PDA

View Full Version : Heh, Even the Corn children are getting in on the Illegal trade

olevetonahill
6/22/2010, 12:10 AM
Ya want to Rent a shack in this town ya have to get a Renters permit . to do that ya have to show yer legal.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_nebraska_immigration

btk108
6/22/2010, 01:37 AM
awesome

Veritas
6/22/2010, 06:57 AM
Proud of my peeps up in Fremont.

I'm so ****ing tired of hearing about "racism" and "discrimination" when it comes to enforcing the ****ing law and kicking ILLEGAL ALIENS the **** out.

Frozen Sooner
6/22/2010, 07:52 AM
You need a ****ing permit to rent a house. Yeah, that's not a government intrusion on property rights at all.

olevetonahill
6/22/2010, 08:11 AM
You need a ****ing permit to rent a house. Yeah, that's not a government intrusion on property rights at all.

Mike since it was approved by a majority of the cities citizens That aint really the Government is it ?

Wouldnt that be more the Majority has spoken?

Frozen Sooner
6/22/2010, 08:23 AM
Yes, it really is the government. Simply because a law has majority approval doesn't mean that it's not still government action.

This is an incredibly broad infringement on the rights of property owners and absolutely reeks of command-style economy. Are you ****ing serious? I need a ****ing PERMIT to rent a home?

Leroy Lizard
6/22/2010, 08:32 AM
Why is it that no one ever objects to such intrusion unless minorities are involved?

Crucifax Autumn
6/22/2010, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't want to get a permit myself, and I'm basically whitey.

XingTheRubicon
6/22/2010, 09:07 AM
Why is it that no one ever objects to such intrusion unless minorities are involved?

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9164/canofworms.jpg (http://img138.imageshack.us/i/canofworms.jpg/)

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 09:12 AM
Yeah, this is BS.

Another result of complete failure by the federal government to secure our borders, which is its job.

Leroy Lizard
6/22/2010, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't want to get a permit myself, and I'm basically whitey.

But "not wanting to do it" is not the same as an objection.

The government intrudes in people's property rights all the freakin' time. In fact, it often seems to be the government's main job.

olevetonahill
6/22/2010, 09:59 AM
Yup seems like in a lot of towns ya cant put a nail in the wall to hang a Picture with out gettin a permit .l :rolleyes:

XingTheRubicon
6/22/2010, 10:08 AM
but you're not a minority vet, so by sassy law, liberals are obligated not to give a ****.

49r
6/22/2010, 11:08 AM
So the meat packing plants will start building apartment complexes outside the city limits then?

OU Adonis
6/22/2010, 11:10 AM
You know I used to be anti - National ID card but I am starting to become for it.

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 11:20 AM
I quit renting and now just have a mandatory cash donation.

Okla-homey
6/22/2010, 11:24 AM
You know I used to be anti - National ID card but I am starting to become for it.

You've hit on of the great ironies in this whole dealio.

The most efficient way to prevent folks from hiring and or renting to illegals is issuance of a national ID to citizens and resident aliens so folks can tell at a glance if a person is here legally before they decide to hire or rent. But the John Birch tinfoil hat crowd is concerned such a card is the mark of the beast, will lead to one world order and will permit government mind-control.

The upshot is, some people are stupid.

OklahomaTuba
6/22/2010, 11:38 AM
Just make it like Obamacare. You're required to have it and show proof you have it, or else you can happily pay a "fee".

OU Adonis
6/22/2010, 11:55 AM
I am more worried about the government tracking my every move. I am a small government type of guy.

yermom
6/22/2010, 11:57 AM
i'm gonna guess they already know where you live

OUMallen
6/22/2010, 12:04 PM

Like you, I don't think it's so awful anymore. We're a society linked with computers and information. I don't mind if someone swipes my federal ID and finds out I have a warrant in...say, Iowa. Could I be tracked? I suppose. But I basically can be now anyway. It's just a fundamental change in society. I like being able to access my checking account from any ATM in the country; I accept that I may also be tracked with every swipe of a magnetic strip or cell phone call.

I'd rather have federal IDs than force people to get permits to RENT. That's ridiculous to me.

