PDA

View Full Version : Divisions no more...

Lott's Bandana
6/15/2010, 10:22 AM
...right?

ESPiN keeps showing the division lineups with the obvious missing two defectors not there. (I get why they are doing it, just got me thinking about it)

Since we have 10 teams and no CCG, round-robin in CFB and BB, there is no real vacuum to fill, if I unnerstand correctly.

No more North/South...just conference?

Mississippi Sooner
6/15/2010, 10:25 AM
Is the BCS ranking still going to be the tie breaker? You'd think * would be sure and get that changed with all this wheeling and dealing they are doing.

TMcGee86
6/15/2010, 10:31 AM
This is correct according to Chip Brown this morning on Houston radio.

The TV deal is specifically for 10 teams each playing a 9 game conf schedule.

Therefore no divisions, no CCG, and no addition of teams.

He said don't even look for them to petition for a CCG with 10 because Mack and Bob have always hated it and if the Big10 and Pac10 couldn't get one with 10, the little 12 sure as hell aint getting one.

swardboy
6/15/2010, 10:31 AM
Is the BCS ranking still going to be the tie breaker?

Nothing else is more logical. Oh, wait...we're talking horns.

swardboy
6/15/2010, 10:32 AM
Hasn't everyone been of the opinion that the Big 10 has been hurting in Bowl wins because of the looonnnngggg hiatus between the regular season and January?

TMcGee86
6/15/2010, 10:34 AM
Hasn't everyone been of the opinion that the Big 10 has been hurting in Bowl wins because of the looonnnngggg hiatus between the regular season and January?

I thought about that yesterday. However we haven't exactly been rolling in bowl wins so maybe the layoff will do us some good.

kevpks
6/15/2010, 10:40 AM
We should do what USC always did and schedule the last game for CCG weekend to prevent a long layoff and add an exclamation point to our title contending seasons.

rawlingsHOH
6/15/2010, 10:40 AM
Is the BCS ranking still going to be the tie breaker? You'd think * would be sure and get that changed with all this wheeling and dealing they are doing.

they tried last year, and the conference voted that it was still the best way.

texas knows it as well, just didn't work in their favor that given season.

TMcGee86
6/15/2010, 10:41 AM
We should do what USC always did and schedule the last game for CCG weekend to prevent a long layoff and add an exclamation point to our title contending seasons.

Don't look now but that's exactly what they are trying to do with the RRS.

rawlingsHOH
6/15/2010, 10:42 AM

but the big 10 ends their regular season a week earlier than everyone else. 2 weeks before the CCGs.

rawlingsHOH
6/15/2010, 10:43 AM
Don't look now but that's exactly what they are trying to do with the RRS.

it was asked for and already shot down in agreement.

fwsooner22
6/15/2010, 10:45 AM
Won't happen......no way.......

TMcGee86
6/15/2010, 12:19 PM
it was asked for and already shot down in agreement.

Thank God.

delhalew
6/15/2010, 12:28 PM
Something must be done. You don't want to be off on CCG weekend. The PAC 10 found a way around that the past few years.

SoonerMom2
6/15/2010, 12:31 PM

OU and TX end the season on Thanksgiving with OSU and A&M while Ohio State finished up earlier every year with Michigan in the past -- that was their problem. For the next few years OSU/Michigan are the last weekend of November so they moved it back a week.

We are only going to end the season a week earlier than the championship game. Maybe all the schools in the Big 12 could move a game to Thanksgiving weekend or the first weekend in December and there would be no difference for anyone.

Noted Stoops and Brown didn't want a Conference Championship game, and we no longer have one and are staying at 10.

sooner94
6/15/2010, 12:50 PM

Exactly. Put the 9th conference game on that weekend. That way we don't give up a non-conference game.

I think good non-conference games will be key to the TV deal, especially since the conference championship game is going away.

King Barry's Back
6/15/2010, 01:01 PM
Exactly. Put the 9th conference game on that weekend. That way we don't give up a non-conference game.

I think good non-conference games will be key to the TV deal, especially since the conference championship game is going away.

Assuming that OU/tx remains at the Fair, and tx/aTm remains on Thanksgiving -- that pretty much means if we want an end of season exclamation, our best option is going to be against OkSt.

That's what "conference realignment" has brought us to.

soonerboomer93
6/15/2010, 01:05 PM
but the big 10 ends their regular season a week earlier than everyone else. 2 weeks before the CCGs.

Correct, up until this season, the big 10 has been ending regular season play the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Lott's Bandana
6/15/2010, 01:50 PM
Let's bring back the Thanksgiving Nebbish tradition?

Dio
6/15/2010, 01:52 PM

This.

GottaHavePride
6/15/2010, 01:54 PM

Hasn't seemed to hurt USC much...

Boomer Mooner
6/15/2010, 01:56 PM

That would be very cool in my opinion. Don't know if Nebbish would go for it since the Big 10 will probably want to have a CG now though.

sooner94
6/15/2010, 03:24 PM
Assuming that OU/tx remains at the Fair, and tx/aTm remains on Thanksgiving -- that pretty much means if we want an end of season exclamation, our best option is going to be against OkSt.

That's what "conference realignment" has brought us to.

Not necessarily. I like OSU on Thanksgiving weekend. We could do one of the former North teams that weekend- like Iowa State. I like the idea of having a game, but not a real tough one that last weekend. I don't want a game at OSU that last weekend.