PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you Okie people...

Okla-homey
6/20/2010, 10:14 AM
enjoy Summer with its heat, mugginess, mosquitos and mowing?

I'm done with it. And it doesn't officially start until tomorrow (6/21).

olevetonahill
6/20/2010, 10:15 AM
I wanta move north during the summer
the winters aint bad

Okla-homey
6/20/2010, 10:17 AM
Tomorrow is the longest day of the year. At least the hot-a$$ed days start getting shorter by a minute a day after Monday.

SunnySooner
6/20/2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah, Florida ain't much fun this time of year either. But at least we didn't get 14 inches of snow at Christmas...except, wait, I was in OK for that...weather sucks.

Flagstaffsooner
6/20/2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, Florida ain't much fun this time of year either. But at least we didn't get 14 inches of snow at Christmas...except, wait, I was in OK for that...weather sucks.
Smartazz;) 147" this year.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/20/2010, 11:44 AM
Hi 84, Low 56 here in San Joaquin County. I need it to be Hi 90s Low 60s for my tomatoes to reach peak performance and taste.

olevetonahill
6/20/2010, 11:47 AM
Speakin of Maters jaun . ive had mine planted fer almost 2an 1/2 Months gots lots of green one , How long before they get ripe ?

Will Ya send some one to pick em fer me ?
TIA:D

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 12:01 PM
F that noise.

badger
6/20/2010, 12:03 PM
Meh, I don't mind. I spray the yard for bugs and that mostly keeps them in check. Dealing with sub zero winters is enough to make anyone wanna move south.

XingTheRubicon
6/20/2010, 12:24 PM
Oklahoma is lot like Korea. Single digits in the winter, triple digits and humidity in the summer...and everyone detests the US president.

olevetonahill
6/20/2010, 12:33 PM
97 degrees here says it feels like 111 with 50% humidity and a Dewpoint of 77:eek: :mad:

SunnySooner
6/20/2010, 12:47 PM
Oklahoma is colder than a welldigger's *** in winter, hotter than hell in summer, always windy, and let's not forget the giant tornadoes...but we have a DAMN GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM!!!! BOOMER!!!

And after all these years away, I'd move back tomorrow. The best thing about Oklahoma...Okies.

SoonerInKCMO
6/20/2010, 12:48 PM
I'm slowly remembering that I hate it. Being sweaty for months straight is no fun.

As an aside... thread title reminded me... when did it become the norm for Oklahomans to refer to themselves as Okies? When I moved away the first time, it was considered a pejorative term. To my eyes and ears it still is. Right after I moved here last year, some woman asked "Are you an Okie?" I glared at her when replying that I was an Oklahoman.

SoonerInKCMO
6/20/2010, 12:49 PM
Oklahoma is colder than a welldigger's *** in winter.

It really isn't - spend a Winter in Winnipeg and get back to us on that.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 12:59 PM
Oklahoma is lot like Korea. Single digits in the winter, triple digits and humidity in the summer...and everyone detests the US president.

So Oklahoma is a lot like North Korea? Sweet.

Who plays the role of Kim Jong Il, Sally Kern?

SunnySooner
6/20/2010, 01:30 PM

lol, I know, it CAN be cold, but it usually warms up pretty quickly. We did 4 winters in Rhode Island, that's close enough to Canada for me, you're right, it's frickin' cold.

Okla-homey
6/20/2010, 02:02 PM
I'm slowly remembering that I hate it. Being sweaty for months straight is no fun.

As an aside... thread title reminded me... when did it become the norm for Oklahomans to refer to themselves as Okies? When I moved away the first time, it was considered a pejorative term. To my eyes and ears it still is. Right after I moved here last year, some woman asked "Are you an Okie?" I glared at her when replying that I was an Oklahoman.

Merle Haggard made the term "Okie" acceptable. God Bless Him.

Srsly though, I suspect there are still a few high-toned Okies that consider "Okie" pejorative. I say they need to get over themselves.

"Okie," IMHO, is a synonym for folks who spit in disaster's eye and do the things they have to do to provide for themselves and their kin...no matter how many curve balls fate pitches.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/okie_car_rear_view_1941.jpg

yankee
6/20/2010, 02:11 PM
i can deal with the heat and mosquitoes because it means that it stays light until 9 o'clock, going to the lake, all my friends are back in town, and lots of cold beer to wash down with them AT the lake. i love summer. <3

Tulsa_Fireman
6/20/2010, 02:44 PM

True story.

