PDA

View Full Version : The Future of the Big 12

Sco
6/14/2010, 09:43 PM
....or as I like to call it, the Diez Grande.

All right, so now that we're likely sticking with 10 teams, no divisions or CCG, we'll likely have 9 conference games and 3 non-conference games. I still have some suggestions/hopes on what happens:

Can we PLEASE kick out Missouri for starting all this?

I heard rumors this may happen, and I would be a fan of it still. Let's bring in Tulsa or Air Force or someone else.

While I know that's wishful thinking (and a bad tactic for conference strength), it'd still be nice.

ndpruitt03
6/14/2010, 09:45 PM
Won't happen. But I don't see this thing lasting with as dysfunctional parts like Texas who could stab our back at any minute and Mizzou who could leave the conference at any minute for god knows what conference.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 09:51 PM
When you read the story on ESPN about all the people involved to slow this down, it makes sense what happened.

ndpruitt03
6/14/2010, 09:53 PM
I know but it sounds like we are getting the same crappy TV deal but more money. That really sucks.

Monster Zero
6/14/2010, 09:53 PM
Won't happen. But I don't see this thing lasting with as dysfunctional parts like Texas who could stab our back at any minute and Mizzou who could leave the conference at any minute for god knows what conference.

This is all the result of Donnie Duncan bailing out (most of) the Southwest Conference back whenever. You know, about the same time he was hiring whatsisname and whatsisname and running the program broke.

The creation of a conference that had some good stuff going on, but was unfortunately occupied by a certain skool with more money and more stroke than everyone else, and they don't mind letting you know about it either.

As Traber was saying today, they'll run the same play in a few years.