PDA

View Full Version : Futbol sucks

stoopified
6/18/2010, 08:31 AM
and I said so on the SO in the WC thread.Somehow I have a feeling that is going to come back to bite me.I'm sure soccer fans will point out that FUTBOL is the most popular sport in THE WORLD.My response -WHO CARES?I don't live in England,Italy,Bolivia,or the Congo,I live in the USA where SOONER FOOTBALL RULES.

KantoSooner
6/18/2010, 09:00 AM
Well, I enjoy both, but I've only ever gotten into a fight over futbol Americano.

BoomerJ
6/18/2010, 09:16 AM
and I said so on the SO in the WC thread.Somehow I have a feeling that is going to come back to bite me.I'm sure soccer fans will point out that FUTBOL is the most popular sport in THE WORLD.My response -WHO CARES?I don't live in England,Italy,Bolivia,or the Congo,I live in the USA where SOONER FOOTBALL RULES.

I couldn't agree more.

Position Limit
6/18/2010, 11:40 AM
you're life must be boring as all get out. oh well, have another budwieser drone. if work on your attention span, you might be able to enjoy it.

olevetonahill
6/18/2010, 11:48 AM

YA wanta get negged to there ???? :P :D

olevetonahill
6/18/2010, 11:49 AM
Oh and I agree with ya.

NormanPride
6/18/2010, 12:09 PM
you're life must be boring as all get out. oh well, have another budwieser drone. if work on your attention span, you might be able to enjoy it.

Because someone finds the sport boring they are a budweiser drone?

goingoneight
6/18/2010, 12:12 PM

Awww... look... a grass fairy fan.

olevetonahill
6/18/2010, 12:14 PM
Dudes posts are startin to sound like Nicks from a few years ago .:eek:

Sooner in Tampa
6/18/2010, 12:19 PM
The World Cup and English Premier League are good to watch from time to time.

Today's US World Cup Match is a reason to be mad at "futball"...The US got ROBBED like OU when we went to Oregon.

goingoneight
6/18/2010, 12:21 PM
I've noticed Nick doesn't think we're doomed to 6-6 every season anymore after three BIG 12 Titles followed up the rebuilding year in 2005.

ndpruitt03
6/18/2010, 12:21 PM
Soccer has grown on me. I used to hate it. Now it's watchable. Still don't get why it's so popular all over the world.

Soonerntxs
6/18/2010, 12:44 PM
I like those zuzu things that make alot of noise at the kickshins, head butt & chase the ball games. As you can see I am the BIGEST Futbol fan alive; however, this is only if OU is playing it! Did I forget to say, I hate the OFF-SEASON!

delhalew
6/18/2010, 12:52 PM
It's so awful. Thank God I'm an American.

itsok
6/18/2010, 01:07 PM
its a great passtime while waiting for sooner football to begin every 4 years!
I enjoy it... if the US had a better team, more people in the states would get into it...I went to the brasil-holland quarter final game in dallas back in 94, the audience for that game was 1.5 billion viewers...not bad for a boring sport

tommieharris91
6/18/2010, 01:21 PM
I enjoy soccer, and I play on a couple of soccer teams, but I'd rather have more American football.

I love that ESPN decided to put English Premier League games on at the same time as College Gameday. That and all kinds of fun stuff happens in soccer, some of which can't happen in sports in the US.

KantoSooner
6/18/2010, 01:57 PM
It was much better back in the days of Eric Cantona and 'the hard men' of English Premier League. Back in the late '80's and early '90's people paid a price for being cute on the field.
Then the Italians took over the European game and it got all faggy with diving becoming the preferred method of garnering scoring opportunities. It was much better back when a solid tackle would mean a broken leg and ended career for some slick-haired striker.

DarrellZero
6/18/2010, 02:12 PM
Hey c'mon.

We're 0-0-2!

We've scored 3 goals!

How can you not get caught up in such excitement!

Leroy Lizard
6/18/2010, 02:15 PM
Soccer has grown on me. I used to hate it. Now it's watchable. Still don't get why it's so popular all over the world.

Because it's primitive. Cave man probably started playing the sport in his spare time because how hard can it be to learn? You kick a stone into a net. One point. On defense, you try to stop the other man from kicking the stone into the net. Hockey is equally brain-dead.

Have you ever tried to explain football to a foreigner?

Leroy Lizard
6/18/2010, 02:16 PM
its a great passtime while waiting for sooner football to begin every 4 years!
I enjoy it... if the US had a better team, more people in the states would get into it...

Which is why I root for the foreign teams.

Position Limit
6/18/2010, 02:26 PM
Hey c'mon.

We're 0-0-2!

We've scored 3 goals!

chicks dig high scores and offense.

humblesooner
6/18/2010, 02:29 PM
Hey c'mon.

We're 0-0-2!

We've scored 3 goals!

And this is considered highly successful for the USA.
No wonder we ADHD Americans don't care for it.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/18/2010, 02:58 PM
I dont like it, dont watch it, and im glad my kids dont play it

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2010, 03:04 PM
Gawd and this crap goes on for a month.

God, please let it be September!
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/images/jimmy-swaggart-crying-sinned.jpg

delhalew
6/18/2010, 03:12 PM
Ties f'n suck. I'm so glad we got rid of that in our football.

GKeeper316
6/18/2010, 03:19 PM
i spent a significant portion of my childhood in england, so i'll be a "futbol" fan for life...

but given the choice between a college football game and a soccer game, football wins every time.

NormanPride
6/18/2010, 03:25 PM
ANOTHER TIE. THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

ndpruitt03
6/18/2010, 03:40 PM
Because it's primitive. Cave man probably started playing the sport in his spare time because how hard can it be to learn? You kick a stone into a net. One point. On defense, you try to stop the other man from kicking the stone into the net. Hockey is equally brain-dead.

Have you ever tried to explain football to a foreigner?

True. At least Hockey you have to do a couple things that are more complicated like skate and use a stick and hit a tiny puck. That puts it about a half step or two higher.

ouwasp
6/18/2010, 10:39 PM
If they'd show a hooligan riot or some out of control stampede... or maybe one of those stupid horns getting shoved somewhere...

Eielson
6/18/2010, 11:54 PM
If they didn't allow ties, that would just make the game that much harder to watch. A 1-1 score after 90 minutes sucks, but could you imagine a 2-1 game that lasted 135 minutes?

jkjsooner
6/19/2010, 09:08 AM

This is the arrogance I hate out of soccer fans. They think something is wrong with those who haven't embraced their "beautiful game."

Sorry, Americans are under no obligation to love their game. Baseball was thoroughly engrained in our culture (mid 1800's) before most of the world knew what soccer was and explains to a large extent why we felt like we didn't have to embrace soccer.

And if I hear one more European ask sarcastically why we call it football I'm going to blow a gasket. Ask the English why they called rugby a code of football if you have a problem with it. We were calling it football before much of the world was playing the game they call football (not before it existed of course).

