PDA

View Full Version : CU, NU "weakest Big 12 basketball programs"

badger
6/15/2010, 01:07 PM
Let's get this conference reallignment crap over here, shall we?

The Missouri governor, who apparently doesn't know when to shut up, dissed Nebraska and Colorado basketball.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100615_92_0_JEFFER765008)

Last December, Nixon suggested Missouri should consider joining the Big Ten because it had stronger academics than some Big 12 schools. That invitation never came.

:D

soonervegas
6/15/2010, 01:09 PM
Well the good news is the Big 12(10) is about to get a new weak sister once the NCAA blows the OU program up.

It's going to be awesome playing MU, KU, KSU, UT, A&M, and OSU twice per year while being banned from postseason for 2-3 years.

Thanks Joe C. May I have another?

Eielson
6/15/2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I was going to mention this. The Big XII is going to be a much better basketball conference now. Outside of Iowa State, nobody else was as close to as bad as these two teams. Of course that's reality, and the nation likes to define how good a conference is by how many good teams they have (unless maybe you're the ACC). Just look at the Big East. Sure, they had the most good teams, but half their conference sucked.

It looks like we'll be getting 2 games against Kansas every year. Not sure that's good news, though. This conference will be brutal. There won't be any safe games for anybody except the two against Iowa State. If Capel doesn't turn things around fast, we're headed for disaster.

Sooner04
6/15/2010, 01:51 PM
We're just talking men's BBall here. I say that because the NU women roared through the conference regular season slate this year and went to to the NCAA Tournament as a 1-seed.

badger
6/15/2010, 01:53 PM
We're just talking men's BBall here. I say that because the NU women roared through the conference regular season slate this year and went to to the NCAA Tournament as a 1-seed.

That team reminded me of the early Paris twin years, where they could dominate the regular season but as postseason n00bs, fell apart. Nebbish might have been dominant early-on, but faltered in both the Big 12 tourney and the NCAA tourney, despite 1-seeds in both.

I think NU football is setup for a similar fall sans-Suh. One year of being "back" does not make you "back."

But yes, I totally agree with you. CU womens basketball has also had some very good seasons (we met them in the Elite Eight in 2002) in the past decade, even with the recent dropoff.

NormanPride
6/15/2010, 03:02 PM
Nothing about Nebraska's football team is what I would call "back" yet. Teams that are "back" do not lose to ISU at home.

Eielson
6/15/2010, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I think the only thing non-historical that we lost with those teams had to do with baseball and track.

badger
6/15/2010, 03:14 PM
hahaha, you mean lack of baseball? :D

hey look! all of the remaining big 12 teams have baseball teams! all ten can participate in the big 12 tournament now! pokes rejoice! no more exclusions! ;)

Eielson
6/15/2010, 03:23 PM
hahaha, you mean lack of baseball? :D

Nebraska has had some pretty good years recently, haven't they?

Ah well, Nebraska has a good track program...or so I'm told. I don't pay much attention to that.

badger
6/15/2010, 05:09 PM
i was referring to colorado and their absence of baseball, not nebbish.

Sooner95
6/15/2010, 05:50 PM
ISU does not play baseball either, so Big12-10 baseball will be 9 teams...24 conf games, so that gives us a chance to pick up another non-conf matchup..

badger
6/28/2010, 04:14 PM
there was more bball realignment buzz among coaches today.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100628_234_0_Bigmen193573)

An 18-game conference season... makes you wonder if a Big 12 tourney would still be necessary.

(necessary for fans, yes, but no longer necessary to determine a champion)