PDA

View Full Version : OU is taking a BEATING across the nation...

soonerboy_odanorth
6/14/2010, 11:44 PM
If you haven't tuned in tonight... we have been tagged as t*xas's "little-red-headed-freckled-step-brother" coast-to-coast. (That IS an actual quote from a national radio program host, btw.)

It isn't for the faint of heart.

Without sayin "b*tch", they are calling us T*xas's "b*tch."

It is Charles Thompson in an orange jumpsuit magnitude.

Enough is enough.

If our leadership is so weak, I say we stay away in droves.

I will not be giving away my seats at face this year. I have the funds to buy the seats and do nothing with them. That's $50-$80 per game in programs, food and drink that will not go to feed T*xas's coffers this year.

Done.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/14/2010, 11:48 PM
If you haven't tuned in tonight... we have been tagged as t*xas's "little-red-headed-freckled-step-brother" coast-to-coast.

Enough is enough.

I will not be giving away my seats at face this year. I have the funds to buy the seats and do nothing with them. That's $50-$80 per game in programs, food and drink that will not go to feed T*xas's coffers this year.

Done.

P.S. Not to mention, none of my bucks to Norman-OKC business. And none of my piddly donation $$$ (it's small, but in this economy every penny counts) to OU or the Pride this year. Sorry, but my $$$ is all I have to speak with.

bri
6/14/2010, 11:49 PM
Congratulations. You're the Ahmed Kabba of protesting fans.

Collier11
6/14/2010, 11:52 PM
Congrats, you are being a whiny baby for no good reason. No one gives a sh*t, go have your momma give you a hug

soonerboy_odanorth
6/14/2010, 11:55 PM
... and you're "professional posters." What of it?

I have my opinion.. you have your worthless opinions.

tommieharris91
6/14/2010, 11:56 PM
I'M BURNING EVERYTHING RED IN MY HOUSE AND MY DEGREE!!!1!! TOMORROW I WILL BE A NOTRE DAME FAN!!! GO IRISH!!1!!!

soonerboy_odanorth
6/14/2010, 11:58 PM
Good luck guys. I love OU, but this whole thing is rotten. Sucking Texas teet is not the way to go, and if you can't see it, I can't help you.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/14/2010, 11:59 PM
I'M BURNING EVERYTHING RED IN MY HOUSE AND MY DEGREE!!!1!! TOMORROW I WILL BE A NOTRE DAME FAN!!! GO IRISH!!1!!!

See.. now that is just taking it to an extreme...

Ted Kazynski? That you?

OKLA21FAN
6/14/2010, 11:59 PM
Good luck guys. I love OU, but this whole thing is rotten. Sucking Texas teet is not the way to go, and if you can't see it, I can't help you.this is sooooo Arky Piggy.

just sayin

and how has that worked out for the hogs? the are the SEC bitch

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:01 AM
this is sooooo Arky Piggy.

just sayin

Who?

Those protesting it?

Or those doing it?

ratherthanlater
6/15/2010, 12:04 AM
How about we go and beat the ever loving **** out of * every year and win the Big 12-2 every year? How about we stop worrying about the bull crap politicing and money grubbing and continue to be the best football team to ever grace God's green earth? Do these things and we don't have to worry about the national perception of our program.

Breadburner
6/15/2010, 12:05 AM
I thought I was on O.P for a second......

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/15/2010, 12:09 AM
How about we go and beat the ever loving **** out of * every year and win the Big 12-2 every year? How about we stop worrying about the bull crap politicing and money grubbing and continue to be the best football team to ever grace God's green earth? Do these things and we don't have to worry about the national perception of our program.Duh! Nobody likes it, but the best revenge is to do well, and thump the cows and their refs on the field.

PrideTrombone
6/15/2010, 12:10 AM
Duh! Nobody likes it, but the best revenge is to do well, and thump the cows and their refs on the field.

But now they have more money to pay the refs!!! :texan:

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:12 AM
How about we go and beat the ever loving **** out of * every year and win the Big 12-2 every year? How about we stop worrying about the bull crap politicing and money grubbing and continue to be the best football team to ever grace God's green earth? Do these things and we don't have to worry about the national perception of our program.

That is a very valid point... but how long do you think it will last?

Everyone with a bit of observation knows the OU-Texas series goes in cycles. Is it our turn?... or does Texas have a couple more wins in the pipeline?

It seems like a mere inconvenience of a question (more inconvenient than Gore's, I hope :D), but if... JUST if... Texas has that confidence rolling for another win or two...

That could mean serious recruiting trouble in a conference where they control the media.

I don't understand why that is such an unreasonable leap. I know... silly to worry... silly not to have faith that our boys (and pro's guiding them) will do their best.

But there is momentum that may not be measurable until it is too late.

That is what I am really getting at. Giving control to UT at this juncture lacks foresight and I believe is VERY reckless for OU.

