PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska - I will really miss this game

landrun
6/14/2010, 09:45 PM
I'm truly sad about Nebraska leaving the Big XII. :(

Say what you want, but this game has always been a pleasure for me. I've loved it since I was a young boy. I would like to see us play them again every Thanksgiving - That could be the one thing that might redeem this whole mess we just went through.

And I do blame Texas. I can't help but think that Neb got sick of having to put up with them throwing their weight around. And the way they got jobbed by Tejas officials in the championship game is inexcusable. I don't blame them for leaving.

I'd much prefer to be in a conference with Nebraska. Now OU is stuck in the Big XII with Texas. I feel like we got left with the ugly girl in this. :mad:

ndpruitt03
6/14/2010, 09:46 PM
We settled this in another thread. This game has been missed for about 20 years now.

Boomer Mooner
6/14/2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I feel the same way. It would be great to revive the old rivalry on Thankgiving weekends.

PDTsooner
6/14/2010, 10:39 PM
It might be easier to play them every year now in a non conf game.

ndpruitt03
6/14/2010, 10:41 PM
I don't think Nebraska will do it. We would have gotten it done when the Big 12 formed if we really wanted to.

PDTsooner
6/14/2010, 10:49 PM
You are probably right. Just wishing. We would get great coverage from the networks and sports writers.