PDA

View Full Version : Must Have 2 more schools!

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 01:24 PM
Or else OU/Texas goes to december@jerryworld to compete with CCGs. That's what FOX will want.

BYU & Memphis are worth it to keep OU/Texas in October.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 01:26 PM
why would you want to compete with CCGs?

MeMyself&Me
6/14/2010, 01:26 PM
Hah, beat me by a few seconds. Just one more reason to hate this new deal.

royalfan5
6/14/2010, 01:27 PM
why would you want to compete with CCGs?

Because the network says so.

noobalicious
6/14/2010, 01:28 PM
This whole deal is bull**** on a stick

JohnnyMack
6/14/2010, 01:32 PM
Memphis? Are you serious? You'd trade Nebraska for Memphis?

Sooner Among The Pack
6/14/2010, 01:35 PM
This is a good thread illustrating why the Big "X" is a horrible idea.

soonervegas
6/14/2010, 01:36 PM
BYU is definitely worth it......

This better be just posturing are the OU fans are going to be so far up Joe C.'s rear on this. Let's see:

Give UT MORE control
Play in a glorified SWC
Lose OU/Texas in October

Is this a joke?

Dio
6/14/2010, 01:38 PM
Is this seriously on the table?

noobalicious
6/14/2010, 01:38 PM
Give UT MORE control
Lose OU/Texas in October

+ No CCG

And the funny thing is they'll try to sell it by putting the tradition bow on the whole package.

(sigh) :rolleyes:

MeMyself&Me
6/14/2010, 01:39 PM
BYU is definitely worth it......

This better be just posturing are the OU fans are going to be so far up Joe C.'s rear on this. Let's see:

Give UT MORE control
Play in a glorified SWC
Lose OU/Texas in October

Is this a joke?

If this happens, it will rank up there as one of the worst events in Sooner history for me. Just thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach.

mehip
6/14/2010, 01:41 PM
Memphis? Are you serious? You'd trade Nebraska for Memphis?
^
This. The Big 12 is about to become the WAC in everything but name. Hell, the MWC was able to improve it's offering in all this and what does this band of Texas sycophants offer us ****ing Memphis. **** that.

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 01:43 PM
ok.ok.ok maybe I should have said:

BYU and AFA.

noobalicious
6/14/2010, 01:51 PM
http://spty.tw/69g

A 10-team Big 12 would be the same as the old 11-team Big Ten -- a top-heavy league schedule and no championship game.

For years, the Big Ten -- and mostly Ohio State -- has absorbed shot after shot for winning a mediocre conference, gaining a spot in the BCS national championship game and then taking a licking. And, really, the former 10-team Pac-10 wasn't much different. Non-conference schedule aside, how treacherous were USC's treks through the Pac-10 powers to those national championship games?

If a 10-team Big 12 emerges, it will do without a title game and seemingly Oklahoma and Texas would play for the national title if either team runs the table. Now, there could be consequences in terms of strength of schedule, but if Texas and Oklahoma start the season ranked in the top 10, which both likely will, an undefeated regular season would seemingly pave the way for the Horns or Sooners to play for the BCS title.

Meanwhile, the gauntlet that is the SEC remains the toughest in college football, and a new, 12-team Big Ten with a championship game, just got a little trickier.

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 01:54 PM
A Big XII without a conference championship game and without a serious threat in the North division is a joke.

I say forget grasping at straws to save the Big 12. We're going to the BIG PAC.

virginiasooner
6/14/2010, 01:59 PM
I hope the Pac Ten and the Big Teneleven burn in hell for all eternity.

JohnnyMack
6/14/2010, 02:02 PM
A Big XII without a conference championship game and without a serious threat in the North division is a joke.

For us, Okie State, KU and other schools this makes sense. But Texas, who has all the power here because of the sheer size of the state they're in is making the rules right now and Beebe is sucking longhorn **** right now. Texas doesn't want to go to a conference where the can't have a network and are forced to take an equitable split of revenue. They're Texas after all.

Now, OU, OSU, A&M and KU will just ****ing take it because they don't have the collective balls to stand up to Texas and join the ****ing PAC whatever.

Will we make more money with this new deal? Allegedly. Where Beebe is pulling these numbers from is a ****ing mystery and I don't know where they'll come up the cash. They're gonna renegotiate a TV deal minus two of their major teams and markets? Who's running that deal Goldman Sachs or Obama?

This deal ****ing sucks. Our conference will suck and Texas is the one who ****ed it up and I can't believe we'll just go along with it like dumb ****ing okies. Tom Osborne is probably laughing his old *** off right now saying, "well Barry, it took me 25 year, but I finally got you!!!!"

mehip
6/14/2010, 02:02 PM
ok.ok.ok maybe I should have said:

BYU and AFA.

You can add a dozen teams like this and you will never fill the competitive void left by Nebraska. We would just have another dozen Missouris and Baylors. If we want to keep this conference together for a long time then we need a school that will have a great future like Neb has....sure, they have been down but so were we and so was Texas before Brown got things rolling.

The Pac proposal at least offered a traditional powerhouse in USC who will get things rolling again once they get past the mess they have created for themselves.

JohnnyMack
6/14/2010, 02:03 PM
Texas should go independent.

A&M can go to the SEC.

We should join the PAC with osu, tech, Colorado, Utah and Kansas. It'd be better than the **** ****ing deal we're getting from Beebe.

MeMyself&Me
6/14/2010, 02:04 PM
Had a look at Hornfans and Texags, their fans are hating this new deal as well. When these people come away from this meeting, they're going to have some splaining to do...

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 02:05 PM
The Pac proposal at least offered a traditional powerhouse in USC who will get things rolling again once they get past the mess they have created for themselves.

