PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want Charlie Crist?

SoonerNate
6/13/2010, 08:03 PM
You can have him. He's the worst governor of all time. He's proven that he'll sell his soul for a vote.

Go Marco!!!

Leroy Lizard
6/13/2010, 08:41 PM
Is this over something happening today, or just in general?

OUinFLA
6/13/2010, 10:21 PM
Im guessing "general".
However, today opens lots of room for speculation.

Leroy Lizard
6/13/2010, 10:36 PM
Something must have happened then that I missed on the news.

AlbqSooner
6/14/2010, 06:30 AM
Something must have happened then that I missed on the news.

WHAT A FREAKIN SHOCK!:eek:

SoonerNate
10/20/2010, 08:27 PM
Like the other libs, Crist is getting hammered and will lose in 2 weeks!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/21/2010, 12:32 AM
You can have him. He's the worst governor of all time. He's proven that he'll sell his soul for a vote.

Go Marco!!!He has company with the Murkowski woman in Alaska.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 12:35 AM
He has company with the Murkowski woman in Alaska.

Except Murkowski isn't running....so they're sort of..well...not anything alike.

sooner59
10/21/2010, 12:49 AM
I mistakenly thought this was a Notre Dame QB thread.

10/21/2010, 12:58 AM
Except Murkowski isn't running....so they're sort of..well...not anything alike.She's running for Senate, as an independent, isn't she? Are you calling that not running?

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 01:04 AM
She's running for Senate, as an independent, isn't she? Are you calling that not running?

She's not running as an independent. She's mounting a half-hearted write-in campaign, but she's not on the ballot as a candidate.

10/21/2010, 01:12 AM
She's not running as an independent. She's mounting a half-hearted write-in campaign, but she's not on the ballot as a candidate.Then you owe the board an apology for intentional deception. ..wait, you were just joking about the personal insult weren't you?

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 01:31 AM
Then you owe the board an apology for intentional deception. ..wait, you were just joking about the personal insult weren't you?

Uhm, it's not deception. She's not running as an independent -- she's not running at all...there's just a small write-in campaign on her behalf. She won't be on the ballot.

And what personal insult?

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 01:33 AM
I wasn't being insulting -- I was being condescending.

10/21/2010, 01:44 AM
Uhm, it's not deception. She's not running as an independent -- she's not running at all...there's just a small write-in campaign on her behalf. She won't be on the ballot.

And what personal insult?I'm not following the AK Senate race on a daily basis, but I have been hearing reported that she was running a much more aggressive campaign to get elected as an idendent than you apparently believe, and in that regard, is like Crist. If she doesn't cause Joe Miller to lose, I'll be plenty happy. Here's a report from today. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/21/AR2010102100218.html

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 01:49 AM
I'm not following the AK Senate race on a daily basis, but I have been hearing reported that she was running a much more aggressive campaign to get elected as an idendent than you apparently believe, and in that regard, is like Crist. If she doesn't cause Joe Miller to lose, I'll be plenty happy. Here's a report from today. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/21/AR2010102100218.html

Meaningless. Saying you'd write-in a candidate is a far cry from actually showing up on Election Day and writing their name in.

10/21/2010, 01:51 AM
Meaningless. Saying you'd write-in a candidate is a far cry from actually showing up on Election Day and writing their name in.So, you concede my point of comparison , but still want to argue about something?

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 01:57 AM
So, you concede my point of comparison , but still want to argue about something?

I'm just saying she isn't running as an independent. For one thing, a write-in candidate doesn't have to "run" as an independent -- she can still be a Republican. She never dropped her affiliation. The point of a primary is to see who gets the ballot slot for a particular party, but 1000 Republicans could all mount a write-in campaign if they wanted. I'm trying to draw a clear distinction here between her and Crist. Crist left the party to get himself on the ballot as an independent. Murkowski is not.

I still don't know how actively she's pushing this write-in campaign, I'll concede that, but it's hard to imagine her working her *** off on it since she declined to run as an independent. If she were serious, then why not run as an independent and actually be on the ballot? If she were serious she wouldn't be mounting a write-in campaign.

Here's what I think: I think this write-in campaign is simply designed to cost Miller the election in such a way that she can come across as "clean" and re-run for her seat 6 years from now. Because if she ran as an independent then she'd have to leave the Republican Party and she'd lose all her standing within the party. A write-in campaign keeps her in the party and her hands clean.

10/21/2010, 02:05 AM
I'm just saying she isn't running as an independent. For one thing, a write-in candidate doesn't have to "run" as an independent -- she can still be a Republican. She never dropped her affiliation. The point of a primary is to see who gets the ballot slot for a particular party, but 1000 Republicans could all mount a write-in campaign if they wanted. I'm trying to draw a clear distinction here between her and Crist. Crist left the party to get himself on the ballot as an independent. Murkowski is not.

I still don't know how actively she's pushing this write-in campaign, I'll concede that, but it's hard to imagine her working her *** off on it since she declined to run as an independent. If she were serious, then why not run as an independent and actually be on the ballot? If she were serious she wouldn't be mounting a write-in campaign.

Here's what I think: I think this write-in campaign is simply designed to cost Miller the election in such a way that she can come across as "clean" and re-run for her seat 6 years from now. Because if she ran as an independent then she'd have to leave the Republican Party and she'd lose all her standing within the party. A write-in campaign keeps her in the party and her hands clean.She's a RINO of the worst kind, IMO

SoonerNate
10/21/2010, 08:13 AM

Here's what I think: I think this write-in campaign is simply designed to cost Miller the election in such a way that she can come across as "clean" and re-run for her seat 6 years from now. Because if she ran as an independent then she'd have to leave the Republican Party and she'd lose all her standing within the party. A write-in campaign keeps her in the party and her hands clean.

Who cares? It's just another sore loser act. They are birds of the same feather. This country needs more Tom Coburns / Allen Wests (in my district and better win or I am leaving this area of the world)