PDA

View Full Version : If OSU has a brain...

TMcGee86
6/14/2010, 02:30 PM
which I know is a stretch, but if OSU and Tech have a sliver of brains in their heads they will be forcing Texas to take the Pac10 deal.

Otherwise in four years when this thing is done and UT has their network up and running they are going to bolt, either for Independence or for the Big10, and you two idiots are going to be left holding the bag.

OU can catch on elsewhere, even though this is a colossally bad idea for OU, but if push comes to shove OU will be okay, but OSU and TTU will be screwed.

Beware Texas. He's selling nice sounding snake oil now but by the time you realize it's not really working for you he's going to have loaded up his stagecoach and moved on to greener pastures.

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 02:35 PM
Texas won't become an independent. Even Notre Dame can't survive as a true independent. If they could they wouldn't have joined the Big East for everything other than football.

And I don't think they can keep it up next time TV renegotiations roll around unless they stop playing ****ty football - which they can't unless they relax their admissions requirements, which they won't do.

My prediction: they'll wait till their TV contract is up and then give in and join the Big Ten. And I bet the Big Ten knows it and is content to wait them out.

TMcGee86
6/14/2010, 02:51 PM
I think that's most likely as well. I think this is why Missou was suddenly off the table.

goingoneight
6/14/2010, 03:15 PM
This thread title is another thing I doubt.

OUinFLA
6/14/2010, 03:27 PM
I had to open this thread to see what fantasy story was about to unfold.

Im dissappointed to say the least, but, I really couldnt fathom a reasonable finish to the thread title.

my opening line would be.......

They would take it out in it's jar for a walk in the sunshine, and accidently drop it on the sidewalk.

The End

sooner59
6/14/2010, 05:58 PM
This thread title is another thing I doubt.

Yep.