(Glad I got your attention, btw... despite my "whiny-ness").

bri
6/15/2010, 12:13 AM
What makes me giggle is the supposition that Texas somehow wasn't pulling all the strings in this conference from day one. Finally catching on to something doesn't make it a new development, just new to you. :D

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:14 AM
(Glad I got your attention, btw... despite my "whiny-ness").

Or whiny ***.. as some would say.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:15 AM
What makes me giggle is the supposition that Texas somehow wasn't pulling all the strings in this conference from day one. Finally catching on to something doesn't make it a new development, just new to you. :D

Fair... point taken.

Collier11
6/15/2010, 12:21 AM
you should be embarrassed honestly

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:25 AM
you should be embarrassed honestly

I'm not. I'm rather having fun stirring the pot.

How's the broth? Too warm? Dial it back and let it simmer instead of a full boil?

Lemme know...

Leroy Lizard
6/15/2010, 12:29 AM

That's my turf.

sooner59
6/15/2010, 12:30 AM
I hope, for his sake, that he has had a few cold ones already.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:33 AM
Ooo!

What About Bob?

Will he be bored in this new arrangement? (Instead of getting that new frontier of Cal-i-for-ni-a...)

Discuss.

(I say "yes" and he is done inside 3 years. What then?)

Collier11
6/15/2010, 12:36 AM

How's the broth? Too warm? Dial it back and let it simmer instead of a full boil?

Lemme know...

Nice attempt at saving face, you made a mega doosher scene and now you are trying to cover. Impressive let me tell ya

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:38 AM
That's my turf.

Late to the party.

Don't mistake infrequency for anything other than boredom. Many 'round can cite chapter and verse the conversations* that have gone on here since at least '98.

This just happens to be a new onion field.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:40 AM
*EVERY bleepin' off-season

IronHorseSooner
6/15/2010, 12:45 AM
The only way to upstage * is to outdo them in every way. Hey, look, we have already started it by going to Omaha when they were favored to win the darn thing.

The fact is that we will never be financially like *; however, what we can be is better, and, the funny thing is, that we have been more successful than them in the big-time revenue-producing sports- men's & women's bball and football- by almost every tangible measurable out there. Like an A&M buddy at work says- "*, the school that gets more credit and attention for doing nothing."

If we don't win a conference or national championship in these sports, we must pray that OUr other cohorts in the conference ensure that * doesn't.

BTW, why are we taking a beating on this? We were the first to broach a deal with the SEC, even before A&M.

If all of this isn't enough reason for Stoops, Coale, Capel, Golloway, and company to annual monkey-stomp these guys, then nothing will ever be.

BTW, I think I am in the minority that believes that we need to get back to 12 teams and have a CCG. OUr conference seemed to gain credibility for schedule strength based on that game. Now, if the PAC-11 gets Utah, which I think is no more than a matter of time, then only we and the Big East will not have a CCG. We could be behind the PAC-12, Big Whatever, SEC, and the ACC.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:45 AM
Nice attempt at saving face, you made a mega doosher scene and now you are trying to cover. Impressive let me tell ya

Why Thank YOU! So kind!

Not trying to save face. I don't care about saving face with people I don't know. And I don't need to save face with those I do know.

Those I know... know me and where my loyalty and heart are. That's good enough for me.

What else? Go ahead... get it off your chest...

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:49 AM
The only way to upstage * is to outdo them in every way. Hey, look, we have already started it by going to Omaha when they were favored to win the darn thing.

The fact is that we will never be financially like *; however, what we can be is better, and, the funny thing is, that we have been more successful than them in the big-time revenue-producing sports- men's & women's bball and football- by almost every tangible measurable out there. Like an A&M buddy at work says- "*, the school that gets more credit and attention for doing nothing."

If we don't win a conference or national championship in these sports, we must pray that OUr other cohorts in the conference ensure that * doesn't.

BTW, why are we taking a beating on this? We were the first to broach a deal with the SEC, even before A&M.

If all of this isn't enough reason for Stoops, Coale, Capel, Golloway, and company to annual monkey-stomp these guys, then nothing will ever be.

BTW, I think I am in the minority that believes that we need to get back to 12 teams and have a CCG. OUr conference seemed to gain credibility for schedule strength based on that game. Now, if the PAC-11 gets Utah, which I think is no more than a matter of time, then only we and the Big East will not have a CCG. We could be behind the PAC-12, Big Whatever, SEC, and the ACC.

^^^^
'tis like rational... and everything.

Octavian
6/15/2010, 12:50 AM
And we're laughing all the way to the bank.

Texas and OU are going to absolutely dominate this new TV deal.

I was upset with this move this afternoon....I'm not anymore. We're about to get paid -- big time.

bri
6/15/2010, 12:51 AM
Right now I'm more focused on making sure that Nebraska doesn't so much as sniff a Big 12 title during their farewell lap. F*ck those guys. And I'd say we need to make sure Mizzou never wins a title either, but come one. They're Mizzou. That's like worrying about putting Iowa State on lockdown.

Octavian
6/15/2010, 12:55 AM
We should all get together for a conference meeting and vote to make Missouri play nothing but roads games for a decade.

