PDA

View Full Version : So, how long before...

Okla-homey
6/22/2010, 10:41 AM
some bright entrepenuer on the Gulf coast starts making lemonade out of the lemons posed by the big oil spill?

Specifically, what if a guy went out to he beach with a butt-load of empty baby food jars, put a glop of the oil stuff in each, affixed a snappy label stating "contained herein is oil from THE WORLD'S MOST DEVASTATING ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER!11!" and sold same for $19.95 each (plus shipping)?

He could even make-up an official-looking CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY on his computer, stating the date and location of the oil collection to send out with each jar. Heck, people might even collect a whole series if he sold jars collected in the various states affected by the goo.

Heck, I'd buy one. He could even state "a portion of the proceeds from each sale will go towards pelican washing" or something.

Oh, and someone needs to start the ADOPT A PELICAN campaign. You know, for a contribution of $50.00, we will wash a pelican and send you before and after photos.

Come on people, there is money to be made here!

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 10:52 AM
Oil filled golf balls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9m3GyDh6M8&feature=player_embedded) sounds like a winner to me.

NormanPride
6/22/2010, 10:57 AM
I think this is already being done...

Okla-homey
6/22/2010, 11:29 AM
I think this is already being done...

Too bad Billy Mays croaked. He could have made millions parlaying this with his Oxy-clean campaign. "Cuts grease like magic and leaves feathers feathery"

KC//CRIMSON
6/22/2010, 11:41 AM
A better idea would be to go down there and sell miniature bottles of Dawn dishwashing soap to people who want to participate in cleaning up the wildlife. Then turn around and donate the money.

yermom
6/22/2010, 11:56 AM
better for whom? :D

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 12:03 PM
I'm working on a deal with Night Trips and I'm supposed to supply some of gulf oil and sand for these oil wrestling events they have scheduled for July. Drinks will be a dollar off and beers will be $2, mini-pitchers will be the same price but you will be getting a large pitcher for the price of a mini.

KC//CRIMSON
6/22/2010, 12:07 PM
better for whom? :D

http://cuteotters.com/uploads/Baby_Otters_01.jpg

Help us, Yermom. You're our only hope....

oumartin
6/22/2010, 12:12 PM
Invest in a tank battery and tanker truck. go suck a truckload of oil water out of the ocean and then pump it into the tanks, let the two seperate and drain the water off the bottom. 200 barrels of oil at 70.00 a barrel = good bucks.

You could easily ship out 400 barrels a week.

boomerinhou
6/22/2010, 06:40 PM
some bright entrepenuer on the Gulf coast starts making lemonade out of the lemons posed by the big oil spill?

Specifically, what if a guy went out to he beach with a butt-load of empty baby food jars, put a glop of the oil stuff in each, affixed a snappy label stating "contained herein is oil from THE WORLD'S MOST DEVASTATING ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER!11!" and sold same for $19.95 each (plus shipping)?

He could even make-up an official-looking CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY on his computer, stating the date and location of the oil collection to send out with each jar. Heck, people might even collect a whole series if he sold jars collected in the various states affected by the goo.

Heck, I'd buy one. He could even state "a portion of the proceeds from each sale will go towards pelican washing" or something.

Oh, and someone needs to start the ADOPT A PELICAN campaign. You know, for a contribution of $50.00, we will wash a pelican and send you before and after photos.

Come on people, there is money to be made here!

From the folks who brought you the PET ROCK in the 1970s, now in 2010 you can have your own ecological disaster right in your own home with MY PET OIL SPILL...comes complete with instructions on how to take care and nuture your OIL SPILL that will last for centuries to come!

Also included is your PET OIL SPILL business, property and unemployment compensation kit that comes with business and property damage/loss and unemployment claim forms, and $20 billion in paper compensation payment money...printed right from the U.S. Government printing presses!

Now you can have your own pet that will grow, and grow, and grow and take over the entire neighborhood! Get your PET OIL SPILL today!!

:D

OKLA21FAN
6/22/2010, 06:53 PM
https://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/office_space_kit_mat.jpg

VeeJay
6/22/2010, 10:01 PM
http://www.culinaryperformance.com/uploaded_images/vince_slap_chop-723156.jpg

ShamWow. duh.

homerSimpsonsBrain
6/23/2010, 12:29 PM
Nobody ever went broke because they overestimated the stupidity of the american consumer

Okla-homey
6/30/2010, 03:16 PM
You gotta love the American people. Two guys in Florida did it. Capitalism is great!

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Brothers-Selling-Oil-Spill-Souveniers-97451229.html

KC//CRIMSON
6/30/2010, 03:19 PM
You gotta love the American people. Two guys in Florida did it. Capitalism is great!

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Brothers-Selling-Oil-Spill-Souveniers-97451229.html

It's not even the real oil from the spill. Funny picture too.

Okla-homey
6/30/2010, 03:45 PM
It's not even the real oil from the spill.

Yeah. Which means I could have done the same thing here in Tulsa. That's why I shall remain a poor working class schmuck and they will be rich.:O

Ike
6/30/2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah. Which means I could have done the same thing here in Tulsa. That's why I shall remain a poor working class schmuck and they will be rich.:O

If there's another thing that Americans are good at, it's jumping on the bandwagon. Just because they have already done it, doesn't mean you can't too.

Buy Homeys real oil spill jar. It's 10% more oily than those other guys!

KC//CRIMSON
6/30/2010, 04:25 PM
If there's another thing that Americans are good at, it's jumping on the bandwagon. Just because they have already done it, doesn't mean you can't too.

Buy Homeys real oil spill jar. It's 10% more oily than those other guys!

Take one old school (glass) two litre bottle of Coke, fill halfway with clear Wesson Oil, fill the remaining half with water and a few drops of blue food coloring. Screw on lid, turn and roll on its side. Presto! Instant ocean in a bottle.

Next, unscrew lid, add squirts of motor oil. Presto! Instant BP oil spill!!