Worked 8 months in Cleveland, OH, fall through winter and barely into spring. That was the first time this Okie saw 38 inches of snow firsthand. Above my frickin' belly button. Being a cable guy at the time, it was nothing to be hanging 20 feet off the ground in a set of climbers for hours on end. And the snow never left. I drank more beer that winter than a sailor.

Come Christmas time, I leave Cleveland at a nasty 15 degrees. I'm dressed accordingly, carhartt overalls, mink oiled boots, longhandles, a sweatshirt, and a hat. Never missed a beat up in the wilds of northern Ohio like that and literally worked for hours outside. I actually got to the point that I enjoyed the brisk temperatures and for a cold weather loving guy like myself, work was actually nice. As I got off the plane at Will Rogers, I found OKC at a scorching 38 degrees.

And as soon as I walked outside, I froze my *** off.

23 degree difference, and I'll be damned if OKC wasn't colder by far.

Whatever that's worth.

PDXsooner
6/20/2010, 02:57 PM
Look at the bright side, at least you have spring. In Portland we got 5 inches of rain in May, I've seen the sun about 5 times in the last 60 days, and I think I saw Edward from Twilight riding his bike by earlier today.

JohnnyMack
6/20/2010, 03:04 PM
Summer can kiss my beanbag.

I'll trade you anytime you want PDX.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/20/2010, 03:06 PM

For 100 bucks and 30 minutes in the back room of a club in Valley Brook, Summer will do just that.

PDXsooner
6/20/2010, 03:10 PM

I'll trade you anytime you want PDX.

No dice on a summer trade. July through mid-October is paradise around here. The rain wears you down into June though. If you're willing to weather it (pun intended), it pays off big time...

JohnnyMack
6/20/2010, 03:11 PM
For 100 bucks and 30 minutes in the back room of a club in Valley Brook, Summer will do just that.

What time are you picking me up?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/20/2010, 03:11 PM
Hey, Summer is just my stage name, dammit.

GKeeper316
6/20/2010, 03:15 PM
the heat, humidity, wind, and debilitating allergens blowing around in the air make oklahoma the single most inhospitable environment in america.

as soon as i have enough money saved up im moving to northern california (where i was born) and starting a pot farm.

about the only thing i like about this miserable state is norman and the university. everything else can pretty much suck my very very sweaty ballsack.

olevetonahill
6/20/2010, 03:21 PM
What part of Nor Cal?
I gots a sister lives by Clipper Mills

GKeeper316
6/20/2010, 03:28 PM
i was born at mather AFB, when it was still around. Sacramento.

im looking to buy a few acres in humbolt or mendicino counties

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 03:35 PM
as soon as i have enough money saved up im moving to northern california (where i was born) and starting a pot farm.

If you need a good horticulturist in about five years, let me know.

PDXsooner
6/20/2010, 03:52 PM
the heat, humidity, wind, and debilitating allergens blowing around in the air make oklahoma the single most inhospitable environment in america.

about the only thing i like about this miserable state is norman and the university. everything else can pretty much suck my very very sweaty ballsack.

There's a reason they gave it to the Indians...

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 03:56 PM
I can't believe any place is worse in the summer than the San Joaquin Valley. When I lived there (admittedly many years ago), the heat and allergens was unbearable, far worse than in Oklahoma.

And I like the high winds in OK.

olevetonahill
6/20/2010, 04:19 PM
I hate the heat and Humidity. Cant deal very well with the Real cold
But I love Oklahoma and Figure Ill die here:cool:

Half a Hundred
6/20/2010, 04:58 PM
The people here in Philly complain about the heat when it's 84 out.

I'll let that one settle in for a moment.

(Mind you, the humidity is nigh-unbearable. And that's coming from a Houston native)

SunnySooner
6/20/2010, 05:10 PM
Is it really legal to have a pot farm in CA nowadays? I know you can buy it with a "prescription", I guess I never really thought about where it was coming from. Ain't that gonna tick a lot of peeps south of the border off? Don't mean to hijack your thread, Homey, just curious.

Okla-homey
6/20/2010, 05:19 PM

I must admit, it helps if you were born here.

