PDA

View Full Version : Obama is such a baby

Veritas
6/22/2010, 07:01 AM
What a ****ing *****. How is this candyass our President? Nice voting idiots.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/22/top-general-in-afghanistan-recalled-to-washington/?utm_medium=twitter&hpt=T2

Let's recall a general become some ******* in Rolling Stone prints an article that hurts Obaby's widdle feewings.

**** him. I hope we can scrape this place back together after he gets done with his four year reign of stupidity.

Frozen Sooner
6/22/2010, 07:29 AM
I'm sure that someone who's actually served could probably enlighten us further, but I'm relatively sure that officers being critical of the Commander in Chief to the press is usually frowned upon as a serious breach of military protocol.

SoonerJack
6/22/2010, 07:51 AM
I'm sure that someone who's actually served could probably enlighten us further, but I'm relatively sure that officers being critical of the Commander in Chief to the press is usually frowned upon as a serious breach of military protocol.

...but an excellent example of truth-telling.

olevetonahill
6/22/2010, 08:08 AM
Hell i were just Boots on the ground , that kinda shat is way above my pay grade.
Kinda wonder tho how obama calling him on the carpet in public is any better than what was said and done by him and his aides :confused:

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 08:35 AM
Odd, I thought lefties loved whistle blowers??

McChrystal was just speaking truth to power. None of this is news, we all (or at least a vast majority of the country does by now) knows what an incompetent, thin skinned, empty suit this cry baby is.

So it should be no surprise that the wheels are coming off the hopenchange express. I just hope we can salvage what's left of our economy, our environment and our national security after this guy is finally thrown outta office.

Frozen Sooner
6/22/2010, 08:37 AM
Odd, I thought righties thought criticizing the president in wartime was treason?

You should be clamoring for the death penalty or prison for McChrystal right now. You know, if you were ever consistent about anything except for blind curtain-chewing hatred of anything that's not Republican.

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 08:41 AM
Odd, I thought righties thought criticizing the president in wartime was treason?But it's not a war, ITS A MAN CAUSED DISASTER!!!!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
6/22/2010, 08:48 AM
Why do I have the feeling this thread will have a LOT of stupid posts by evening?

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 09:03 AM
All of this wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that it is our soldiers and our national security who pay the highest price for their ineptitude. BOTH OF THEM.

JohnnyMack
6/22/2010, 09:18 AM
This sounds eerily similar to what happened with Fox Fallon. You would think these guys would have more common sense.

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 09:25 AM
McChrystal reportedly voted for Obama. Nothing reflects worse on his common sense than that.

olevetonahill
6/22/2010, 09:43 AM
Why do I have the feeling this thread will have a LOT of stupid posts by evening?

Cause the tards from both extremes are posting ? What i win ?

NormanPride
6/22/2010, 09:56 AM
Hmm. Without knowing anything I look at it differently. If you've got a subordinate calling you out to the press and you don't do anything then you're a weak leader, right?

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 09:58 AM
Wonder if General McCrystal wrote the forward to this book??
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GDH5MrKOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Whiny-Little-Bitch-Excuse-Filled-Presidency/dp/0984544704/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277218660&sr=8-1

Pricetag
6/22/2010, 10:06 AM

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/22/top-general-in-afghanistan-recalled-to-washington/?utm_medium=twitter&hpt=T2

Let's recall a general become some ******* in Rolling Stone prints an article that hurts Obaby's widdle feewings.

**** him. I hope we can scrape this place back together after he gets done with his four year reign of stupidity.
If he just let this happen with no repercussions to the general, would he not be a weak leader in your eyes? Did he have a chance to do anything that would have satisified you?

SoonerStormchaser
6/22/2010, 02:14 PM
McChrystal is gonna get rightfully taken to the mat over this. For the umpteenth time: you do NOT publicly criticize your Commander In Chief if you wear the uniform!

