PDA

View Full Version : ***The Official WORLD CUP Thread***

TUSooner
6/14/2010, 01:55 PM
It may have 7 posts all month, but it needed to be started! :D
I am listening to the ESPNRadio.com broadcast on the innerweb because I can't use ESPN3 at work. And the ESPNSoccernet Gamecast is pretty good. It has some decent written commentary in the often sardonic British style, and you can watch video highlights of shots (etc) within 2 or 3 minutes of the play.

sooner_born_1960
6/14/2010, 01:56 PM
IS that thing STILL going on?

tommieharris91
6/14/2010, 03:51 PM
So do I post "LOL Italy didn't look good!!" here or in the other thread?

Scott D
6/14/2010, 04:35 PM
Italy looked old, slow, and gimpy. Luckily for them, they have probably the weakest group in the tournament.

TUSooner
6/15/2010, 06:14 PM
Italy looked old, slow, and gimpy. Luckily for them, they have probably the weakest group in the tournament.

I don't like them anyway. In my mind, they lead the world in diving, cheap fouls, crybabies, and dull, cynical, games. BUt maybe that's just Serie A.

TUSooner
6/16/2010, 09:33 AM
Is Spain looking sluggish? Unlucky? I expected them to be up by 2 already. I guess when they put Cesc in the fireworks will start.

GottaHavePride
6/16/2010, 01:31 PM
Or not.

So far I've watched every game (Chile / Honduras still waiting on the DVR) and Germany is the only team that looks significantly better than the pack. (I won't discuss worse... Yes, Greece, I'm looking at you.)

TUSooner
6/16/2010, 03:15 PM
Is Spain looking sluggish? Unlucky? I expected them to be up by 2 already. I guess when they put Cesc in the fireworks will start.

That was so wrong, and Fabregas never got in, did he? My Swiss friend is over the moon, though. :D

TUSooner
6/16/2010, 03:16 PM
Also, I think this thread may be redundant (after all) and could be merged with the USA Soccer thread. :O

TUSooner
7/6/2010, 03:47 PM
A few weeks ago that Holland would be my favorite after the USA and England. But after watching them flop and play dead for the last 2 games, I decided I don't actually like them. At some point late in today's game I wanted Uruguay to pull of a miracle and tie that sucker up.
I also decided a few weeks ago that I wasn't going to like Germany based on past years' peformances. But having seen them play their last few games, I decided I actually like them after all. Go figure.

So here's hoping for Germany to beat Holland in the Final and for Uruguay to beat Spain for 3rd place.

TUSooner
7/6/2010, 03:47 PM
Ohhhhhh pfft. Wrong thread. Whatever

Serge Ibaka
7/6/2010, 04:08 PM
I agree. Germany seems to be the club to root for.

Young/excited guys; play hard and don't flop; fantastic uniforms.

It just sucks that they're Germany. But oh well.

TUSooner
7/7/2010, 05:49 PM
Wow. Spain showed up to play. Germany is lucky it was only 1-0.

CatfishSooner
7/8/2010, 07:56 PM
Go Dutch