Now, that said, I would NOT want to live too far west of I-35. I spent a few weeks in Burns Flat about 25 years ago and...lets just say, but for the jihadists trying to blow you up, Afghanistan is nicer.

And that central valley in Cali, Merced to be specific, where I underwent BUFF training at Castle AFB, was as hot as a fresh frigged fox in a hot pepper patch too.

Oh, and for the record, LA (lower Alabama) is nasty-hot and more brutally humid than any of those places. Including Afghanistan.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 05:21 PM
If you can handle the weather in Oklahoma, you can handle it just about anywhere, save for maybe Canada, Antarctica, and Siberia.

There's a chick in my class who's from L.A., and she had to wear a heavy coat when it was 55 degrees outside. We all just laughed at her.

Okla-homey
6/20/2010, 05:24 PM
Is it really legal to have a pot farm in CA nowadays? I know you can buy it with a "prescription", I guess I never really thought about where it was coming from. Ain't that gonna tick a lot of peeps south of the border off? Don't mean to hijack your thread, Homey, just curious.

Methinks the Mexi-narcos have diversified into meth, coke, heroin, crack, amphetimines and knock-offs of hydrocodone. Thus, the "prescription" weed prolly won't hurt their bottomline much.

Okla-homey
6/20/2010, 05:40 PM
True story.

Worked 8 months in Cleveland, OH, fall through winter and barely into spring. That was the first time this Okie saw 38 inches of snow firsthand. Above my frickin' belly button. Being a cable guy at the time, it was nothing to be hanging 20 feet off the ground in a set of climbers for hours on end. And the snow never left. I drank more beer that winter than a sailor.

Come Christmas time, I leave Cleveland at a nasty 15 degrees. I'm dressed accordingly, carhartt overalls, mink oiled boots, longhandles, a sweatshirt, and a hat. Never missed a beat up in the wilds of northern Ohio like that and literally worked for hours outside. I actually got to the point that I enjoyed the brisk temperatures and for a cold weather loving guy like myself, work was actually nice. As I got off the plane at Will Rogers, I found OKC at a scorching 38 degrees.

And as soon as I walked outside, I froze my *** off.

23 degree difference, and I'll be damned if OKC wasn't colder by far.

Whatever that's worth.

The single coldest night I ever personally experienced was January 17, 1994 in Dayton, OH. Minus 17F. Ambient! With the windchill, it was something unholy, like, "uncovered flesh will freeze in under one minute" or something.

I recall having been advised to go up on my roof and shovel off some of the snow to keep the roof from caving-in. I thought my Buckeye neighbors were playing a joke on the Okie boy, but danged if a roof or two didn't crash-in in our subdivision the day after I shoveled snow off my roof.

GKeeper316
6/20/2010, 06:00 PM

in mendicino county, ca, its perfectly legal to grow up to 120 plants on your property. at 5000 dollars profit per plant (average) per year, that half a mil just to grow some plants.

its the best cash crop in america, and the "green rush" (as its being called by the media) is on.

in hawaii the number of plants you can grow on your property is unlimited, but its geographic isolation makes moving the product difficult.

OU Adonis
6/20/2010, 06:44 PM
I love it. Spent 3 hours playing volleyball today. The sand was hot as hell.

btk108
6/20/2010, 07:49 PM

heh

SanJoaquinSooner
6/20/2010, 09:29 PM
Speakin of Maters jaun . ive had mine planted fer almost 2an 1/2 Months gots lots of green one , How long before they get ripe ?

Will Ya send some one to pick em fer me ?
TIA:D

I'm sure that kid you hired for roofin' can pick tomatoes too.

If they're big and green now, they should be ready to eat before the fireworks.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/20/2010, 09:31 PM

You must be movin to someplace between Mendocino and Eureka.

Ike
6/20/2010, 11:08 PM
Summertime in Oklahoma makes me wish I had stayed in Chicago.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/21/2010, 12:38 AM
Summertime in Oklahoma makes me wish I had stayed in Chicago.

For the way you treated Tina, you should be locked up in prison.

XingTheRubicon
6/21/2010, 08:41 AM
I bet Lance Bass would have a difficult time with the heat in Oklahoma too.

soonerbrat
6/21/2010, 02:57 PM
enjoy Summer with its heat, mugginess, mosquitos and mowing?