Collier11
6/22/2010, 02:24 PM
So, lets remove a highly decorated and successful military guy because he criticized the president, If Obama fires him I will lose all respect for him...sorry, that was funny, I dont have any respect for him anymore

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 02:25 PM
McChrystal is gonna get rightfully taken to the mat over this. For the umpteenth time: you do NOT publicly criticize your Commander In Chief if you wear the uniform!

When Obama was elected I know for sure that you restrained yourself. I have nothing but respect for you and that event.

Anyone who doesn't understand how serious this is in regards to the trouble McChrystal is in will be shocked to find that the current POTUS doesn't enforce the rules on the General and instead tries to work through it to benefit the events in Afghanistan. Quite a spot the General not only put himself in but the POTUS IMO.

Collier11
6/22/2010, 02:28 PM
and just to clarify, I am not saying he shouldnt be punished but I think firing a guy of his rank and experience in the military over this is counter productive.

Its not like the mgr of Homeland firing SJS because he didnt stock the maters right and then yelling at the mgr for it

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 02:29 PM
So, lets remove a highly decorated and successful military guy because he criticized the president, If Obama fires him I will lose all respect for him...sorry, that was funny, I dont have any respect for him anymore

Lets face it...you don't have any respect for the current POTUS anyway so how he handles this won't really have any effect....lol

Collier11
6/22/2010, 02:32 PM
Lets face it...you don't have any respect for the current POTUS anyway so how he handles this won't really have any effect....lol

Heh, well that was honestly a joke. I will always have respect for the POTUS, I just dont respect alot of the decisions that he makes

C&CDean
6/22/2010, 02:36 PM
This ain't the first time a high-ranking military officer has called out the prez. I'm thinking Patton did it, McArthur did it, and I'm sure several others.

That being said, you wait until you retire before you pop off. I agree with him, and think Brack is the worse single thing to happen to this country since Jimmy Carter, but if I was a military man, it's simply "yes sir." Period.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/22/2010, 02:41 PM
This ain't the first time a high-ranking military officer has called out the prez. I'm thinking Patton did it, McArthur did it, and I'm sure several others.

That being said, you wait until you retire before you pop off. I agree with him, and think Brack is the worse single thing to happen to this country since Jimmy Carter, but if I was a military man, it's simply "yes sir." Period.If he voted for Obama, that speaks LOUDLY about his judgment.

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 02:42 PM
Heh, well that was honestly a joke. I will always have respect for the POTUS, I just dont respect alot of the decisions that he makes

The way I understand these things as I've been alive for a few wars now and have seen/heard and read the fallout of many others is that having a General go Rogue on a President is bad juju. Lets say that it's OK. Then an enlisted guy that openly states that he thinks 9-11-01 wasn't a call for military action and doesn't think he should have to follow orders isn't OK if say G.W. Bush is POTUS but once someone you don't care for is in charge...it's OK?

It's bad for our Country. The General is a smart guy. I can't imagine what he thought would happen if he documented all he said. He must have had a reason. That being said...it's possible that he tried to affect the outcome of certain events he wasn't in full agreement with. If that's the case...the Military Brass will eat him alive is my guess. Then the POTUS will really have some problems on his hands.

I have to think this is way more about the General being wacko and the POTUS being a Whiney-bitch....lol

NormanPride
Yup. IMO, military figures shouldn't even talk to the press, unless they want to use it as a recruiting tool or something.

Breadburner
I think O dumba will quit before its all over with.....

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 02:46 PM

And then you'll have this for POTUS.

http://jmbell.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/political-pictures-joe-biden-sample-enzyte.jpg

C&CDean
6/22/2010, 02:55 PM
Smilin' Joe. heh.

Okla-homey
6/22/2010, 02:56 PM
I'm no fan of BHO as you all know, but if the Rolling Stone writer got it even half right, the command climate General McChrystal allowed to permeate in theater, and the fact his personal staff were comfortable articulating their disdain for the administration TO A FLIPPIN' REPORTER means he needs to go.

Bottomline: People who wear the uniform are not afforded the right to criticize their civilian leadership. In fact, its a crime to do so under the UCMJ.

