PDA

View Full Version : Billy Liucci (texags): Big12 is saved!

TMcGee86
6/14/2010, 11:40 AM
if this is true there is no God.

We just joined the worst conference in the country.

:(

meoveryouxinfinity
6/14/2010, 11:43 AM
a new Big XII will be controlled by UT.

PDXsooner
6/14/2010, 11:49 AM
If true, we just joined the SWC

sooner518
6/14/2010, 11:51 AM
please say it aint so! surely Joe C and Boren have more sense than this!

sooner_born_1960
6/14/2010, 11:51 AM
Is the SEC still looking to expand? OU doesn't have to follow Texas around.

ndpruitt03
6/14/2010, 11:52 AM
The Big 12 doesn't have 12 teams, it is not saved.

sooner_born_1960
Without a CCG, I want no part of this.

John Kochtoston

^^^^^
This.

NormanPride
6/14/2010, 11:53 AM
Did something new happen? All I see over on Texags is the normal stuff. A&M is still predicted to go to the SEC, right?

Sooner Among The Pack
6/14/2010, 11:54 AM
And if the Big X is saved, we've just made a big mistake. I can't believe OU's brass would stick with Beebe and submit entirely to Texas' wishes.

sooner_born_1960
6/14/2010, 11:55 AM
OU appeared ready to do whatever Texas wanted, anyway.

Mississippi Sooner
6/14/2010, 11:55 AM

Does that mean the conference champion gets to go to the Cotton Bowl every year?

Sooner Among The Pack
6/14/2010, 11:57 AM

That may be true, but allowing UT to have it's own network and make an extra $3-4 million/year after 3 years? How does that benefit Oklahoma?

I'll believe this $20 million TV revenue deal Beebe is flaunting when I see it.

spanielboy
6/14/2010, 12:04 PM
The information is too fresh to really know if it is the case, but it doesn't look good. Hopefully A&M can negotiate some concessions out of the Horns to make it more palatable, but rather stick it to them in the negotiations to have them say, "Screw you all."

The chickens have come to roost. Wonder what Joe C has to say now about their partners in Austin? :pop:

Did this scenario did not occur to you all that Texas will double-cross you all in the end? The problem may be that Texas A&M may be politically strong-armed into hanging out with the in-law's family reunion against our will for the next 20+ years.

I guess A&M's only hope is for OU to say buh-bye to the Big12-Lite, and that will effectively kill the Big12-Lite, regardless of what that puppet Chip Brown has to say. Will OU do it?

Octavian
6/14/2010, 12:04 PM
The Big XII-II is a terrible option for OU. Not only will UT have a complete and total control over this new situation --even more than they currently enjoy --but it will be a national joke.

The BCS is all about perception, and w/out Nebraska and a CCG, we just became the new Big East

We have a Pac-10 invite and the BOR is scheduled to meet Wednesday -- we should take the offer and run....with or without Texas, osu, or anybody else

Octavian
6/14/2010, 12:07 PM
We'll be able to sell every Texas kid in the state about seeing California, playing in the Rose Bowl -- we'll really have something to differentiate ourselves from the Texas schools again....like we did with the Orange Bowl in the Switzer era.

Plus we'll have incredible new exposure in California and we'll tap into awesome new recruiting pipelines all for ourselves. Throw in the academics....its a win-win for OU.

Big 12 Lite is a good name for this...that's exactly what it will be.

htownsooner7
6/14/2010, 12:10 PM
Have to think more dominoes fall. We can't just lose Colorado and Nebraska without out doing something to counter the loss.

TMcGee86
6/14/2010, 12:11 PM
Now the NYTimes is saying Big12's AD has claimed the musical chairs are over and the Big12 is saved.

I'm now praying this is the ultimate game of chicken and A&M and UT are going to come away today saying they did everything they could to save the Big12 but that the other one, when behind closed doors, would not commit fully.

Otherwise I will never forgive Joe C. Might as well call us Lemming U. at this point. Only Texas has a parachute, we simply followed them off the cliff.

Big Red Ron
6/14/2010, 12:13 PM
We're gone! The Pac 10 announcement could come as soon as tomorrow.

badger
We can call ourselves the Big 10... no, not the Big Ten, the Big 10. NUMERALS, not LETTERS! Can't you tell the difference?

We could also be the Big X... no, not the "Big Ex," the Big (roman numeral letter for the number) 10!

Or, because Texas will continue to be perceived as the one calling the shots, we could be the Big *.

