PDA

View Full Version : Jammal Brown is headed to Warsh

badger
6/20/2010, 12:56 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5306133)

The New Orleans Saints agreed to send disgruntled offensive tackle Jammal Brown to the Washington Redskins on Saturday.

Brown, who missed the entire 2009 season with hip and sports hernia injuries, signed his $3.62 million tender offer before the trade. He skipped the Saints' voluntary workouts this offseason because he was unhappy with the tender, along with the fact that he might have to compete with Jermon Bushrod to regain his starting job.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/20/2010, 01:38 PM
The Sports Animal yesterday was saying this was indictment of Washington regretting drafting Trent Williams. That was stupid to me because no matter what a rookie Left tackle is going to be average to above average in best case scenario. Why not a add a guy that can be an elite left tackle with the possibility that Trent can start as an elite right tackle and work his way into being an elite Left tackle down the road?

bri
6/20/2010, 02:51 PM
http://fbcdanville.com/fbc/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/600px-merge_sign.jpg

Eielson
6/20/2010, 03:10 PM
The Sports Animal yesterday was saying this was indictment of Washington regretting drafting Trent Williams.

The Redskins traded for McNabb to have success now. Trent Williams will probably be good, but it might take a few years. Anyway, you have two different tackle positions, and both of these guys can play either. If this deal works out, the Redskins just got a great tackle for next to nothing.

HBick
6/20/2010, 04:39 PM
Speaking of Warsh and their love for spending obscene amounts of money.

What's the boards thought on the Haynesworth situation? I'm curious to see how this plays out

Eielson
6/20/2010, 05:03 PM
Speaking of Warsh and their love for spending obscene amounts of money.

What's the boards thought on the Haynesworth situation? I'm curious to see how this plays out

Less than 4 million for a top-notch LT is not obscene.

rawlingsHOH
6/20/2010, 06:34 PM
The Sports Animal yesterday was saying this was indictment of Washington regretting drafting Trent Williams. That was stupid to me because no matter what a rookie Left tackle is going to be average to above average in best case scenario. Why not a add a guy that can be an elite left tackle with the possibility that Trent can start as an elite right tackle and work his way into being an elite Left tackle down the road?

that is silly. anyone following the redskins knew that they were hard after jammal brown even before the draft. has nothing to do with how williams has performed. they should stick to talking about stuff they know about.

Eielson
6/20/2010, 06:37 PM
that is silly. anyone following the redskins knew that they were hard after jammal brown even before the draft. has nothing to do with how williams has performed. they should stick to talking about stuff they know about.

If the media stuck to what they know, they wouldn't say much.

badger
6/20/2010, 08:00 PM
It's a nice welcoming present to McNabb to have a pro bowl caliber o-lineman and a top draft pick o-lineman brought in to protect him during his first season as a Redskin.

EDIT: I had no idea we already had a thread here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142475&highlight=brown) I did a search for it before posting, didn't see anything... probably because i searched for "jammal brown" and not "jamaal brown," haha... and because the other thread was titled "cool!" and not "Brown to Redskins" or something... eff it, it's sunday, i don't care.

HBick
6/20/2010, 10:41 PM
Less than 4 million for a top-notch LT is not obscene.

i'm referring to everything up until shanny was hired.

that was in direct relation to haynesworth

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/20/2010, 10:56 PM
Anyone in this economy threatening not to work for 20$ Million dollars is a moron. Haynesworth is a cry baby