Pricetag
6/22/2010, 02:56 PM
To be fair, he'll have to. He's limited by law to only two terms.

KC//CRIMSON
6/22/2010, 02:58 PM
Leave the quitting to Palin.

Serge Ibaka
6/22/2010, 03:00 PM
^lol

Collier11
6/22/2010, 03:07 PM
Did you just LOL your own post?

SteelCitySooner
6/22/2010, 03:09 PM
I'm no fan of BHO as you all know, but if the Rolling Stone writer got it even half right, the command climate General McChrystal allowed to permeate in theater, and the fact his personal staff were comfortable articulating their disdain for the administration TO A FLIPPIN' REPORTER means he needs to go.

Bottomline: People who wear the uniform are not afforded the right to criticize their civilian leadership. In fact, its a crime to do so under the UCMJ.

Absolutely 100% on ^^

KC//CRIMSON
6/22/2010, 03:10 PM
Did you just LOL your own post?

Drinking early again?

6/22/2010, 03:30 PM
Drinking early again?Now that "Breaking Bad" is over for the season, I'm putting you back on ignore, and your troll Serge Ibaka, as well. Thanks for the leftist drivel.

Serge Ibaka
6/22/2010, 03:37 PM
Now that "Breaking Bad" is over for the season, I'm putting you back on ignore, and your troll Serge Ibaka, as well. Thanks for the leftist drivel.

Agreed. It's fun to pretend that all of the people who disagree with you actually don't exist. I think that's the true spirit of American democracy..or something close to that, at least.

Wait, no. I'm only kidding, and you're just a big grouchy-bear.

KC//CRIMSON
6/22/2010, 03:43 PM
Now that "Breaking Bad" is over for the season, I'm putting you back on ignore, and your troll Serge Ibaka, as well. Thanks for the leftist drivel.

Today the role of Barney Fife will be played by Rush Limbaugh is my clone!

Curly Bill
6/22/2010, 04:00 PM
^lol

Lamest thing EVAR.

Having your troll LOL your post.

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

KC//CRIMSON
6/22/2010, 04:01 PM
Lamest thing EVAR.

You old curmudgeons are hilarious, delusional as *uck, but still hilarious none the less.

Curly Bill
6/22/2010, 04:02 PM
You old curmudgeons are hilarious, delusional as *uck, but still hilarious none the less.

You make it easy for us. ;) :D

EnragedOUfan
6/22/2010, 04:07 PM
and just to clarify, I am not saying he shouldnt be punished but I think firing a guy of his rank and experience in the military over this is counter productive.

Its not like the mgr of Homeland firing SJS because he didnt stock the maters right and then yelling at the mgr for it

I highly disagree.........Army regulations are in place for a reason (Politics are pretty much a no-go). I don't agree with many of them, but because we (military) all swear an oath obey all orders given from officers appointed over us, we have to follow them. There's absolutely no excuse for a four-star to criticize the White House or President/Vice President at all. It is the most unprofessional thing you could do, especially during a time of war to a freaking Rolling Stones magazine. Sorry, but even though many people like to can Obama and sometimes I disagree with orders given from above, Obama's the Commander-in-Chief and our President and the position deserves respect, even if we don't agree. For a four-star/leading US Commander downrange to say crap like this is not good......

EnragedOUfan
6/22/2010, 04:13 PM

Sorry bro, but as a proud member of the United States Army, I know that bad mouthing my Commander-in-Chief/officers appointed over me/own Government to a Rolling Stones magazine in which the whole entire world knows about is a freaking no-go......

Curly Bill
6/22/2010, 04:13 PM
I think it's funny as carp, and Brack deserves every bit of sh*t that gets flung his way, but yeah, even with a POS POTUS like Brack ya can't have your military leadership doing this.

SoonerStormchaser
6/22/2010, 04:29 PM
When Obama was elected I know for sure that you restrained yourself. I have nothing but respect for you and that event.