If they don't like it, they can beg for a MWC membership card.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:55 AM
And we're laughing all the way to the bank....We're about to get paid -- big time.

Hoo-ah!

Now.

'bout that extra CCG $$$...

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:57 AM
See ya in Columbia? That'll be fun!

Ooo! Anyone want my CU tickets*?!?!?

Whoa! Not for sale... as previously stated.

Octavian
6/15/2010, 12:58 AM
the money from a CCG is peanuts compared to what we're about to get if the initial reports are anywhere close to true

From TV, we made ~$11M in '07 and ~$12M in '09....come 2011, we'll be making upwards of $20M from TV.

the CCG cash is meaningless compared to what we just did

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 12:59 AM
*subliminal man says he'll be there

IronHorseSooner
6/15/2010, 01:00 AM
Hoo-ah!

Now.

'bout that extra CCG $$$...

Just add BYU and USAFA, and you would have it...and you would also have the Denver market back, as well as the SLC market with that add. What would be hilarious would be a road game where the BYU folks had to go to A$$tin, and their fans get a trip to 6th Street. :eek:

Octavian
6/15/2010, 01:02 AM
No new teams will be added.

For the new TV deal, that was a non-negotiable stipulation made by the top two revenue producers in the conference.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 01:02 AM
BYU folks had to go to A$$tin, and their fans get a trip to 6th Street. :eek:

*heh* *snort*

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 01:18 AM
Does this mean we aren't invited to the Premier League?

I thought we had all the points we needed on the season...

:confused:

Herr Scholz
6/15/2010, 01:23 AM
Dear lord. Texas and OU were both totally instrumental in this thing. We kept the conference together. Us. If you think Deloss doesn't have Joe C and Boren on speed dial, then you're uninformed.

And OU just went from $10M in tv money to $20M in a day.

Joe
6/15/2010, 01:56 AM
So is the bowl payment money still divided up amongst teams? I've always thought that should go 100% to the schools that earned it.

Herr Scholz
6/15/2010, 02:07 AM
That's split up evenly. The travelling, champion teams often make no money on that at all after expenses actually.

RoaminSooner
6/15/2010, 03:22 AM
Scholz - can you see how greed put a bullet in a good thing...seriously pathetic. When I think of Texas I hear 'The Imperial Death March' and am deeply troubled that OU just helped pay for the Death Star...and our conference sucks

Sooner in Tampa
6/15/2010, 05:59 AM
I am with Iron Horse on this...we MUST get a CCG! Spare me the crap about moving the RRR to December to make up for the loss of CCG. theoSu and meatchicken did the same thing...how did that work out for them?

Conferences that have CCG have more CLOUT plain and simple. Why do you think the Big 10 was so hell bent on getting 12 teams?

Now, on Mike and Mike this morning they made a reference about a rumor going around that the NCAA was thinking about allowing 10 conferences to play CCG. IF, and that's a BIG IF, they do that...then we are fine.

I did NOT like this deal, I still have reservations about it, but it really is the best deal for us right now. We can pound our chest and talk smack about going to the SEC...but imagine OU, UF, Bama, and LSU all being in the same conference beating the hell outta each other during the year while * played in some watered down version of the Big XII or a weak *** Pac 11...guess who REALLY wins in that situation? NOT US. Sure we would get mad props for being in the toughest conference in the world...but who gives a crap when you have 4 of the toughest teams in the same conference every year battling to get to a CCG that would rival the MNC game every year.

In this situation we are poised to compete for the MNC EVERY year...I am not saying that we wouldn't be in any other conference, but be honest...imagine trying to get through an SEC schedule with last years team :-( Hell, South Carolina is no world beater, but a night time game in Columbia is down right TOUGH!

$20M is $20M...and we don't look like a bunch crying bitch babies like the bugeaters...those pussies left the Big XII for $22M. BFD, they left this conference for $2M. Good Riddance.

THERE'S ONLY ONE!!!!!

AlbqSooner
6/15/2010, 06:22 AM
That's it. No OVJ for odanorth! Dean? Can someone be baned from tailgates?

Sooner70
6/15/2010, 06:23 AM
So what? If Texas being the conference mouthpiece can keep the Big 12 together, that's a good deal. Boren, Stoops, Joe C et al have been strangely quiet in all of this, but I figure if they've got anything to say, they'd say it. Basically, any conf. in the USA would want OU, so the Sooners really don't need to go begging about anything. Sit back & watch, and reap the benefit.

Besides, peoples' memories are short. It wasn't that many years back when Barry Switzer & OU led the revolt about NCAA TV rights and won. Now all schools benefitted from that battle. I guess back then, Texas was OU's silent partner in it all because they were't in the lead role.

If Texas can contribute to keeping the Big 12 together, so be it. It's about time the school that purports to have the largest fan base (at least in Austin) and money does something productive for the sport. Now, now.....just kidding.

prrriiide
6/15/2010, 06:34 AM
Look folks. It goes like this:

UT didn't want to leave the Big 12 for several million reasons. OU didn't want to leave the Big 12 for just as many. BUT the viability of the conference was in question so contingencies had to be explored. To not flirt with the Pac and the SEC would have been malfeasant.

