PDA

View Full Version : First USC transfer

BoulderSooner79
6/15/2010, 12:53 PM
This is the exact type of kid I expected to see transfer. A RS junior who hasn't won much playing time, although he did earn 1 start. This will hurt 'SC depth and I can't tell how broken up I am about that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5287292

Salt City Sooner
6/15/2010, 01:50 PM
"If someone wants to leave the best place in the country to play football, we won't stop them," the first-year coach said.

Gee, that's real swell of ya Lane, especially considering the fact that YOU HAVE NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER, PERIOD. :rolleyes:

BoulderSooner79
6/15/2010, 03:33 PM
Lane is just trying to dispel the rumor that USC is arrogant.

Eielson
6/15/2010, 04:02 PM
The NCAA is jealous they aren't Trojans.

StoopTroup
6/15/2010, 04:10 PM
Sounds like Campbell is saying to Kiffen....

"I got your zero tolerance policy right here."

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/82340925_2eeebc6e00.jpg

Jacie
6/16/2010, 11:20 AM
(Jordan) Campbell, who has a large USC tattoo on his arm, said he will remain a Trojan fan, no matter his next destination.

The tat pretty much guarantees that!

The loss of Campbell leaves the Trojans significantly short-handed at linebacker, a spot where they had already been suffering from a lack of depth.

The first defection and it may actually hurt them.

goingoneight
6/16/2010, 04:51 PM
I wonder if Lane Kiffin is going to leave for a different jorb next winter? :D

HBick
6/17/2010, 09:09 PM
I wonder if Lane Kiffin is going to leave for a different jorb next winter? :D

the guy can recruit. obviously orgeron helps, but look at that class he finished with after carroll's departure. it's pretty amazing he kept some of those kids

Curly Bill
6/17/2010, 09:18 PM
the guy can recruit. obviously orgeron helps, but look at that class he finished with after carroll's departure. it's pretty amazing he kept some of those kids

They've got the highest payroll in sports outside of the Yankess, of course they can recruit.

HBick
6/17/2010, 09:53 PM
They've got the highest payroll in sports outside of the Yankess, of course they can recruit.

i would also suspect that if you are a defensive player and you have the opportunity to learn and play under the man who pioneered the Tampa 2, you might seriously consider USC

Curly Bill
6/18/2010, 01:29 AM
i would also suspect that if you are a defensive player and you have the opportunity to learn and play under the man who pioneered the Tampa 2, you might seriously consider USC

You really think high school kids think like that? Hell, they don't even know what the Tampa 2 is.

BoulderSooner79
6/18/2010, 10:48 AM
You really think high school kids think like that? Hell, they don't even know what the Tampa 2 is.

xactly. They do know what a USC cheerleader is though.

goingoneight
6/18/2010, 12:07 PM

It's not so amazing as you think. It's not hard to recruit to USC. Even all payroll/Reggiegate jokes aside. It would be like if Mack Brown retired and Muschamp hauled in an impressive class. Some programs sell themselves, some campuses sell themselves, some coaches sell themselves. Obviously you can win or lose anywhere, but it's not like Kiffin has the hold a recruit at gunpoint to get a LOI out of him.

Tigeman
6/18/2010, 02:01 PM

I think quite a few of the guys think to themselves, "Who gives me the best chance to improve my draft stock". Your kidding yourself if you think OU and TX don't tell these kids..... this is what we can do for you to improve your chances.

Despite the numbers, there's a reason you don't see every #1 rated QB flocking to Tech (when was Leach was there). Because the system was bashed