Sooner4FCD
6/19/2010, 02:06 PM
Who gives a damn....if you like it, great. If you don't, great. Watch the sport you care about. I couldn't give a flip about hockey, but I don't criticize the sport or others who watch it. Different strokes for different folks, we're all united by Sooner football!

Hell most of you talk about how much you hate ESPN and don't watch it anyways, so what's the problem here? Oh noes there's not 6 hours of Sportscenter on in the mornings, whatever will we do.

oudivesherpa
6/19/2010, 02:06 PM
Maybe American football should adopt some of futbol rules.

1. After 60 min of play, the ref will add extra time on the clock, but no one knows how much longer that could be a one min, five minuets, we don't know will just keep playing.

2. If you hit an opposing player in the mouth, you will get a yellow card, if you do it really well, you will get a red card and get kicked out of the game.

3. Conference games can end in ties, but Conference champsionship games will be decided by a kick-off, each team will start at the 25 yd. line and kick field goals, then the kickers will back up 5 yards and keep kicking until someone misses and the game will be over.

4. The fans will blow air-horns the entire game.

5. The ref's will be clueless. Hey that is just like American Football!

Eielson
6/19/2010, 02:10 PM
3. Conference games can end in ties, but Conference champsionship games will be decided by a kick-off, each team will start at the 25 yd. line and kick field goals, then the kickers will back up 5 yards and keep kicking until someone misses and the game will be over.

That's the best part of a soccer game.

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 02:14 PM

No one cares what you think, either.

texaspokieokie
6/19/2010, 02:21 PM
should do away with regulation game & have the tie-breaker thing.

sooner ngintunr
6/19/2010, 02:36 PM
Who gives a damn....if you like it, great. If you don't, great. Watch the sport you care about. I couldn't give a flip about hockey, but I don't criticize the sport or others who watch it. Different strokes for different folks, we're all united by Sooner football!

Hell most of you talk about how much you hate ESPN and don't watch it anyways, so what's the problem here? Oh noes there's not 6 hours of Sportscenter on in the mornings, whatever will we do.

Pretty much sums it up.

tommieharris91
6/19/2010, 02:50 PM
This is the arrogance I hate out of soccer fans. They think something is wrong with those who haven't embraced their "beautiful game."

Sorry, Americans are under no obligation to love their game. Baseball was thoroughly engrained in our culture (mid 1800's) before most of the world knew what soccer was and explains to a large extent why we felt like we didn't have to embrace soccer.

And if I hear one more European ask sarcastically why we call it football I'm going to blow a gasket. Ask the English why they called rugby a code of football if you have a problem with it. We were calling it football before much of the world was playing the game they call football (not before it existed of course).

Any more history you wanna revise?

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 03:23 PM

Seriously.

Curly Bill
6/19/2010, 03:30 PM
Damn, you soccer fanboys get your feelers hurt so easily. It's pretty funny. :D

Curly Bill
6/19/2010, 03:31 PM
Kinda mirrors the nancyboys that play it I guess. ;) :D

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I played and watch soccer all the time, so I'm a nancy boy. Right. :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
6/19/2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I played and watch soccer all the time, so I'm a nancy boy. Right. :rolleyes:

I don't know, are ya?

Curly Bill
6/19/2010, 03:45 PM
Do you fall down and writhe in pain whenever someone bumps into you?

GKeeper316
6/19/2010, 03:46 PM
i have a theory about why soccer isnt very popular in the united states.

americans are situational sports fans. we like bottom of the ninth, 2 on 2 out full count everything riding on one pitch or 4th and 2 no timeouts in the fourth get a first down or you lose. we like to see big time players step up and make big time plays in clutch situations.

soccer doesnt have much of that sort of dynamic. soccer is more of a right place right time game.

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 03:47 PM
No. I never did that. I hate that about the game, but the way the sport is officiated sets it up.

Eielson
6/19/2010, 03:52 PM

One day King George ordered that all the people of England must watch at least one futbol game per week. For many, this was no problem, but a considerable amount did not like futbol, so they decided to protest this with non-violent tactics (this would later inspire Ghandi). They went to the games, but turned their backs when the players came out and began reading newspapers. This outraged the king, so he banished them to the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. He justified this move by saying that they must be taking crazy pills and had grim futures (words were combined to make Pillgrims, later shortened to Pilgrims). While over there, these Pilgrims enjoyed playing with Indians and mosquitoes and eventually even invented a new, manlier version of futbol, and because they felt it was better, they named it "football" (it comes before futbol when put in alphabetical order, yet still sounds basically the same). They attempted to convince England to begin playing football, but England refused and demanded that the Americans (formerly known as Pilgrims) continue to pay tax money for soccer, a sport they didn't like. Jonathan Mayhew, the world's greatest football player, did not like this, and so he coined the popular phrase "No taxation without representation!" in a stirring post-game interview. King George felt this was getting out of hand, so he loaded up all the futbol players on a boat and floated them across the ocean. The Americans were manlier (due to playing football) and because of this they defeated the heavily-favored futbol players. The Americans also started a futbol team for no other reason than to humiliate the English with 1-1 ties.

Eielson
6/19/2010, 03:55 PM

americans are situational sports fans. we like bottom of the ninth, 2 on 2 out full count everything riding on one pitch or 4th and 2 no timeouts in the fourth get a first down or you lose. we like to see big time players step up and make big time plays in clutch situations.

soccer doesnt have much of that sort of dynamic. soccer is more of a right place right time game.

My theory is that people don't like soccer because more excitement happens in 90 minutes of studying calculus.

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 03:57 PM
How many of the people here who hate soccer for being "boring" enjoy baseball and NASCAR? Not saying it applies to everyone, but I'm just curious.

Eielson
6/19/2010, 04:00 PM
How many of the people here who hate soccer for being "boring" enjoy baseball and NASCAR? Not saying it applies to everyone, but I'm just curious.

I don't like any of them. I liked playing baseball, though, until you got to the age where winning didn't really matter.

Curly Bill
6/19/2010, 04:02 PM

Absolutely hate em both.

Sooner4FCD
6/19/2010, 04:04 PM
My theory is that people don't like soccer because more excitement happens in 90 minutes of studying calculus.

Did you watch the USA game yesterday? If not, GTFO.

Eielson
6/19/2010, 04:13 PM
Did you watch the USA game yesterday? If not, GTFO.

Yeah, I watched some. Is a tie to Slovenia your idea of excitement? I watch some of the WC, and it's kinda cool, but it's kinda like how I watch gymnastics during the Olympics.

For the record, Olympic gymnastics is much more exciting.

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 04:22 PM
Not to me.

delhalew
6/19/2010, 04:25 PM
When I lived were I had a bunch of European friends, I would watch WC and Premiere League. I played with them sometimes. The thing came about from spending time in pubs and fueled by massive amounts of beer.

I understand the game, have played the game, and still believe it sucks in comparison to most other sports we have here. The atmosphere surrounding soccoe is the funnest part as brits and scots will murder you over their footy team.

Leroy Lizard
6/19/2010, 06:07 PM

Yeah, those times we can break in the action to watch beer commercials and build suspense.

