PDA

View Full Version : So Add Cincy

olevetonahill
6/15/2010, 09:03 AM
Poach Arky and the North is back :D

stoopified
6/15/2010, 09:08 AM
Arky? I think AFA is more gettable,but I would prefer TCU. Cincy would be a nice get IMHO.

Boomer.....
6/15/2010, 09:20 AM
Sounds like we are sticking with 10 for the time being.

TexasLidig8r
6/15/2010, 09:41 AM
The more schools that are added.. the less money you receive.

Apparently, there is an agreement with the New Big 12 and an undisclosed network (cough.. Fox).. that no additional schools will be added.

The Cincys, Air Forces etc ADD NOTHING. THEY only dilute the financial pie.

olevetonahill
6/15/2010, 09:42 AM
Im mainly talking about a CCG here , I know the rest is all about the Money ;)

Jacie
6/15/2010, 09:45 AM
I have a faint memory of most people, including OUr coach, complaining about having to play in a conference championship game.

I say, we only let in more teams if they are willing to pay the rest of the conference for the privilege . . .

olevetonahill
6/15/2010, 09:49 AM
Im good with that.

Hell the peeps crying about a CCG saying that we will be perceived as a weak Con.
Have they forgotten that Usucs , Dint have a CCG either fer the last bunch of years and the perception of them was they were the best team of the Decade?

**** em We are SOONERS.

King Barry's Back
6/15/2010, 09:58 AM
Im good with that.

Hell the peeps crying about a CCG saying that we will be perceived as a weak Con.
Have they forgotten that Usucs , Dint have a CCG either fer the last bunch of years and the perception of them was they were the best team of the Decade?

**** em We are SOONERS.

I don't know -- Iowa St and Kan St don't add much to the strength of schedule. Tx Tech and KU both fired their coaches, so who knows when they will be good again?

OSU has a season here and there, but are mostly a national laughingstock.

If A&M ever rebounds, that could give the Slim XII three solid teams -- but who knows when, if ever, A&M will be anything other than an embarrassment.

This conference will be a drag on the football Sooners, imho.

It may just be a drag, period, but that remains to be seen.

stoopified
6/15/2010, 12:47 PM
The more schools that are added.. the less money you receive.

Apparently, there is an agreement with the New Big 12 and an undisclosed network (cough.. Fox).. that no additional schools will be added.

The Cincys, Air Forces etc ADD NOTHING. THEY only dilute the financial pie.SFA would bring the Denver market,Cincy brings in a foothold in the Big 10 area market so yeah,they would bring something to the table.

rawlingsHOH
6/15/2010, 12:51 PM
I don't know -- Iowa St and Kan St don't add much to the strength of schedule. Tx Tech and KU both fired their coaches, so who knows when they will be good again?

OSU has a season here and there, but are mostly a national laughingstock.

If A&M ever rebounds, that could give the Slim XII three solid teams -- but who knows when, if ever, A&M will be anything other than an embarrassment.

This conference will be a drag on the football Sooners, imho.

It may just be a drag, period, but that remains to be seen.

virtually unchanged, considering colorado nor nebraska have added anything to the the big 12 in nearly a decade.

BudSooner
6/15/2010, 12:56 PM
SFA would bring the Denver market,Cincy brings in a foothold in the Big 10 area market so yeah,they would bring something to the table.
I wish we could trade Cincy for Iowa State, at least we could get some value for going to that part of the country. :D

Boomer Mooner
6/15/2010, 01:04 PM
We should be good with a reasonably tough OOC schedule. If we do our part we'll get our shots at the NC. When we do get there it will be more important than ever before to win the big one.

Bowl games are more important to our credability than they have ever been!

Jacie
6/15/2010, 02:14 PM
I hated CCG rematch games . . .

SoonerMom2
6/15/2010, 02:19 PM
Jason White got hurt in a Conference Championship game with K-State which hurt our chance in the National Championship game.

ndpruitt03
6/15/2010, 02:19 PM
May have to add a team to take the spot Tech vacates.

ndpruitt03
6/15/2010, 02:20 PM
Jason White got hurt in a Conference Championship game with K-State which hurt our chance in the National Championship game.

He was hurt before that wasn't he?

SunnySooner
6/15/2010, 04:45 PM

So did DeMarco in '08. If not for that, we have #8? IDK, but it woulda been nice to have another 1000+ yd. rusher for that game.

And either all conf. should have a CCG, or none, it's the double standard I don't like. Not fair. But who said life, or CFB, was fair? Just win and it all sorts out, I s'pose.

StoopTroup
6/15/2010, 04:48 PM
So many folks taking a bite out of the poison apple.

Man up dip****s.

rawlingsHOH
6/15/2010, 04:50 PM
May have to add a team to take the spot Tech vacates.
you are doing it to yourself again

StoopTroup
6/15/2010, 04:53 PM
you are doing it to yourself again

I think Beebe should hire him.

SoonerMom2
6/15/2010, 04:57 PM
He was hurt before that wasn't he? He may have been hurt a little but K-State clobbered him. I don't remember him being hurt in the last game of the year but he took a vicious hit by K-State.

goingoneight
6/15/2010, 05:02 PM
I have a faint memory of most people, including OUr coach, complaining about having to play in a conference championship game.

I say we only let in more teams if they are willing to pay the rest of the conference for the privilege...

I say we make OSU, A&M and all the other leaches pay for the "privelege" to play us every year.

goingoneight
6/15/2010, 05:04 PM
virtually unchanged, considering colorado nor nebraska have added anything to the the big 12 in nearly a decade.

Perception will change rather quickly if'n Po Belini wins an MNC in the next few years.

CrimsonCommando
6/15/2010, 05:10 PM
I suggest we get rid of Syracuse. Admist all this turmoil and commotion, no one will notice if we very quietly eliminate one entire univeristy of pickledicks. No one will even miss them. Who's with me?