PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Bob Etheridge Assaults College Kid

MR2-Sooner86
6/14/2010, 10:54 AM
v60oNUoHBYM

Yeah...I would've knocked his *** out. I told you people in my last thread, watch out. Liberals get dangerous under the influence of alcohol.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/14/2010, 11:13 AM
Maybe he's a CSI fan.

Leroy Lizard
6/14/2010, 11:29 AM
"Assault" is a little strong, but you can't act like that as a public servant. Bobby Knight was fired for doing less than that.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/14/2010, 11:59 AM
Assault is NOT a strong word here. By all standards, that is assault.

The only question is if battery is applicable.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/14/2010, 12:15 PM

The only question is if battery is applicable.It's OK. He's a democrat, and they are allowed such behavior.

Hot Rod
6/14/2010, 12:36 PM
http://etheridge.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=190412

Washington, DC, Jun 14 - U.S. Rep. Bob Etheridge (D-Lillington) released the following statement on the viral video which appeared on the internet today:

“I have seen the video posted on several blogs. I deeply and profoundly regret my reaction and I apologize to all involved. Throughout my many years of service to the people of North Carolina, I have always tried to treat people from all viewpoints with respect. No matter how intrusive and partisan our politics can become, this does not justify a poor response. I have and I will always work to promote a civil public discourse.”

Rep. Bob Etheridge (NC-02)

OUMallen
6/14/2010, 12:41 PM
"Assault" is a little strong, but you can't act like that as a public servant.

You can't act like that at all with anyone. It's not egregious, but it's kinda ridiculous.

OUMallen
6/14/2010, 12:42 PM

The only question is if battery is applicable.

It's absolutely a tortious battery. Not sure about criminally.

Leroy Lizard
6/14/2010, 12:47 PM
What astonishes me was the "attack" was so unprovoked. The interviewer didn't even heckle him. What would he do if TMZ followed him around.

47straight
6/14/2010, 01:11 PM
Criminal battery.

Tortious battery.

Tortious trespass to chattels (took his phone).

1983 Civil Rights violation?

AlbqSooner
6/14/2010, 06:28 PM
Assault and Battery are on tape, both criminal and civil. Because he failed to let go of the guy when told to do so, it could also be kidnapping. "I have a right to know who you are". No you don't dill weed. He is a guy standing on a public sidewalk asking questions.

You have the right to keep walking, but not the right to know who that is. Just ask Arizona.:D

VeeJay
6/14/2010, 09:14 PM
What gets me is the last couple of seconds of the video. He grabs the youngster by the scruff of the neck, then suddenly hugs him like he's posing for a photo op when the camera is rolling.

And this jabroney is 67 years old.

Jesus God in Heaven.

achiro
6/14/2010, 09:49 PM
I'm not saying what the politician did was right at all but from his side some ****** bag comes up and shoves something in your face(turns out it's a camera phone) and won't tell you who he is or what he wants, I'm not real sure how I would react to it either.

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 09:55 PM
I'm not saying what the politician did was right at all but from his side some ****** bag comes up and shoves something in your face(turns out it's a camera phone) and won't tell you who he is or what he wants, I'm not real sure how I would react to it either.

He's a congressman. By now he should be used to the idea that everything he does everywhere is probably on film.

Leroy Lizard
6/14/2010, 09:57 PM

"No comment"?

"I appreciate your enthusiasm fellas, but I don't have time right now to answer questions"?

Or how about just keeping on walking?

How about answering the questions?

GottaHavePride
6/14/2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah, random-fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum forbid a politician should be prepared to respond to unexpected questions.

(I would have said God except he's a commie pinko heathen liberal, right?)

Leroy Lizard
6/14/2010, 10:46 PM
You have to understand the thought processes of the politician.

"Looks pretty young, probably not a voter."

"He doesn't look like he has any money to give my campaign."

Leroy Lizard
6/14/2010, 10:57 PM
“I have seen the video posted on several blogs. I deeply and profoundly regret my reaction and I apologize to all involved. Throughout my many years of service to the people of North Carolina, I have always tried to treat people from all viewpoints with respect. No matter how intrusive and partisan our politics can become, this does not justify a poor response. I have and I will always work to promote a civil public discourse.”

A number of things.

1. Why can't politicians just apologize without resorting to marketing? ("Throughout my many years of service to the people of North Carolina...," "I have and I will always work to promote a civil public discourse.")

2. Why can't politicians just apologize without playing the political card? ("No matter how intrusive and partisan our politics can become...")

King Barry's Back
6/15/2010, 02:07 PM
You have to understand the thought processes of the politician.

"Looks pretty young, probably not a voter."

"He doesn't look like he has any money to give my campaign."

That's probably not it.

he probably looked at the kids and thought "Who's campaign are they working for? Probably not mine."

I'd give Congressman Etheridge a break on this one, but I be few in NC are going to join me on that.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/15/2010, 02:09 PM
That's probably not it.

he probably looked at the kids and thought "Who's campaign are they working for? Probably not mine."

I'd give Congressman Etheridge a break on this one, but I be few in NC are going to join me on that.his audio response was fine. The video response...uh, NO!