View Full Version : BP Exec is "getting his life back."

Okla-homey
6/18/2010, 04:33 PM
...because he's been sacked.

They're replacing him with the BP guy who cares about "the small people."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100618/bs_ynews/ynews_bs2709_2

Ike
6/18/2010, 04:38 PM
"It is clear Tony has made remarks that have upset people. This has now turned into a reputation matter, financial and political and that is why you will now see more of me."

priceless.:pop:

lexsooner
6/19/2010, 11:31 AM
Poor Tony. He probably parachutes out with millions of pounds and a new CEO job over some British coal corporation. His life will continue to be one of bad weather, bad food, bad sex, British women with no ankles, bad services, bad teeth . . . . . Cheers, mate.

Scott D
6/19/2010, 12:15 PM
I'm still waiting for BP to go to Persia and remove Ajmenejihad from office.

StoopTroup
6/19/2010, 04:38 PM
Replaced by Dudley Doright. LOL

Leroy Lizard
6/19/2010, 06:03 PM
Poor Tony. He probably parachutes out with millions of pounds and a new CEO job over some British coal corporation. His life will continue to be one of bad weather, bad food, bad sex, British women with no ankles, bad services, bad teeth . . . . . Cheers, mate.

Ankles have never been too high on my list of female attributes.

SunnySooner
6/19/2010, 06:21 PM
BP needs to hire me to do their PR, I seriously could not eff it up any worse, and I bet they pay pretty good...

http://www.rgj.com/article/20100619/NEWS12/100619012/1321/news/BP-exec-takes-break-to-watch-ritzy-yacht-race--but-outrage-in-the-Gulf-grows

VeeJay
6/19/2010, 08:13 PM
BP needs to hire me to do their PR, I seriously could not eff it up any worse, and I bet they pay pretty good...

http://www.rgj.com/article/20100619/NEWS12/100619012/1321/news/BP-exec-takes-break-to-watch-ritzy-yacht-race--but-outrage-in-the-Gulf-grows

Would much rather see you as the face of BP than those stodgy old British men who act like they don't give a tinker's cuss.

Not sure if you'd want the job, though!

King Barry's Back
6/19/2010, 08:16 PM
Tony is so terrible, honestly, I thought he would have been gone weeks ago -- and would've been if that walking disaster had worked for an American company. (As opposed to the non-walking disaster he is responsible for.)

Regarding his replacement, I am kind of sympathetic to Mr Small People. Living in Europe, working with Europeans, I understand how the subtleties of language can create severe misunderstandings.

On the other hand, how can you be so dunderheaded as to make Small People be the new voice of your company?

bluedogok
6/19/2010, 08:38 PM
I have found that most Brits have PR (and management) skills honed their home territory, which is completely different than how things are in the US. Things said there have different meanings and interpretations here. I found that out when the company that I worked for in OKC went from being an 800 person firm based in OKC to 15,000 based in the UK. Trying to apply British management techniques and layers of management just didn't mesh well with the "cowboy mentality" that we had in Oklahoma. Luckily for all they sold the company back to a management group of leaders before the buyout (at a significant loss). Just completely different cultures, two countries separated by a common language.