That's it... suspense. What do you think will happen? What will they do? Those are the kind of questions that make our sports thinking-man's games. Soccer is more like tiddly-winks, with less emphasis on toughness.

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 06:09 PM
Soccer players are tough (you have to be to play as many games as they do), but some players act like they're not to try and influence the referee. I hate that part of the game, but it is what it is.

KC//CRIMSON
6/19/2010, 06:11 PM

Those two big time goals by team USA yesterday were pretty damn clutch. Saved our *ss.

Veritas
6/19/2010, 06:13 PM
Here here! I have no problem with soccer's existence, I just wish US outlets would stop pretending Americans give a ****.

Of course, we are being infiltrated by Mexicans faster than Obama can wax sanctimonious, so I suppose it makes sense.

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 06:15 PM
Uh...I'm an American and I give more than a **** about soccer. I think quite a few other people do, as well.

Curly Bill
6/19/2010, 06:19 PM
Honest question:

If a soccer player stubs his toe on his way to the bathroom in the middle of the night, does he fall down, scream in pain, and wait for two dudes with a stretcher to come and fetch him off the floor? :D

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 06:21 PM
Only if the referee is watching.

GKeeper316
6/19/2010, 06:21 PM
only if theres a chance for whatever he stubbed his toe on to get carded.

KC//CRIMSON
6/19/2010, 06:26 PM
Some of the best actors of our time, no doubt.

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 06:28 PM
Some of the best actors of our time, no doubt.

Especially Cristiano Ronaldo. He's so good at diving and simulation, he has to practice it at home.

KC//CRIMSON
6/19/2010, 06:31 PM
Especially Cristiano Ronaldo. He's so good at diving and simulation, he has to practice it at home.

Heh, I'm actually pulling for his Portugual team to make it.

OUthunder
6/19/2010, 06:52 PM
futbol makes me sleepy.

GKeeper316
6/19/2010, 08:16 PM

he's also really good at telling paris hilton to go **** herself at crowded clubs in vegas... all the clubgoers laughed her out of the building.

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 08:33 PM
Heh, I'm actually pulling for his Portugual team to make it.

I can't cheer for them, just because of him.

he's also really good at telling paris hilton to go **** herself at crowded clubs in vegas... all the clubgoers laughed her out of the building.

Awesome. Wish I had been there to see that.

Curly Bill
6/19/2010, 08:37 PM

This guy might be my favorite. :D

Eielson
6/19/2010, 08:48 PM
Soccer players are tough

AHAHAHAHA!

silverwheels
6/19/2010, 09:56 PM
AHAHAHAHA!

Derpity derpity derp.

itsok
6/19/2010, 10:04 PM
i dont like to watch soccer much, execept for the world cup...I love geography and world politics, and to me its the ultimate sports tournament...over 200 countries start playing in continental conferences, the winners advance, the losers are knocked out...it lasts 3 years basically, the "conference" champs make it to the world cup, which is actually the finals, or 32 best teams for those 4 years. No matter if you are capitalist, comunist, amateur, pro, whatever, each country gets the best players on their teams unlike the olimpics.
So, i think its pretty cool...probably the purest tournament of any sport.
It so happens that soccer is actually pretty boring, i agree...buy since its a simple and inexpensive sport, every country has embraced it and thats why its so popular all over the world.
then again, its the offseason...boring anyways...

stoopified
6/20/2010, 09:19 AM

Have you ever tried to explain football to a foreigner?I HAVE tried to explain it to my wife. :D

All kidding aside I have figured out why soccer is and always will be way down the list of sports in the USA.Simply put,it is a lack of statistics.What do you have?Goals,goalie saves? What else?Then think about the plethora of stats in AMERICAN sports.

Baseball:
Batting average
fielding average
hit
runs
homeruns,doubles,triples
slugging %
stolen bases
Then there are pitching stats:
pitching record
ERA
strikeouts
bases on balls
HBP

Football?Rushing yards,average
passing yards,completion %
recieving yards,yards per catch
Touchdown passes,touchdowns scored
PR yardage,KOR yardage,punting average
Tackles
sacks
tackles for loss
interceptions

Basketball?
Indivdual scoring averages
rebounding
assist
steals
blocked shots
FG%
FT%
#PT %

I know I didn't cover all the stats in those sports but you get the idea.You ALWAYS have something to keep track of even if your team isn't winning.Will so and so hit 50+ homeruns,will this guy throw for 3,000 yards,will this player score a double-double?

The final point I would add is that Baseball,basketball, and football are alll AMERICAN SPORTS,invented here in the good ol USA,not imported from anywhere.From a personal standpoint I would also had how can anyone get excited when you play 90 minutes and the score is 0-0.1-0,2-1,2-2 and so forth ALL THE FREAKING TIME.on't even get me started on the TIES.Sports are meant to have a winner,not end in a TIE.

To all who have joined this discussion,thank you for playing.

1890MilesToNorman
6/20/2010, 09:21 AM
I really tried but I just can't watch this ****.

olevetonahill
6/20/2010, 09:46 AM
I really tried but I just can't watch this ****.

This
I turned it on once the other day when the USA was playing . it bored me to tears and those ****in horn things annoyed the **** out of me :mad:
Turned that **** off after just a few minutes . Id rather spend my time Contemplating Naval lint :cool:

delhalew
6/20/2010, 09:55 AM
It's now clear that playing in S. Africa was a mistake. Those f'n horns make it even more impossible to watch.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 10:25 AM
The final point I would add is that Baseball,basketball, and football are alll AMERICAN SPORTS,invented here in the good ol USA,not imported from anywhere.

Baseball was invented by the English, otherwise known as Rounders. Basketball was invented by a Canadian. Football is derived from rugby played in the United Kingdom in the mid 19th century.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 10:36 AM
Baseball was invented by the English, otherwise known as Rounders. Basketball was invented by a Canadian. Football is derived from rugby played in the United Kingdom in the mid 19th century.

Apparently there was a game called stoolball that was played in England before basebal. I'm not playing any game called stoolball.

But baseball is an American game. Softball is far more similar to baseball than rounders, but we don't consider baseball and softball the same sport.

Naismith may have been Canadian, but the game is an American sport.

Football and rugby are not the same sports. Ergo, football is an American sport.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 10:37 AM
It's now clear that playing in S. Africa was a mistake. Those f'n horns make it even more impossible to watch.

The fact that I refuse to turn on the tv makes it impossible for me to watch soccer.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 10:40 AM
Apparently there was a game called stoolball that was played in England before basebal. I'm not playing any game called stoolball.

But baseball is an American game. Softball is far more similar to baseball than rounders, but we don't consider baseball and softball the same sport.

Naismith may have been Canadian, but the game is an American sport.

Football and rugby are not the same sports. Ergo, football is an American sport.

All of those sports were not invented in America. They were taken and Americanized. Although, I can't remember if Naismith came up with his version of basketball before or after he left college in Canada.

jkjsooner
6/20/2010, 10:41 AM

Please explain to me what history I revised. I didn't say before soccer existed. I said before most of the world knew or played soccer. Western Europe does not equal most of the world. (I even explicitly stated the distinction I was making for the reading impaired. Apparently that wasn't good enough for you.)

