PDA

View Full Version : New TV deal?

MeMyself&Me
6/15/2010, 11:32 AM
Has anyone heard what the details of this new TV deal is? I've read a couple of places talking about games being on Fox, not FSN but Fox. Does this mean that Fox is now the primary partner and not ABC?

I've wondered in the past why the Big 12 didn't pursue Fox to get a deal similar to what the SEC has with CBS so that games will be national instead of coverage being regionally split by ABC.

MeMyself&Me
6/15/2010, 11:34 AM
Never mind. Just heard on the radio that Beebe said in a press release that no new TV deal is in place. Only confidence that the next one will offer the kinds of numbers we've been hearing.

WTF?!?!

ndpruitt03
6/15/2010, 11:35 AM
There is no deal in place and not even a promise in place. I knew the money was too good to be true.

royalfan5
6/15/2010, 11:39 AM
The TV deal will probably be an Amway like scheme. You'll all have to sell Big 12-2 toothpaste to your friends for Fox.

TMcGee86
6/15/2010, 11:41 AM
Chip Brown said this morning that the network is ESPN not fox and that it should come out today.

He basically said the catalyst behind all of this was ESPN not wanting to foot the bill for what the Superconferences would demand.

So they stepped in and convinced the Big12 to stay at ten and they would pay a premium to broadcast the games.

While they will be overpaying for a conference with only two players, it's still better than the massive amount of dough they were going to be out to broadcast the superconferences.

Boomer.....
6/15/2010, 11:48 AM
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1094372

ndpruitt03
6/15/2010, 11:50 AM
http://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter

Beebe: "We don’t have a TV deal reached at this team. We got verification from consultants that we are in a tremendous position."

Mississippi Sooner
6/15/2010, 11:53 AM
All the 10 schools were encouraged by the conference and television networks to "schedule aggressively" in non-conference games to help beef up the strength of schedule in a league that lacks a lot of wow factor.

You hear that, Texas?

rawlingsHOH
6/15/2010, 11:56 AM
Chip Brown said this morning that the network is ESPN not fox and that it should come out today.

He basically said the catalyst behind all of this was ESPN not wanting to foot the bill for what the Superconferences would demand.

So they stepped in and convinced the Big12 to stay at then and they would pay a premium to broadcast the games.

While they will be overpaying for a conference with only two players, it's still better than the massive amount of dough they were going to be out to broadcast the superconferences.

Which makes Joe Schad even look dumber, if that is even possible.

NormanPride
6/15/2010, 12:01 PM
So we extorted ESPN into giving us money? Awesome! I bet we get really fair coverage now.