Not the Big Star, not the Big Lone Star, the Big Asterisk.

Tex-asterisk :rolleyes:

Soonez
Wow. How crazy will this get. Worst case option now is to continue with big 12 lite.

noobalicious
6/14/2010, 12:18 PM
We made this easier for Beebe by all declaring that we'd follow Texas off a bridge. Basically, he has to target one school, and tailor his offer to that school. In the new Big 12 we would be nothing but peons to Texas and they would pull in the most money by far. Look at what Beebe threw in the package - the ability to build your own TV network. Texas has said for awhile they want to do that, and they actually have the following and resources to do it. It's pretty obvious that Beebe is singing his overtures to Texas, and Texas only. This is ridiculous.

If the Horns want to just dominate a watered down Big 12, then I say we pack up with the Aggies and go to the SEC.

Sooner in Tampa
6/14/2010, 12:22 PM
If the Horns want to just dominate a watered down Big 12, then I say we pack up with the Aggies and go to the SEC.

^^^ THIS!!!!

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 12:27 PM
I'll believe this $20 million TV revenue deal Beebe is flaunting when I see it.

More probable than the PAC16 getting $20 million per. But no one on this board questioned that claim.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 12:30 PM
if this is true there is no God.

We just joined the worst conference in the country.

:(
Sensationalized silliness.

sooner518
6/14/2010, 12:31 PM
good news! we can save on graphic designers to come up with our new conference logo!
http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/1/1f/SWC_logo.jpg

Raider Power
6/14/2010, 12:33 PM
Flyover Conference should be the name of this abomination.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 12:34 PM
Orangebloods are saying that all ten teams are in agreement to save the conference so they are following Bebee over the cliff.

OU_Sooners75
6/14/2010, 12:36 PM
If the Big 12 had a commissioner with some balls and the knowledge of what he is doing...then I would not mind sticking with the Big 12 (10)...but with Texas trying to make their own network?

To me, I think OU needs to go somewhere else....hell go knocking on the Mountain West Door....the Big 12 is a freaking joke with Nebraska and Colorado gone!

yermom
6/14/2010, 12:37 PM
while it would be nice to stick together, losing CU and NU kinda makes me wonder why

but moving to the Pac-10 seems a bit drastic just for that reason

if the Big 12 is going to be viable they better start looking for teams to poach

noobalicious
6/14/2010, 12:38 PM
Orangebloods are saying that all ten teams are in agreement to save the conference so they are following Bebee over the cliff.

Worst. Possible. Choice.

King Barry's Back
6/14/2010, 12:48 PM
We made this easier for Beebe by all declaring that we'd follow Texas off a bridge. Basically, he has to target one school, and tailor his offer to that school. In the new Big 12 we would be nothing but peons to Texas and they would pull in the most money by far. Look at what Beebe threw in the package - the ability to build your own TV network. Texas has said for awhile they want to do that, and they actually have the following and resources to do it. It's pretty obvious that Beebe is singing his overtures to Texas, and Texas only. This is ridiculous.

It's just a theory i have -- BUT -- I think all of you are overlooking something.

I do NOT believe that OU has the right to say "yes" to the Pac 10 w/o Texas.

It makes no sense for West Coast teams to have to cycle through Norman (and Stillwater!).

The reason the six-team scenario worked is that it delivered the drooled-over TX TV-market, and because it allowed for an east div - west -div split in the new Pact whatever.

If A&M goes to SEC, and TX stays put -- OU won't get a Pac 10 bid.

I believe this insight was a big part of why Joe C said "We go where TX goes." I think he was both accepting the fact that our bid was dependent on TX, and trying to make us look like better/more reliable partners for the UT brass.

I now believe that A&M's flirtation with the SEC may be the big fly in the ointment that screws up the whole pooch for the rest of us.

The Pac-10 came to town to sign up the whole state of TX TV market -- UT and A&M split it. If A&M goes a different direction, and the Pac 10 loses a big slice of the TX market, the whole deal may be off.

This new fact might well be the reason that a "new" Big XII is back in play.

Jeez. This is starting to get to me.

JPNSKER
6/14/2010, 12:52 PM

Truer words have never been spoken, dude. I'm really hoping OU comes out of this deal sitting OK, but frankly, ut is going to own this league even more than they do now.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/14/2010, 12:54 PM
It's just a theory i have -- BUT -- I think all of you are overlooking something.

It makes no sense for West Coast teams to have to cycle through Norman (and Stillwater!).