And don't go off talking about kicking games and human heads and such. I'm talking about the modern game of soccer.

To emphasize, the best soccer playing country in the world (Brazil) barely played the game until a decade or two into the 20th century. Same with Mexico.
In Asia it didn't really start until the mid '40s.

The fact is, by the time soccer was spreading around the world we had 4 major sports already dominating our sports culture.

So, please provide some real history instead of ill-informed comments.

As another point, soccer fanatics translate "most popular sport in the world" (which is true) to being equivalent to "most popular sport everywhere in the world except the U.S." That's utter B.S. There's a billion Indians most of whom don't care a whole lot about soccer/futball and whatever interest they have is almost meaningless compared to cricket. Baseball is still #1 in Japan (though soccer is gaining), Cuba, Dominican Republic, S. Korea (debatable maybe but my Korean boss says baseball is still more popular), etc.

jkjsooner
6/20/2010, 11:05 AM
All of those sports were not invented in America. They were taken and Americanized. Although, I can't remember if Naismith came up with his version of basketball before or after he left college in Canada.

Last I heard Springfield, MA is not in Canada. Maybe you're arguing the conventional wisdom is wrong but any history you read will say that he invented the game there.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 11:05 AM

I learned to ignore them a long time ago.

jkjsooner
6/20/2010, 11:11 AM
Seriously.

I dare you to find one thing I wrote in my post that was incorrect. Same with tommieharris.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 11:17 AM
If I cared, I would give it a shot. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm already past it. Americans hate soccer. Whoopty-do. Don't see why it needs to be said by every poster here every time the World Cup comes around.

You don't see me starting threads talking **** about NASCAR every year for whatever their main race is.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 11:20 AM
Last I heard Springfield, MA is not in Canada. Maybe you're arguing the conventional wisdom is wrong but any history you read will say that he invented the game there.

That's why I said I couldn't remember if it was before, during or after college in Canada.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 11:58 AM
Quick Fact: There were 41 countries in FA/FIFA during the first World Cup of 1930.

delhalew
6/20/2010, 12:29 PM
If I cared, I would give it a shot. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm already past it. Americans hate soccer. Whoopty-do. Don't see why it needs to be said by every poster here every time the World Cup comes around.

You don't see me starting threads talking **** about NASCAR every year for whatever their main race is.

NASCAR is an American sport. Nothing that special about it. It happens all the time. The WC is super hyped. ESPN is trying to shove it down our throats. We have every right to discuss why we're not going for it. If that hurts your feelers, you could avoid this thread.

I know you don't care...and yet you post about us showing our displeasure with the sport.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 12:48 PM
I don't think ESPN is trying to shove it down anyone. You either watch the games or you don't.

I'm still trying to figure out why there's a World Cup soccer discussion on a OU Football forum.

ndpruitt03
6/20/2010, 12:52 PM
Because it's the off-season. Oh well the players report in about 2 weeks or so. Media day is in about a month.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 12:54 PM
Because it's the off-season. Oh well the players report in about 2 weeks or so. Media day is in about a month.

General Sports Forum.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 01:17 PM
NASCAR is an American sport. Nothing that special about it. It happens all the time. The WC is super hyped. ESPN is trying to shove it down our throats. We have every right to discuss why we're not going for it. If that hurts your feelers, you could avoid this thread.

I know you don't care...and yet you post about us showing our displeasure with the sport.

The WC is super hyped because it's the biggest sporting event in the world. Nothing makes people feel more national pride than the World Cup, except in America, I guess. And I never said that people didn't have the right to post about it, I just don't see the point. You're American. You hate soccer. We get it.

And the "I don't care" part was in reference to whoever it was comparing the histories of baseball and soccer. Nice reading comprehension.

Eielson
6/20/2010, 02:05 PM
The WC is super hyped because it's the biggest sporting event in the world. Nothing makes people feel more national pride than the World Cup, except in America, I guess. And I never said that people didn't have the right to post about it, I just don't see the point. You're American. You hate soccer. We get it.

Olympics?

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 02:08 PM
Olympics?

A big event, although I don't see the same intensity of national pride as with the World Cup, but it's fairly close. At least from what I've seen.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 02:40 PM

The original poster said they were American sports. And they are. (Naismith invented the game in Massachusetts.)

Very few sports are actually invented.

ndpruitt03
6/20/2010, 02:42 PM
There's not the same national pride for the US for soccer simply because we've almost always sucked at soccer real bad till about the last 10 years or so. Even when we hosted the WC in 94 we pretty much stunk. We might have made it to the knock out round. I don't remember. In the next WC we got our butts kicked. Now we don't suck at soccer but we aren't the best yet. We still have a shot at winning a game in the knock out round.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 02:47 PM

As a constant reminder to those who want to Europeanize our beloved country.

That's turned into a sissy sport too. "You looked very angry when you got of the car. Our female viewers will not like that. You need to take six hours of anger management counseling..."

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 02:48 PM
There's not the same national pride for the US for soccer simply because we've almost always sucked at soccer real bad till about the last 10 years or so. Even when we hosted the WC in 94 we pretty much stunk. We might have made it to the knock out round. I don't remember. In the next WC we got our butts kicked. Now we don't suck at soccer but we aren't the best yet. We still have a shot at winning a game in the knock out round.

Which is why I root against the Americans.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 02:52 PM
The original poster said they were American sports. And they are. (Naismith invented the game in Massachusetts.)

Do you ever make any *ucking sense? He said they were invented here, which they were not, minus basketball.

ndpruitt03
6/20/2010, 02:58 PM
Football is basically American. Yes it was based off of rugby a little, but most of it's current rules were made by Walter Camp about a 120 years ago.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 03:00 PM

We made it to the knockout round in 94 and lost to eventual champion Brazil 1-0. And yeah, we sucked in France in 98, but we suck on European soil.

The sport has come a long way in this country since 1994, and it's still growing. I wish it was like this when I played.

Eielson
6/20/2010, 03:02 PM

This is backwards. We suck at soccer because we don't care about it. All of our great athletes play football and basketball, and we absolutely dominate those two sports.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 03:03 PM
Do you ever make any *ucking sense? He said they were invented here, which they were not, minus basketball.

And I pointed out that few sports are ever truly invented.

If you disagree, kindly point out how we derived basketball from a sport invented in another country, which you claimed.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 03:05 PM
American football is just now starting to catch on in other countries.

And our athletes who play soccer are good enough to compete with the world's best, but our youth training and development programs, coaching, and a domestic league that would be in the middle of the pack in Europe are what's keeping us from being up there with the elite.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 03:07 PM
And I pointed out that few sports are ever truly invented.

If you disagree, kindly point out how we derived basketball from a sport invented in another country, which you claimed.

Apparently and with no surprise, you're not reading the thread. I have already acknowledged that it was determined that Heismith was out of Canada and invented basketball after moving here. Keep up.