Anyone who doesn't understand how serious this is in regards to the trouble McChrystal is in will be shocked to find that the current POTUS doesn't enforce the rules on the General and instead tries to work through it to benefit the events in Afghanistan. Quite a spot the General not only put himself in but the POTUS IMO.

I know there's sarcasm in that reply.

Yes, I was extremely angry over the election...and I think some of the concerns I posted have come true and are coming true. That being said, the day that he took office, I have not said ONE PEEP of a disparaging comment directed at him, because he is my boss and this is a public forum. You guys know my politics, it's no secret, but I still am held to the standards of a military member.

tommieharris91
6/22/2010, 04:38 PM
Rolling Stone Article (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/17390/119236)

Collier11
6/22/2010, 04:44 PM
Drinking early again?

Agreed. It's fun to pretend that all of the people who disagree with you actually don't exist. I think that's the true spirit of American democracy..or something close to that, at least.

Wait, no. I'm only kidding, and you're just a big grouchy-bear.

Today the role of Barney Fife will be played by Rush Limbaugh is my clone!

Lamest thing EVAR.

Has a troll ever been outed this early in SFs history? :D

Collier11
6/22/2010, 04:44 PM
I highly disagree.........Army regulations are in place for a reason (Politics are pretty much a no-go). I don't agree with many of them, but because we (military) all swear an oath obey all orders given from officers appointed over us, we have to follow them. There's absolutely no excuse for a four-star to criticize the White House or President/Vice President at all. It is the most unprofessional thing you could do, especially during a time of war to a freaking Rolling Stones magazine. Sorry, but even though many people like to can Obama and sometimes I disagree with orders given from above, Obama's the Commander-in-Chief and our President and the position deserves respect, even if we don't agree. For a four-star/leading US Commander downrange to say crap like this is not good......

I can respect that

KC//CRIMSON
6/22/2010, 04:45 PM
Has a troll ever been outed this early in SFs history? :D

As soon as you out one, Matlock, let us know!

Collier11
6/22/2010, 04:48 PM
As soon as you out one, Matlock, let us know!

Too late ;)

KC//CRIMSON
6/22/2010, 04:49 PM
FOUND ONE! :pop:

ORLY?

MclOUvin
6/22/2010, 04:53 PM
Obamas a p*** and its no wonder he quivered at the idea of being in a room with a bunch of military guys who had actually earned their stripes in their careers.

He has no clue what being in the military means

6/22/2010, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Serge Ibaka
"Agreed. It's fun to pretend that all of the people who disagree with you actually don't exist. I think that's the true spirit of American democracy..or something close to that, at least.
Wait, no. I'm only kidding, and you're just a big grouchy-bear."

If/when you know that most of the time, what you are about to read is just not worth the time it takes to read, the ignore feature serves its purpose.

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 06:00 PM
Obamas a p*** and its no wonder he quivered at the idea of being in a room with a bunch of military guys who had actually earned their stripes in their careers.

He has no clue what being in the military means

Since he wasn't in the Military I'd say you are damn near a genius with that statement.

juan
Damn near...lol

GKeeper316
6/22/2010, 06:21 PM
one of the rights you voluntarily give up when joining the US armed forces, is your right to free speech.

officers are not permitted to publicly criticize either policy or orders. they do what they are told and as long as they wear a uniform, if they have any complaints at all, they go through their chain of command. a breach of chain of command is punishable under the UCMJ.

whether you respect the man who holds the office or not, you WILL respect the office, itself.

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 06:30 PM
I think that's where lots of folks miss the boat on the POTUS thing.

They respect the guy when it's someone they like but **** all over the guy they didn't vote for.

This is America. The greatest Country on Earth and if you think the POTUS is a dip**** you have every right to voice your opinion as a Private Citizen. If you are in charge of defending this Country and he's your Boss...you better follow orders. Even though Obama might step on some toes of the Military Brass...I believe that he (just as Clinton learned) understands that our Military and the running of it is a very serious matter. It's not to be trifled with unless your Daddy was a War Hero and can get you out of trouble when you don't show for duty.

