PDA

View Full Version : OU was #1 in TV $$ for 2008-09

Octavian
6/15/2010, 12:41 AM
I hadn't seen this posted yet -- but I'm sure this was a major part of the negotiating process.

Big 12 2008-09 Revenue Sharing

1. Oklahoma, $12.2 million
2. Texas, $11.8 million
3. Kansas, $11.5 million
4. Missouri, $10.4 million
5. Texas A&M, $10.2 million
6. Oklahoma State, $10.0 million
7. Colorado, $9.77 million
8. Nebraska, $9.73 million
9. Texas Tech, $9.2 million
10. Baylor, $9.1 million
11. Iowa State, $8.9 million
12. Kansas State, $8.4 million

link (http://www.omaha.com/article/20100613/BIGRED/706139829/0)

....starting to come around to the idea that Texas and OU worked in collusion during this deal to bring in dump trucks full of cash to both Norman and Austin -- either way it turned out.

Texas -- bad cop, intimidation tactics out in the open

OU -- good cop, diplomatic mediators behind the scenes

In the end, when the ink is dry on the new TV deal, don't be surprised if OU and Texas are the only two with $20+M guarantees and A&M is closer to Tech and OSU than OU and UT.

This looks more like a joint ploy to solidify OU/TX dominance for the foreseeable future. Joe C. and President Boren might be more capable at this game than a bunch of us internet posters after all.

OU is going to make out like a bandit in this new deal.

bri
6/15/2010, 12:50 AM
Shhhhh, don't tell people that. We got hoodwinked, remember? Bamboozled? Texas is shaking all of us down for our lunch money and stuff. ;)

IronHorseSooner
6/15/2010, 12:53 AM
Remember, Boren is no dummy when it comes to brinksmanship. After all, he was the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Like I just said, we have been tangibly more successful than * in the big-time sports since the inception of this conference. These numbers shouldn't be a shock, but again, I am a numbers guy.

But, like I said in a few other posts, if they are smart, they will work to get BYU and USAFA into the fold. BYU and USAFA really don't need the money, and that's for two different reasons; however, they would LOVE to get into a BCS conference.

Octavian
6/15/2010, 01:05 AM
no new teams will be added -- 10 teams is the perfect number to split the pie on this new deal

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/15/2010, 01:11 AM
no new teams will be added -- 10 teams is the perfect number to split the pie on this new dealWhat if we could get UCO and Henderson State?

prrriiide
6/15/2010, 01:14 AM
Remember, Boren is no dummy when it comes to brinksmanship. After all, he was the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

And that was back in the days of Andropov; Putin's mentor at the KGB. I wouldn't want to play poker with Boren.

IronHorseSooner
6/15/2010, 09:25 AM
And that was back in the days of Andropov; Putin's mentor at the KGB. I wouldn't want to play poker with Boren.

Boren was one of the most respected Senators in the country by both sides of the aisle. In fact, when we had Dave McCurdy in the House, the state of OK controlled both of the chairmanships for that. That all being said, this is one of the reasons that a) he has a lot of respect amongst other university presidents, and b) I like having him on my side.

GrapevineSooner
6/15/2010, 09:26 AM
WE GOT HOODWINKED!!!!!! DOWN WITH JOE C. AND DAVID...

Wait, what?

SoonerMom2
6/15/2010, 09:39 AM
Boren was one of the most respected Senators in the country by both sides of the aisle. In fact, when we had Dave McCurdy in the House, the state of OK controlled both of the chairmanships for that. That all being said, this is one of the reasons that a) he has a lot of respect amongst other university presidents, and b) I like having him on my side.

That is for sure -- wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of Pres Boren in negotiations plus Joe C is the perfect guy to handle everything for Pres Boren and OU. They know when to keep their mouths shut in public and allow others to take the fall. The key was probably the way Joe C said it was up to Texas knowing full well we also were being courted by the SEC which he said in one interview when reporters were asking why no one wanted OU. Two smart guys for OU, and we walked away with millions in new revenue along with while OSU sucked up to Texas and ended up with the rest of the group.

