PDA

View Full Version : 3 Sooners on Outland Watch List

SunnySooner
6/21/2010, 02:57 PM
Woohoo, no surprise for AT, but a little surprised to see Cory and Ben, good for them.

Three Sooners on Outland Watch List

Cory Brandon, Ben Habern and Adrian Taylor named to initial Outland list for 2010.

NORMAN, Okla. -- Three Oklahoma players are on the first Outland Trophy watch list released prior to the 2010 college football season. The three are offensive tackle Cory Brandon, center Ben Habern and defensive tackle Adrian Taylor.

Brandon, a 6-7, 310-pound senior, currently sits atop the Sooner depth chart at right tackle. He is the most experienced player along OU’s offensive front with appearances in 30 Oklahoma games.

Habern, a sophomore, was the starting center last season as a freshman from game two through 11. He was felled by an ankle injury at Texas Tech and missed the final two contests of the campaign.

Taylor, a senior, had a breakout season in 2009 when he registered 37 tackles, including seven for loss and 3.5 sacks. He also knocked down one pass, recovered one fumble and blocked a kick.

The award is presented annually by the Football Writers Association of America to the outstanding college offensive lineman or defensive tackle.

The FWAA All-America Committee will select three finalists in late November and eventually the overall winner.

The Outland Trophy, presented annually since 1946, is the third oldest award in major college football. It is named after the late John Outland, an All-America lineman at Penn and Kansas at the turn of the century. The 2010 winner will be announced on The Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards Show on Dec. 9.

The Outland Trophy presentation banquet, sponsored by the Greater Omaha Sports Committee, will be on Jan. 13 in Omaha, Neb.

NormanPride
6/21/2010, 03:19 PM
If AT has a Finalist-type year, then we're going to be very good.

IronHorseSooner
6/21/2010, 03:37 PM
If all three of them have that type of year, we will be dangerous!

HBick
6/21/2010, 03:39 PM
If AT has a Finalist-type year, then we're going to be very good.

I just hope he is able to recover from that injury. Some players are able to bounce back and be productive (DeMarco, and before you say anything he has been a great running back for us), while others tend to struggle after major injuries like Taylor suffered. Lance Marshall was never quite the same after his knee injury. I remember him before that injury, he was the definition of a human missile

stoops the eternal pimp
6/21/2010, 03:40 PM
Lance Marshall was so different after the injury he changed his last name

BillyBall
6/21/2010, 03:53 PM

Heh...

SoonerTank
6/21/2010, 04:01 PM

I hate it when that happens!

HBick
6/21/2010, 04:12 PM
is it mitchell?

but seriously, he was never the same. i just hope him and Wort are able to be as dominant as we hoped.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/21/2010, 04:28 PM
is it mitchell?

but seriously, he was never the same. i just hope him and Wort are able to be as dominant as we hoped.

Kids these days... :rolleyes:

HBick
6/21/2010, 04:31 PM
Kids these days... :rolleyes:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-why-i-oughta-cat.jpg

soonerboy_odanorth
6/21/2010, 04:33 PM
Anybody know anything about Taylor's recovery? Haven't heard anything in a while...

badger
6/21/2010, 04:55 PM
Three Sooners also made the Naggy list.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100621_92_0_Oklaho688562)

SunnySooner
6/21/2010, 06:35 PM
I haven't heard anything on AT in awhile either, but I remember during the spring game coverage, he was walking around just fine, word then was he seemed to be well ahead of his recovery schedule, and should be good to go in the fall. I hope so, for his sake, gawd, that was a naaaasssstttyyyy break.

starclassic tama
6/22/2010, 02:35 PM
cory brandon is pretty laughable... hopefully he has a good year

Curly Bill
6/22/2010, 02:48 PM
Yup, Cory Brandon being on the list sorta cheapens, well...being put on the list.

NormanPride
6/22/2010, 03:38 PM
I don't think he's a starter right now... is he?

And reports are that AT will be cleared for full contact everything in time for fall stuffs.

starclassic tama
6/22/2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html

has been listed as the starter at right tackle this whole time

NormanPride
6/22/2010, 04:51 PM
I think in practice the loser of the Jones/Stephenson battle at LT will start over there. But I may be wrong.

IronSooner
6/22/2010, 10:18 PM
I can't believe Cory Brandon is on that list, but if he can improve and have a good year this next season we'll be alright.

gaylordfan1
6/23/2010, 08:24 AM
well, we could afford 10 false start penalties against Utah state! Hopefully he does not have a repeat first game!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/13/2010, 01:45 AM
Cory Brandon's name being on this list shows how not big of a deal it is to be on one of these award watch lists..

heck I'm sure half the posters here are on the Groza watch list

gaylordfan1
8/13/2010, 02:24 AM
Yup, Mensik ahead of him already on the depth chart.

sooner59
8/13/2010, 02:27 AM
Mensik is on the Groza watch list!