Okla-homey
6/22/2010, 08:31 PM
Even though Obama might step on some toes of the Military Brass...I believe that he (just as Clinton learned) understands that our Military and the running of it is a very serious matter. It's not to be trifled with unless your Daddy was a War Hero and can get you out of trouble when you don't show for duty.

I disagree ST. I honestly do. BHO is clueless about military matters and doesn't have any civilian executive experience with which to provide even scant insight. In short, he's the least qualified person to ever hold the office and that generally explains how such a bright guy can be such a walking abortion of a president to date.

SteelCitySooner
6/22/2010, 09:21 PM
And Homey has every right to say that as a retired officer. McChrystal, myself, and a few others on this board, not so much..

picasso
6/22/2010, 09:45 PM
Odd, I thought righties thought criticizing the president in wartime was treason?

You should be clamoring for the death penalty or prison for McChrystal right now. You know, if you were ever consistent about anything except for blind curtain-chewing hatred of anything that's not Republican.

Rules of engagement.

soonerhubs
6/22/2010, 10:03 PM
Can I say I think he's a whiny bitch, but for other reasons? Such as his complaints that people were criticizing him about his handling of the gulf. I've never seen such a thinner skinned ******-bag in the WH.

Why doesn't he strap on a pair and work instead of pretending like it's still 2008?

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
6/22/2010, 11:42 PM
Obama's done a REALLY good job of making righties look like babies!! He can't be a Marxist, a socialist, and a Muslim at the same time, right? I love watching all you republitards and libertarisocialists throw hissy fits like this!!!

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
6/22/2010, 11:43 PM
Can I say I think he's a whiny bitch, but for other reasons? Such as his complaints that people were criticizing him about his handling of the gulf. I've never seen such a thinner skinned ******-bag in the WH.

Why doesn't he strap on a pair and work instead of pretending like it's still 2008?

What could he do better? Got anything specific in mind? Other than cater to BP's every need?

Collier11
6/22/2010, 11:57 PM
Go to bed lesbo weirdo

ndpruitt03
6/23/2010, 12:12 AM
McChrystal didn't even say anything bad about Obama. Some of his unnamed aids sorta did but for all we know that could have been made up.

olevetonahill
6/23/2010, 12:24 AM
And Homey has every right to say that as a retired officer. McChrystal, myself, and a few others on this board, not so much..

Yup those of us who have served and finished our time in service
Have every right to Bitch, Or Praise.
as has been said those still wearing the Uniform need to STFU

But can someone point out what he said that was so wrong ?;)

Curly Bill
6/23/2010, 02:40 AM
He didn't say anything that wasn't correct.

olevetonahill
6/23/2010, 02:42 AM

Perzackery

Curly Bill
6/23/2010, 02:44 AM
I think we should give the guy a medal...

...or better yet, have him run for POTUS. :D

soonerhubs
6/23/2010, 06:08 AM
What could he do better? Got anything specific in mind? Other than cater to BP's every need?

I thought it was clear: He could stop whining about those critical of him, roll up those sleeves, and do his ****ing job.

Instead of this he has PR guys telling him which direction the political winds are blowing each and every nano-second encouraging him to say things like he needs to find an *** to kick, when it appears he's merely searching for whose *** to kiss. My hell people! Is it that complicated?

Okla-homey
6/23/2010, 06:35 AM

McCrystal took a big dump in his own mess kit.

It doesn't make any difference that he was perfectly accurate. The chain of command is still the chain of command, and he has to take a reaming from the empty suit sitting in the Oval Office. Instead of an apology, I personally wish he had said "I meant what I said, and you can have these f-----g stars."

The Chicago ward heeler dictating military policy. He's screwed-up everything else, why not the war in Afghanistan?

Sooner in Tampa
6/23/2010, 06:48 AM

Yeah...I think we should shove your *** in the pipe to clog it up!!

Sooner in Tampa
6/23/2010, 06:50 AM
McCrystal took a big dump in his own mess kit.