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 12:09 PM
Tinfoil doesn't work anyway. If any of you want real protection please PM me. I can make you a really nice .032 inch thickness helmet that will protect you. Remember though...safety doesn't come cheap. Helmets start at around $2000.00.

XingTheRubicon
6/22/2010, 07:12 PM
The upshot is, some people are stupid.

top shelf

SoonerInKCMO
6/22/2010, 07:40 PM
This is an incredibly broad infringement on the rights of property owners and absolutely reeks of command-style economy. Are you ****ing serious? I need a ****ing PERMIT to rent a home?

Yeah, this is BS.

Huh. Froze and Tuba on the same side of an argument. :gary:

SanJoaquinSooner
6/22/2010, 11:17 PM
I want random drug tests on renters too. If they're doing illegal drugs they should be in jail, not in one of Lizard's rentals - Leroy's with me on this, I know.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/22/2010, 11:29 PM

That's part of the package in the current immigration reform bill - a biometric social security card that only the owner can use. Current social security cards were never designed to be identification cards and that's why so many who are illegally present can use their cousin's SS card and SSA & e-verify can't tell.

I don't expect the reform bill to pass, especially with this recession hangover.

Frozen Sooner
6/23/2010, 09:02 AM
Clarification:

I have no problem with being required to show proof of legal residency before renting.

I do have a problem with being required to get a permit from a local official before you're allowed to rent a home.

TheBobbyTrain
6/23/2010, 09:42 AM
My parents own a couple of rent houses in Norman and one of the best renters they ever had was a young and more-than-likely illegal hispanic couple. Every month they were right on time with cash and they took immaculate care of the house (the lawn was top-notch I tell ya). Never had a problem with them (probably because they couldn't speak English very well and wouldn't know what to say) - the guy just worked hard to provide for his wife and newborn kid.

They were much better than a lot of the legal anglo-deadbeats that had to be kicked out because they'd rather pay their satellite TV bill and payments on a truck that was entirely out of their league than rent. Actually had that happen.

Moral of the story - not all illegal renters are bad. I'm sure there are stories of bad apples, but that was my experience with them.

Oh and I'm still against illegal immigration

Leroy Lizard
6/23/2010, 03:47 PM
Like you, I don't think it's so awful anymore. We're a society linked with computers and information. I don't mind if someone swipes my federal ID and finds out I have a warrant in...say, Iowa. Could I be tracked? I suppose. But I basically can be now anyway. It's just a fundamental change in society. I like being able to access my checking account from any ATM in the country; I accept that I may also be tracked with every swipe of a magnetic strip or cell phone call.

If this makes me pay the traffic ticket I received in Colorado, forget it. ;)

Leroy Lizard
6/23/2010, 03:52 PM
I want random drug tests on renters too. If they're doing illegal drugs they should be in jail, not in one of Lizard's rentals - Leroy's with me on this, I know.

I don't own any rentals, but I like the idea of drug testing on renters. I certainly think a landlord should be allowed to require drug testing. (Maybe in some states they can.)

How about this: You don't get your national id until you screen for drugs. Make failing a drug test a crime (in a similar vein as being in possession of stolen property).

My parents own a couple of rent houses in Norman and one of the best renters they ever had was a young and more-than-likely illegal hispanic couple. Every month they were right on time with cash and they took immaculate care of the house (the lawn was top-notch I tell ya). Never had a problem with them (probably because they couldn't speak English very well and wouldn't know what to say) - the guy just worked hard to provide for his wife and newborn kid.

They were much better than a lot of the legal anglo-deadbeats that had to be kicked out because they'd rather pay their satellite TV bill and payments on a truck that was entirely out of their league than rent. Actually had that happen.

That's all fine, but I don't think any of your story addresses the issue at hand. I am sure there are fugitives from justice (which illegal aliens actually are) that keep their rental property nice and clean, but so what?

Serge Ibaka
6/23/2010, 03:52 PM
Considering TheBobbyTrain's post, might these kind of laws hurt renters who enjoy their don't-ask-don't-tell liberties when it comes to renting their properties to brown people?