But make no mistake about it. This was accomplished through the NCAA, the BCS, and the networks working behind the scenes. ESPiN, ABC, CBS, and Fox had a vested interest in seeing the Big 12 stay right where it is. It costs them more money now, but it will be a pittance compared to what a 16 team super-conference would be demanding. The NCAA saw the handwriting on the wall: 4 - 16 team super-conferences presents a clear and present danger to the very existence of the NCAA should it come to pass. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a 10-school CG limit was part of the quid for keeping the Big12 viable and together. 4 super-conferences is the greatest threat to the NCAA, and they know it. They will do whatever it takes to prevent it. Likewise the BCS: with 64 teams in 4 divisions, they are no longer necessary. There's big money at stake for all three of those stakeholders, and they acted to protect their respective interests.

There is a whole pile of stuff we aren't privy to that had to have happened to keep this conference together. The TV guarantees/deals, the NCAA concessions, the businessmen that pledged financial and political support. Beebe is getting the credit for this, but you'll never convince me that he was the driving force behind the compromises that were reached.

If people want to imply that OU got on her knees for UT, they're obtuse and most likely wouldn't know a long-term strategic business move if it kicked them in the jimmy. Just because UT announced it first doesn't necessarily mean that they decided first. Scholz is right (for once). Dodds, Joe C. and Boren likely used the majority of their roll-over minutes this past weekend.

I absolutely detest texass and their arrogance. But in this case, it worked to our advantage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5286816

BudSooner
6/15/2010, 06:53 AM
Spare me the crap about moving the RRR to December to make up for the loss of CCG.

Whoa! When and where was this mentioned? I haven't heard about this???

Sooner in Tampa
6/15/2010, 07:07 AM
Whoa! When and where was this mentioned? I haven't heard about this???
It was in one of the threads I read last night...Fox Sports TV(the Banker in this whole deal) would want the RRR moved to Dec as the last game of the year at Jerrysworld...you ala theoSu vs. Meatchicken game.

Which would happen since they control the purse strings.

BudSooner
6/15/2010, 07:23 AM
It was in one of the threads I read last night...Fox Sports TV(the Banker in this whole deal) would want the RRR moved to Dec as the last game of the year at Jerrysworld...you ala theoSu vs. Meatchicken game.

I doubt that would happen, yeah they control the money but in the end it is the teams that play on the field...not the execs.

Sooner in Tampa
6/15/2010, 07:27 AM
I doubt that would happen, yeah they control the money but in the end it is the teams that play on the field...not the execs.
I hope you are right sir...it would sacreligious to move the RRR!!!

MeMyself&Me
6/15/2010, 08:13 AM

Orangebloods is now saying that request was made but rejected and that RRR will remain at Fair Park in October... for now.

BudSooner
6/15/2010, 08:31 AM
Orangebloods is now saying that request was made but rejected and that RRR will remain at Fair Park in October... for now.
REEEEEEEEEJECTED! I love it, Beebe should be on Celebrity Apprentice.

"Dan, I respect what you are doing for all the schools involved, but your head is up Texas *** way too far.....YOUR FIRED!":D

TUSooner
6/15/2010, 08:32 AM
If you haven't tuned in tonight... we have been tagged as t*xas's "little-red-headed-freckled-step-brother" coast-to-coast. (That IS an actual quote from a national radio program host, btw.)

Enough is enough.

Done.

EDIT: Belay my ****-filled rant against that pathetic idea. soonerb*tch odanorth has been chastened.

C&CDean
6/15/2010, 08:45 AM
Heh. Hook, line, and sinker Sir Richard.

Well played my man, well played. I'll let you burn some of your tickets you're buying but not using at the tailgates.

Some of y'all need to look at a poster's history before going all stupid.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/15/2010, 08:56 AM
Good stuff....

SO hits em up late night again

GrapevineSooner
6/15/2010, 09:00 AM
Bits are fun.

rawlingsHOH
6/15/2010, 09:26 AM

Enough is enough.

Done.

Cuckoo talk.

rawlingsHOH
6/15/2010, 09:35 AM
Dear lord. Texas and OU were both totally instrumental in this thing. We kept the conference together. Us. If you think Deloss doesn't have Joe C and Boren on speed dial, then you're uninformed.

Many OU fans are too emotional to think rationally right now.

Why? I'm not quite sure.

sooneron
6/15/2010, 09:36 AM
That's my turf.

uh, no. You are a noob to the nth degree compared to Soonerboy's record. There is a difference. People enjoy his ruses. You, they just don't like. period.

Collier11
6/15/2010, 12:55 PM

Why? I'm not quite sure.

but we lost nebraska and colorado, its the end of the Big 12. People wont respect us anymore, oh noes

:D

GrapevineSooner
6/15/2010, 12:59 PM

Why? I'm not quite sure.