I'm done with it. And it doesn't officially start until tomorrow (6/21).

yes. I like it much better than winter. it's not that muggy here comparatively speaking. I lived in St. Louis and it was like hell up there.

C&CDean
6/21/2010, 03:21 PM
What a bunch of pussies. Whining like little bitches and it ain't even hit 100. Fags. And what do you guys do? Sit under an air-conditioner for a living? So you've gotta walk 30-feet in the heat to your BMW and it wilts you? You've gotta mow your postage-stamp sized yard and you're melting? Jeez.

Momma makes you boys look like you've got a bigger vajayjay than she does. She raked hay on an open cab tractor from sunrise to sunset this weekend. She helped haul over 1,000 square bales from the pasture to the barn the weekend before. She doesn't weigh a buck-twenty and she works her *** off out in the heat. Y'all should be ashamed.

Now that's off my chest, I consider Oklahoma's weather to be very moderate. I was born in Colorado, raised in Arizona, and have spent the past 35+ years travelling all over this country. All things considered, I'll take Oklahoma's weather over most places. Southern Cal? Weather is great, people/traffic/cost of living/etc. are ****. Florida? Give me a break. That place is a giant sauna filled with non-English speaking freeloaders and tourists. **** that place.

I ain't leaving Oklahoma. And I ain't even from here.

Mjcpr
6/21/2010, 03:31 PM
It's hot playing golf too.

I 100x prefer summer to winter. I would much rather it be 100 degrees than 30.

NormanPride
6/21/2010, 03:40 PM
I'd rather freeze than boil, but Oklahoma isn't THAT bad. The days without wind can be killer in August, but June and July are okay. I remember days out on the Pride field during two-a-days where you'd get a split second of breeze on a day where the mercury was bursting out. The entire band would sigh in relief.

I miss that. :D

olevetonahill
6/21/2010, 03:44 PM
Yea it aint bad here
102 with a heat index of 118 and no breeze ;)

Okla-homey
6/21/2010, 03:48 PM
What a bunch of pussies. Whining like little bitches and it ain't even hit 100. Fags. And what do you guys do? Sit under an air-conditioner for a living? So you've gotta walk 30-feet in the heat to your BMW and it wilts you? You've gotta mow your postage-stamp sized yard and you're melting? Jeez.

Momma makes you boys look like you've got a bigger vajayjay than she does. She raked hay on an open cab tractor from sunrise to sunset this weekend. She helped haul over 1,000 square bales from the pasture to the barn the weekend before. She doesn't weigh a buck-twenty and she works her *** off out in the heat. Y'all should be ashamed.

Now that's off my chest, I consider Oklahoma's weather to be very moderate. I was born in Colorado, raised in Arizona, and have spent the past 35+ years travelling all over this country. All things considered, I'll take Oklahoma's weather over most places. Southern Cal? Weather is great, people/traffic/cost of living/etc. are ****. Florida? Give me a break. That place is a giant sauna filled with non-English speaking freeloaders and tourists. **** that place.

I ain't leaving Oklahoma neither, and I acknowledge that you people work hard, BUT ITS FRICKIN' HAWT D00D! And if we can't b1tch about it, we're liable to shoot somebody.

silverwheels
6/21/2010, 06:29 PM
After standing in front of a row of gas ranges for 6 hours a day, I will take the outside weather.

TUSooner
6/21/2010, 08:24 PM
Maybe I'd enjoy summer if I got all summer off from work, like school, y'know.

I look forward to the summer solstice because (like Homey said) the days start getting shorter and October inches closer.

Peach Fuzz
6/21/2010, 08:43 PM
You boys from the city have it easy... I go to Clinton on the weekends and it was 102 102 103 last weekend. Drove back to the city sunday and watched it drop to 95 at 4 PM... Come out west for a weekend. You'll 'preciate central OK in the summer.

p.s. love how the wind hardens, then rips my nipples off in the winter, then feels like a blowdryer in the summer... Where the hell is a comfty median?

OU Adonis
6/21/2010, 08:46 PM
You boys from the city have it easy... I go to Clinton on the weekends and it was 102 102 103 last weekend. Drove back to the city sunday and watched it drop to 95 at 4 PM... Come out west for a weekend. You'll 'preciate central OK in the summer.

p.s. love how the wind hardens, then rips my nipples off in the winter, then feels like a blowdryer in the summer... Where the hell is a comfty median?