However, baseball and football not so much.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/20/2010, 03:07 PM

And our athletes who play soccer are good enough to compete with the world's best, but our youth training and development programs, coaching, and a domestic league that would be in the middle of the pack in Europe are what's keeping us from being up there with the elite.

This.

GKeeper316
6/20/2010, 03:11 PM

kansas, actually.

ndpruitt03
6/20/2010, 03:12 PM
This is backwards. We suck at soccer because we don't care about it. All of our great athletes play football and basketball, and we absolutely dominate those two sports.

Outside of Basketball which olympic sports do we send our best athletes to? We have dominated the medals in summer for a long time. Even when we lost to Russia in 1992 it was close. Winter games we've won the last few also, even though we had stunk at the winter games for a long time. I'll give soccer this. It's a lot more popular in America now than 15 years ago or even 10 years ago. But has anyone here really watched an MLS game in the since it first started up in the late 90s?

Eielson
6/20/2010, 03:14 PM
And our athletes who play soccer are good enough to compete with the world's best

Perhaps, but our athletes in basketball and football are THE best.

but our youth training and development programs, coaching, and a domestic league that would be in the middle of the pack in Europe are what's keeping us from being up there with the elite.

Once again, this is probably true, but it's just a result of most Americans not caring.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/20/2010, 03:14 PM
I have.

Quite a few, actually. Even debating buying a Chicago Fire jersey.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 03:18 PM
But has anyone here really watched an MLS game in the since it first started up in the late 90s?

A lot of people, which is why by 2012 there will be 20 teams in the league. I watch whenever it's on, and I would do my best to go to games if OKC had a team. As it stands, I will cheer for the Vancouver Whitecaps when they enter the league next year.

Once again, this is probably true, but it's just a result of most Americans not caring.

The culture is changing, though. People are caring about it more and more with each passing year. I think we can make a serious run at the Cup within the next 12-16 years, especially if we get to host in 2022.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 03:19 PM
Perhaps, but our athletes in basketball and football are THE best.

2004 Athens Olympics says Hello!

GKeeper316
6/20/2010, 03:24 PM
Outside of Basketball which olympic sports do we send our best athletes to? We have dominated the medals in summer for a long time. Even when we lost to Russia in 1992 it was close. Winter games we've won the last few also, even though we had stunk at the winter games for a long time. I'll give soccer this. It's a lot more popular in America now than 15 years ago or even 10 years ago. But has anyone here really watched an MLS game in the since it first started up in the late 90s?

i buy the mls package from cox every year.

even if i only watch 1-2 games, i still buy it to support the league.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 03:27 PM
But has anyone here really watched an MLS game in the since it first started up in the late 90s?

We sell out every game and are opening a new $165 million dollar soccer stadium/complex next year.

http://mlsinsiderblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/KCStadium.jpg

Eielson
6/20/2010, 03:48 PM
2004 Athens Olympics says Hello!

Really? You're going to bring that up. That's pretty pathetic. The US basketball team is 105-4 all-time, and that's with hardly ever sending our best players. The 2004 team was pathetically put together, and it still got a bronze. It was a wakeup call, and why wouldn't we need a wakeup call? It's hard to stay awake when you're 92-1 all-time. How did America respond? In the preliminary round our average victory was by a little over 32 points a game. Our next three games we won by an average of a little over 20. We beat the second place team by 37 points, and the third place team by 20 points. That's how big the gap was.

You don't want to start this argument. You don't have a chance.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 03:52 PM
Really? You're going to bring that up. That's pretty pathetic. The US basketball team is 105-4 all-time, and that's with hardly ever sending our best players. The 2004 team was pathetically put together, and it still got a bronze. It was a wakeup call, and why wouldn't we need a wakeup call? It's hard to stay awake when you're 92-1 all-time. How did America respond? In the preliminary round our average victory was by a little over 32 points a game. Our next three games we won by an average of a little over 20. We beat the second place team by 37 points, and the third place team by 20 points. That's how big the gap was.

You don't want to start this argument. You don't have a chance.

My bad, I thought you said THE BEST.

Eielson
6/20/2010, 03:56 PM
We sell out every game and are opening a new $165 million dollar soccer stadium/complex next year.

$1.3 billion. http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7932/4funnyig6.gif

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/New%20Cowboys%20Stadium%20II.jpg

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 03:57 PM
$1.3 billion and no scoreboard. Good job, Jerruh.

Eielson
6/20/2010, 03:57 PM
My bad, I thought you said THE BEST.

Please name a better basketball country. This could get hilarious.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 04:01 PM
$1.3 billion and no scoreboard. Good job, Jerruh.

I didn't know Jerryworld was a soccer stadium? Who knew?

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 04:02 PM
Please name a better basketball country. This could get hilarious.

Puerto Rico.

God your easy to *uck with.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 04:04 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Kansas_City_Wizards_season

According to the link you managed to sell out every game when playing in a temporary ballpark that seats only about 10,000 people, about the same size as Pirate Stadium, home of the Wylie (TX) High School football team.

Edit: Actually, you didn't sell out every game, at least not in 2008.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 04:06 PM

According to the link you managed to sell out every game when playing in a temporary ballpark that seats only about 10,000 people, about the same size as Pirate Stadium, home of Wylie (TX) High School.

They play in a minor league baseball stadium until the new one is built. Got any more questions, Dolt?

Eielson
6/20/2010, 04:08 PM
I didn't know Jerryworld was a soccer stadium? Who knew?

You acted like a $165 million stadium would impress me. It didn't.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 04:09 PM
You acted like a $165 million stadium would impress me. It didn't.

I wasn't trying to impress you. The post was quoted to Nick. Keep up.

Eielson
6/20/2010, 04:12 PM
I wasn't trying to impress you. The post was quoted to Nick. Keep up.

Fine. You acted like a $165 million stadium would impress Nick. It shouldn't.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 04:13 PM

Edit: Actually, you didn't sell out every game, at least not in 2008.

Kind of difficult to sell out a 90,000 seat football stadium in your early years. Anything else you wanna look up super-sleuth?

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 04:14 PM
Fine. You acted like a $165 million stadium would impress Nick. It shouldn't.

Are you done crying yet?

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 04:14 PM
They play in a minor league baseball stadium until the new one is built. Got any more questions, Dolt?

With an attendance of only 8,000 to 10,000, how many empty seats do they plan for the new stadium?

Or are they going to build a high school stadium so they can fill it up?

The easier option is to find a nearby high school and just lease the complex. (Of course, not on Friday nights, when more important activities are planned.)

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 04:19 PM
With an attendance of only 8,000 to 10,000, how many empty seats do they plan for the new stadium?

Or are they going to build a high school stadium so they can fill it up?

The easier option is to find a nearby high school and just lease the complex. (Of course, not on Friday nights, when more important activities are planned.)

This is why our public education system is *ucked. It's being taught by mouthbreathers like this.

Eielson
6/20/2010, 04:19 PM
Are you done crying yet?

"My argument is pathetic, so I'm going to insult you."

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 04:22 PM
"My argument is pathetic, so I'm going to insult you."