Like Dean said...

NatureBoy
6/15/2010, 01:01 PM

So you were told...by Beebe. What has Beebe done in the past to garner such confidence in him?

Collier11
6/15/2010, 01:07 PM
Yea cus OU and tex would have totally signed on for that deal without any way to prove that the deal actually existed...great way of thinking nature boy

Boomer Mooner
6/15/2010, 01:11 PM
So you were told...by Beebe. What has Beebe done in the past to garner such confidence in him?

What has he done in the past to make you think he would, or even could, just fabricate such a story. Your glass isn't half empty, it's broken and you're swallowing the shards.

BudSooner
6/15/2010, 01:13 PM
Not one mother****ing thing, and until the contracts are drawn up and signed I will remain skeptical.
There had better be some form of revenue sharing in that damn thing to keep everyone on board, because otherwise it will start this whole dispute all over again....COUNT ON IT!

If it is not acceptable, then I see this revisited again in the next month....I gotta believe that part of the talk about tv contracts and standing pat was to help quiet the masses until a reasonable pact can be agreed upon.

BudSooner
6/15/2010, 01:14 PM
One more thing, remember the Mountain West told Boise no, then next week accepted them, anything can happen.

Collier11
6/15/2010, 01:17 PM
You all are still working under the assumption that all of this is as simple as yes and no. There is alot of stuff going on behind the scenes that we will never know about, if you think Joe C. or Deloss Dodds would agree to such a deal without guarantees you are crazy

HoustonsOwn
6/15/2010, 01:43 PM
Congratulations. You're the Ahmed Kabba of protesting fans.

harsh...

kabba's an outstanding man!

okiedokie
6/15/2010, 02:01 PM
I am with Iron Horse on this...we MUST get a CCG! Spare me the crap about moving the RRR to December to make up for the loss of CCG. theoSu and meatchicken did the same thing...how did that work out for them?

Conferences that have CCG have more CLOUT plain and simple. Why do you think the Big 10 was so hell bent on getting 12 teams?

Now, on Mike and Mike this morning they made a reference about a rumor going around that the NCAA was thinking about allowing 10 conferences to play CCG. IF, and that's a BIG IF, they do that...then we are fine.

I did NOT like this deal, I still have reservations about it, but it really is the best deal for us right now. We can pound our chest and talk smack about going to the SEC...but imagine OU, UF, Bama, and LSU all being in the same conference beating the hell outta each other during the year while * played in some watered down version of the Big XII or a weak *** Pac 11...guess who REALLY wins in that situation? NOT US. Sure we would get mad props for being in the toughest conference in the world...but who gives a crap when you have 4 of the toughest teams in the same conference every year battling to get to a CCG that would rival the MNC game every year.

In this situation we are poised to compete for the MNC EVERY year...I am not saying that we wouldn't be in any other conference, but be honest...imagine trying to get through an SEC schedule with last years team :-( Hell, South Carolina is no world beater, but a night time game in Columbia is down right TOUGH!

$20M is $20M...and we don't look like a bunch crying bitch babies like the bugeaters...those pussies left the Big XII for $22M. BFD, they left this conference for $2M. Good Riddance.

THERE'S ONLY ONE!!!!!

does this also mean that we wait a month before our bowl game? similiar to what Ohio State has done recently? boring!!

Collier11
6/15/2010, 02:31 PM
Per Sports Business Daily, FSN is pledging to increase its Big 12 deal by 500 percent.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 02:50 PM
I tried to tell you! It's a TRAP!

Now we are beholden to Texas money. My money... your money... it's no good any more.

The only thing the university will respond to is empty seats! Vote with your attendance!*

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2010, 02:53 PM
*subliminal me says "vote with your butt"

soonerboomer93
6/15/2010, 02:54 PM
That's split up evenly. The travelling, champion teams often make no money on that at all after expenses actually.

I thought it was split after expenses. That BCS bowls had one expense allowment, while other bowls had a different allowment.

SoonerSoph
6/15/2010, 02:58 PM
Still praying OU and Texas bolt to the SEC in the middle of the night

soonerboomer93
6/15/2010, 02:59 PM
One more thing, remember the Mountain West told Boise no, then next week accepted them, anything can happen.

They only put the BSU acceptance on hold due to the Big 12 "issues"

Mississippi Sooner
6/15/2010, 03:06 PM
*subliminal me says "vote with your butt"

I tried voting with my butt once, but the old ladies at the polling station had no sense of humor.

Scott D
6/15/2010, 03:09 PM
Per Sports Business Daily, FSN is pledging to increase its Big 12 deal by 500 percent.

You hear that Missouri? You're going to get a whole $2.50 now! :D

adoniijahsooner
6/15/2010, 07:13 PM
There is no deal....yet, just promises. This straight from bebees lips.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/15/beebe-disputes-new-tv-deals-for-big-12/

Beebe disputes new TV deals for Big 12
Posted by John Taylor on June 15, 2010 1:52 PM ET
Perhaps the biggest news coming out commissioner Dan Beebe's press conference this afternoon -- other than the fact that Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Baylor and Iowa State are officially the rest of the Big 12's biznatches -- is the fact that there is no new television in place for the Big 12.

