PDA

View Full Version : Cop Shoots Dog In The Head While Restrained On A Leash

Czar Soonerov
6/18/2010, 04:14 PM
4kJVnA5KXJw

This is some sick ****, the dog was wagging it's tail when the ****er shot her.

OUMallen
6/18/2010, 04:29 PM
That's so f-ed up. Why were they getting the dog anyway?

My Opinion Matters
6/18/2010, 04:39 PM
Resisting arrest. Obstruction of justice. Uhh...the dog had a gun!

OU_Sooners75
6/18/2010, 04:41 PM
That was ****ed up!

Leroy Lizard
6/18/2010, 04:46 PM
"I know its 5 pm, but you're not going home until you take care of that dog problem."

Ike
6/18/2010, 04:46 PM
That is ****ed up. WTF is the dude even drawing his gun for at that point?

Leroy Lizard
6/18/2010, 04:50 PM
I would like to hear their side of the story. I can imagine some scenarios where the shooting was justified.

yermom
6/18/2010, 04:57 PM
at least they didn't shoot any kids this time

OUMallen
6/18/2010, 05:31 PM
I would like to hear their side of the story. I can imagine some scenarios where the shooting was justified.

Me too...I mean, if the thing had jsut mauled children and that was the first time it calmed down since it was put on the rod leash thing, then maybe... :mad:

Leroy Lizard
6/18/2010, 05:49 PM
The dog was probably left behind by its owners. You could take it down to Animal Control where they would eventually euthanize it anyway.

My family was involved in Section 8 rentals for a long time. We've shot our fair share of dogs.

jiminy
6/18/2010, 05:55 PM
It growled at a girl... so the girl's mother gives it some food, chains it up, and calls the cops. You might ask how an older woman was able to chain up such a "vicious, aggressive" dog. Anyway, the other video has more footage, the cops approached the dog (Cammie) chained to the house, she wagged her tail, and they petted her for a while. The only aggressiveness she ever showed was fighting the noose, which is just animal nature. I just don't understand this one.

Leroy Lizard
6/18/2010, 06:03 PM
Where are the owners?

Crucifax Autumn
6/18/2010, 06:14 PM
They are inside, also shot.

XingTheRubicon
6/18/2010, 06:28 PM
every agressive dog on earth can share the same fate for all I care

PDXsooner
6/18/2010, 06:46 PM
If every pit bull was shot to extinction I wouldn't shed a tear...

yankee
6/18/2010, 07:14 PM
i don't have the stomach to watch that, even if that is a pit bull...i love dogs.

yermom
6/18/2010, 07:28 PM
i've been around pit bulls and never been attacked by one. i've been bitten by GSDs though. and one nasty little bitch of a shih-tzu :mad:

i didn't see where anyone was in danger from a restrained dog. that looked like a bunch of BS to me.

Leroy Lizard
6/18/2010, 09:17 PM

Ones that are raised right are real sweet animals. The others are worthless.

delhalew
6/18/2010, 09:55 PM

You are clearly a moron.

sooner ngintunr
6/18/2010, 10:15 PM
i don't have the stomach to watch that, even if that is a pit bull...i love dogs.

Yeah I thought the same thing. I clicked on it then stopped it. I don't need to see that.

There is already certain things I wish I would have never seen, I'm not going to try to add to the list.

Crucifax Autumn
6/18/2010, 10:34 PM
You are clearly a moron.

Hey! Keep religion out of it!

:P

olevetonahill
6/19/2010, 12:09 AM
Why in hell was the Cop restrained on a leash ?:eek:
Course I think all them bastages need to be restrained ;)

Curly Bill
6/19/2010, 02:15 AM
Dogs > Cops

...and yeah, I was never even tempted to watch that video.

Breadburner
6/19/2010, 09:45 AM
Thank god the dog was not Black.....

PDXsooner
6/19/2010, 01:26 PM
You are clearly a moron.

It took you this long to discover this?

GrapevineSooner
6/19/2010, 01:47 PM

What about Rottweiler's?

Because, you know, one of the kindest, sweetest dogs our family ever owned growing up was a female Rotty/Chow mix.