The reason the six-team scenario worked is that it delivered the drooled-over TX TV-market, and because it allowed for an east div - west -div split in the new Pact whatever.

I believe this insight was a big part of why Joe C said "We go where TX goes." I think he was both accepting the fact that our bid was dependent on TX, and trying to make us look like better/more reliable partners for the UT brass.

I now believe that A&M's flirtation with the SEC may be the big fly in the ointment that screws up the whole pooch for the rest of us.

The Pac-10 came to town to sign up the whole state of TX TV market -- UT and A&M split it. If A&M goes a different direction, and the Pac 10 loses a big slice of the TX market, the whole deal may be off.

I think the point is that both Texas and the Pac 10 know that if WE accept a bid to the Pac 10 and at least one other school (TT, OSU) accepts a bid to the Pac 10 OR A&M accepts a bid to the SEC, Texas will have no choice except going to the Pac 10. They would just be a little late.

Unless Texas had the Big 10 option--not the best choice for them, IMO.

Dio
6/14/2010, 12:54 PM

I have a hunch this is pretty close to what's happening. I can only hope Boren/ Joe C. are saying "Yay Little 12!" publicly and working every SEC connection they have privately. If Nebbish can parlay the Big 10's interest in Mizzou into an invite, why can't we do the same with the SEC/A&M?

sooner_born_1960
6/14/2010, 12:59 PM
I hope Dio is correct.

noobalicious
6/14/2010, 01:01 PM
I hope Dio is correct.

Me too. SEC is much preferable to a watered-down Big 12.

tfoolry
6/14/2010, 01:02 PM
Big teX conf.

Dio
6/14/2010, 01:05 PM
might as well rename the conference:
The Brown/Royal/McConaughey Great State Conference sponsored by Dell brought to you by Orangebloods.com

Heh.

cheezyq
6/14/2010, 01:05 PM
More probable than the PAC16 getting $20 million per. But no one on this board questioned that claim.

Seriously?

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/2009-2010-dma-ranks.pdf

Name all the markets the Big XII Lite would have vs. the proposed Pac16. I'd say there are quite a few more TVs in the Pac16 footprint. More TVs = More $$$

Warboc
6/14/2010, 01:07 PM
i can't see how OU would be in favor of making only 2/3 of what other universities in the conference are making. Equal revenue sharing is the way to go.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 01:10 PM
i can't see how OU would be in favor of making only 2/3 of what other universities in the conference are making. Equal revenue sharing is the way to go.

That will never happen not as long as David Boren is President of OU. That report from the UT and AM reports makes no sense.

spanielboy
6/14/2010, 01:18 PM

If this were actually the case, then why doesn't everyone continue on the merry path to the PAC-XX if A&M were to fall in-line? According to the ESPN ticker on Friday, the four of you all were headed to the PAC10. A&M's decision to go on its own path has nothing about Chip Brown's "fly in the ointment". That was were we would not blindly follow Texas to help them get stronger at our expense.

The offer to the SEC to OU, which has turned down on at least twice publically, is not dependent on A&M. A&M has its own offer and it is not dependent on OU. Texas has an offer the SEC too, as well as the Big10. I bet Oklahoma State and Texas Tech are not too happy with this development that may have them eventually end up in Conference USA if the Big12-Lite were to fail.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 01:21 PM
Dallas Morning News is reporting that the Texas Legislature has told UT and A&M not to be making any moves until they meet Wednesday. Bet this is the reason for Texas and A&M getting interested as they know their chances of breaking up are slim to none along with Baylor raising its head.

LiveLaughLove
6/14/2010, 01:48 PM
Joe C. helped birth the Big XII. He is all for saving it if he can according to what he said a few days ago.

His pride is getting in the way of smart decision making IF this is true that the Big XII is being saved and we are staying.

I don't believe it yet, so we will see. This is the absolute worst case scenario playing out before our eyes if these reports are true.

OUthunder
6/14/2010, 02:09 PM

Face it, we are their bitch!

RaiderAficionado
6/14/2010, 02:13 PM
I don't know how 3 schools (Tech, OSU, OU) wouldn't be able to force UT's hand in this deal.

The three schools need to go to the PAC-10, kill the Big 12, and force UT to come along, imo.

yankee
6/14/2010, 02:14 PM
I don't know how 3 schools (Tech, OSU, OU) wouldn't be able to force UT's hand in this deal.