Hey Fuzz, you post on okctalk?

Peach Fuzz
6/21/2010, 08:47 PM
Ya haven't in a few weeks... Seen you on there

GKeeper316
6/21/2010, 11:29 PM

****, man...

i spent my junior high/high school summers hauling hay for 10 hours a day. i know how hot this place gets, and how bad it sucks to have to work out in it.

ill whine bitch and complain about oklahoma's weather for the rest of my days... cuz ive ****in earned that right.

C&CDean
6/22/2010, 09:42 AM
****, man...

i spent my junior high/high school summers hauling hay for 10 hours a day. i know how hot this place gets, and how bad it sucks to have to work out in it.

ill whine bitch and complain about oklahoma's weather for the rest of my days... cuz ive ****in earned that right.

pfffft. Everybody hauled hay when they were kids. I've got 3 high schoolers who work for me regularly. They whine like bitches too. Someday they'll be like you and talk about all the hay they hauled in the heat and think they've got a right to blubber cause they worked a summer or two. Meh.

No question it's hot out there. Without the heat though, I wouldn't be making hay. I just get out there and after a while you acclimate. All you guys whining spend all your time under an AC.

Of course my favorite time of the year is late October/early November. Still have warm days, but cool nights, no humidity, football, hunting, and hay season is wrapping up. Let it burn for now, then let's enjoy the fall.

NormanPride
6/22/2010, 09:48 AM
I've always been weak to heat, so I have to be careful. Still, I try not to complain that much. As long as I have water with me, I'm good. Well, unless it's hot water, then I'm bad.

C&CDean
6/22/2010, 09:54 AM
That's cause you're from the Nintendo generation. Growing up, we spent 99% of our time outside - especially in the summer. I'd leave the house with nothing but a pair of cut-off jeans from the previous school year and be gone all day. In 105+ temps in Arizona. I remember strategically crossing the blacktop streets. Before you stepped out, you looked for a strip of concrete sidewalk or dirt (cause there ain't no grass in Tucson) to run to. By July, you could just walk across the blacktop cause the bottoms of your feet had calloused up. Nobody was fat, nobody was white and pasty/doughy looking, and nobody had bottled water or gatorade. We just picked up a hose or sucked a sprinkler head for water. Good times...

stoops the eternal pimp
6/22/2010, 10:05 AM
I enjoy it for the most part...my kids dig it..I've always got them outside doing something..always..they are 6 and 4, but I've got em outside pulling weeds or something..

Saturday my daughter had a coach pitch game(5 and 6 year olds) at 1pm..it was pretty hot...kids around her crying, one threw up, kids refusing to come out of the dug out

some boys were put on the field with them because the boys didnt have enough to play their game because the parents said it was too hot and didnt show up...They lined up a 8 year old boy next to my 6 year old daughter in the field...first play of the game, she cuts in front of him to get a ground ball with her glove and throws to the first base...the boy cried about that, cried it was too hot...etc..next play my girl does it again...next inning, she got an unassisted triple play tagging out 3 boys because they was so hot they couldnt run the bases hard...in the meantime, my daughter, extended her hitting streak to 18 for her last 18....

and she was asking me "Daddy, whats wrong with them?" while those boys cried because it was too hot, my outside every day daughter was enjoying herself

olevetonahill
6/22/2010, 10:15 AM
Sounds like ya raising her right
Good jorb bro

NormanPride
6/22/2010, 10:19 AM
That's cause you're from the Nintendo generation. Growing up, we spent 99% of our time outside - especially in the summer. I'd leave the house with nothing but a pair of cut-off jeans from the previous school year and be gone all day. In 105+ temps in Arizona. I remember strategically crossing the blacktop streets. Before you stepped out, you looked for a strip of concrete sidewalk or dirt (cause there ain't no grass in Tucson) to run to. By July, you could just walk across the blacktop cause the bottoms of your feet had calloused up. Nobody was fat, nobody was white and pasty/doughy looking, and nobody had bottled water or gatorade. We just picked up a hose or sucked a sprinkler head for water. Good times...