It's all in how they're raised, PDX.

PDXsooner
6/19/2010, 02:14 PM
What about Rottweiler's?

Because, you know, one of the kindest, sweetest dogs our family ever owned growing up was a female Rotty/Chow mix.

It's all in how they're raised, PDX.

I don't necessarily disagree, it just seems that an extremely large percentage of people raising them are complete idiots. Pit Bulls are seen as an accessory, kind of like a gun or something that completes the "tough guy" image.

I didn't say I wanted to kill them all, I simply said I wouldn't shed a tear. And I wouldn't.

Curly Bill
6/19/2010, 03:23 PM
I don't necessarily disagree, it just seems that an extremely large percentage of people raising them are complete idiots. Pit Bulls are seen as an accessory, kind of like a gun or something that completes the "tough guy" image.

I didn't say I wanted to kill them all, I simply said I wouldn't shed a tear. And I wouldn't.

Now, if you want to talk about shooting all the idiots I'm down with that. :D

delhalew
6/19/2010, 04:42 PM
Now, if you want to talk about shooting all the idiots I'm down with that. :D

Precisely. The breed is not at fault. In the end you are still talking about a loving and loyal animal. It's not their fault they were abused.
Though there may be something to be said for ghetto assed breeding practices. Inbred ****tarded dogs are never a good idea.

achiro
6/19/2010, 05:06 PM
Precisely. The breed is not at fault. In the end you are still talking about a loving and loyal animal. It's not their fault they were abused.
Though there may be something to be said for ghetto assed breeding practices. Inbred ****tarded dogs are never a good idea.

Listen, I am not against the breed at all and the only pits I've been around were sweethearts but I do have to wonder a little bit about the "how they are raised" thing. I have bred, raised, and trained retrievers for hunting and field trials for close to 20 years now. You take a well bred retriever and I'm sure you could train it not to retrieve but it would be a constant battle to keep the dog from doing it. That instinct to chase a ball would always be there. Are some breeds the same with other instincts?

olevetonahill
6/19/2010, 05:20 PM
Achiro has it
They are very sweet and loving dogs
Until they SNAP then watch out :eek:
Ive said before and Ill keep saying it . Its Not a matter of IF the dog will Snap its a matter of When will he?

I know a guy who raised one from a pup . Lived in the house with him his wife and 3 kids for years
One day a little neighbor girl was at there house ran by the dog and he snapped and tore her up , a week later the dog hit another Kid
was put down right after that
Point is the dog was raised like family around kids and then just went SNAP

delhalew
6/19/2010, 05:27 PM
Pits have a natural proclivity to fight other dogs. I've done the research. That is instinct, but that does not extend to people. I even had a pit/boxer mix that could be trusted with cats and even ferrets. The same dog was tethered at my parents house for a month. In that time, a dalmatian from down the round would daily come to just out of reach of the chain, and taunt my dog with its freedom pee all around her ect. One day I let her off to run around and she ran down the road and killed that dalmatian in short order. She also had tons of dogs that were friends, but she fought with them as well, just not to kill or mame.
Fighting dogs was just natural. For that reason, there were few dogs I would leave her unsupervised with. Even close to her last days she was very good with my daughter...who, of course, tortured her constantly.

delhalew
6/19/2010, 05:29 PM
Achiro has it
They are very sweet and loving dogs
Until they SNAP then watch out :eek:
Ive said before and Ill keep saying it . Its Not a matter of IF the dog will Snap its a matter of When will he?

I know a guy who raised one from a pup . Lived in the house with him his wife and 3 kids for years
One day a little neighbor girl was at there house ran by the dog and he snapped and tore her up , a week later the dog hit another Kid
was put down right after that
Point is the dog was raised like family around kids and then just went SNAP

That is not limited to breed though. If breed is a consideration, it would be that pits are very powerful. So if one were to "snap" the potential damage would be severe, but that is true of many breeds.

olevetonahill
6/19/2010, 05:33 PM
That is not limited to breed though. If breed is a consideration, it would be that pits are very powerful. So if one were to "snap" the potential damage would be severe, but that is true of many breeds.

