PDA

View Full Version : Weird…ironic…karma?

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 03:30 PM
UNL threatens to bolt and PANIC begins to build. Then CU beats them to the punch and now PANIC has other BIG12 schools begging to go to the shiaty PAC--. AtM hints toward SEC…OU will wait…follow UT but also flirt with SEC. UT gets scared and decides a AtM or OU SEC would kill UT in recruiting. In the end all ten stay together.

Now the conference lost 2 good schools but will re-negotiate a better TV contract….get more money per school than any other conference and CU and UNL will only get 20-50% of the TV revenues for their remaining seasons.

So let me get this straight. UNL and CU paid to leave the BIG12 and will not be a part of the newer contract that will pay more than the PAC/BIG10 per school?

This is all-some.

Dio
6/14/2010, 03:33 PM
get more money per school than any other conference

We'll see 1) if this actually happens, and 2) how long it takes the other conferences to pass that by.

Leroy Lizard
6/14/2010, 03:34 PM
I would respond, but I think I will start a whole new thread instead.

Sooner Among The Pack
6/14/2010, 03:34 PM
I'll have to eat some words if Chip Brown and Billy Liucci are right...and Beebe really does have a better TV contract from ESPN to dish out. I'll believe it when I see it though.

My only guess is ESPN panicked at the thought of FOX landing the Pac-16 deal?

Dio
6/14/2010, 03:35 PM
I would respond, but I think I will start a whole new thread instead.

Bud will be ecstatic!

OKLA21FAN
6/14/2010, 03:38 PM
Bud will be ecstatic!

and I heard Barry was rolling over in his grave too! :pop:

PrideTrombone
6/14/2010, 03:39 PM
Now the conference lost 2 good schools but will re-negotiate a better TV contract….get more money per school than any other conference and CU and UNL will only get 20-50% of the TV revenues for their remaining seasons.

Better than what we had, sure.

Better than what we could have in the Pac-16 or SEC? No. Won't even be close. This is a horrible horrible idea.

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 03:43 PM
Better than what we could have in the Pac-16 or SEC?

An SEC wOU+AtM yes but not so sure the PAC16 could have increased their contract that much. A 16 team conference would have to push past $400 million a year (without taking into account conf HQ fees) to match that.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 03:47 PM
I'll have to eat some words if Chip Brown and Billy Liucci are right...and Beebe really does have a better TV contract from ESPN to dish out. I'll believe it when I see it though.

My only guess is ESPN panicked at the thought of FOX landing the Pac-16 deal?

Reports are starting to show up that all the sports paniced when they thought about a 16 team PAC 10 and decided to put on the brakes of the Big 12. Looks like Fox News who is who came up with the money Beebe is throwing around which now looks to favor OU/TX/A&M while the others get $3- $5M less than those three even without a private network. Since this all started with uneven allotment of funds, how is this going to help?

Dio
6/14/2010, 03:50 PM
and I heard Barry was rolling over in his grave too! :pop:

Not THAT Bud, THIS Bud:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142330

And I thought Barry was turning over tables at Othello's?

PDXsooner
6/14/2010, 04:43 PM
When this story is written in the future, I think we'll realize that it was all created out of panic and fear that no one wanted to be the one "left behind". Colorado was probably looking to get to the Pac 10 at it's first opportunity, but Nebraska leaving was the real surprise.

A lot of commentators (Colin Cowherd specifically) used it as a chance to attack the foundation of the Big 12 and said it was a conference of smoke and mirrors. The one nice thing about it (possibly) staying together is that it disproves that myth. If it survives without NU and CU it speaks to the strength of the conference (which obviously Texas is a big part of).

Breadburner
6/14/2010, 04:50 PM
Bring Arkansas back on board.......

PrideTrombone
6/14/2010, 04:58 PM

Why doesn't anyone seem to realize that NO team from the Big 10 or SEC is going to take a pay cut to come to our depleted-*** conference?

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 05:03 PM
Why doesn't anyone seem to realize that NO team from the Big 10 or SEC is going to take a pay cut to come to our depleted-*** conference?

Aristotle? Plato? SOCRATES? Morons.

http://www.thehotzoneonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Vizzini.jpg

soonerboomer93
6/14/2010, 05:04 PM
When this story is written in the future, I think we'll realize that it was all created out of panic and fear that no one wanted to be the one "left behind". Colorado was probably looking to get to the Pac 10 at it's first opportunity, but Nebraska leaving was the real surprise.

A lot of commentators (Colin Cowherd specifically) used it as a chance to attack the foundation of the Big 12 and said it was a conference of smoke and mirrors. The one nice thing about it (possibly) staying together is that it disproves that myth. If it survives without NU and CU it speaks to the strength of the conference (which obviously Texas is a big part of).

CU has been wanting to jump to the Pac 10 for over a decade

sooner59
6/14/2010, 05:29 PM
CU has been wanting to jump to the Pac 10 for over a decade

They belong there. They will fit in with all the hippies.

delhalew
6/14/2010, 05:36 PM

Nobody will leave the SEC! Wake up!

49r
6/14/2010, 06:29 PM
CU has been wanting to jump to the Pac 10 for over 40 years.

FTFY