There was no argument to begin with, you were being *ucked with and you fell for it. Pretty simple.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 04:22 PM
This is why our public education system is *ucked. It's being taught by mouthbreathers like this.

Hee hee. Looks like I nailed it.

When you walk out of your new soccer stadium look across the street at Kansas Speedway, with a capacity of over 80,000.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 04:31 PM
Hee hee. Looks like I nailed it.

When you walk out of your new soccer stadium look across the street at Kansas Speedway, with a capacity of over 80,000.

You nailing anything but the glory hole at a bear-bar would be considered a miracle.

Why would anyone care about attendence at another venue that only gets filled to capacity once a year or in general? Pretty weak even for you.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 04:46 PM
You nailing anything but the glory hole at a bear-bar would be considered a miracle.

Why would anyone care about attendence at another venue that only gets filled to capacity once a year or in general? Pretty weak even for you.

BTW, the new soccer stadium plan is part of a business complex for a large corporation, CERNER. In fact, more money plans to be sunk into the office complex than the stadium.

Your soccer team only sold 8,000 -10,000 tickets, which is more similar to high school football than anything else. (Of course, a high school stadium only serves a very small neighborhood within the city). If you build a 25,000 seat stadium, you will simply have 15,000 empty seats every week.

Face the facts: 8,000 people attending a city-wide sporting event is not impressive.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 04:49 PM
BTW, the new soccer stadium plan is part of a business complex for a large corporation, CERNER. In fact, more money plans to be sunk into the office complex than the stadium.

Your soccer team only sold 8,000 -10,000 tickets, which is more similar to high school football than anything else. (Of course, a high school stadium only serves a very small neighborhood within the city). If you build a 25,000 seat stadium, you will simply have 15,000 empty seats every week.

Face the facts: 8,000 people attending a city-wide sporting event is not impressive.

Are you done talking in circles about a new soccer stadium being built?

A. They don't play every week. Keep up
B. It's being built for 18,500 fans. Again, keep up.
C. Cerner already has a giant complex in North KC, and this is just an extension that isn't set in stone that I know of. They are however, building a hotel and youth soccer fields.

D. Most importantly, ask me if I care about your opinion. I'll wait right here.

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 04:50 PM
People have been hyping soccer in the US of A for seemingly ever, saying how it's about to catch fire, we have all these kids playing, wait until they become adults and continue as fans, blah, blah, blah...

Guess what? Hasn't happened yet and it's not going to, unless we truly are overrun by the messicans and then all bets are off.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 04:58 PM
Are you done talking in circles about a new soccer stadium being built?

A. They don't play every week. Keep up
B. It's being built for 18,500 fans. Again, keep up.
C. Cerner already has a giant complex in North KC, and this is just an exension that isn't set in stone that I know of. They are building a hotel and youth soccer fields.

D. Most importantly, ask me if I care about your opinion. I'll wait right here.

Gee, weren't you the one that brought it up? "Look guys! This is our new big, bad soccer stadium!"

Now you're sulking. "They... they... sniff... made fun-n-n-n of my new sta-sta-stadium."

Eielson
6/20/2010, 05:02 PM
People have been hyping soccer in the US of A for seemingly ever, saying how it's about to catch fire, we have all these kids playing, wait until they become adults and continue as fans, blah, blah, blah...

Guess what? Hasn't happened yet and it's not going to, unless we truly are overrun by the messicans and then all bets are off.

Pretty much. There is still a HUGE gap between athleticism between football and soccer players in the high schools.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 05:05 PM
Gee, weren't you the one that brought it up? "Look guys! This is our new big, bad soccer stadium!"

Now you're sulking. "They... they... sniff... made fun-n-n-n of my new sta-sta-stadium."

Whatever, I replied to Nick about watching MLS soccer, and you went and got your panties all in a wad. Just go back to doing what you do best, getting negged and being the giant dick of the board.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 05:07 PM
Pretty much. There is still a HUGE gap between athleticism between football and soccer players in the high schools.

How so? I know plenty of kids that play both sports in high school.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 05:10 PM

It may never be as popular as football or basketball, but it is gaining ground, and it's getting better at the youth levels, which is most important to its growth. It was never going to be an explosion of interest. It has and will continue to grow slowly.

Sooner4FCD
6/20/2010, 05:17 PM

So USA-England got more TV viewers than every game of the NBA Finals but game 7 in the highest rated finals in a decade....The robbery that happened in the USA-Slovenia game was front page news in every major newspaper. Major League Soccer averages over 15k fans a game. What more is there?

Sooner4FCD
6/20/2010, 05:19 PM

Maybe that's because high school soccer is pretty much dead in all the major soccer cities. All the best youth soccer players play in whats called the US Soccer Development Academy.

One of the best U17 players in the country named Jack Coleman is from Norman and drives from Norman to Dallas 3 times a week to train and play with the FC Dallas Development Academy team.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 05:19 PM
It may never be as popular as football or basketball, but it is gaining ground, and it's getting better at the youth levels, which is most important to its growth. It was never going to be an explosion of interest. It has and will continue to grow slowly.

It's gotten WAY better at the youth levels. These kids today are some awesome players and they're getting better younger than in the past.

I went and watched a group of ten year olds a few months ago, and I couldn't believe how hard they were striking the ball. Unreal.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 05:24 PM
I haven't seen any youth soccer since...well, back when I played, which was about a decade ago. If and when I have children, soccer will be the first sport I will get them to try, and if they don't like it, oh well, on to other things. But it would be awesome if they loved the game.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 05:25 PM
So USA-England got more TV viewers than every game of the NBA Finals but game 7 in the highest rated finals in a decade...

I will be the first to admit that watching a game in which nothing every really happens is probably better than watching that train wreck of a game they call the NBA. Soccer may suck, but at least the guys playing look somewhat organized... like they have had some coaching and have read the rules.

But soccer is pretty much a kid's sport. They play it when they're 12 because their mothers don't want them getting hurt and even kids can understand the rules and manage to move the ball around. Football and basketball are just too difficult to play for younger kids (although they try).

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah, basketball is real hard to play...

Sooner4FCD
6/20/2010, 05:30 PM
But soccer is pretty much a kid's sport. They play it when they're 12 because their mothers don't want them getting hurt and even kids can understand the rules and manage to move the ball around. Football and basketball are just too difficult to play for younger kids (although they try).

Do you have any idea how many adults play soccer in the DFW metroplex?

I realize you're probably just spouting idiocy now to wind us up, but you really have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah, basketball is real hard to play...

and you gotta have a phd to play pee wee football.....

TUSooner
6/20/2010, 05:33 PM
To each to his own. I think if it were the only sport around, most real sports fans would learn the game and learn to like it, or at least learn what's likeable about it. But frankly, IDGAS whether you like it or not. In fact, I DO like it, but I'm pretty fed up with the WC. If it's not the effing obnoxious vuvuzelas, it's cynical, chicken-sh!t play resulting in a bunch of unsatisfying draws, or it's hideous reffing, or it's whiny fakers who need to be given a serious punch in the gob just to remind them what a REAL a$$ whipping is like. I've seen more manly play by high-school girls. I'd rather watch a club game than watch some of these gutless wienie-a$$ international frauds (like Italy for starters). It's an absolute disgrace to the sport, which is unfortunately run world-wide by a collection of spineless idiots known as FIFA.

