PDA

View Full Version : FAO Frag Mag...

Turd_Ferguson
6/15/2010, 07:33 PM
Seen a couple of Sentry's doing t&g's today. The radome wasn't spinning. Y'all forget to turn the damn thing on?:D

Also, T-bird's are spose to be practicing Friday around noon.

StoopTroup
6/15/2010, 07:37 PM
MIA?

Okla-homey
6/15/2010, 07:58 PM
They don't spin them when they are doing pattern work or when preparing to land. The landing forces are hard on the radome actuator and gimbels, so they lock 'em down to the static stowed position.

Kinda like your seatbacks and tray tables.

SoonerStormchaser
6/15/2010, 07:59 PM
Actually, we keep em in the "idle" setting during transition...which is 1/6 rpm. When that puppy is in full spin, it's pretty damn awesome. We don't lock em down til we're in the chocks.

Okla-homey
6/15/2010, 08:00 PM
Seen a couple of Sentry's doing t&g's today. The radome wasn't spinning. Y'all forget to turn the damn thing on?:D

Also, T-bird's are spose to be practicing Friday around noon.

I'm hoping a certain OETA reporter will be aboard one of those Friday sorties. Keep ur fingers crossed for VK to win the Thunderbirds' journalist-lottery, a/k/a "Media flights."

I'll give you 3:1 odds she pukes her pretty guts out if she gets to go.:D

And no Czar, she won't get to keep her "go fast pants"/g-suit (that's inflatable a$$less chaps to civilians.)

SoonerStormchaser
6/15/2010, 08:02 PM
I'm hoping a certain OETA reporter will be aboard one of those Friday sorties. Keep ur fingers crossed for VK to win the Thunderbirds' journalist-lottery, a/k/a "Media flights."

Heh...I'm staying clear of the base this weekend for just that purpose. Besides, now going through INav upgrade, I've got a lot of studying to do...

Okla-homey
6/15/2010, 08:03 PM
Actually, we keep em in the "idle" setting during transition...which is 1/6 rpm. When that puppy is in full spin, it's pretty damn awesome. We don't lock em down til we're in the chocks.

Makes sense.

StoopTroup
6/15/2010, 08:11 PM

Love the spinning rides. :D

We ain't never gonna die BABAY!

sEIxvawYg5s

Turd_Ferguson
6/16/2010, 08:06 PM
Don't know if anybody seen them today, but the T-Birds came in around noon. I'm not real sure, but I don't think they took the typical traffic pattern:D

SoonerStormchaser
6/16/2010, 08:12 PM
Meh...after going to a Red Flag at Nellis and seeing them doing their practicing for about two weeks straight while I'm running my checklists on the jet in preparation for a sortie, I'm good.

Okla-homey
6/16/2010, 08:55 PM
Meh...after going to a Red Flag at Nellis and seeing them doing their practicing for about two weeks straight while I'm running my checklists on the jet in preparation for a sortie, I'm good.

When did they install a window for you human GPS back-up systems?

SoonerStormchaser
6/16/2010, 09:08 PM
When did they install a window for you human GPS back-up systems?

Cause I'll have some relevance in a few years when the solar storms knock out our GPS satellites. Besides, I love my window seat!