It doesn't make any difference that he was perfectly accurate. The chain of command is still the chain of command, and he has to take a reaming from the empty suit sitting in the Oval Office. Instead of an apology, I personally wish he had said "I meant what I said, and you can have these f-----g stars."
^^^^ THIS!!!!!

ndpruitt03
6/23/2010, 07:05 AM
We were probably better off not going on a full front on the so called 'good war' in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is going to forever be remembered as this generation's Vietnam. There basically is no mission in that country right now. Do they back the drug lords? Are they fighting the Taliban? Are they trying to basically create a new government there? None of this is really planned in this entire thing. There was a plan in Iraq when the Surge started.

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 08:13 AM
Afghanistan is going to forever be remembered as this generation's Vietnam.

:rolleyes: :pop:

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 08:15 AM
I think we should give the guy a medal...

...or better yet, have him run for POTUS. :D

He'd be a better Candidate than we've seen since Nixon.

Frozen Sooner
6/23/2010, 08:58 AM
But it's not a war, ITS A MAN CAUSED DISASTER!!!!!!!

Afghanistan isn't a war? ****, good deal. I guess we can get out of there now.

JohnnyMack
6/23/2010, 09:17 AM
McChrystal 2012

IBSomeoneElseSaysIt

Okla-homey
6/23/2010, 09:57 AM
We were probably better off not going on a full front on the so called 'good war' in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is going to forever be remembered as this generation's Vietnam. There basically is no mission in that country right now. Do they back the drug lords? Are they fighting the Taliban? Are they trying to basically create a new government there? None of this is really planned in this entire thing. There was a plan in Iraq when the Surge started.

Here's what you need to understand about Afghanistan. It's a medieval society, divided into various principalities run by war lords. Kinda like Scotland in the 14th century. Except Scots called their principalitie clans, which were run by clan chieftains. The analogy continues to hold in that the Afghan war lords, like the Scottish clan chiefs, have lieutenants related to them by blood and the line of sucession is hereditary. e.g. Jabba I dies, his favorite son Jabba II takes over. Jabba is aided in running his territory by his brothers, his sons and his nephews.

In short, Afghanistan, like Scotland before the English moved in and took control, has never had a true central government in the conventional sense. President Karzai, the titular leader, is basically the mayor of Kabul with no real ability to influence or control anything that happens in the rest of the country.

Therefoe, IMHO, based on actually having been there and seen the things I'm ranting about with my own Okie eyes, we have two course of action open to us: 1) occupy it and administer the place through an American viceroy, or 2) pay-off the war lords to do what we want. I think option no. 2 makes the most sense.

The other thing we could do, albiet politically untenable, is leave, let the Taliban and Al-Q declare victory, and after they have all moved back into Afghanistan from Syria, Jordan, Jerusalem, Pakistan, London, Paris and Dearborn, Michigan -- incinerate the place with ICBM's. :D

picasso
6/23/2010, 10:33 AM

Well that might be an idea since they need help in solving the problem.

Unimaginative troll slut.

OhU1
6/23/2010, 11:25 AM

Yep, that's the way it has to work. Like it or not BHO is the commander in chief. Truman recalled McArthur who chose to shoot off his mouth with the press. Generals serve at the pleasure of the President.

JohnnyMack
6/23/2010, 12:13 PM
The other thing we could do, albiet politically untenable, is leave, let the Taliban and Al-Q declare victory, and after they have all moved back into Afghanistan from Syria, Jordan, Jerusalem, Pakistan, London, Paris and Dearborn, Michigan -- incinerate the place with ICBM's. :D

This.

homerSimpsonsBrain
6/23/2010, 12:24 PM
This.

+1
(But I'd include Pakistan and Iran while we were at it. We could say we were reducing the number of nuclear warheads. More peaceful world and all. Or maybe we just say "oops" and a :O face)

olevetonahill
6/23/2010, 12:26 PM
Yahoo reportin obamer fired him .:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 02:44 PM
Like he had any choice. Most people fire themselves these days.

