PDA

View Full Version : Was KS coaching the Celtics last night...

stoopified
6/18/2010, 08:38 AM
.... or the Lakers? About halfway through that hideous display of basketball it occurred to me I had seen this style before in Sampson UGLY-BALL. I knew KS was being rumored for HC in the NBA but had no idea he had already landed a job. :D

Mad Dog Madsen
6/18/2010, 02:52 PM
I did hear rumors about him being a candidate for the Cavs... But yeah, the game sucked last night. Screw the LAKERS!!! :mad:

NormanPride
6/18/2010, 03:01 PM
37 FTs to 17. I love the NBA.

Eielson
6/18/2010, 03:42 PM
37 FTs to 17. I love the NBA.

I love how people continue to play the FTs card after:

A) All the bogus fouls Pierce drew
B) The obviously bad calls at the end of Game 2 that benefited the Celts
C) The obviously bad calls at the end of Game 5 that benefited the Celts

Mad Dog Madsen
6/18/2010, 04:30 PM
Well, the bad calls in those games seemed to even themselves out. But still, 37 FT's to 17 is pretty bad.

NormanPride
6/18/2010, 04:32 PM
There are bad calls on both sides every game, but when you see a discrepancy like that, and after watching the game, it was ludicrous.

I will say, they called a blocking foul on Kobe late in the game that I thought they were going to give him star treatment on, but maybe it was so painfully obvious they couldn't get away with it.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/18/2010, 04:35 PM
Well, the bad calls in those games seemed to even themselves out. But still, 37 FT's to 17 is pretty bad.

look at other series the lakers were in that they were on the opposite side of that...OKC and phoenix both...phoenix had 2 games that they shot a total of 74 free throws

GottaHavePride
6/18/2010, 05:34 PM
I didn't even watch the game and one stat jumped out to me from that game as it scrolled along the bottom of the screen.

Offensive Rebounds:

Boston: 8
Los Angeles: 23

stoopified
6/18/2010, 06:15 PM
I didn't even watch the game and one stat jumped out to me from that game as it scrolled along the bottom of the screen.

Offensive Rebounds:

Boston: 8
Los Angeles: 23You should have a bunch of offensive rebounds like the Lakers did, when you shoot 32.6 % from the field.That is what reminded me of Sampson UGLYBALL.Many of KS' biggest wins came when shooting poorly and pounding the offensive boards.

badger
6/18/2010, 07:45 PM
it was a low-scoring affair and a very close game. yep, i guess i can stretch the KS comparison a little

Leroy Lizard
6/18/2010, 09:19 PM
Neither team seemed capable of setting up a play. (This was the second NBA game I have watched in eons, and I vow to make it my last.)

Eielson
6/18/2010, 11:41 PM
I will say, they called a blocking foul on Kobe late in the game that I thought they were going to give him star treatment on, but maybe it was so painfully obvious they couldn't get away with it.

They actually should've given Kobe that call. No, he wasn't set, but Allen lowered his shoulder into him. That was a charge.

badger
6/19/2010, 08:11 AM
(NP) In no world ever is that a charge. I don't care if Allen shot him in the face, you can't get a charge call if you're moving sideways and backwards with just your toes on the ground. It's also hard to lower your shoulder into someone that's not in front of you when you start your drive.

Eielson
6/19/2010, 10:47 AM
(NP) In no world ever is that a charge. I don't care if Allen shot him in the face, you can't get a charge call if you're moving sideways and backwards with just your toes on the ground. It's also hard to lower your shoulder into someone that's not in front of you when you start your drive.

You're right about the shooting part. That's not a charge. The rest is wrong, though. I was confident in my opinion, but just for good measure I verified it with a former NBA player (Marc Jackson) and a former NBA ref (Tim Donaghy).

9:54 [BOS 57-55] Allen throws his shoulder into and through Bryant, an offensive foul that doesn't get called.

http://deadspin.com/5567321/tim-donaghy-on-game-7-how-the-nba-influences-a-series

Also, this call that you say is wrong was made earlier in the game against Ron Artest.