No, I run a higher body temp naturally, so I overheat easily. I grew up in San Antonio, which got just as hot but with humidity as well. My summers were spent outside playing football and swimming and I looked like a mexican because I was so dark. Parents didn't let kids play outside too much though, because people tended to die. Really.

OU Adonis
6/22/2010, 11:05 AM
I prefer 90+ weather to something below 60. Once it gets below 60 it starts to suck for me.

The only time I really don't like the heat is once it hits about 105+ish. I drive a jeep so once I stop waiting on a light or something its like instant drenched clothes while waiting for the light to change.

oudavid1
6/22/2010, 11:55 AM
I love the weather in Oklahoma, you dont?

Position Limit
6/22/2010, 01:39 PM
god i love this weather. ran 5 miles at 4:30 p.m. yesterday and loved it. i was hallucinating aftward but still enjoyed. a few laps in the pool and all is well. my only problem is my non conforming irish skin. cannot miss a day without spf 30 or i pay in flesh. the only other thing i dont like about it is when i come home from work and my wife has had the AC set at 68 degrees all damn day!!!!

C&CDean
6/22/2010, 01:53 PM
No, I run a higher body temp naturally, so I overheat easily. I grew up in San Antonio, which got just as hot but with humidity as well. My summers were spent outside playing football and swimming and I looked like a mexican because I was so dark. Parents didn't let kids play outside too much though, because people tended to die. Really.

People didn't die back then from the heat. They were conditioned to it. Hell, we never had AC growing up. You just deal with it.

Nowadays, everybody is allergic to everything, nobody can handle the heat/cold, and the hospitals are full of overweight sickly people. Get off your asses America!

NormanPride
6/22/2010, 01:54 PM
People didn't die back then from the heat. They were conditioned to it. Hell, we never had AC growing up. You just deal with it.

Nowadays, everybody is allergic to everything, nobody can handle the heat/cold, and the hospitals are full of overweight sickly people. Get off your asses America!

Nobody ever died of the heat before the Nintendo generation?

C&CDean
6/22/2010, 01:58 PM
Only old folks and dogs and kiddos locked in the car. Seriously, this country is pussified to the nth degree.

yermom
6/22/2010, 02:00 PM

just the wussies :D

NormanPride
6/22/2010, 02:02 PM
No arguments there.

Position Limit
6/22/2010, 02:04 PM

amen. i've got pre teen nephews and nieces that are quickly turning into lardasses from a summer of sloth. and they all take a cocktail of pills for everything. i just dont get it. im not too old (under 40) and i never remember any of this bull****e when i was growing up. if you ADHD, after a full day of outside with a garden hose to drink from and plenty of yard work you were cured. and speaking of yard work, do neighborhood kids no longer cut yards for summer jobs? when i drive down my street all i see are professional lawn crews doing yards that i use to do for $20 per back in the day.

Okla-homey
6/22/2010, 02:46 PM
amen. i've got pre teen nephews and nieces that are quickly turning into lardasses from a summer of sloth. and they all take a cocktail of pills for everything. i just dont get it. im not too old (under 40) and i never remember any of this bull****e when i was growing up. if you ADHD, after a full day of outside with a garden hose to drink from and plenty of yard work you were cured. and speaking of yard work, do neighborhood kids no longer cut yards for summer jobs? when i drive down my street all i see are professional lawn crews doing yards that i use to do for $20 per back in the day.

DAMN ILLEGALS TAKING JOBS OUR LARD-A$$ KIDS WON"T DO! There oughtta be a law agin it. <belch> Wait?

soonerboomer93
6/22/2010, 04:55 PM

****, I remember getting $10 for mowing the neighbors lawn (and this isn't the poster sized 15 minute if its big lawn we have now) back in that day. It was enough to go an see a movie with the friends in the evening.

Next summer I spend one day a week shoveling horse **** and landscaping (rock) work for a Dr. Between all that and the rock work my parents wanted done, I still hate moving rocks.

soonerbrat
6/22/2010, 05:08 PM
It's hot playing golf too.

I 100x prefer summer to winter. I would much rather it be 100 degrees than 30.

ditto

soonerbrat
6/22/2010, 05:11 PM
whoops. wrong thread

soonerboomer93
6/22/2010, 07:21 PM

Not as many, because now we're conditioned to drink sugar, and frankly aren't in as good shape (in general) as earlier generations. Those make it harder for the body to adjust to changes in temperature.