because the criminals are getting smarter quick.

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 11:36 AM
Also...if you are one of them carry permit bastages you better be prepared to mve if you cap one of them Crips or Bloods.

yermom
6/22/2010, 11:41 AM
i knew some kids in Owasso that went around cleaning out garages left open at night, then started going into the houses to take stuff as well, eventually

this was almost 20 years ago though

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 11:41 AM
Just move to Owasso. It's a no liberal zone up here, so theres basically no crime, the town's not bankrupt, the schools don't suck and the people are friendly. :)

Sans the occasional helpful garage cleaning (told ya people were friendly)

NormanPride
6/22/2010, 11:44 AM
Tulsa World article (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100622_11_A14_Armedr839324&archive=yes)

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 11:47 AM
Owasso is M I L Fville.

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 11:51 AM
Tulsa World article (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100622_11_A14_Armedr839324&archive=yes)

per one of the comments on that article....

2200 So Jackson Ave is smack dab in the middle of a Tulsa Housing Authority Complex.

yermom
6/22/2010, 11:52 AM
Owasso is M I L Fville.

i still can't get over how big it is now

my mom moved there in '90 and there was basically nothing on 96th street

OKLA21FAN
6/22/2010, 11:56 AM
i knew some kids in Owasso that went around cleaning out garages left open at night, then started going into the houses to take stuff as well, eventually

this was almost 20 years ago though
still behind bars? :pop:

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 11:58 AM
It's a good thing the Owasso Police weren't involved or everyone would be dead. Those guys are good at traffic tickets and domestic violence but if I needed someone to save me and my Family from being held hostage, I'd much prefer the Tulsa Police be involved.

yermom
6/22/2010, 12:00 PM
the oldest was 17 when they got caught

they all pretty much got slapped on the wrist

as far as i know, they were never caught in the act or confronted anyone though

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 12:11 PM
Yermom...did they ever pay the folks they stole from back?

yermom
6/22/2010, 01:20 PM
yeah, like 16-17 year old kids didn't blow all the money they got pawning stuff

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 01:28 PM
Those guys are good at traffic tickets and domestic violence but if I needed someone to save me and my Family from being held hostage, I'd much prefer the Tulsa Police be involved.It's because TPD has more experience in that area, unfortunately.

Serge Ibaka
6/22/2010, 01:42 PM
I'm scared about things.

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 02:32 PM
It's because TPD has more experience in that area, unfortunately.

The fact that Owasso's PD is full of Barney Fife wannabes has nothing to do with it?

Leroy Lizard
6/23/2010, 04:07 PM
We don't call them black people up here, just neighbor, friend, etc.

He was in the house and turned around saw that 3 friends had just come in - masked, guns pointed at him. His friends tied him up and hit him in the head and stole EVERYTHING - money, wallet, phone, ipod, computer, car (brand new Lexus) and keys.

I dunno. Doesn't sound right. ;)

Pricetag
6/23/2010, 04:20 PM
They heard the guys talking and they were flipping a coin to see if they were going to kill <blank> and friends. The coin landed on the "kill" option but they noticed <blank's> certificate and a hat from a recent Blackwater training seminar thing he had attended, and they asked the guest dad if he was a federal agent. He said "no" - later wishing he'd said yes.

Can someone explain to me how this would have worked out better for him had he said, "yes"?

Okla-homey
6/23/2010, 07:59 PM
Can someone explain to me how this would have worked out better for him had he said, "yes"?

Simple. If you kill a Federal cop, you have committed a federal offense and the local and state cops looking for you and who will ensure you're shot while trying to escape or resisting arrest will be augmented by the FBI. And if you survive the capture, you'll be sentenced to a federal penitentiary on conviction. I think anyone who has done time in the jug has been taught that by more experienced criminals.

Thus, the guest regretted not saying the homeowner was a federal officer because that would have been insurance against the perps' decision to shoot them.

Fortunately for them, they chose not to kill them and just left with the loot.

BudSooner
6/24/2010, 11:18 AM
Just move to Owasso. It's a no liberal zone up here, so theres basically no crime, the town's not bankrupt, the schools don't suck and the people are friendly. :)

Sans the occasional helpful garage cleaning (told ya people were friendly)
Keep telling yourself that, not all of them but many of them are worse than the southside snobs in Tulsa.:D

Owasso is M I L Fville.
TROOF!

per one of the comments on that article....

2200 So Jackson Ave is smack dab in the middle of a Tulsa Housing Authority Complex.
I've installed cable at that joint, trust me, it's a major ****hole and needs to be leveled at the earliest possible convenience.

i still can't get over how big it is now

my mom moved there in '90 and there was basically nothing on 96th street
I remember when there wasn't anything beyond 119th east ave on 86th street north and that area southeast of German Corner? Wow!

Bixby is growing by leaps and bounds....certainly.:D

yermom
6/24/2010, 11:26 AM
hmm, i guess i haven't been SE of German Corner in a while