Thats my Point bro
They tend to snap more often than other breeds, and like you said when they Do the consequences are terrible.
I dont want em eradicated Im just saying Ill never have another cause the one i had i had to put down and he was one of the most loving dogs ive ever had.

Im just not going to get attached to an animal I may have to put down , It hurts :(

olevetonahill
6/19/2010, 05:42 PM
Oh and if that had been My dog that cop would have had a sever asswhoopin ;)

Leroy Lizard
6/19/2010, 05:48 PM
Listen, I am not against the breed at all and the only pits I've been around were sweethearts but I do have to wonder a little bit about the "how they are raised" thing. I have bred, raised, and trained retrievers for hunting and field trials for close to 20 years now. You take a well bred retriever and I'm sure you could train it not to retrieve but it would be a constant battle to keep the dog from doing it. That instinct to chase a ball would always be there. Are some breeds the same with other instincts?

I think pit bulls have a natural instinct to fight and I think it is easy to draw that out of them. Blue heelers are also nasty, nasty animals, as are chows. You just got to work a little harder training them. (Blue heelers are also quite smart, so they are easy to train... but they can tear the Hell out of you also.)

Leroy Lizard
6/19/2010, 05:50 PM
Thats my Point bro
They tend to snap more often than other breeds, and like you said when they Do the consequences are terrible.
I dont want em eradicated Im just saying Ill never have another cause the one i had i had to put down and he was one of the most loving dogs ive ever had.

Im just not going to get attached to an animal I may have to put down , It hurts :(

I would never raise young kids around a pure pit bull. They can be sweet, but they do have a psychotic undertow. (Some are just flat psychotic.)

delhalew
6/19/2010, 05:51 PM
Oh and if that had been My dog that cop would have had a sever asswhoopin ;)

FO SHO! I am the only one allowed to shoot my dog. I had to shoot my dog, but that was because we came home one day and she was near death.
There was no saving her (I'm not going into detail, but sometimes you can just tell). I'll be damned if she is going to suffer through a ride to vet to get a shot, when I can say goodbye and end it quickly with a well placed bullet. Plus I got to bury her out back without arguing about leaving the vet with my dog.

Veritas
6/19/2010, 06:09 PM
Shouldn't whoever taped that be in prosecuted on wiretapping charges? :rolleyes:

FTP.

Leroy Lizard
6/19/2010, 06:24 PM
Shoulda' dived in between the dog and the cop and taken the bullet, like a real hero would.

GKeeper316
6/19/2010, 06:32 PM
i didnt watch the vid. i have a real problem with seeing animals abused, but i read the description.

it reminds me of an incident in OKC where a okc cop shot a pit bull in the head for barking at him. didnt attempt to do anything to him... just barked.

Leroy Lizard
6/19/2010, 06:56 PM
i didnt watch the vid. i have a real problem with seeing animals abused, but i read the description.

it reminds me of an incident in OKC where a okc cop shot a pit bull in the head for barking at him. didnt attempt to do anything to him... just barked.

I bet the other pit bulls shut the Hell up real fast.

"Problem? Nooooo! No problem, Officer."

stoopified
6/19/2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah I thought the same thing. I clicked on it then stopped it. I don't need to see that.

There is already certain things I wish I would have never seen, I'm not going to try to add to the list.Amen

Leroy Lizard
6/19/2010, 07:04 PM

In other words, the dog played USC to the officer's NCAA.

Serge Ibaka
6/19/2010, 07:09 PM
at least they didn't shoot any kids this time

+1.

Also, don't shoot dogs, man.

PDXsooner
6/19/2010, 07:11 PM

I'm curious if you look at people in the same way? Do you feel bad for people who commit crimes and harm people due to how they were raised?

Leroy Lizard
6/19/2010, 07:14 PM
I'm curious if you look at people in the same way? Do you feel bad for people who commit crimes and harm people due to how they were raised?

Careful. Some breeds of dogs are clearly dumber than others. Do we really want to go there?