In the wake of Texas recommitting to the league Monday, multiple reports had a tweaked television deal paying Texas upwards of $25 million -- and other schools at least doubling what they've been receiving -- as the linchpin in keeping the Big 12 intact.

Beebe said earlier today that there is no new TV deal from either FOX or ESPN/ABC; rather, the conference was assured -- with those assurances being relayed to all ten schools -- by various "consultants that we are in a tremendous position to reach agreements to put us on par with anyone in the country." Additionally, there is no signed agreement that will keep the conference together. Instead, Beebe is taking them all at their word that they will remain true to the conference.

(About that Arizona oceanfront property, Mr. Beebe...)

Beebe also attempted to dispel the notion that UT held all of the cards in this situation.

"Texas has a lot of influence," he said. "But I think you have to also look at Texas A&M and Oklahoma. They were hotly pursued by a number of conferences. Their value, based on their marketplace, history, were desirable. Frankly, they could have left for a guaranteed situation.

"One of the misnomers is this all about money. They are committed to this conference for more reasons than that."

(Chuckle)

As for the five schools mentioned in the opening of this post? All five agreed to give up their share of penalties Colorado and Nebraska will have to pay, forking that money over instead to, mostly, Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M.

Oh yeah, we can see this newly-configured Big 12 having long-term viability. Yep.

StoopTroup
6/15/2010, 07:41 PM
That's my turf.

Really? You're not very good at it.

You should retire now that there is someone a half percent better now.

StoopTroup
6/15/2010, 07:50 PM

Now we are beholden to Texas money. My money... your money... it's no good any more.

The only thing the university will respond to is empty seats! Vote with your attendance!*

When you base the fact that Nebraska is leaving and that we are beholding to +exas money...you then are insinuating that we were beholden to Nebraska's money when we were in the Big 8.

All of this dribble many of you are writing allows folks to tag you with adjectives that are far worse than anything you were seemingly afraid of in your beginning thread post. Now...if you were indeed just stirring the pot and not covering up for your lack of maturity as an OU Fan, you've done a **** poor job of that if Leroid is claiming you are stepping on his toes.

This is just another sad emoish thread that reeks of aggiedome.

SoonerMom2
6/15/2010, 07:54 PM
You all are still working under the assumption that all of this is as simple as yes and no. There is alot of stuff going on behind the scenes that we will never know about, if you think Joe C. or Deloss Dodds would agree to such a deal without guarantees you are crazy

Exactly! All you had to do was watch Joe C's press conference on line to watch how carefully he chose he words. He made sure that everyone understood that we don't follow Texas, we prefer to stay with Texas because it benefits both programs. He also talked about how the TV contracts in the future were presented by media consultants and this is what you can expect to receive.

Very impressed with what he had to say just like the fact that staying at 10 teams is not set in stone and that the Big 12 owns the rights to the Big 12, Big 13, 14, 15, and 16 which should tell all of us something. He also alluded to the fact that we could add more teams in the future to replace the two we lost. I also got the impression the Big 12 in the future will not be on the sidelines in any expansion talk.

StoopTroup
6/15/2010, 08:01 PM
Mom...you aren't going to change some of these idgets minds.

Tidefan36854
6/15/2010, 08:10 PM

That's the way it is in the SEC, and that's how we like it. The schedule is definitely hard and we beat the hell out of each other, but the SEC is 8 - 1 in National Title games since the conference expansion in 1992. No other conference is even close. The B12 record is 5-6 in that same period. Take Nebraska out of that equation, and the record is 2-3, BTW. The easiest path to the title doesn't mean much if it doesn't prepare you to play against the best teams in the country. From the outside looking in, it appears that losing Nebraska makes the B12 much weaker. In years like '03, '04, and even '08 the Big XII got the nod to go the National Title game when at least 3 teams ended the year with the same record. Losing the B12CG will hurt the B12 against other conferences that do have a CG at the end of the year. I'm not trying to flame, because I've been here a long time and I have a lot of respect for the Sooners, but I just don't see how this going to be a good thing you guys in the long term.

Scott D
6/15/2010, 08:13 PM
I really doubt not having the game will hurt the conference against the ACC. ;)

The Big10 may still not have a CCG because they'd have to break their little "zomg no games after thanksgiving" rule.

BudSooner
6/15/2010, 08:16 PM
. He also alluded to the fact that we could add more teams in the future to replace the two we lost. I also got the impression the Big 12 in the future will not be on the sidelines in any expansion talk.

Beebe said there are no plans to expand the conference, leaving the Big 12 with 10 teams to play a nine-game football schedule and do away with the conference championship game.
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=Arck0uGUsCsQYQXAEaxueP4cvrYF?slug=ap-big12lives

silverwheels
6/15/2010, 10:11 PM
The Big10 may still not have a CCG because they'd have to break their little "zomg no games after thanksgiving" rule.