Mississippi Sooner
6/15/2010, 10:20 AM
Heh heh. K-State made less money than the Clowns.

oudavid1
6/15/2010, 10:54 AM
Is anyone else here aware of the fact the Texas reporting put up in there weight room 2008 under big 12 championships. just sayin

Position Limit
6/15/2010, 11:00 AM
based on those numbers, what's the a tv deal for texas worth if ou bolted for another confrence? way to play your hand ou. bravo!!!

GottaHavePride
6/15/2010, 01:51 PM
Is anyone else here aware of the fact the Texas reporting put up in there weight room 2008 under big 12 championships. just sayin

We've made fun of that endlessly. That's why half the people here are STILL referring to Texas as *. (Which - incidentally - makes it really difficult to read threads when the profanity filters kick in.)

oudavid1
6/15/2010, 03:07 PM
We've made fun of that endlessly. That's why half the people here are STILL referring to Texas as *. (Which - incidentally - makes it really difficult to read threads when the profanity filters kick in.)

Hahaha to just remind myself of how pathetic they are

sooner94
6/15/2010, 03:35 PM

I didn't think about that but you are spot on. Boren is a smart guy that commands a lot of respect in any situation. Look at what he has done for OU since he became president.

C&CDean
6/15/2010, 03:46 PM
FIRE BORENLIONE!111!!!!!

yankee
6/15/2010, 04:28 PM
what about '09-'10?

Widescreen
6/15/2010, 05:26 PM

* off, GHP.

silverwheels
6/15/2010, 05:32 PM
what about '09-'10?

Probably won't be released for a while. Months.

webfoot
6/15/2010, 07:53 PM
B4 this turns into a lovefest for Boren - he also sold the stadium name to Gaylord. Still don't know why that was necessary, it is a MEMORIAL stadium for goodness sake; so at best he is 1-1-0

cheezyq
6/15/2010, 07:57 PM

Like I just said, we have been tangibly more successful than * in the big-time sports since the inception of this conference. These numbers shouldn't be a shock, but again, I am a numbers guy.

But, like I said in a few other posts, if they are smart, they will work to get BYU and USAFA into the fold. BYU and USAFA really don't need the money, and that's for two different reasons; however, they would LOVE to get into a BCS conference.

Stoops wouldn't go for it, but I'd like to see them get the Arizonas from the Pac-10. OU and OSU would move to the north and we get to stomp * in the conference championship every year.

Either that or get Memphis and Louisville (or even better, snatch Notre Dame from the Big 10 and have a good laugh about it) and expand our markets a little.

silverwheels
6/15/2010, 10:07 PM
Stoops wouldn't go for it, but I'd like to see them get the Arizonas from the Pac-10. OU and OSU would move to the north and we get to stomp * in the conference championship every year.

Either that or get Memphis and Louisville (or even better, snatch Notre Dame from the Big 10 and have a good laugh about it) and expand our markets a little.

The only teams mentioned in this post who would possibly move to the Big 12 are Memphis and Louisville, and I don't think either school would contribute that much. The conference is fine the way it is as long as the rumored payouts are true.

Plus putting OU and Texas in opposite divisions is a bad idea.

Cheerin' 4 OU
6/17/2010, 06:15 AM
Plus putting OU and Texas in opposite divisions is a bad idea.

Wouldn't that mean we'd have to play * twice a year (the RRS and then the CCG)?

I can't stand being around Horns now. What would I wanna have to be around them twice per season?

silverwheels
6/17/2010, 04:43 PM
Wouldn't that mean we'd have to play * twice a year (the RRS and then the CCG)?

I can't stand being around Horns now. What would I wanna have to be around them twice per season?

In most seasons, yes, we'd have to play Texas twice, unless the other schools reach that level, which is hard.

And I agree on the second paragraph. I'm totally fine with playing them once a season.

stoopified
6/17/2010, 05:12 PM

Either that or get Memphis and Louisville (or even better, snatch Notre Dame from the Big 10 and have a good laugh about it) and expand our markets a little.What about Cincy and Louisville?Cincy is stronger in football but also all time Top 25 in basketball.