PDA

View Full Version : Well, at least Nebbish to the Big whatever conference

SoonerStormchaser
6/14/2010, 06:44 PM
means we can schedule those guys every single year instead of the on/off every-two years bull**** we had while they were here in the conference.

Can we start playing them in 2011?

Scott D
6/14/2010, 06:44 PM
no, their conference isn't allowed to schedule hard games.

OU Adonis
6/14/2010, 06:47 PM
This^^^^^^^^^^^

We are only allowed one hard conference game, and its reserved for Texas.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 06:48 PM
Why would we want to schedule Nebraska after what Osborne had to say about the Big 12? They need to give the Big 12 the millions they owe for leaving the conference and extra since they are leaving in 2011 not 2012.

Nebraska should be dead to all the Big 12 schools after they jumped so fast and then blamed Texas and other Big 12 south schools because they were leaving. Obviously we are not leaving.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 07:00 PM
NU is out!

Their lack of success the past decade drove a wedge between them and us.

Monster Zero
6/14/2010, 07:10 PM
Why would we want to schedule Nebraska after what Osborne had to say about the Big 12? They need to give the Big 12 the millions they owe for leaving the conference and extra since they are leaving in 2011 not 2012.

Nebraska should be dead to all the Big 12 schools after they jumped so fast and then blamed Texas and other Big 12 south schools because they were leaving. Obviously we are not leaving.

But Texas IS the one that's been throwing their weight around. I think Nebraska was probably talking to the Big 10 even before they got jobbed in the CCG. Pelini didn't know it 'cause he went nuts screaming and yelling and cursing, but Osborne and Perlman already had a plan going.

That's what I think, anyway. A lot of times I'm full of it too, but that's what I think and I'm sticking to it.

MyT Oklahoma
6/14/2010, 07:18 PM
A part of me is sad about losing two Big 8 teams after all of these years (39) but then I remember how they chose to leave us and so f*** them.

Is that sentimental enough for you Coaches Osborne and Pelini?

HappyClappyMackBrown
6/14/2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah, shame on Nebraska for going to the Big Ten to make 22 million a year. FWIW: Nebraska is the favorite to win the Big 12 this year, so talk about a talent gap all you want, it simply isn't true.

Enjoy the Mediocre 10, and keep sucking the Longhorns dicks you homers.

Tigeman
6/14/2010, 08:12 PM
FWIW: Nebraska is the favorite to win the Big 12 this year,

Ummmm, are you on crack? By who? Your fans?

soonerboy_odanorth
6/14/2010, 08:14 PM
Unbelieveable. That some of you believe NU was going to stay down...

Did you believe we were going to stay down in the 90's?

Note: Nebraska has a measure of pride. I know that is a leap for some of you, but they do.

NU out-manuevered EVERYONE.

I'm a bigger fan of theirs than I was before. I merely respected them before. Now... they've got some moxy.

And I am sorely disappointed in our capitulation.

...here it comes...

Well just give up your season tickets then..

Why don't you just be a fan of theirs... LOSER...

You are gutless not believing OU can make it without NU...

It's all good.

Watch the Texas marketing machine drive us into the ground.

Oh they'll have it good for a handful of years, watching our decline.

Then they'll get bored with their declining revenues as we become less and less relevant and bolt to suck the life out of another conference.

And we'll be wondering how we ended up in a Missouri Valley Conference with no Nebraska as the conference pride and joy, and only our victory over Tulsa to preserve our conference "stature".

HappyClappyMackBrown
6/14/2010, 08:14 PM
Ummmm, are you on crack? By who? Your fans?
Vegas (last time I checked)

edit: I was in Vegas last month. Nebraska was 8:1 to win it all, Texas 12:1 and OU 18:1. Just checked now, looks like it changed. However if Nebraska isn't favored to win, they are definitely one of the top 2 favorites. Hardly the "talent-disparity" you speak of.

Pelini and Osborne has brought that program back, it has top 10 talent this year and should be a national title contender for the near future. (Though I still think they are a year away personally)

soonervegas
6/14/2010, 08:27 PM
I dont see how OU-NU couldnt play Thanksgiving. UF and FSU play late season.

I realize it won't happen, but it could.

Just because Nebraska has balls and we don't is no reason to hate them.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/14/2010, 08:54 PM
Unbelieveable. That some of you believe NU was going to stay down...

Did you believe we were going to stay down in the 90's?

Note: Nebraska has a measure of pride. I know that is a leap for some of you, but they do.

NU out-manuevered EVERYONE.

I'm a bigger fan of theirs than I was before. I merely respected them before. Now... they've got some moxy.

And I am sorely disappointed in our capitulation.

...here it comes...

Well just give up your season tickets then..

Why don't you just be a fan of theirs... LOSER...

You are gutless not believing OU can make it without NU...

It's all good.

Watch the Texas marketing machine drive us into the ground.

Oh they'll have it good for a handful of years, watching our decline.

Then they'll get bored with their declining revenues as we become less and less relevant and bolt to suck the life out of another conference.

And we'll be wondering how we ended up in a Missouri Valley Conference with no Nebraska as the conference pride and joy, and only our victory over Tulsa to preserve our conference "stature".How did you come up with this "analysis"?