That said, I don't like basketball, but you don't see me crying about people who do. So hate soccer all you want, but feel free to STFU while you're at it. And I mean that in almost the nicest possible way.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 05:37 PM
To each to his own. I think if it were the only sport around, most real sports fans would learn the game and learn to like it, or at least learn what's likeable about it. But frankly, IDGAS whether you like it or not. In fact, I DO like it, but I'm pretty fed up with the WC. If it's not the effing obnoxious vuvuzelas, it's cynical, chicken-sh!t play resulting in a bunch of unsatisfying draws, or it's hideous reffing, or it's whiny fakers who need to be given a serious punch in the gob just to remind them what a REAL a$$ whipping is like. I've seen more manly play by high-school girls. I'd rather watch a club game than watch some of these gutless wienie-a$$ international frauds (like Italy for starters). It's an absolute disgrace to the sport, which is unfortunately run world-wide by a collection of spineless idiots known as FIFA.

Yeah, FIFA is going to have to change the way they referee the games and hand out punishments to get rid of the diving and play-acting. Retroactive yellow cards for obvious dives would be a good start.

But this is FIFA we're talking about here.

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 05:41 PM
So USA-England got more TV viewers than every game of the NBA Finals but game 7 in the highest rated finals in a decade....The robbery that happened in the USA-Slovenia game was front page news in every major newspaper. Major League Soccer averages over 15k fans a game. What more is there?

Lets see...an international event that comes around every 4 years outdraws the first 6 games of the NBA finals when everyone with a clue knew there would be a game 7. YAWN...

The USA getting cheated in an international event is front page news for a couple of days, WOW, ya don't say! YAWN...

A whopping 15,000 fans per game, another WOW.... YAWN....

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 05:42 PM
Do you have any idea how many adults play soccer in the DFW metroplex?

I realize you're probably just spouting idiocy now to wind us up, but you really have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

messicans don't count. :P

Sooner4FCD
6/20/2010, 05:44 PM
Lets see...an international event that comes around every 4 years outdraws the first 6 games of the NBA finals when everyone with a clue knew there would be a game 7. YAWN...

The USA getting cheated in an international event is front page news for a couple of days, WOW, ya don't say! YAWN...

Well what the hell do you want man? You said that people are waiting for soccer to get popular and I showed you 3 ways....if you don't consider 17 million TV viewers, front page newspaper and rising attendance numbers in a time when attendances are dropping all around sport, then nothing will change your closed mind.

There's an MLS team that averages over 30k fans a game.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 05:45 PM

Considering that MLS has lasted 15 years when preceding professional leagues couldn't last 5 in this country, that's not bad. And it's still growing. But keep being ignorant, you wear it so well.

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 05:46 PM
Considering that MLS has lasted 15 years when preceding professional leagues couldn't last 5 in this country, that's not bad. And it's still growing. But keep being ignorant, you wear it so well.

Awww, fanboy got his lil feelers hurt. That's cute. :O ;)

TUSooner
6/20/2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah, FIFA is going to have to change the way they referee the games and hand out punishments to get rid of the diving and play-acting. Retroactive yellow cards for obvious dives would be a good start.

But this is FIFA we're talking about here.

FIFA - the UN of sports, but even worse. Immune to improvement, and they make the NFL look like a non-profit charity.

I think video review -- and punishment -- is the only way to stop that crap. But one ref in the middle is not enough to keep track of the frauds, either.

~~
I don't see why anyone should get his skivvies in a wad just because some people actually like the sport. Do they also get pissed off at people for having the wrong favorite color? Pfffft....

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 05:48 PM
Maybe you fanboys really are like the guys you watch -- a bunch of nancyboys. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:D :D :D :D

silverwheels
My feelings were hurt because you don't know what you're talking about? Yeah, okay, buddy. Keep going full retard.

Sooner4FCD
Maybe you fanboys really are like the guys you watch -- a bunch of nancyboys. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:D :D :D :D

O'Doyle rules!

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 05:49 PM
My feelings were hurt because you don't know what you're talking about? Yeah, okay, buddy. Keep going full retard.

Hey, is this where you fall down and cry?

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 05:49 PM
Never go full retard.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 05:50 PM
Hey, is this where you fall down and cry?

No, this is where I start to ignore your dumb ***. Troll someone else, loser.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 05:52 PM

But...but....but...don't you care what a lonely middle-aged man in a posse club thinks about you?

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 05:52 PM
KC if you were any gheyer, you'd be...well - gay!

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 05:53 PM

But you cry better than anyone else, and it's so much fun making you do it. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 05:54 PM
KC if you were any gheyer. you'd be well...gay.

If you were any gayer you'd be singing an Elton John duet with Leeroy Lizard in a bath house.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 05:54 PM
But you cry better than anyone else, and it's so much fun making you do it. ;)

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Have fun, jackass.

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 05:56 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Have fun, jackass.

You still haven't called me anything to top your nancyboy label.

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 05:57 PM
If you were any gayer you'd be singing an Elton John duet with Leeroy Lizard in a bath house.

You're trying too hard. :rolleyes:

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 05:57 PM
You still haven't called me anything to top your nancyboy label.

I don't have to. Your posts speak for themselves. You're a jackass troll.

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 06:00 PM
I don't have to. Your posts speak for themselves. You're a jackass troll.

You're not very good at ignoring me. That's speaks pretty highly of my trolling ablities I guess. :D

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 06:01 PM
Hey, at least you admit that you're a stupid troll. Don't know why anyone finds it amusing to troll anyone else, but whatever.

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 06:03 PM
Hey, at least you admit that you're a stupid troll. Don't know why anyone finds it amusing to troll anyone else, but whatever.

OK, now you admit to being a nancyboy and everything is right with the world. :D

GKeeper316
6/20/2010, 06:03 PM

it all started when al gore invented the internet...

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 06:05 PM
OK, now you admit to being a nancyboy and everything is right with the world. :D

That's the difference. You think I'm a nancyboy because you're a stupid troll, and I think you're a stupid troll because you're a stupid troll.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 06:05 PM
it all started when al gore invented the internet...

I bet he invented it for this purpose.

Well, this and pr0n.

GKeeper316
6/20/2010, 06:07 PM
That's the difference. You think I'm a nancyboy because you're a stupid troll, and I think you're a stupid troll because you're a stupid troll.

i hate to say it, bill, but you cant argue with that kinda logic...

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 06:07 PM

No, ya see I think you turned nancyboy first. You started crying, that made it fun to pick on you...

Yep, pretty sure you started it.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 06:10 PM
No, ya see I think you turned nancyboy first. You started crying, that made it fun to pick on you...

Yep, pretty sure you started it.

You think you're picking on me, and I'm pointing you out to be the dumbass that you are. Doesn't matter who started it, you are what you are. And that is a troll.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 06:10 PM
it all started when inbreds learned how to use the internet...

stopping the infestation one zombie-tard at a time......