PDXsooner
6/19/2010, 07:24 PM
Careful. Some breeds of dogs are clearly dumber than others. Do we really want to go there?

I have no fear of going anywhere in terms of (rational) conversation...and that includes race, if that's what you mean.

Anyways, I'm honestly asking. I have no motive, I'm just curious if he shares that position with the human race as well. I do in a way, but I lose sympathy for people as they get older.

JohnnyMack
6/19/2010, 07:33 PM
So what's the context of this video? Anyone know why the cops were called on the dog? I imagine something had to have compelled them to respond. I mean if the dog had attacked someone I really don't give a **** if they shot it or not.

jkjsooner
6/19/2010, 07:51 PM
The thing that gets me is that the cop acted mad after he shot the dog. He was throwing his equipment around. It sure looks like he doesn't have the temperment to be an officer or he was mad at himself for being such an a-hole.

PDXsooner
6/19/2010, 07:55 PM
The thing that gets me is that the cop acted mad after he shot the dog. He was throwing his equipment around. It sure looks like he doesn't have the temperment to be an officer or he was mad at himself for being such an a-hole.

Wait, a cop being hot-headed and prone to violent outbursts! Say it ain't so!!!

jkjsooner
6/19/2010, 07:59 PM
There was an incident in the DC area a couple of years ago where drug dealers were trafficking drugs by mailing them to random people's houses and picking them up when left on the porch. They sent the drugs to the mayor of a Maryland town. The county police found out and raided the mayor's home thinking he knew the contents of the package. When the swat team came in the two labs came in (probably barking as any dog would do in that situation) and the police shot and killed both of them. Apparently the dogs were completely harmless and of course the mayor was cleared once they figured out the scheme.

Police need to grow a pair. If an 18 year old vet assistant can handle animals in situations where they may become agressive every day surely a policeman can;

King Barry's Back
6/19/2010, 08:07 PM
There was an incident in the DC area a couple of years ago where drug dealers were trafficking drugs by mailing them to random people's houses and picking them up when left on the porch. They sent the drugs to the mayor of a Maryland town. The county police found out and raided the mayor's home thinking he knew the contents of the package. When the swat team came in the two labs came in (probably barking as any dog would do in that situation) and the police shot and killed both of them. Apparently the dogs were completely harmless and of course the mayor was cleared once they figured out the scheme.

Police need to grow a pair. If an 18 year old vet assistant can handle animals in situations where they may become agressive every day surely a policeman can;

What you are describing isn't limited to dogs. Apparently, it's become standard procedure for drug dealers.

What you do is arrange for your shipment of contraband to be sent to some address chosen more or less at random. Then you use instant tracking data available on the internet to meet the delivery truck when it arrives at the designated address.

You accept the shipment, sign off on the document, and you and the deliveryman go your separate ways.

If things go well, the resident is none-the-wiser.

A few times things haven't gone well, or I guess we wouldn't even know this stuff goes on.

delhalew
6/19/2010, 11:28 PM

No. I don't. I also don't disparage black folks just because they tend to be involved in more crime. I am smart enough to know it's not the "breed" that is to blame. It is the individual.

PDXsooner
6/20/2010, 12:46 PM
No. I don't. I also don't disparage black folks just because they tend to be involved in more crime. I am smart enough to know it's not the "breed" that is to blame. It is the individual.

Cool. Just curious.

Peach Fuzz
6/21/2010, 10:46 PM
I have 3 full blooded pits. Ill tell you first hand they are the most loyal dog there is, great family pets, and as long as there isn't 2 males or more they can live happily with other dogs. However, this is a dougle edge sword. Being the most loyal dog is good to the owner. Most are friendly to everyone, but a few love their family, and ONLY their family. My female is the latter, loves maybe 20-30 people she knows, but seems to hate anyone that she doesn't know. And I've raised them just as I did my brittany, great dane, lab, chihuahua, and weenie dog

olevetonahill
6/21/2010, 10:59 PM
You bet
I got a keg of Black powder, Ima let my grand kids play with matches around it:rolleyes: .

sooneron
6/21/2010, 11:09 PM
I had no idea that :dean: had joined the force.