Collier11
6/23/2010, 03:17 PM
Yea, the more I thought about it and even though I dont agree that he should be fired, Obama comes off as an even bigger puss rag if he doesnt fire him

GKeeper316
6/23/2010, 03:31 PM

see i like where your head's at except for one small detail...

if you blow all those countries up, you kill everything, including the women... and arab women are ****ing beautiful.

KABOOKIE
6/23/2010, 03:44 PM

My how times have changed. Even the dems support the war in Afganistan/Iraq now. :rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner
6/23/2010, 04:01 PM
My how times have changed. Even the dems support the war in Afganistan/Iraq now. :rolleyes:

I don't believe you'll find a single post over nine years where I've been critical of fighting a war in Afghanistan. If you find one, feel free to let me know. So far as I remember, I've been pretty consistent over the last almost-decade is saying our military resources should be concentrated there.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with whether McChrystal broke military protocol. You and Tuba are only OK with it because the President happens to have a D after his name.

KABOOKIE
6/23/2010, 04:49 PM
I never said I was ok with what McCrystal did....you can search that all you want too.

StoopTroup
6/23/2010, 06:19 PM
You and Tuba are only OK with it because the President happens to have a D after his name.

Obamad?

Okla-homey
6/23/2010, 07:50 PM
Obamad?

Oilbama. Keep up!;)

picasso
6/23/2010, 11:26 PM
My what irony. Petraeus to the rescue.

StoopTroup
6/24/2010, 06:07 AM
Oilbama. Keep up!;)

Now that it's raining oil is it Soilbama?

Okla-homey
6/24/2010, 06:43 AM
My what irony. Petraeus to the rescue.

Some feel Oilbama put Dave Petraeus in Asscrackistan to eliminate a potential political rival in 2012. Just saying.

StoopTroup
6/24/2010, 06:46 AM
Kill or find OBL and he's re-elected in 2012.

picasso
6/24/2010, 07:14 AM
Some feel Oilbama put Dave Petraeus in Asscrackistan to eliminate a potential political rival in 2012. Just saying.

Obama threw him under the bus not so long ago.

Okla-homey
6/24/2010, 10:31 AM
Kill or find OBL and he's re-elected in 2012.

No, what's going to get him re-elected is his summer 2012 executive order granting amnesty and citizenship to illegal messicans who aren't in jail for crimes committed in the US. You just wait and see.

Frozen Sooner
6/24/2010, 10:35 AM
Homey, wouldn't he run into a separation of powers issue there? Amnesty, sure, but isn't the power to define who's a citizen vested in Congress as an Article I §8 power? I thought I remembered that when Reagan did the same thing he required an Act of Congress.

ndpruitt03
6/24/2010, 11:28 AM
Here's a vid to prove the irony of Obama hiring Petraeus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9wtAqXq7Sg

All he did was insult him and the Iraq war in his face.

If Petraeus somehow turns things around in Afghanistan and gets it going to right direction then this could actually help his run for President in '12 not hurt it.

Curly Bill
6/24/2010, 11:32 AM
I think the fact he's not named Brack Obama will help Petraeus if he runs. :D

KC//CRIMSON
6/24/2010, 11:37 AM
Being a war hero doesn't always work.

Sincerely,

John McCain

KABOOKIE
6/24/2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, no ****.

Regards
John Kerry.

I won Gulf War I and nobody re-elected me.

Sincerely,
Bush Sr.

KC//CRIMSON
6/24/2010, 11:59 AM
I won Gulf War I and nobody re-elected me.

Sincerely,

Bush Sr.

POOF!

Sincerely,

USA

Jerk
6/25/2010, 07:06 PM
I just read three pages of this over 6 shots of Jack Daniels washed down with Coke and no one has made the point that McCrystal wouldn't be dumb enough to say these horrible things about our communist-in-chief to a Rolling Stone reporter and not be oblvious to the fact that the reporter will leak it out.

The question is why?

My theory: McCyrstal didn't want to go down in history as the general who lost the war. Easier to go out...MacArthur style.

