PDA

View Full Version : You know where this will end

ndpruitt03
6/14/2010, 03:56 PM
Texas will either go independent or take the last slot the Big 10 gets after ND and some other BE team joins. And then OU and the rest of the Big X will be screwed.

Dio
6/14/2010, 03:58 PM
Yup. I trust those burnt orange bastards less than I ever did, and that's saying something.

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 03:59 PM
OU will never get screwed. #12 in the nation in Athletic revenues....we'll always get picked up by a decent conference and still have OU/Texas @dallas.

soonervegas
6/14/2010, 04:00 PM
Nick Zepp is right. Our options may not be as plentiful 4 years from now.

We are officially the University of Texas - Norman Campus

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 04:02 PM
Austin American Statesman is saying there is a 70% chance the Big 12 will remain which is down from earlier today when it was a cinch.

Wonder if the other schools are starting to balk at OU/UT/A&M getting a larger share of the revenue by $3 to $5M depending on the source or has Fox Sports rethought what they told Bebee the Big 12 minus 2 could get in a new contract?

Something is going on as it is no longer 100% sure this is happening like it was two hours ago at the Dallas Morning News. Would think if everything was going according to plan they would have made an announcement by now so is some school not liking the new deal?

ndpruitt03
6/14/2010, 04:06 PM
OU will never get screwed. #12 in the nation in Athletic revenues....we'll always get picked up by a decent conference and still have OU/Texas @dallas.

I agree we'll always have the name, but we may be forced to go into a conference out of own terms. At worst we have some sort of weird MWC/Big 9 merger. Which would be a good conference but certainly won't have the name power being in a PAC or SEC.

If the PAC 12 Network succeeds and the Big 10 network keeps going like it has Notre Dame will eventually follow the money and go to the Big 10. I think this just slows down realignment. But it is not going to stop.

swardboy
6/14/2010, 04:09 PM
Is there any word that the Pac 10 is souring on us because of our non-commitment so far?

Widescreen
6/14/2010, 04:12 PM
Is there any word that the Pac 10 is souring on us because of our non-commitment so far?

I doubt it. I'm sure they wish they could get a commitment but their leadership would understand that it takes time to work these things out. We're talking about decisions that will likely affect the member institutions for years - not something that's really a candidate for a quick decision.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 04:12 PM

No -- they know our Board of Regents does not meet until Wednesday.

This from Twitter which I think makes sense and why it is so disgusting wehat is developing in Dallas although now it is 70% sure the conference can be saved:

It appears Texas may extort $25 million dollars from the other nine morons who are hanging onto the Big12. Of course UT is the only winner here. Texas will collect $25 million for a few more years and have a much easier road to the BCS National Championship. The tea sips will end up getting even more money from the PAC-10 when they bolt in 2015. It's good for UT, bad for the other nine schools and horrible for the college football fans.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 04:15 PM
Texas will either go independent or take the last slot the Big 10 gets after ND and some other BE team joins. And then OU and the rest of the Big X will be screwed.

So emotional.

Please explaing how OU is going to be screwed? OU goes wherever they want.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 04:18 PM
No -- they know our Board of Regents does not meet until Wednesday.

This from Twitter which I think makes sense and why it is so disgusting wehat is developing in Dallas although now it is 70% sure the conference can be saved:

It appears Texas may extort $25 million dollars from the other nine morons who are hanging onto the Big12. Of course UT is the only winner here. Texas will collect $25 million for a few more years and have a much easier road to the BCS National Championship. The tea sips will end up getting even more money from the PAC-10 when they bolt in 2015. It's good for UT, bad for the other nine schools and horrible for the college football fans.
More silliness.

Sorry to tell you but $25 million is a spit in the ocean to the University of Texas. They aren't interested in a few extra mil. What they are interested in is spreading their name.

ndpruitt03
6/14/2010, 04:38 PM
So emotional.

Please explaing how OU is going to be screwed? OU goes wherever they want.

I said it in my next post. We'll be forced to go into a conference out of our own terms. And the other conferences will be expanding.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 04:43 PM
I said it in my next post. We'll be forced to go into a conference out of our own terms. And the other conferences will be expanding.

You also said OU would never play for another NC, after Texas won in 2005.

You're too emotional.

Oldnslo
6/14/2010, 04:49 PM
Friends, the sky isn't falling.

Here's what's happening right now: the weak sisters of the conference, who have just now discovered their status as such (read: Mizzery and KS) along with the others, who already knew their status (everyone without the words "Texas" or "Oklahoma" as their names, A&M notwithstanding) are looking at the chance that they'll become an afterthought in some non-BCS conference, losing millions upon millions of dollars and becoming an also-ran in Big College Football.

In order to have this not happen, they'll allow Texas to stick it all the way in. OU doesn't care, because the math that favors TX also happens to favor OU. We're on TV every week or so anyway. We might even get our own TV contract in the future (we were offered one before the domers were, you know).

So, if the Big X... whatever we are now... still exists in the future, it will be because the Large Dollars go to TX. OU will be fine.

If we go to the Pac....whatever... OU will be fine.