The three schools need to go to the PAC-10, kill the Big 12, and force UT to come along, imo.

that would take balls, something i doubt all those administrators have.

kelloggOUballa
6/14/2010, 02:22 PM
Big 12 is the best for everyone. And Texas can't buy success on the field. We own the Big 12.

ndpruitt03
6/14/2010, 02:26 PM
His latest twitters seem to think that the B12 won't survive.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 02:28 PM
Texas Legislature told A&M and UT to hold off until they meet on Wednesday so politicians are not involved as usual.

noobalicious
6/14/2010, 02:31 PM
Good ol Billy with this gem:

Was just informed from sources that OU is 100% all-in with Texas, whether it's Big 12 or Pac-10

Sigh.

Ruf/Nek7
6/14/2010, 02:39 PM
Let's say OU, osu, and tech leave for the pac and a&m goes to the sec...screw texass , let them stay in the big 12 so they can have their own precious tv deal. Now, what I want to know is, if all that happens, is texass good enough to allow the "big-12" to maintain an automatic BCS bid? Side note, automatic BCS bids are only big talk for a couple more years. Then we will be talking about........playoffs?

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 02:41 PM
Found out where Bebee got his numbers -- seems the sports networks freaked out when they thought about having to fund a 16-team PAC 10 and decided to step forward to try and stop the runaway train according to Twitter. Fox News stepped forward with their offer. Some people in the know are still saying that Texas is doing this to get more out of PAC 10.

This whole deal is ludicrous that the rest of the Big 12 is allowing Texas to run this.

Bosley
6/14/2010, 02:47 PM
Beeebeee is just buying time before the trap door opens.

Staying with the big 12 would be the most foolish thing OU could do...all this got started because Texas treated every team north of the red river like a second class institution from a third world country. Nebraska made it very clear they wanted to get as far away from those honky *** holes as possible and then they did.

UT gets all their money from guys the put rubber testicles on their ford f-350 and mexicans that buy all their ****, then they throw it around to benefit the state of Texas at the expense of every other school and state.

Let's go to the Pac-10 and force their hand for once. The schools academic rankings would go up immediatly just for being associated with some of those school, we'd make more money, and Texas would be floating around in a weakened conference with OSU bein their stiffest competition. Think about that for a second. So if we left UT would follow US. I'm tired of this "let's go where texas goes" bull****, For the money and the student body size we have a vastly better athletics program pound for pound, let's throw our weight aroun for a change.

Captain Cob Mob
6/14/2010, 02:52 PM

One school could force UT's hand. Tell me, how the heck is UT going to salvage a Big 12, in hopes of National Championships, without Neb AND OU? The rest of the nation isn't that damned stupid. Seriously, UT could go to the MWC and get a rougher schedule with more credibility.

Raider Power
6/14/2010, 03:00 PM
I would be glad for TECH and OU to head west without UT.

oufan1
6/14/2010, 03:39 PM
That will never happen not as long as David Boren is President of OU. That report from the UT and AM reports makes no sense.

Some of you people are giving David Boren way too much credit...

oumartin
6/14/2010, 03:43 PM
face, OU has become Texas whipping boy on and off the field lately.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 03:44 PM
In the plan at ESPN OU, TX, A&M get $20M and up while the other members get $13 to $17M -- thought that was what started all of this in the first place -- uneven distribution.

Dio
6/14/2010, 03:46 PM
In the plan at ESPN OU, TX, A&M get $20M and up while the other members get $13 to $17M -- thought that was what started all of this in the first place -- uneven distribution.

Yeah, but it was the bugeaters griping about that, and they're gone.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 03:49 PM
What about Missouri who has been throwing a temper trantrum for years? Have they decided to sit down, shut up, and go along now that they got left out? It is so funny to write that!

Octavian
6/14/2010, 03:51 PM
What about Missouri who has been throwing a temper trantrum for years? Have they decided to sit down, shut up, and go along now that they got left out? It is so funny to write that!

No, in five years when the Big Ten wants to expand again, Mizzou will run...not walk.

And then we're back in the exact same position. And who knows if we have the same national image at that time? We don't.

In the Big 12 Lite, every program will be looking over their shoulder and have one foot out the door.

TMcGee86
6/14/2010, 04:11 PM
No, in five years when the Big Ten wants to expand again, Mizzou will run...not walk.

And then we're back in the exact same position. And who knows if we have the same national image at that time? We don't.

In the Big 12 Lite, every program will be looking over their shoulder and have one foot out the door.

Not only that but there's no guarantee that the other conferences will go to 16 or have four spots open if they want to go to 16.