Oh, btw - Obama is a thin skinned whiny little bitch.

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2010, 07:19 PM
Knowing you, here's another theory and way more accurate: If Obama had not accepted his resignation you'd be calling him soft now.

KABOOKIE
6/25/2010, 08:25 PM
Here's another theory. If McCrystal had said these things about Bush you'd be off the chart with every post about how he was right and the Bush administration is a bunch of ****ing idiots.

SoonerKnight
6/25/2010, 08:50 PM
No, the rule of the millitary for officer's and enlisted is that you do not speak ill of the President until you are out of uniform. Meaning he could have written a nice book when he retired but while he was under command of the commander-in-chief he was expected to be a good soldier and STFU! He may have been able to have conversations with the President on how he felt but not in public. Also, this was the second time he had done this! He went too far and was replaced. Generals serve at the pleasure of the President do not forget!

KABOOKIE
6/25/2010, 08:57 PM
That still doesn't change my theory.

olevetonahill
6/25/2010, 09:57 PM
No, the rule of the millitary for officer's and enlisted is that you do not speak ill of the President until you are out of uniform. Meaning he could have written a nice book when he retired but while he was under command of the commander-in-chief he was expected to be a good soldier and STFU! He may have been able to have conversations with the President on how he felt but not in public. Also, this was the second time he had done this! He went too far and was replaced. Generals serve at the pleasure of the President do not forget!

This is true bro

That still doesn't change my theory.

Ima thinkin KABOOKIE
Is saying that If GWB had been in charge and this happened then KC and His Libs bros Would have Lambasted GWB no matter what :rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2010, 09:59 PM
You could say that, but you'd be wrong.

Rules are rules, you break them, you pay. Pretty simple.

6/25/2010, 10:04 PM
[B]

Ima thinkin KABOOKIE
Is saying that If GWB had been in charge and this happened then KC and His Libs bros Would have Lambasted GWB no matter what :rolleyes:That Draft Dodger "W"! What kind of a Patriot joins the Reserves, anyway?...a spoiled FatCat's son, who has no respect for the military.
Now take SlickWilly. There's an exemplary president. NOT a namby pamby who signed on to the Reserves. And, president Obama, who...oh, wait!

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2010, 10:15 PM
Could someone point out where it says military service is a requirement to become President in the Constitution?

SoonerKnight
6/26/2010, 12:57 AM
This is true bro

Ima thinkin KABOOKIE
Is saying that If GWB had been in charge and this happened then KC and His Libs bros Would have Lambasted GWB no matter what :rolleyes:

Then K/C would be wrong as well because the commander-in-chief is just that he is HMIC! The General knew what he was doing and at his pay grade didn't give a crap. You see being president you gotta have a big ego and being a general you probably have an even bigger ego because you get your first star and people really kiss your *** then you get your second star whoa nelly and by the third star well your feeling a lot like the prez who gets hail to the chief played in every room he walks into and event etc....

Leroy Lizard
6/26/2010, 01:13 AM
This is true bro

Ima thinkin KABOOKIE

And praised the generals for "having the nerve to speak out."

Leroy Lizard
6/26/2010, 01:14 AM
Then K/C would be wrong as well because the commander-in-chief is just that he is HMIC! The General knew what he was doing and at his pay grade didn't give a crap. You see being president you gotta have a big ego and being a general you probably have an even bigger ego because you get your first star and people really kiss your *** then you get your second star whoa nelly and by the third star well your feeling a lot like the prez who gets hail to the chief played in every room he walks into and event etc....

A bigger ego than Obama? Oh, my.

JohnnyMack
6/26/2010, 07:55 AM
Funny that none of you people seem to remember what happened to Fox Fallon while W was in office.

Jacie
7/5/2010, 01:43 PM
For an in depth look of why the majority opinion supported the President's actions . . .

Out of line

An insubordinate general. A soccer mutiny. Why hierarchy matters, even in an egalitarian world.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/06/27/out_of_line/?page=full