Personally, I'd rather the Pac option, as it may prevent them damn teasips from an independent TV deal, but I don't know if I care that much. I just want to have trips to the Coast every year, the better to have long weekends and the occasional layover in Vegas.

I see OU's glass pretty dang full either way. We'll be fine.

KingWKB
6/14/2010, 04:55 PM
Why don't we commit to the Pac 10 and force Texas' hand? The Big 12 would then be destroyed and they would have to join the Pac 10.

ndpruitt03
6/14/2010, 04:56 PM
You also said OU would never play for another NC, after Texas won in 2005.

You're too emotional.

You actually trust Texas??? That's mind boggling to me. Texas could easily leave the conference tomorrow if they want.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 04:57 PM
Why don't we commit to the Pac 10 and force Texas' hand? The Big 12 would then be destroyed and they would have to join the Pac 10.

Because Boren, Castigleone, and Stoops want to stay.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 04:58 PM
You actually trust Texas??? That's mind boggling to me. Texas could easily leave the conference tomorrow if they want.
So can everyone else. It's business. There are business deals with people you don't neccesarily trust all the time.

delhalew
6/14/2010, 05:09 PM

Why do we have to trust Texas? I believe the point is that OU will be a commodity whenever expansion happens.
That said, do you all understand why I want to cut bait with Texas and go to the SEC (or the f'n Pac pussies if you insist)? BTW take note there is a LOT of dissent within our athletic department about hitching our schooner to the PAC 16. See Sherri Cole for instance.

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 05:09 PM
Because Boren, Castigleone, and Stoops want to stay.

You get that from Stoops' comments the other day about how exciting the idea of a Pac-10 merger would be?

Widescreen
6/14/2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I only saw him talking about how great going to the PAC-10 would be - particularly from a recruiting aspect. I expect the only thing he doesn't like would be having to play his brother every year.

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 05:19 PM

I'm expecting this to happen. Our regents are meeting Wednesday - I'm betting we'll be making an announcement about the same time the Texas legislature is trying to get Texas and A&M to play nice.

XingTheRubicon
6/14/2010, 05:29 PM
Will people quit posting "why don't we join the PAC 10 and force Texas' hand.

The PAC 10 does not want OU alone...or OU and OSU. They want * and OU + * and OU's step sisters.

KingWKB
6/14/2010, 05:38 PM

The PAC 10 does not want OU alone...or OU and OSU. They want * and OU + * and OU's step sisters.

Texas would join the Pac 10 if OU joined and everyone would follow. That would be their only play.

XingTheRubicon
6/14/2010, 05:40 PM
Texas would join the Pac 10 if OU joined and everyone would follow. That would be their only play.

Reread my post, slower.

TXBOOMER
6/14/2010, 05:50 PM
That is not going to happen. If it did we would deserve it for trusting the texass bass turds.

ric311
6/14/2010, 05:55 PM
Jeez.
Look, right now the Pac has 11 schools. It needs one more to get the CCG. It needs 5 more to get to the "magic" 16. The way things are shaping up, Utah is going to be the 12th team. Are you seriously going to sit back and allow that to happen? The Pac wants no part of UT if they're going to bring all of their drama with them. No uneven revenue sharing. No private television network. No moving the conference headquarters. No dictating where the CCG will be played every year. That pissed off UT. I believe UT was ready to go until they found out that the Pac wouldn't bend over for them. Now they're trying to bend you over. Don't let them.

delhalew
6/14/2010, 06:07 PM
Jeez.
Look, right now the Pac has 11 schools. It needs one more to get the CCG. It needs 5 more to get to the "magic" 16. The way things are shaping up, Utah is going to be the 12th team. Are you seriously going to sit back and allow that to happen? The Pac wants no part of UT if they're going to bring all of their drama with them. No uneven revenue sharing. No private television network. No moving the conference headquarters. No dictating where the CCG will be played every year. That pissed off UT. I believe UT was ready to go until they found out that the Pac wouldn't bend over for them. Now they're trying to bend you over. Don't let them.

You are not wrong, but the thing is...Texas can't hurt us. They can buttrape the other programs that are scared of getting left out in the cold. I'd rather not be a party to it.
Ta&m had the horns on the ropes. I think they sould follow thru. If you think about it, they are fortunate that the SEC showed intrest.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/14/2010, 06:33 PM

I guess you don't understand the phrase "forcing Texas' hand"

OU leaves/ A&M leaves = no Big XII. Texas will HAVE TO go to the Pac 10 or at the very least the Big 10. But 95% sure they'd follow along to the Pac 10.

So the Pac 10 would invite OU/whomever expecting to get Texas too.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 06:52 PM
You get that from Stoops' comments the other day about how exciting the idea of a Pac-10 merger would be?

I have a bridge for sale in new york

XingTheRubicon
6/14/2010, 07:10 PM
I guess you don't understand the phrase "forcing Texas' hand"

OU leaves/ A&M leaves = no Big XII. Texas will HAVE TO go to the Pac 10 or at the very least the Big 10. But 95% sure they'd follow along to the Pac 10.

So the Pac 10 would invite OU/whomever expecting to get Texas too.

No, I don't think you understand the phrase...the PAC 10 does not want OU alone. Read it 5 times if you need to.