PDA

View Full Version : Did Chip Brown Get Anything Right?

PalmBeachSooner
6/21/2010, 12:43 PM
I don't think I found one thing in any thread that quoted Chip Brown that was correct.

Chip, you have some splaining to do.

ratherthanlater
6/21/2010, 12:56 PM
Chip Brown got the getting your name out to tons of people thing right. In today's media it doesn't matter if what you claim is true or not. Just that a lot of people are hearing it.:texan:

47straight
6/21/2010, 12:58 PM
http://twitter.com/Chipbrownieob

This morning when he called in to the radio, he claimed many things said by President Powers here

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/decision-on-athletics-more-nuanced-than-horse-trading-757857.html

conflicted with his reports. So who got it right? The jock-sniffer-stooge that reported the leaks hand-delivered by the sports information office? Or the slick lawyer/president?

fwsooner22
6/21/2010, 01:29 PM
Don't care much for Mr. Brown but he seems VERY connected and brought a ton of attention to the matter. That I do appreciate.

If he is reporting what he was told he is doing his job.

SoonerMom2
6/21/2010, 01:36 PM
One reason Texas was out in front is that their President is the head of the President's group for the Big 12 right now.

Do I believe what a lawyer has to say or a sports reporter? I think sports reporter wins out.

47straight
6/21/2010, 02:15 PM
One reason Texas was out in front is that their President is the head of the President's group for the Big 12 right now.

Do I believe what a lawyer has to say or a sports reporter? I think sports reporter wins out.

Chip Brown told me, after I gave him 10 bucks a month, that Darrell Scott was going to sign with Texas.

But then Darrell Scott signed with Colorado, where he had given his verbal commitment, where his uncle was playing, and where everyone else had said he was going.

But then Chip Brown told me, after I continued to give him 10 bucks a month, it was only because Darrell Scott's momma got a job from a booster in a bank in Boulder. Or at least he didn't want his subscribers thinking he, like his source, was full of it, had been full of it, and would always be full of it.

NormanPride
6/21/2010, 02:24 PM
He was nothing more than the unofficial Texas mouthpiece. Everything he said Texas wanted to get out so that things would unfold like they wanted. He has no special insight into Texas athletics, and simply said exactly what was told to him, regardless of whether or not he could verify it. That's what you call bad journalism.

OUMallen
6/21/2010, 02:25 PM
From what I could tell Chip was ahead of the game the entire time. Things he said happened later, and the story changed so much it all got muddled.

sooner518
6/21/2010, 02:34 PM
eventually he got it right.....

stoopified
6/21/2010, 03:34 PM
He was nothing more than the unofficial Texas mouthpiece. Everything he said Texas wanted to get out so that things would unfold like they wanted. He has no special insight into Texas athletics, and simply said exactly what was told to him, regardless of whether or not he could verify it. That's what you call bad journalism.So basically he is Dean Blevins clad in burnt orange?

HBick
6/21/2010, 03:41 PM
So basically he is Dean Blevins clad in burnt orange?

+1

Peach Fuzz
6/21/2010, 05:22 PM
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz336/tjanning/thGR_523501.jpg heh i got nuthin

BoulderSooner79
6/22/2010, 12:22 AM
He was nothing more than the unofficial Texas mouthpiece. Everything he said Texas wanted to get out so that things would unfold like they wanted. He has no special insight into Texas athletics, and simply said exactly what was told to him, regardless of whether or not he could verify it. That's what you call bad journalism.

From what I could tell Chip was ahead of the game the entire time. Things he said happened later, and the story changed so much it all got muddled.

Since the horns got about everything they wanted in this big12-2 dealio, these 2 statements are not contradictory.

47straight
6/22/2010, 11:02 AM
Since the horns got about everything they wanted in this big12-2 dealio, these 2 statements are not contradictory.

Last I saw, President Powers was not in the PAC-10 with his alma mater, Cal.

47straight
6/22/2010, 11:06 AM

Needs repeating. Over and over.

It does raise an interesting question. For those who don't live in Austin, there are two sports radio stations.

"The Zone" is the official longhorn network station, carries the games, has the play-by-play announcer's shows, etc.

"The Horn" is not the official longhorn network station, despite use of the school's trademark in their name. They're the ESPN station, but are manned mostly by the orangebloods dbag crew. They try to be even bigger dbag homers than "The Zone" ostensibly bc they want the official school contract.

So when the university SID dept decides to leak, they leak to Chip Brown and "The Horn," not to the official university station. Looks like Texas is screwing their own.

MclOUvin
6/22/2010, 04:50 PM
Chip Brown told me, after I gave him 10 bucks a month, that Darrell Scott was going to sign with Texas.

But then Darrell Scott signed with Colorado, where he had given his verbal commitment, where his uncle was playing, and where everyone else had said he was going.

But then Chip Brown told me, after I continued to give him 10 bucks a month, it was only because Darrell Scott's momma got a job from a booster in a bank in Boulder. Or at least he didn't want his subscribers thinking he, like his source, was full of it, had been full of it, and would always be full of it.

Why would any self respecting OU fan be on his site, paying a membership. Head check please

47straight
6/22/2010, 07:56 PM
It's the royal "I"

bluedogok
6/28/2010, 10:25 PM
Needs repeating. Over and over.

It does raise an interesting question. For those who don't live in Austin, there are two sports radio stations.
..or for those of us in Austin who know better than to listen to those steaming piles of Whorn waste.....

Tigeman
6/28/2010, 11:11 PM
Who cares, it gave us all 3-4 weeks of stuff to talk about in the off season! This board is hardly that alive during the season!!! :P

47straight
6/28/2010, 11:15 PM
what else is there? the kenny rogers lookalike and the whorn kicker on 590?

bluedogok
6/29/2010, 08:51 PM
I don't listen to any of the local sports talk, in fact I don;t listen to sports talk much at all anymore. During CONFERENCE CRISIS 2010 I listened more than I have all year combined and that was usually the national stuff on Sirius.