I thought they were going to do that anyway.

Breadburner
6/15/2010, 10:16 PM
When you base the fact that Nebraska is leaving and that we are beholding to +exas money...you then are insinuating that we were beholden to Nebraska's money when we were in the Big 8.

All of this dribble many of you are writing allows folks to tag you with adjectives that are far worse than anything you were seemingly afraid of in your beginning thread post. Now...if you were indeed just stirring the pot and not covering up for your lack of maturity as an OU Fan, you've done a **** poor job of that if Leroid is claiming you are stepping on his toes.

This is just another sad emoish thread that reeks of aggiedome.

Pow and there you have it....Right in the kisser.......!!!!

delhalew
6/15/2010, 11:51 PM
I really doubt not having the game will hurt the conference against the ACC. ;)

The whole reason the Big10 is expanding is to get a CCG.

Harry Beanbag
6/16/2010, 12:17 AM
Local radio show here today:

"Texas is Shrek, Oklahoma is the donkey."

6/16/2010, 12:25 AM
Local radio show here today:

"Texas is Shrek, Oklahoma is the donkey."I heard that here in PHX yesterday. Whatever douch*bag sports announcer that was offering that must have tought he did well to say it, to keep on saying it or parroting it today.(nobody likes OU except OU fans)

Leroy Lizard
6/16/2010, 12:35 AM
Really? You're not very good at it.

You should retire now that there is someone a half percent better now.

:rolleyes:

soonerboy_odanorth
6/16/2010, 01:17 AM
Laugh! Laugh now you FOOLS!

Rome is BURNING, and you are fiddling!

Fiddling around with T*xas! *Ptooie*ptooie*!!!

I never wanted the LoSuRs to become our main rival, but this is inevitable.

They have jealousy... ENVY!

We have a corny-dog at the State Fair of TEXAS.

Gawd you people make me SICK!

Get Boise.. NOW!

Get TCU.. NOW!

Raid Arkansas... Raid Iowa!

If we do not act now we are done for a long time coming....

Bob Stoop = Gary Gibbs wannabe.

I hope you're all happy!

soonerboy_odanorth
6/16/2010, 01:18 AM
YOU piddled on Nebraska...

Well Nebraska piddled on YOU!

6/16/2010, 01:49 AM
YOU piddled on Nebraska...

Well Nebraska piddled on YOU!Are we DOOMED? Have they cancelled the games this fall?

bri
6/16/2010, 02:36 AM
I saw Landry Jones today. He just looked at me and shrugged, then took out a prayer mat and faced southeast towards Austin as he gave thanks to the almighty and benevolent cow. OUR SAVIOR, BEVO! THE COW GIVES LIFE! THE COW IS LIFE!

bri
6/16/2010, 02:41 AM
*the preceding post was brought to you by the June drink specials at O'Connell's. O'Connell's - Great burgers, good times and cold "suds" since 1968!

Sooner in Tampa
6/16/2010, 06:20 AM
That's the way it is in the SEC, and that's how we like it. The schedule is definitely hard and we beat the hell out of each other, but the SEC is 8 - 1 in National Title games since the conference expansion in 1992. No other conference is even close. The B12 record is 5-6 in that same period. Take Nebraska out of that equation, and the record is 2-3, BTW. I'm not trying to flame, because I've been here a long time and I have a lot of respect for the Sooners, but I just don't see how this going to be a good thing you guys in the long term.

Yes the SEC beats the hell out of each other already...I have to believe that adding OU to the the SEC would be too much of a good thing. You can say that the easiest road isn't the best, and I will say that the hardest road isn't always the best. Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. You take 4 of the top progams in the country...put them in the same conference...only 1 can emerge from that bloodbath...year in and year out. Am I too scared to go to the SEC? HELL NO...I would just say wiser...and hell, it may occur in a couple of years anyway. I think the super conferences are coming...it's just a matter of time.

I just don't think that it is a wise move for ANYBODY concerned for OU to head to the SEC right now. I would bet there are a lot of schools in the SEC breathing a sigh of relief right now...although I do miss Chester Lester Miles and his insane behavior.

Jacie
6/16/2010, 08:44 AM
The super conference thing makes some sense if it is a prelude to a playoff. Beats tradition up but nothing is sacred in college football anymore.

Fewer conferences means fewer conference champions, however, and that will mean fewer rewards for the not-quite-elite programs that could occassionally win one of those. You won't see a team back into a super conference championship. The ante will have been upped a lot, too much for almost-good-enough to be good enough.

delhalew
6/16/2010, 10:58 AM
Laugh! Laugh now you FOOLS!

Rome is BURNING, and you are fiddling!

Fiddling around with T*xas! *Ptooie*ptooie*!!!

I never wanted the LoSuRs to become our main rival, but this is inevitable.

They have jealousy... ENVY!

We have a corny-dog at the State Fair of TEXAS.