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 06:11 PM
You think you're picking on me, and I'm pointing you out to be the dumbass that you are. Doesn't matter who started it, you are what you are. And that is a troll.

Troll > Nancyboy

So...what's your point? :D

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 06:12 PM
Would make sense if I were a nancyboy, which I'm not. I never dove or play-acted when I played, but you apparently enjoy being an idiot.

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 06:16 PM
OK ladies, I really gotta run.

I may come back later and kick more sand in your faces.

Y'all have fun! :D

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 06:17 PM
It's cute how you think you're a bully or something. You even use the little smileys.

jkjsooner
6/20/2010, 06:22 PM

And the "I don't care" part was in reference to whoever it was comparing the histories of baseball and soccer. Nice reading comprehension.

Except in America? How about the billion Indians? They think the cricket world cup is where they feel the national pride. Same with a bunch of other countries. You just made my point. Soccer fans like to overstate the popularity and imply that we're the only ones who haven't totally embraced soccer which is entirely untrue.

The "I don't care" comment was addressed to me. Apparently you did care when you agreed that I used revisionst history. When I backed up everything I said and pointed out your own problems with reading comprehension all you can say is that you don't care. Seems you cared enough to comment on my original post. I guess being totally wrong can make you stop caring pretty quickly.

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 06:26 PM
I didn't say that Americans are the only ones who haven't embraced soccer, but seeing as how I'm talking to a bunch of Americans, they are the ones I have singled out. Trust me, I watch rugby, Aussie Rules Football, and other sports that aren't that popular here. I know what other countries play and don't play.

And I was wrong. Whatever. Happens to everyone. I thought that baseball didn't really become that popular here until the end of the 19th century. Congratulations on winning an internet argument. Crack open the bubbly and frame this page.

Eielson
6/20/2010, 06:35 PM
Enough of soccer. Let's get to something more important.

Why is **** (p-i-s-s) censored but not jackass or dumbass?

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 06:36 PM
Because urine is gross.

Eielson
6/20/2010, 06:38 PM
Because urine is gross.

Nancyboy. :P

silverwheels
6/20/2010, 06:39 PM
Hey, don't make me urinate all over the place.

jkjsooner
6/20/2010, 06:50 PM

1. We should give up on trying to spread gridiron to other countries. It's a very nuanced/complicated game that is almost impossible to be truly appreciated by those who didn't grow up with it. The many reasons we love it is why others don't get it. They hate the start and stops. (Many ignorant Europeans have told me it is that way because it fits TV better. You could make that argument if the general rules including the starts and stops weren't in existence long before the first sporting event was broadcast on TV or radio.) They don't like the exteme specialization in our game. I understand the criticism but that is one thing we like about the game. They don't like the role that coaches play in the tactical aspects of the game. It's definitely a unique aspect of our game (even among our other sports) and we like it.

The ignorance around the world about our game just astonishes me. I wouldn't mind it if they just admitted they don't understand the game but too many of them act like they do understand the game. Ignorance is definitely not limited to Americans. I've mentioned their lack of knowledge about the term "football" and how it is derived from Rugby Football and how they love deride us for using their sacred name - yet we were using it before many of them were playing any game called football. They also think that American football pllayers are fat and out-of-shape. Sure, with its specialization our sport does have some lineman who could stand to lose a few pounds but for their size they're in great shape and are tremendous athletes. Soccer is a marathon game. American football is a game of 100 yard sprints every 30 seconds or so. I wouldn't call either lazy or out of shape. It's simply different. They love to call American football players wimps because the players wear "armor." They can't comprehend that certain aspects of American football require the use of padding that even rugby doesn't require. (Players are bigger, everyone can hit everyone on every play unlike rugby, more blindside hitting, more emphasis and collisions than simply tackling, etc.)

2. The fact is that our best athletes (in general) don't play soccer. I'm not saying "if Michael Jordan played soccer" as some have said because he probably would be a **** poor soccer player. Yet, the really athletic guys end up on the football and basketball teams. A few of those would end up being fantastic soccer players had they been born in, say, Brazil. At the high school level soccer is relegated to secondary status and generally does not draw the fastest or most agile guys.

My criticism of soccer has less to do with the sport than its fans around the world. You'd be surprised how many people think Americans are unatheletic because we don't excel at soccer. Seriously.

EnragedOUfan
6/20/2010, 07:38 PM
Curly Bill, why throw in the constant "messicans" statement?......Dude, I'm white and I enjoy the heck out of Soccer. I enjoy the world cup and I find Soccer to be a very exciting sport.... Many Americans like Golf and Nascar. I hate and don't have the patience for golf and I hate and don't have the patience to watch a stock car drive 500 times around a track. I do enjoy American football and basketball. This thread is an opinionated thread as to why "futbol sucks", but I enjoy football. The World Cup is exciting, Soccer is exciting, I'm proud to be American, I'm glad England has yet to score a point and Deutschland lost, and I'm proud that U-S-A is still in it.

Leroy Lizard, unless you've ever lived in Europe, you really have no idea what the heck you're talking about if you think America is "Europanized"......You seriously have no freaking clue. I know Foxnews, Bill O'Reily, Rush Limbaugh, our horrendous own Tom Coburn, James Inhofe, the Tea Partiers, etc want Americans to think this, but unless anyone has lived in Europe to experience it for themselves, people need to do a little research and figure it out for themselves....I live in Germany, am employed by the Feds, and I supervise two local national employees that work for Uncle Sam (1 German citizen and 1 Italian citizen). I hear from them and know what these guys are taxed on not only at work, but in their private lives.... Americans need to be grateful for what we have and quit acting stupid with this socialism nonsense...

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 07:42 PM
1. We should give up on trying to spread gridiron to other countries. It's a very nuanced/complicated game that is almost impossible to be truly appreciated by those who didn't grow up with it.

Football is a thinking man's game. Soccer isn't. The strategy involved in football is at a very high level, and that has an appeal to Americans. We like the timouts and the huddles because that gives us time to debate strategy.

Bozworth once mentioned that he had a hard time adapting to the NFL's monstrous playbook. Here's a pic of an offensive playbook, which can grow up to 800 pages.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/0825/nfl_rd_bennett01_580.jpg

Just to let you know, that isn't Bozworth's arm in the photo.

Here is a cool article on the playbook: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview07/news/story?id=2973338

Why do some want soccer in this country? I think most that do come from the Left. They feel that as Americans we should feel guilty about being so uncultured, so they want to turn the U.S. into France. It's all part of a multiculturalist movement to stamp out the redneck way of life.

btk108
6/20/2010, 07:45 PM
what is this "soccer" thing you speak of?

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 08:00 PM
As soon as they can kick our *** in a war they can make us call it futbol.

btk108
6/20/2010, 08:01 PM
soccer=futbol? They can't make up their minds what to call this stupid game?

Frozen Sooner
6/20/2010, 08:22 PM
Locking this since it's turned into a political pissing contest.