So we are either forced to somehow split from OSU, or else give up a shot at conferences that dont want little brother.

kelloggOUballa
6/14/2010, 04:14 PM
With Texas as a PIC, we don't have to worry. If we do indeed go to the "Super-Conference Era", and we and Texas are committed to the Big 12, the Big 12 will expand-- possibly into Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Memphis, etc. Everyone covets Texas, and even more so an OU-Texas duo. If we stick with it, it will be the Big 12 that expands into the greatest Super Conference.

SoonerMom2
6/14/2010, 04:16 PM
In order for the Big 12 to expand and become major we need a new Big 12 Commissioner that doesn't sit on his backside while Rome is burning. Bebee should have become active the minute the Big 10 said they were looking instead of doing zero, zip, nada!

Widescreen
6/14/2010, 04:25 PM

That won't matter. Texas and Beebe will just proclaim that a 9-team Big 12 is twice as strong as the 10 team version with several million more $$$ available. :rolleyes:

Tigeman
6/14/2010, 04:25 PM
With Texas as a PIC, we don't have to worry. If we do indeed go to the "Super-Conference Era", and we and Texas are committed to the Big 12, the Big 12 will expand-- possibly into Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Memphis, etc. Everyone covets Texas, and even more so an OU-Texas duo. If we stick with it, it will be the Big 12 that expands into the greatest Super Conference.

Louisiana???? I want some of what your smoking! Name one school there that's worth anything that would consider leaving the SEC???? LSU could get screwed by the SEC and still wouldn't leave!

kelloggOUballa
6/14/2010, 04:39 PM
Louisiana???? I want some of what your smoking! Name one school there that's worth anything that would consider leaving the SEC???? LSU could get screwed by the SEC and still wouldn't leave!

If the Big 12 plays its cards right, they will. In the end, I think the Pac-10 will expand with some key Mountain West schools, the Big 12 will expand with SEC West and/or Big 10 schools, the SEC will expand with some key ACC Schools, the Big 10 will expand with Notre Dame and some key Big East schools, and the leftovers from the ACC and Big East will merge.

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 04:39 PM

This is just goofy. Who are we going to expand to those places with? Arkansas - Pine Bluff, U-La-Lafayette, University of Phoenix, U of Northern Colorado, Utah State, and Memphis? That'd be a great conference.

No way in hell is anyone with a big enough name and TV market leaving the Pac-10 or SEC to join a lame-duck Big 12.

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 04:42 PM
No way in hell is anyone with a big enough name and TV market leaving the Pac-10 or SEC to join a lame-duck Big 12.

If the new PAC__ contract doesn't top $10 million per you could see UA and ASU shop around.

Besides other good market schools have been mentioned that aren't in the pAC-10 or SEC

oumartin
6/14/2010, 04:45 PM
Notre Dame to the Big 12!

soonerboy_odanorth
6/14/2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah, but it was the bugeaters griping about that, and they're gone.

Actually, that is not what NU was upset about. When the conference first formed they were all over it, and it was a big carrot for them in letting the mostly floundering SWC schools join with the Big 8. NU was the bell-cow then, Texas was playing catch-up, and in fact, KSU, CU, and aTm all had their football programs rolling in comparison to where Texas and OU were. You know... the dark days.

But that carrot plus the potential resurgence of Texas and OU was what made the Big XII immediately a power player in the college football landscape.

Fast forward to this fiasco... it was Mizzou griping about the way revenue was split. Though NU didn't like getting out-voted 11-1 on a lot of other issues like the conference championship game, mainly they didn't like it that Texas was simultaneously holding current sway over the direction of the conference and holding the conference hostage with their flirtation with the Big 10. Remember, it was Texas who had conversations with the Big 10 immediately following Mizzou throwing themselves at the Big 10, not NU.

NU does not deserve any blame in this process. They were forced to play hardball, and frankly did a better job of it than Texas.

It does make you wonder why the heck we have stayed so far off on the sidelines.

The only answer has to be that Boren and Castiglione want us to come out of this smelling like a rose, politically.

I for one hope we have something to say before this is all done.

P.S. Anyone else notice how quiet Notre Dame is right now?

KantoSooner
6/14/2010, 04:48 PM
Please help me by listing the schools who are
1) not in the Pac 10, SEC or Big 10-11-12 (whatever they call themselves, perhaps 'Dead End/Rustbelt/19th century economy Conference')
2)Strong football schools (bonus if they are also strong at at least one other sport)
3) located in large media markets with dedicated fanbase.