Gawd you people make me SICK!

Get Boise.. NOW!

Get TCU.. NOW!

Raid Arkansas... Raid Iowa!

If we do not act now we are done for a long time coming....

Bob Stoop = Gary Gibbs wannabe.

I hope you're all happy!

You have lost your ****, haven't you. :D. Completely bat**** crazy you have become.
I expect the national media to swallow the orangeblood narrative, but why are OU fans buying this Sooners on a leash drivel?

homerSimpsonsBrain
6/16/2010, 11:03 AM
Heh. soonerboy_odanorth has caught his limit again

Collier11
6/16/2010, 11:04 AM
He needs to be put out to pasture it seems.

badger
6/16/2010, 11:07 AM
This thread was fun to read.

delhalew
6/16/2010, 11:10 AM
See the smiley up there? I know what he's doing. The fact remains, there are Sooner fans buying this crap.

6/16/2010, 12:02 PM
See the smiley up there? I know what he's doing. The fact remains, there are Sooner fans buying this crap.IMO most Sooner fans are saying to themselves, "OK, I wanted to separate from the cows, but, since it's always about money, maybe we did get a good deal that way. Besides, I'm still a Sooner fan, and ALL I really ask is that we win championships."

goingoneight
6/16/2010, 12:14 PM
Super conference kings can still lay a supr egg. See OU vs USC, Alabama vs Utah, etc.

Bourbon St Sooner
6/17/2010, 12:40 PM

What's the exchange rate on Texas pesos these days?

redkid
6/18/2010, 06:28 PM
What's the exchange rate on Texas pesos these days?

This:D

XingTheRubicon
6/18/2010, 06:58 PM
The utter mouth breathers that odanorth reels in with each one of these is priceless. Never gets old.

stoopified
6/18/2010, 08:03 PM
Texas sucks

6/18/2010, 08:12 PM
Texas sucksLet's all pledge to remain fans of the OU SOONERS!....BOOMER, baby!

o0Dan0o
6/18/2010, 10:36 PM

A radio host said something inflammatory! Holy Great Cesar's Ghost!!! Someone call Obama to get this national disaster cleaned up, and peoples who've been unable to work paid!!!!

Oh wait, that's just normal...

delhalew
6/18/2010, 11:02 PM
A radio host said something inflammatory! Holy Great Cesar's Ghost!!! Someone call Obama to get this national disaster cleaned up, and peoples who've been unable to work paid!!!!

Oh wait, that's just normal...

I've recently checked out this Paul Finebaum show...wow. The whole show is nothing but a pissing contest between he and the listeners to see who can be more ignorant. It's an Alabama based show that recently went national.

I like Alabama and in general find rednecks charming (I live in Oklahoma after all), but his listeners further ALL the stereotypes imaginable. The people from bama that call in can barely string a sentence together...CRAZY.

BeatUT
6/18/2010, 11:58 PM
This entire incident has inflated the ego of UT past the point of being sickening. I live in Austin and have to listen to them pat themselves on the back nonstop. UT fans think they are entitled to a championship season every year - it is truly nauseating.

It was awesome seeing TCU shut them out of the College world series this year.

bluedogok
6/19/2010, 06:36 PM
I've recently checked out this Paul Finebaum show...wow. The whole show is nothing but a pissing contest between he and the listeners to see who can be more ignorant. It's an Alabama based show that recently went national.

I like Alabama and in general find rednecks charming (I live in Oklahoma after all), but his listeners further ALL the stereotypes imaginable. The people from bama that call in can barely string a sentence together...CRAZY.
It is pretty much an SEC love fest.....or is that incest :confused:

This entire incident has inflated the ego of UT past the point of being sickening. I live in Austin and have to listen to them pat themselves on the back nonstop. UT fans think they are entitled to a championship season every year - it is truly nauseating.

It was awesome seeing TCU shut them out of the College world series this year.
The thinking they deserve a trophy just showing up is nothing new, especially in baseball. I rather enjoyed TCU "dog piling on the Longhorn" that seemed to get them upset...and then OU headed where they aren't the next day.

Leroy Lizard
6/19/2010, 07:50 PM
I can't recall any athletic department tanking like UT did this year, with football, men's basketball, women's basketball, and now baseball. (Their football team did play for the national title, though.)

Mississippi Sooner
6/19/2010, 08:17 PM

I've been listening to that show for a while, but I can only take it in small doses. If you think it's funny now, just wait til college football season starts.

I can't believe they went national with it. Talk about cementing all the bad stereotypes of southerners.

bluedogok
6/19/2010, 08:34 PM
Rivals Radio on SiriusXM has picked it up, that is where I have heard it heading home from work.

delhalew
6/20/2010, 12:15 AM
Rivals Radio on SiriusXM has picked it up, that is where I have heard it heading home from work.

It really pissed me off at first. I would rather have rivals replays all day than Finebaum (jerry springer of sports radio). I'm sure it will be good for a laugh when the season starts. They have been slamming Texas for weeks now...that's always fun.