Yeah with the expense of a 16 team conference, fewer chances at BCS CG, more travel, PST games, and a shiaty TV contract.

Sorry a 10 team BIG12 is still better than PAC10+CU.

KantoSooner
6/14/2010, 02:11 PM
We've lost a football school of legend and a school with a legit claim to a top 20 television market.
BYU doesn't equate to either
Boise is no longer available
Who? Who can give the B12 credible football on a national level AND bring us an important media market that we don't already own? Hint: you're not allowed to pick schools who are already raking in more than the delusional $ that are being bandied about by the B12 commissioners. You'd have to do something like get FSU and Miami to enhance what we had. Maybe if we could entice ND to move to the B12? I know! We can get Hawaii and Boston College and then advertise 'From Sea to Shining Sea - America's 12!'
You gather, from the absurdity of the examples, that the B12 is either gone or will live on in a much diminished way. I simply do not see any solution. And Beebe's rampant heroin/crack smoking ideas that he can take the Texas Ten and get more money than the B12 is nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of a very modestly talented man about to lose a salary that he has never been worth and that he won't earn anything close to for the balance of his pathetic life.

Dio
6/14/2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah with the expense of a 16 team conference, fewer chances at BCS CG, more travel, PST games, and a shiaty TV contract.

You know, it's funny- when the Pac 16 move looked most likely, you were jumping up and down about how we we just being *'s b*tch, yada, yada, yada. Now that the likely scenario really would make us *'s b*tch, you love it. What gives?

OUthunder
6/14/2010, 02:12 PM
I'll trade Nebraska for Utah. BYU wouldn't be bad either. I still think that TCU would be a good choice to replace CU or take one of the New Mexico Schools or Fresno State.

soonervegas
6/14/2010, 02:14 PM
This could very well be the day that Joe C. is letting the country know loud and clear that was are just a UT patsy.

crawfish
6/14/2010, 02:15 PM
I think the only answer here is that the Iowa State lobby is a lot more powerful than anybody gives it credit for.

Dio
6/14/2010, 02:16 PM
I think the only answer here is that the Iowa State lobby is a lot more powerful than anybody gives it credit for.

well, they are in the AAU....

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 02:17 PM
You know, it's funny- when the Pac 16 move looked most likely, you were jumping up and down about how we we just being *'s b*tch, yada, yada, yada. Now that the likely scenario really would make us *'s b*tch, you love it. What gives?

Not sure what you are talking about.

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 02:18 PM

USC, plus UCLA and Cal have been decent in the past - they might do well while USC is in the penalty box. Oregon also could make a decent move with USC out of the way. Arizona State is typically a decently strong team - sort of a Pac-10 equivalent to Tech. The Pac-10 isn't exactly a football wasteland.

Plus, basketball in that league could be very interesting.

mehip
6/14/2010, 02:22 PM

You're delusional. A 10 team Big 12 is simply The Big 2 plus 8 hangers on. I'd rather spend my time in Tempe or S. Cal and the Bay than crappy College Station, Waco, and Columbia. And, we already have a ****ty tv contract...nothing is worse than FSW.

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 02:25 PM
You're delusional. A 10 team Big 12 is simply The Big 2 plus 8 hangers on. I'd rather spend my time in Tempe or S. Cal and the Bay than crappy College Station, Waco, and Columbia. And, we already have a ****ty tv contract...nothing is worse than FSW.

We have the 3rd highest paying contract and the only two in front of us had more recent contracts and the BIG10 has like a 18 year premium built in.

You may rather spend your time in Tempe but viewers want UT and OU more than Oregon State and WSU.

Dio
6/14/2010, 02:26 PM
Not sure what you are talking about.

OK, my bad- you weren't one of the pro-Big XII group saying we were *'s b*tch to go west, but you did say "The BIG12 is not 'dead'. It will be a lesser conference..." I don't see how being in a lesser conference, run by Deloss Dodds with his hand up Beebe's puppet *** serves OU in the slightest.

Peach Fuzz
6/14/2010, 02:28 PM
For some reason, I really don't want to be here with NE gone, add some bullstank powderpuffs, and call TX daddy for a couple+ more years... Imo... everyone outside of TX looks like a vgina and youd think a vgina could only take so much...

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 02:31 PM
I don't see how being in a lesser conference, run by Deloss Dodds with his hand up Beebe's puppet *** serves OU in the slightest.

OU will be just fine in whatever conference we end up in. The BIG12(-), PAC--, SEC or MWC and we’d still get a BCS bid, play UT (con or no-con)and still bring in +80 million in revenues.

The cost of flying every sport around the PAC—may not be subsidized by the alleged new PAC—TV contract.

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 02:32 PM
You may rather spend your time in Tempe but viewers want UT and OU more than Oregon State and WSU.

Yes, but think how much TV attention we'll get playing all those west coast schools. All their fans will turn in to watch their team show the "ignorant rednecks" what a "real" football team looks like - because you KNOW they all think we only win so much because we're in a crap conference. And everyone ELSE in the country will watch to see the high and mighty left-coasters taken down a peg by real football teams.

Peach Fuzz
6/14/2010, 02:37 PM
Yes, but think how much TV attention we'll get playing all those west coast schools. All their fans will turn in to watch their team show the "ignorant rednecks" what a "real" football team looks like - because you KNOW they all think we only win so much because we're in a crap conference. And everyone ELSE in the country will watch to see the high and mighty left-coasters taken down a peg by real football teams.

OR the 'big dogs' get taken down by some wanna bes.... ^^ right on the $

tfoolry
6/14/2010, 02:40 PM
I don't mind having a Big teX conf. with no CCG as long as OU/tx winner is penciled in the BCS NC game.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 03:00 PM

if there wasn't a CCG that would mean there isn't a north division.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 03:02 PM

OR watch their refs screw us week after week?