BrrrrBrrrrBrrrr, your time is up!

Because they don't exist. Boise and BYU were the only ones close and they are not available.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 04:51 PM
1) not in the Pac 10, SEC or Big 10-11-12 (whatever they call themselves, perhaps 'Dead End/Rustbelt/19th century economy Conference')
2)Strong football schools (bonus if they are also strong at at least one other sport)

So what....UNL and CU barely fit your requirements.

Both AFA and BYU will be invited within the next few weeks. AFA is likely and if BYU says no then they'll look at UNM.

rawlingsHOH
6/14/2010, 04:54 PM

Both AFA and BYU will be invited within the next few weeks. AFA is likely and if BYU says no then they'll look at UNM.

That intrigues me. Don't know much about the school though.

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 05:05 PM

We'll be in the Pac-16 by then.

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 05:07 PM
We'll be in the Pac-16 by then.

Sorry....the good guys win this one and we stay in the BIG12.

PrideTrombone
6/14/2010, 05:09 PM

NEW MEXICO? Are you ****ing kidding me? You're excited about replacing a program with 5 national championships (and another with one) with goddamn New Mexico? I'll even give you BYU as an even trade for Colorado. That leaves us Air Force for Nebraska. Ummm... does not compute. That's like trading Lebron James for Tiny Gallon.

Widescreen
6/14/2010, 05:12 PM
Sorry....the good guys win this one and we stay in the BIG12.

If "good guys" = "UT", you're exactly right.

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 05:14 PM
NEW MEXICO? Are you ****ing kidding me? You're excited about replacing a program with 5 national championships (and another with one) with goddamn New Mexico?

I never said "excited" i just said that's where they'll look after BYU. UNL is not all that....they may even get worse if their texas recruiting takes a dive.

PrideTrombone
6/14/2010, 05:18 PM
They might not be "all that," but they're damn sure a bigger draw than BYU, AFA, or UNM. In fact, they're probably a bigger draw than all 3 put together.

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 05:20 PM
Whatever their current relevance to the national championship landscape miht be, Nebraska is a program with pull on the scale of Michigan.

Sooner5030
6/14/2010, 05:22 PM
Whatever their current relevance to the national championship landscape miht be, Nebraska is a program with pull on the scale of Michigan.

At least UNL has learned to throw on 3rd and long.

ric311
6/14/2010, 05:34 PM
I can't believe this is happening to you guys. You deserve much better. I really hope your admin tells Beebe and UT to suck it. While the Pac wouldn't be ideal for you, it would be one hell of a lot better than whatever piece of garbage UT is putting together. And make no mistake, it's UT that's putting this piece of crap together.

OU delivers a lot more than you may believe. Northern Texas and the entire state of Oklahoma. That's a lot of TV sets. You have some pull, here. Use it.

sooner59
6/14/2010, 05:53 PM
If we pick up New Mexico, they should take away our auto-BCS birth. That would just be embarrassing.

yermom
6/14/2010, 06:10 PM
the Pac-10 move makes no sense if it's just OU and CU

East Coast Bias
6/14/2010, 06:14 PM
Like it or not Texas is the prize all these conferences want, including the SEC. I like the idea of OU, and the other B12 bitches going straight to the Pac 10. Lets see what Texas does then? Unfortunately none of the AD's have any cods and have already been to bed with Texas.......

Leroy Lizard
6/14/2010, 06:19 PM
the Pac-10 move makes no sense if it's just OU and CU

I think it makes perfect sense for us, but not the Pac-10.

yermom
6/14/2010, 06:27 PM
without the other 4 teams, our conference schedule would be brutal when it comes to travel

stoopified
6/15/2010, 07:50 AM

Both AFA and BYU will be invited within the next few weeks. AFA is likely and if BYU says no then they'll look at UNM.I'd rather have TCU and Cincinatti.

King Barry's Back
6/15/2010, 08:38 AM

BrrrrBrrrrBrrrr, your time is up!

Because they don't exist. Boise and BYU were the only ones close and they are not available.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

BYU could be available. Boise is neither a strong football school nor is it located in a large media market, nor does it have much of a dedicated fanbase.

And I am not bitter about that Fiesta Bowl.

TMcGee86
6/15/2010, 10:33 AM
Forget it, we are staying at 10. The TV deal is the only reason this abortion of a conference exists and that deal calls for ten teams.

Sooner in Tampa
6/15/2010, 10:35 AM
I'd rather have TCU and Cincinatti.
^^^^ THIS