PDA

View Full Version : If anyone want's a bright side, maybe this will help

TMcGee86
6/15/2010, 10:24 AM
I know I'm struggling to see any good in this, but there are a few positives (albeit they don't come close to outweighing the negs)

1. CU is gone. - The team that has plagued us going back all the way to the early days is now officially off the radar. As bad as they sucked, I know I never felt good going to Boulder so I am happy we never have to do that again.

2. A&M stays. - This is a stretch I know, but the fact is it's good for us to have A&M playing UT every year. The thorn in UT's backside remains and we have seen in the past how we benefit from this.

3. Since 2000 we have never lost a regular season game to any team remaining from the North. - That's right we are 25-1 against the new north and the only loss was against KSU in the Big12CG something that is no longer a worry. We basically just added an automatic victory to our schedule with the addition of a fourth game from the north.

So there you have it. I'm sure there are other positives, but at least we got that going for us... which is nice.

swardboy
6/15/2010, 10:35 AM
Missouri stays....we can beat them like a rug for their unwarranted arrogance.

rawlingsHOH
6/15/2010, 10:38 AM
It's all bright!

SoonerJack
6/15/2010, 10:49 AM

^^This.

Position Limit
6/15/2010, 10:53 AM
yeah!!!!! we get one good game a year. nothing but upside.

royalfan5
6/15/2010, 11:20 AM

It works for Army and Navy.

BudSooner
6/15/2010, 11:35 AM
Brb, I gotta turn my sarcasm meter back on....i'm sensing just a bit here.

Eielson
6/15/2010, 11:39 AM

Yeah...losing Colorado or Nebraska once a year really wrecked our schedule. :rolleyes:

Mississippi Sooner
6/15/2010, 11:46 AM
I'm wondering, when Colorado and Nebraska start playing their games on opposite sides of the country, does that open up the Texas recruiting area just a bit more to the Kansas schools? Could this possibly help them be more competitive in the future?

BIG_IKE
6/15/2010, 12:42 PM
I'm wondering, when Colorado and Nebraska start playing their games on opposite sides of the country, does that open up the Texas recruiting area just a bit more to the Kansas schools? Could this possibly help them be more competitive in the future?

Nope.

Colorado only has 3 Texans on their roster right now. Kansas and K-state have way more (almost 20). That was Hawkins biggest mistake in my opinion

BudSooner
6/15/2010, 12:57 PM
Nope.

Colorado only has 3 Texans on their roster right now. Kansas and K-state have way more (almost 20). That was Hawkins biggest mistake in my opinion

TROOF!

delhalew
6/15/2010, 12:58 PM

Ok...mission accomplished. That gave me the warm and fuzzies.

Mississippi Sooner
6/15/2010, 01:00 PM
Wow. Yeah, it's no wonder Colorado hasn't done much lately. I would have thought all the Big XII schools would have had at least ten kids from Texas.

stoopified
6/15/2010, 01:07 PM
Nope.

Colorado only has 3 Texans on their roster right now. Kansas and K-state have way more (almost 20). That was Hawkins biggest mistake in my opinionCU may have lost some acess to Texas recruits BUT they have widened their scess to Westcoast recruits,I call that a push in worst case.

The only bright I can see is IF we can get a profitable OU Network launched.We have to include the Houston and Dallas markets to make BIG money.It should be noted that the 2 biggest OU club chapters are in Dallas and Houston.

HoustonsOwn
6/15/2010, 01:50 PM
Yeah...losing Colorado or Nebraska once a year really wrecked our schedule. :rolleyes:

^this sarcasm > previous sarcasm